• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

Can you get the mod for the Hydroid only through the syndicate? Can you trade for it?

You can trade for it, or of course, through the syndicate if you have one of the right ones (Suda or Loka). We have a couple of guys in the clan who run those two.

Got an Arcane upgrade thing, from the raid how do I use it?

Good lord the raid is a giant deathtrap with high level enemies, damm I was like this guy the entire raid.

LOL. You did fine. It's all pretty confusing your first time through.

You attach the arcane bits to helmets or syandanas in your foundry.

is there a gaf clan? If so can I join?

PSN: superstrokey1123

Invite sent. Welcome!

Trogdor1123

You can trade for it, or of course, through the syndicate if you have one of the right ones (Suda or Loka). We have a couple of guys in the clan who run those two.

LOL. You did fine. It's all pretty confusing your first time through.

You attach the arcane bits to helmets or syandanas in your foundry.

Invite sent. Welcome!
Thanks, crafting my key now.

Hystzen

Finally had time sink teeth into this and curious about clans do I need give my psn id to be offered chance join GAF.

Never mind just looked up lol

Psn- hysteria-87

After watching the latest dev stream I'm dying to try out parkour 2.0. Any idea on when that might hit on consoles? I think I missed any talk of tentative dates or scheduling.

bLaiSe

After watching the latest dev stream I'm dying to try out parkour 2.0. Any idea on when that might hit on consoles? I think I missed any talk of tentative dates or scheduling.
Probably like a month after the PC release which hasn't happened yet.

I just want the Excalibur rework and Ash Prime.
The latter is rather soon (tomorrow). Excited! :D

Here's a picture:
1CSsecx.jpg

Raide

It's crazy how much the game has changed, particularly the UI and the melee 2.0 updates.

And parkour 2.0 could be the biggest change yet.

I played ages ago on the PC and pretty much avoided melee weapons. Amazing how much of change Melee 2.0 made. I actually build and use them now!

The Parkour 2.0 stuff looks really interesting and hopefully it leads to more open and complicated zones that make use of it. You can tell the early tilesets are pretty basic and the later ones have more secrets and places to play around in.

frizby

Gave up on Ash BP and Systems and moved on to Carrier. Got all 4 parts in pretty short order, and it's cooking.

Tomorrow it's back to the rotation C grind.

Raide

Got to Rank 5 and built myself a Tonkor. This thing is hilarious! One question I do have, what ammo does this thing use?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So I currently use a Mag (and even got the Mag Prime as well) and weaponswise I use a level 30 Grakata and nearly level 30 Akjaragas. I love the Mag dearly (and they're awesome Corpus killers) but I feel like shes a bit glassy at the minute and I'm even having trouble getting through Phobos/Sedna. I want a really offensive/tanky warframe with some kickass weapons, anyone got any good suggestions ? I wanted to build the Amprex but I realised I wasn't Mastery level 5 and then my Argon crystals degraded, lol, well done me.

Also, I know I tend to be very quiet in the GAF clan chat but I do enjoy playing with you fine folk as well! :)

Raide

You have the Carrier sentinel? If not, you should get that instead.

Yeah, I went Carrier straight off. Just got my Kubrow as well. Don't really know a huge amount about how they work or the different things I need to do with them.

Started with Mag, going through Loki, trying to get to Trinity parts so I can build that one next.

bLaiSe

Yeah, I went Carrier straight off. Just got my Kubrow as well. Don't really know a huge amount about how they work or the different things I need to do with them.

Started with Mag, going through Loki, trying to get to Trinity parts so I can build that one next.
Carrier should be enough for the ammo pickups then. :) If you are in a clan get the blueprint for the ammo restore in one of the labs(forgot which). Those 2 should solve your ammo issues.
There are better uses for your aura slot. ;)

Raide

Carrier should be enough for the ammo pickups then. :) If you are in a clan get the blueprint for the ammo restore in one of the labs(forgot which). Those 2 should solve your ammo issues.
There are better used for your aura slot. ;)

Sometimes I have no issues with Ammo, other times I run out and have to scavenge. :D

Unfortunately I am one the Xbox One, so I had to start my own clan .:D

Just did some Void missions and got the Forma Blueprint, which is handy.

bLaiSe

Sometimes I have no issues with Ammo, other times I run out and have to scavenge. :D

Unfortunately I am one the Xbox One, so I had to start my own clan .:D

Just did some Void missions and got the Forma Blueprint, which is handy.
I'm sure there are a few big clans on Xbone too, but it's nice to have your own clan. You'll have to do quite a bit of farming to get things going and do the researches though.
Good luck.

---

I got Ash Prime tonight. o/
Couldn't help myself and bought the BP after me and my friend got the systems.
Unfortunately I couldn't use the same color scheme that I use on regular Ash because the arms looked weird but I changed it up a bit and now he looks badass. So happy for him! :))))
Moving on to Carrier tomorrow.

frizby

I got Ash Prime tonight. o/
Couldn't help myself and bought the BP after me and my friend got the systems.
Unfortunately I couldn't use the same color scheme that I use on regular Ash because the arms looked weird but I changed it up a bit and now he looks badass. So happy for him! :))))
Moving on to Carrier tomorrow.

Grats!!! I've never been a huge Ash fan, but I know you are, so I'm glad you got him in relatively short order.

My parts are cooking and the frame will be cooking late tonight, which means I'll have him late Saturday night. Also have Carrier and Vectis cooking. Imagine I'll have some formas in Carrier over the course of the next few days.

frizby

So I currently use a Mag (and even got the Mag Prime as well) and weaponswise I use a level 30 Grakata and nearly level 30 Akjaragas. I love the Mag dearly (and they're awesome Corpus killers) but I feel like shes a bit glassy at the minute and I'm even having trouble getting through Phobos/Sedna. I want a really offensive/tanky warframe with some kickass weapons, anyone got any good suggestions ? I wanted to build the Amprex but I realised I wasn't Mastery level 5 and then my Argon crystals degraded, lol, well done me.

Also, I know I tend to be very quiet in the GAF clan chat but I do enjoy playing with you fine folk as well! :)

Offensive/Tanky: Rhino is the obvious answer and is easily (IMO) the best starter frame. The prime version is pretty simple to farm these days too. Frost is also tanky and offensive, but he might be tough to farm without some help.

Other tanky options: Trinity, Chroma, Zephyr
Offensive options: Saryn, Ash, Mirage, Mesa

And don't overlook my two favorites, Loki and Nova. They're not tanky in the traditional sense, but when everything around you is slowed down by 75% or you're invisible, you always feel in control.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Offensive/Tanky: Rhino is the obvious answer and is easily (IMO) the best starter frame. The prime version is pretty simple to farm these days too. Frost is also tanky and offensive, but he might be tough to farm without some help.

Other tanky options: Trinity, Chroma, Zephyr
Offensive options: Saryn, Ash, Mirage, Mesa

And don't overlook my two favorites, Loki and Nova. They're not tanky in the traditional sense, but when everything around you is slowed down by 75% or you're invisible, you always feel in control.

Thanks frizby, awesome advice as usual :) Funnily enough I've had no luck farming Rhino Prime so far but I'll keep at it! I want to get every frame eventually so if you folks are ever doing void runs for parts and i'm about let me know! Need to buy more warframe and weapon slots though!

Amon37

Got 1 ash, 1 carrier and 3 Vectis pieces last night(Receiver on the first t4ext!). I have tonight to grind more than not until Saturday.

Grats!!! I've never been a huge Ash fan, but I know you are, so I'm glad you got him in relatively short order.

My parts are cooking and the frame will be cooking late tonight, which means I'll have him late Saturday night. Also have Carrier and Vectis cooking. Imagine I'll have some formas in Carrier over the course of the next few days.

Sigh.....

Trogdor1123

guys, ive fully leveled my Latron and its fun and everything but I just perfer automatic weapons. Whats a good one you would suggest?

edit:
nm, im going to build a quanta. Seems pretty awesome.

Wowbagger

Got to Rank 5 and built myself a Tonkor. This thing is hilarious! One question I do have, what ammo does this thing use?

Blaise already answered your question. I just wanted to mention that its nades do explode eventually, even if they don't hit an enemy, in case you hadn't figured that out yet. Took me quite a while to realize that, as the nades can bounce quite some distance and are on a roughly five sec timer.

Also, pro-tip: if doing infested defense, aim for the pod! For some reason, it counts as an enemy and will thus trigger your nades. Good for consistent damage output when camping with a fast Nova.

Also, mostly-useless-tip: the nades stick to wet surfaces, including the stuff the tar-mutalist moa likes to spew everywhere.

Really fun weapon!

guys, ive fully leveled my Latron and its fun and everything but I just perfer automatic weapons. Whats a good one you would suggest?
Soma, Grakata or Gorgon would be my first picks for primaries (and in that order), but the Karak and Dera are also suitable for scratching that automatic weapon itch.

Trogdor1123

Soma, Grakata or Gorgon would be my first picks for primaries (and in that order), but the Karak and Dera are also suitable for scratching that automatic weapon itch.

Thanks for the input. Im leaning towards the Quanta as it seems to do ridiculous amounts of damage and the alt fire is good too. It seemed be a good combo with lots of frames.

Im missing 2 parts for the Soma prime which I also considered but i can never seem to find a group to farm the parts with me so i am thinking about not doing that one. Maybe I could save up for a Gradate Prisma and get one this weekend...

Trogdor1123

Can someone also teach me about the different damage types and the status stuff. Can you have more than two on a gun? Could you do one of the combined effects and one more or does that stop it?

Can some one also teach me how people are able to get just amazing damage out of guns? I just don't see how it happens.

Same thing with the amount of damage they can take. I was playing with a Valkyr last night and he took way less damage than my Rhino, I did a bit more damage than him but he certainly wasn't slacking.

On a side note, I love the Boltace.

Raide

Can someone also teach me about the different damage types and the status stuff. Can you have more than two on a gun? Could you do one of the combined effects and one more or does that stop it?

Can some one also teach me how people are able to get just amazing damage out of guns? I just don't see how it happens.

Same thing with the amount of damage they can take. I was playing with a Valkyr last night and he took way less damage than my Rhino, I did a bit more damage than him but he certainly wasn't slacking.

On a side note, I love the Boltace.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Much of the crazy damage comes with certain weapons and the right mods. Having the element mods and mixing 2 types to produce another element is great and you tend to built these around what enemy you face.

bLaiSe

I was quite disappointed about Carrier P not being able to use the bird skin. Was looking forward to it but I got used to my bird and don't want to switch.
Seems like it'll only be mastery fodder for me...
The Sweeper P only needs 1 forma for the status build so that's good.

Amon37

I realized I don't think mr19 will be possible without farming and leveling archwing crap, ugh. I might bite the bullet and buy an affinity booster once I've farmed the weapons.

bLaiSe

I realized I don't think mr19 will be possible without farming and leveling archwing crap, ugh. I might bite the bullet and buy an affinity booster once I've farmed the weapons.
I'd say wait for a quad XP weekend with that. Leveling archwing is a pain but its bearable with 4x XP gain.

Trogdor1123

Carrier Prime sure seems like an upgrade wow. Definately going to farm that today. ANyone want to join? I already have the BP but would happily help someone who needs everything. I think I have 2 T2 ext, not sure about the others but if I do I would be happy to use them to help us.

Top Bottom