• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Invite sent Error. Welcome to the clan and welcome to the game. Prepare for a long journey, and let us know if you need help.

Thanks for the invite, and the welcome. I'm kind of overwhelmed so much stuff to do, so much content.

The movement in this game is amazing, everything feels so fast and fluid. Like RE6 on steroids but without the bullshit level design. I like how the guns feel, I have a gun right now called Latron, thing punches holes through enemies literally and the shotguns feel fucking right. I shot some dude with a shotgun and the thing sent the enemy flying like 3 or 4 feet from me. The shotguns in destiny are powerful, but they never felt right for me, not since the original Turok have I enjoyed using a shotgun so much. Shit like sliding and then pulling the trigger and unloading on the enemy feel so right.

bLaiSe

Thanks for the invite, and the welcome. I'm kind of overwhelmed so much stuff to do, so much content.

The movement in this game is amazing, everything feels so fast and fluid. Like RE6 on steroids but without the bullshit level design. I like how the guns feel, I have a gun right now called Latron, thing punches holes through enemies literally and the shotguns feel fucking right. I shot some dude with a shotgun and the thing sent the enemy flying like 3 or 4 feet from me. The shotguns in destiny are powerful, but they never felt right for me, not since the original Turok have I enjoyed using a shotgun so much. Shit like sliding and then pulling the trigger and unloading on the enemy feel so right.
Yeah, this awesome movement system is kind of a new thing and it made Warframe a LOT more fun. The devs do some massive overhauls or add new stuff every once in a while so the game almost always have something new to offer or discover with every update. Parkour was really clunky before and we relied on high attack speed melee weapons to maneuver around the map. With Parkour 2.0 though, I can bring my jet powered hammer, jump up 15 meters high, aim glide to an enemy while blocking frontal bullets then smash the fuckers down sending them flying! Feels so good to pull something like this off and these moments happen so often.

Shotguns have been buffed recently so now they all hit hard, like they should've been all along. Try the Tigris if you can. Fun to use and it can cause some serious injuries. ;)

Gave Uranus a spin last night to check out some of the new tileset, sharkwing, and get some more practice time with parkour 2.0. Man oh man Uranus looks great, underwater really feels new since its smaller scale and speed than the outer space missions where you're hurtling everywhere with afterburners.

Underwater feels sluggish at first but I came around after a mission or two. Looks and sounds amazing.

BUT... is it just me or has the enemy AI has been getting worse with each update since the raid was introduced? Of the handful of extermination missions I ran last night I'd say that a little under half of the enemies were either completely oblivious to their surroundings, walking in circles, or stuck, like nestled into some underwater corner somewhere.

All the game improvements have been incredible (parkour, new tilesets, mixed archwing/on-foot mission structures, and the fucking parkour, hot damn), but not if they come at the cost of the moment to moment combat which holds it all together, so I hope another AI pass is planned for some time soon. Oblivious AI just can't hold my attention so I find myself playing a mission or two and exiting out rather than settling in for a night of space ninja shenanigans. Warframe AI has never been what I would call smart, but they worked for the most part - now I'm seeing whole packs of enemies at a time that don't know know how to move or fight in these spaces effectively.

Are you guys noticing this?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Played last night and was very pleasantly surprised how good it is, if somewhat overwhelming.

Does GAF have a clan?

EDIT: Okay, I'm loving this. Still trying to get my bearings but this is very much "my shit". I've heard it's worth chucking a wee bit of cash in for slots/frames or something. What's the recommendation...?

frizby

Is there still a list for chesa imprints? Also anyone have a nova prime chassis for trade/sale?

At last check, War and Bjeaux had two of the sets. Try to catch either of them on and ask in clan chat.

Played last night and was very pleasantly surprised how good it is, if somewhat overwhelming.

Does GAF have a clan?

EDIT: Okay, I'm loving this. Still trying to get my bearings but this is very much "my shit". I've heard it's worth chucking a wee bit of cash in for slots/frames or something. What's the recommendation...?

Yes, we have a clan. Just post or PM me your PSN for clan invite.

Spend your starter plat on Warframe slots. If you decide to buy plat after that, there are a few ways to get deals. Again, PM for details.

Gave Uranus a spin last night to check out some of the new tileset, sharkwing, and get some more practice time with parkour 2.0. Man oh man Uranus looks great, underwater really feels new since its smaller scale and speed than the outer space missions where you're hurtling everywhere with afterburners.

Underwater feels sluggish at first but I came around after a mission or two. Looks and sounds amazing.

BUT... is it just me or has the enemy AI has been getting worse with each update since the raid was introduced? Of the handful of extermination missions I ran last night I'd say that a little under half of the enemies were either completely oblivious to their surroundings, walking in circles, or stuck, like nestled into some underwater corner somewhere.

Are you guys noticing this?

Yes, enemies getting tied up with each other or spinning aimlessly in place seems oddly common with this update. Tough to say what they did in this last update to cause it, but here's to hoping they are giving it a look. I really only notice when I'm playing as an invisible frame, because you really get to watch them.

Error

Does GAF have a clan?

I stopped playing other games when I started playing this, just too addictive.

very nice about the update, that was quick. Good shit DE.

frizby

Yup, it's the only thing capable of dragging me away from TPP at the moment.

The whole thing is quite overwhelming though. I get the moment-to-moment gameplay (which is fabulous) but everything else is still a bit of a mystery at the moment.

Thanks for the invite btw!

We have a party chat up every night, and folks are happy to talk you through the basics and unlock some key nodes for you. Will send a friend request.

Tried to help error a bit, but he's sort of a silent protagonist. ;) The in game text is a great and useful feature, but there's simply too much to explain.

Just an FYI for ya'll getting the Nikondi today, the stance is farmed off Guardsmen and is an Uncommon rather than a rare this time around. I got mine when this launched on PC in my first run of Egeria, Ceres. They start spawning in hordes after five minutes. Bring your standard farming team and you'll be set.

They're super good weapons, can hit 100% status and has just electric damage to start.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
We have a party chat up every night, and folks are happy to talk you through the basics and unlock some key nodes for you. Will send a friend request.

Tried to help error a bit, but he's sort of a silent protagonist. ;) The in game text is a great and useful feature, but there's simply too much to explain.

Nice one! You've been super helpful.

I have to stay pretty quiet because of the lil un but I should be able to grunt at least. :) Probably hit you guys up at the weekend.

Error

lol I'm a loner like that... :p

Nah, I'm still unlocking planet nodes and leveling up 'frames and different weapons I figured that'd be boring for you guys, so I'm ok for now, I'll be more active when I start tackling end-game stuff. Currently playing around with Valkyr, and she is quickly becoming my favorite so far. Great clan, btw, very helpful.

frizby

The nunchuks are pretty cool...not sure how good they are yet, and I have to farm up the stance mod, but they're definitely fun to use.

I managed to get all of the new syndicate primaries and level a few up. So far, the Tigris seems like the big winner. The rest are all mixed bags...Boltor not as good as Boltor Prime...Penta not as good as Tonkor...Hek can't use the syndicate mod. Not sure about the Simulor, but I never knew what to make of the original either. I'm not a bow guy, but I do love the look of the Cernos...not sure how it holds up to Paris/Dread.

Ember, Glaive and Sicarus going to the vault this week. If you don't have them, I'd make them a priority.

I managed to get all of the new syndicate primaries and level a few up. So far, the Tigris seems like the big winner. The rest are all mixed bags...Boltor not as good as Boltor Prime...Penta not as good as Tonkor...Hek can't use the syndicate mod. Not sure about the Simulor, but I never knew what to make of the original either. I'm not a bow guy, but I do love the look of the Cernos...not sure how it holds up to Paris/Dread.

In terms of just "fuck you" numbers of damage, the S.Tigris wins. It's an upgraded Tigris! The syndicate effect is also good.

Penta can be as good as the Tonkor, and the Radiation proc is nice. They are largely competitive with each other and you don't need to be reloading all the time like you do with the Tonkor. Just watch for self damage.

V.Hek is an interesting case. If you have Primed Ravage it blows passed the regular Hek. The spread is tight enough to start doing headshot crits with it. Even with regular Ravage, the V. Hek can out damage the Hek, and you don't need to eat up a mod slot for the Syndicate effect either.

Simulor is godlike. With enough effort, you can be doing millions of points of damage by putting the orbs up a little so that the pops will deal head shot damage, plus you get minor CC with the vortexes it generates. The explosion radius when the orbs collide is way larger than the normal version which helps immensely. The syndicate effect is alright, energy regeneration is nice. About the only bad thing for this weapon is the Magnetic damage.

Cernos might be the new king of the bows. Not needing to use a space for fire rate is insane, and while it might not push red crit potential, it still has a crazy high crit chance. The syndicate proc is equally powerful. Yes it's Impact, but on a team without 4xCP in void missions, it can easily push passed the Dread thanks to the proccing and fire rate.

So basically all of the weapons are good. The Boltor debate is going on a bit longer because there is some firing sustainability to consider with that larger clip, but the proc isn't anything to write home about.

frizby

V.Hek is an interesting case. If you have Primed Ravage it blows passed the regular Hek. The spread is tight enough to start doing headshot crits with it. Even with regular Ravage, the V. Hek can out damage the Hek, and you don't need to eat up a mod slot for the Syndicate effect either.

I'd use that mod whether it had the syndicate effect or not, and that's the problem. But good to hear that the V Hek is ultimately better.

Simulor is godlike. With enough effort, you can be doing millions of points of damage by putting the orbs up a little so that the pops will deal head shot damage, plus you get minor CC with the vortexes it generates. The explosion radius when the orbs collide is way larger than the normal version which helps immensely. The syndicate effect is alright, energy regeneration is nice. About the only bad thing for this weapon is the Magnetic damage.

Will give it an honest go. I never put the effort into the regular one, because by the time PS4 got it, we already knew the syndicate version was coming.

Cernos might be the new king of the bows. Not needing to use a space for fire rate is insane, and while it might not push red crit potential, it still has a crazy high crit chance. The syndicate proc is equally powerful. Yes it's Impact, but on a team without 4xCP in void missions, it can easily push passed the Dread thanks to the proccing and fire rate.

So basically all of the weapons are good. The Boltor debate is going on a bit longer because there is some firing sustainability to consider with that larger clip, but the proc isn't anything to write home about.

Like I said, not a bow guy, but one of my favorite things about Warframe is that it can legitimately be played so many ways.

Bummed about the Boltor. That was the one I was most looking forward to.

InFamy

Neo Member
I recently got a PS4 as gift and decided to give this a try since it's free. Now I'm completely addicted to it. Right now I'm trying to get more weapons and Frames because as much as I love Volt and the bow I want to try something else out. Between this and Destiny (especially once I'm able to upgrade from the PS3 to PS4 version) I'm set on games for a while.

frizby

So I made a PSN "Community" for the clan and invited those of you who are on my friends list. It's called "NeoGAF Clan" under Warframe, and it's public if you guys want to find it and join. My thought is that it could be used as a more persistent version of the in-game chat for setting up trades, raids or whatever else...especially with half of our clan being non-gaffers.

VariantX

Just a quick PSA to everyone who isn't aware of this yet, but if you don't have dual stat electric mods in your mod library, run the living hell out of Project Undermine. They're random rewards for successfully completing the mission by extracting the data. You also have a chance at getting the other dual stat mods as well. If you want a rift sigil, its a reward from Project Undermine 3 on eris, just be cautious as the new night watch reaver units can down a frame in 1-2 shots with their tonkors and they're extremely armored compared to even normal heavy units.

EDIT: Mod drops from Project Undermine 3 at the very least can come pre maxed!

Error

Protip: if you want to make 20p quickly to buy an Orokin Reactor

1) High Voltage and Voltaic Strike are dropping like candy on this weekend's Tactical Alert missions, if you are low leveled play the mars mission and farm them
2) Go to trade channel, and don't get greedy so you can sell them quick so my advice: sell them for 10-15p each.
3) Buy an Orokin Reactor from the Market
4) Installed it on your favorite frame, or the one you are most comfortable with.

with the double mod capacity the reactor offers, you can mess around better with builds and become powerful enough to tackle the last tier of planets, there's also an Orokin Catalyst (which doubles weapon's mod capacity) BP in this weekend's tactical alert.

edit: damn, beaten lol

Cob32

Hi guys can I get an invite to the clan please?

My psn is TheMainMan1987

I've been playing warframe on and off for a few months and have about 1days worth of total playtime.

Lanka and Snipertron have the same exact model....lmao

This was why the Snipetron was removed and replaced with the Lanka, along with the fact that lore wise the Snipetron doesn't make sense (Corpus gun shooting bullets instead of energy projectiles). I guess enough people wanted it back to make an appearance like this.

But the Snipetron Vandal is where it's at.

frizby

Hey is there a Warframe Gaf Community??

If so add me

PSN: B_Spooky13

There is and had been since launch. Tried to send an invite, but it shows you already in a clan.

If you want to leave your clan, options, communication then clan, click your name and choose to leave clan. Let us know if you do, and we'll get you in.

frizby

Trinity wasn't too bad of a farm. Will see if I can get the parts for the Kamas tomorrow.

I have also been doing some work on the dojo. Functionally, everything is back where it belongs, and paint will be done tomorrow. I do have a few small rooms on the sides to sort out, and there there are still a few decorations cooking, but overall, I think it's turning out pretty decent.

Try again Im about to get on and leave that clan

Sent and welcome.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of where things drop? The wiki isn't updated yet and the list on their forums give a permission error. Is it just trinity + kama primes?

Hope they finally balance some of the drop tables. Why does t1 ext have 4 drops inc forma while rot c t3 surv has 5+ things that can drop? So dumb. I get they don't want to give new/top tier shit away put a bp or something in there plz. Hell add rarer low tier stuff so it's easier to farm stuff your missing. Blow up the void already :p

bLaiSe

Is there a list of where things drop? The wiki isn't updated yet and the list on their forums give a permission error. Is it just trinity + kama primes?

Hope they finally balance some of the drop tables. Why does t1 ext have 4 drops inc forma while rot c t3 surv has 5+ things that can drop? So dumb. I get they don't want to give new/top tier shit away put a bp or something in there plz. Hell add rarer low tier stuff so it's easier to farm stuff your missing. Blow up the void already :p
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3nqgb7/trinity_prime_drop_locations/

Trinity wasn't too bad of a farm. Will see if I can get the parts for the Kamas tomorrow.

I have also been doing some work on the dojo. Functionally, everything is back where it belongs, and paint will be done tomorrow. I do have a few small rooms on the sides to sort out, and there there are still a few decorations cooking, but overall, I think it's turning out pretty decent.

Sent and welcome.

Thank you.

So I just finished the Infestation Missions. What do I do now? Just do different missions until more open up because there's not any specific mission its giving me now. I just started playing this again a few days ago after the big overhaul.. So not too sure what to do now. I think my Excalibur is at Lvl 10 or 11 right now and just going from mission to mission

frizby

The new kubrow collar gives you 10 health and 17 shields or vice versa. Can't remember. No mastery either.

Might be ok if it's base health and shields, but yeah, a little bit underwhelming. Still prefer the collar to a standalone dog that replaces yours though, and I'm not sure what I would have done differently. Of course it doesn't help that Kubrows are kind of broken in the first place. I take mine on more than a few missions a day, and I can't pet his dumbass enough to keep his loyalty up.

Dual Kamas were a tougher farm than Trinity, at least for me.

Jellie

Might be ok if it's base health and shields, but yeah, a little bit underwhelming. Still prefer the collar to a standalone dog that replaces yours though, and I'm not sure what I would have done differently. Of course it doesn't help that Kubrows are kind of broken in the first place. I take mine on more than a few missions a day, and I can't pet his dumbass enough to keep his loyalty up.

Dual Kamas were a tougher farm than Trinity, at least for me.
Think they buffed the collar. 100 extra armour.

Amon37

Spent 5 hours farming various parts of anything new last night, not one part. Rngesus has forsaken me. Will try again Saturday night.

Top Bottom