• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Just watching the latest dev stream now -- good to see they're ditching paid revives in the new update. There will still be a 4 revive max, but per mission. Once you return to the ship they'll replenish to full.

I don't often hear about paid stuff in f2p games being removed outside of some crazy backlash. Looks like the only ones buying it were new players who can't switch frames, and that makes for a crappy first impression.

And man, I've bounced back into the game off an on over the past few days and the more I play it the more I love Parkour 2.0. I'm finding all kinds of shit in the rafters of tilesets I thought I knew everything to. Can't even be sure if those rooms are new or if they were nestled up there all along. And after coming from The Taken King for a bit its good to be back in 60fps land, with particles and gore and options. Good times.

Just watching the latest dev stream now -- good to see they're ditching paid revives in the new update. There will still be a 4 revive max, but per mission. Once you return to the ship they'll replenish to full.

I don't often hear about paid stuff in f2p games being removed outside of some crazy backlash. Looks like the only ones buying it were new players who can't switch frames, and that makes for a crappy first impression.

And man, I've bounced back into the game off an on over the past few days and the more I play it the more I love Parkour 2.0. I'm finding all kinds of shit in the rafters of tilesets I thought I knew everything to. Can't even be sure if those rooms are new or if they were nestled up there all along. And after coming from The Taken King for a bit its good to be back in 60fps land, with particles and gore and options. Good times.

Its crazy Destiny still have the same default reload animation for each type of weapon, the same base weapon model for each type of weapon but reskinned with some few exceptions, and no new type of weapons like grenade launchers, throwing weapons, hand grenade launcher or akimbos and the same old areas with no modifications in Expansion 3.

I can only blame the old gen not letting Destiny to add more features in the base game

Its crazy Destiny still have the same default reload animation for each type of weapon, the same base weapon model for each type of weapon but reskinned with some few exceptions, and no new type of weapons like grenade launchers, throwing weapons, hand grenade launcher or akimbos and the same old areas with no modifications in Expansion 3.

I can only blame the old gen not letting Destiny to add more features in the base game
The best bit about coming from TTK back to Warframe? Warframe has never invalidated my gear or progress. I still regularly run with early-game weaponry, forma'd to hell and back again. In Destiny I dismantled all of my exotics shortly after starting TTK as they were made useless by way of the new expansion. That was a shitty feeling.

VariantX

Honestly, feel alot of the more annoying stuff might be going away over time as they get more community stuff in the steam store. New players paying for revives or accidentally rushing something for full plat amt when you have 30 minutes to go on the build seems like dumb "gotcha" stuff to get people who are playing for hours with their eyes glazed over.

frizby

The best bit about coming from TTK back to Warframe? Warframe has never invalidated my gear or progress. I still regularly run with early-game weaponry, forma'd to hell and back again. In Destiny I dismantled all of my exotics shortly after starting TTK as they were made useless by way of the new expansion. That was a shitty feeling.

So much this. Along with the shifty 40 dollar price point, this is exactly why I don't own Taken King. I mean, why bother? All of the Taken King gear will be shit in 6 months.

frizby

Just chucked Ember Prime in the oven and Zephyr isn't far behind. Game begins fo real in 3 days.

Aww yeah

Apologies in advance for Ember. Not a fan.

I was goofing around with colors in the dojo and somebody funded them. Oops. Doesn't look too bad tho.

Cracklox

Ember prob wouldn't have been on my radar in the early days, but a kind guildy (claney?) offered all the pieces for nothing. Could hardly say no. I do like the somewhat exclusive factor (I understand the Prime variant can no longer be obtained) though and I'll take anything at the moment.
Zephyr on the other hand sounds like she will be my cup of tea. I kinda really want Vauban too, though I only have 1 piece for him at the moment. Trapper style gameplay is something I usually love.

I think I have all the bits and most of the mats to make Nyx as well, but I only have 3 frame slots for now, so I'll hold off for a bit. The other 2 should keep me busy for a while.

A question. Which Frame (or weapon I guess) can place the grey smokey effect on enemies, and when shot they blow up? Kinda like Exploding Palm in Diablo 3. I've only done a couple of runs with people using that and its pretty awesome detonating packs with a single arrow. Do want for myself

frizby

Ember prob wouldn't have been on my radar in the early days, but a kind guildy (claney?) offered all the pieces for nothing. Could hardly say no. I do like the somewhat exclusive factor (I understand the Prime variant can no longer be obtained) though and I'll take anything at the moment.

Nothing wrong with a free Ember. I was afraid you'd bought her and would be disappointed. Kudos to whomever gave you the parts. Cool gesture.

Zephyr on the other hand sounds like she will be my cup of tea. I kinda really want Vauban too, though I only have 1 piece for him at the moment. Trapper style gameplay is something I usually love.

Zephyr is underrated IMO, but she was also the frame most hurt by the new parkour in that most anyone can move around the map like she does. At this point, she's a fast frame with a pretty good shield and a terrible ultimate. Get a "Jet Stream" augment mod for her if you can. Somebody will probably give you one. I will if I'm on.

I think I have all the bits and most of the mats to make Nyx as well, but I only have 3 frame slots for now, so I'll hold off for a bit. The other 2 should keep me busy for a while.

Too bad you didn't build Nyx instead of Ember Prime. With Ember Prime, you're pretty much stuck with her holding down a slot, because you can't really get rid of her. You could have taken vanilla Nyx for a test drive and freed that slot back up. Nyx is really quite powerful but not my cup of tea.

A question. Which Frame (or weapon I guess) can place the grey smokey effect on enemies, and when shot they blow up? Kinda like Exploding Palm in Diablo 3. I've only done a couple of runs with people using that and its pretty awesome detonating packs with a single arrow. Do want for myself

I believe you're talking about Nova and her Molecular Prime. She's still my favorite frame.

bLaiSe

I was goofing around with colors in the dojo and somebody funded them. Oops. Doesn't look too bad tho.
Ember will be a little bit better when we get 17.7 with the channelling ability changes.

I tried to goof around the other day as well but appearently one needs to have an architect status for that. :/

Cracklox

Nothing wrong with a free Ember. I was afraid you'd bought her and would be disappointed. Kudos to whomever gave you the parts. Cool gesture.

Zephyr is underrated IMO, but she was also the frame most hurt by the new parkour in that most anyone can move around the map like she does. At this point, she's a fast frame with a pretty good shield and a terrible ultimate. Get a "Jet Stream" augment mod for her if you can. Somebody will probably give you one. I will if I'm on.

Too bad you didn't build Nyx instead of Ember Prime. With Ember Prime, you're pretty much stuck with her holding down a slot, because you can't really get rid of her. You could have taken vanilla Nyx for a test drive and freed that slot back up. Nyx is really quite powerful but not my cup of tea.

I believe you're talking about Nova and her Molecular Prime. She's still my favorite frame.

Hey, thanks for the tips. I think I need to make a move to find Nova now as well :)

Not sure if he/she is on Gaf, but Mefid was the kind soul who gave me Ember Prime. Well not gave, but swapped for a 2.5% smite grineer mod :) Very cool, and was made even cooler when I looked at the crafting requirements and I wasn't to far off making all the bits.

I think I found the last pieces for Nyx after I'd already built a couple of pieces of Ember, otherwise I may have gone that route. Mind control sounds more interesting then burning the world. I'll def get to her though.

That said, I think I'll grab the bundle on PSN that has some plat and a few skins in a couple of days, and will probably spend the 170 plat on a few more weapon and frame slots. I don't think I'll outright purchase Frames, at least for now. Takes away from the hunt for drops, which is obv a big part of a game like this. I'll try and support the game where I can tho. Some of the cosmetic stuff looks straight sex and could be hard to resist.

Oh and for what its worth, I liked the color scheme of the dojo main hall. The whole match the Gaf logo thing kinda works. Dunno where that damn turtle I keep hearing about is though

AndyD

aka andydumi
I like the scheme as well. It works with the logo. That said, a more contrasty color set would work as well.

As a side note, I added a reactor to my Excalibur frame and wow, so many more mods! Why I didn't do this before, I have no idea. The component have been sitting in my inventory forever. Only lvl 26 or so, a few more to max!

But I would like to find a second frame to play with. Something that works at range with a bow.

And can anyone explain how do I unlock all locations on a planet? On Earth I have 6/12 but I cannot figure out how to get all.

Raptor

I went to teh dojo yesterday to take a look and is very nice and elegant, good job to those who did it.

Was all empty tho :(

Question, how do I put auto mod on everything? is just that I dont know what the hell Im doing half the time and I dont know if Im modding correctly the shit out of everything.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just chucked Ember Prime in the oven and Zephyr isn't far behind. Game begins fo real in 3 days.

Aww yeah

Ember is so much fun if you build her for strength and efficiency, she's a bit squishy so I run her with both a vit and a shield mod which a lot of people say is unnecessary, I also use a Furis with the life steal mod as her side arm, some times I use an atomos instead. My primary with her changes between an opticor, quanta and a soma prime and the melee weapon is just whatever you want lol I use a fang prime because it looks cool.

She can CC tons of people just through her fire status, her 4 absolutely smokes everything under level 40 that gets within eye shot of you. Her 2 has awesome synergy with her other abilities and any weapons you may mod for fire damage and on top of that her 3 is a really solid area of denial skill. If you dump in fire quake you can become really good support for T4 defense missions taken beyond wave 20.

Energy is literally never an issue really, since I just kinda have an abundance of it, I can get world of fire's cost down to .7 per second and without flow that's still over 3 minutes of WoF being on at max energy.

Amon37

If I run my zephyr capture build with rush and armored agility and jet stream and there's a volt with speed I literally run so fast I can't control where I'm going lol.

Cracklox

And can anyone explain how do I unlock all locations on a planet? On Earth I have 6/12 but I cannot figure out how to get all.

I'm also wondering this. How can you tell if a mission has been completed or not? There doesn't seem to be a clear indicator and I'm buggered if I can remember all the ones I've done on each planet.

Ember help stuff

Yo cheers for that, although at my level I think I'll be a ways off making that work properly. Mods and weapons being the main restrictions. Sure she'll be fun either way though

If I run my zephyr capture build with rush and armored agility and jet stream and there's a volt with speed I literally run so fast I can't control where I'm going lol.

This. I wanna do this.

Also with the latest Parkour changes making some of Zephyrs skills somewhat redundant, would it not be a good idea to give her a proper channelled flight ability. That would be cool and set her apart again. Just thinking out loud, or in text form as it were

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The node will flash and have a white/semi translucent overlay if it's not been completed. I think beating a node unlocks any adjacent nodes. I know beating the boss of a world unlocks the next one.

frizby

The node will flash and have a white/semi translucent overlay if it's not been completed. I think beating a node unlocks any adjacent nodes. I know beating the boss of a world unlocks the next one.

This is all correct.

The 3 statuses are locked, unlocked but not completed, and completed, and there's a visual cue for each.

AndyD

aka andydumi

This is all correct.

The 3 statuses are locked, unlocked but not completed, and completed, and there's a visual cue for each.

Hah! So the ones flashing are left to do, not already done. I'm an idiot.

Cracklox

Yeah thanks guys. The shimmering effect is far more apparent when you look at the nodes you don't currently have selected. When a mission is highlighted its a little more subtle

Now, to tidy up all the stoopid spy and deception missions and the like I've been putting off

Wowbagger

My turn to complain about the main hall colours. Not a fan of the light blue. Goes well with the yellow lights, but... it's just dull, I guess. Might look alright if another colour was added for contrast.

This game keeps on giving. I wanted to run some solo missions for kicks, and to master some more of the parkour elements (the slow-mo dive action in particular), but I was also in the mood for some Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare bot matches. Just wanted that 60fps non-stop action with automatics and semi-autos that you can get in COD. But I didn't have COD installed...

So while I reinstalled COD I decided to forma my Excalibur, equip a Karak primary, Dex Furis secondary and the Redeemer for melee (I suppose I should have gone for a dagger), and dropped into the first survival mission on Mercury for non-stop special forces action and parkour combo practice.

Needless to say I got my COD on in Warframe, and loved every bit of it. Only this time with far more mobility, far more blood and endless particle effects.

Amon37

If anyone is on the perrin/new loka side I need a Tigris and penta. Right now I have a hek and am working on another simulor

frizby

My turn to complain about the main hall colours. Not a fan of the light blue. Goes well with the yellow lights, but... it's just dull, I guess. Might look alright if another colour was added for contrast.

Like I said, I didn't intend to fund that combo.

I'll put another combo together for preview. Just have to see if folks can resist funding it.

Okay I feel like I'm stuck.

My Excalibur is max out with all my weapons. Do I need to upgrade to a different Warframe and weapons now? Cause I've reached Phobos but I can't fight those enemies and I feel like the same will happen with the planet after Jupiter.

So is this the point where I start farming for another Warframe to get farther?

Saprol

Okay I feel like I'm stuck.

My Excalibur is max out with all my weapons. Do I need to upgrade to a different Warframe and weapons now? Cause I've reached Phobos but I can't fight those enemies and I feel like the same will happen with the planet after Jupiter.

So is this the point where I start farming for another Warframe to get farther?
Levels don't do much. They just give you more points to slot in mods which is where you get the bulk of your stats. +damage or +elemental and leveling those mods up are how you're going to get stronger.

It's worth trying other frames and weapons. The more stuff you level, the more affinity you can get and that will remove restrictions on certain weapons.

Levels don't do much. They just give you more points to slot in mods which is where you get the bulk of your stats. +damage or +elemental and leveling those mods up are how you're going to get stronger.

It's worth trying other frames and weapons. The more stuff you level, the more affinity you can get and that will remove restrictions on certain weapons.

Okay soo... How do I progress from here then? Or are you saying farming, combining, and upgrading mods to be able to play on?

Wowbagger

Like I said, I didn't intend to fund that combo.

I'll put another combo together for preview. Just have to see if folks can resist funding it.

Great! :)

Okay soo... How do I progress from here then? Or are you saying farming, combining, and upgrading mods to be able to play on?

If you haven't done so already, you should first double mod space in weapons/frame by installing catalysts/reactor. Then, yes, focus on maxing out the mods you use.

Also, use optimal elemental combos against the different factions: radiation plus viral against Grineer, magnetic plus toxin against Corpus and corrosive plus heat against Infested.

Some frames are stronger against certain factions than others (Mag is a fantastic Corpus killer) and some handle certain missions better than others (once enemies start to hit harder, Frost is great for defending destroyables), but anyone will do for just getting through the star chart. Changing weapons might help, though. If you are using any of the starting weapons, you might want to look into upgrading to something better to invest your catalysts/forma into. Which are you using atm?

Cracklox

Eh, was gunna type up some noob to noob advice as I feel like I'm getting a decent grasp on the gameplay loop side of things (Plenty still to learn else where tho), but I think the more experienced guys, like above, are better off with that.

One thing I will suggest is to check the various labs in the dojo if you haven't already. There are some things in there that can be quite useful early on. The Tenno lab even sells all the parts for a couple of frames (you still have to make them in the foundry though) , so its an easier way to get access to another frame (or 2) then farming out the 4 pieces. The more frames/weapons you have, the more you can increase your MR rank, which gives access to more weapons etc as you increase it, which in turn allows you to tackle tougher content

Oh and per above get a decent weapon ASAP. I didn't realise just how bad the starting bow was, until I upgraded to Attica (which is nothing special either, but better) and unranked it was already doing a better job then the bow at level 30 with a bunch of mods

Wowbagger

Eh, was gunna type up some noob to noob advice as I feel like I'm getting a decent grasp on the gameplay loop side of things (Plenty still to learn else where tho), but I think the more experienced guys, like above, are better off with that.

Please don't let my post discourage you. I'm sure I'm forgetting things from when I started that it would be good to point out to a newbie (like the frames available in the dojo -- Banshee is one of my favourites, though perhaps too squishy to be a good beginner's frame). And I'm hardly an expert on all things Warframe. :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
So I accidentally made a Heat Blade, when I wanted dual Heat Blades, which I made. Can I trade the single to someone? Anyone want one?

Great! :)

If you haven't done so already, you should first double mod space in weapons/frame by installing catalysts/reactor. Then, yes, focus on maxing out the mods you use.

Also, use optimal elemental combos against the different factions: radiation plus viral against Grineer, magnetic plus toxin against Corpus and corrosive plus heat against Infested.

Some frames are stronger against certain factions than others (Mag is a fantastic Corpus killer) and some handle certain missions better than others (once enemies start to hit harder, Frost is great for defending destroyables), but anyone will do for just getting through the star chart. Changing weapons might help, though. If you are using any of the starting weapons, you might want to look into upgrading to something better to invest your catalysts/forma into. Which are you using atm?

OHHHHHH i see i see i see... Man they might have taught this somewhere in the game but damn if I saw it. This will come way more useful. Cause I have like three of those Orokin Reactors. I love this game and all but damn it feels like they dont teach you shit. hahaha

This is how I feel but with them teaching me in this game
charlie-on-parenting.jpg

So I just got a Nova Prime blueprint.. Is that good? I only saw Nova in the market and not that Nova Prime so is it a Warframe that you can get when it drops?

Is this a better version or something? And should I start trying to build this over the Volt I started on?

Edit: Well I'm not high enough to start getting the Nova blueprints from Raptor. So one more question.. Can I just get normal blueprints to make this or do I have to get Prime blueprints to build a Prime Warframe

Wowbagger

So I just got a Nova Prime blueprint.. Is that good? I only saw Nova in the market and not that Nova Prime so is it a Warframe that you can get when it drops?

Is this a better version or something? And should I start trying to build this over the Volt I started on?

Edit: Well I'm not high enough to start getting the Nova blueprints from Raptor. So one more question.. Can I just get normal blueprints to make this or do I have to get Prime blueprints to build a Prime Warframe

Prime variants of frames are better than their regular counterparts. They generally have minor stat boosts, more flashy looking models and are built from prime parts that you farm in the void. Levelling the regular version of a frame first is a good idea; not only for the XP, but because it is easier to farm and would help you decide whether the grind for the prime variant is worth it.

VariantX

Yes. All primes are inherently better than the standard counterparts because they all have a universal passive ability that allows them to get 250 energy from touching death orbs in the void. At least one of your base stats are better by some degree than the original, and they usually have 1 or 2 slots already polarized from the start. You can only build prime equipment with prime blueprints and parts.

Amon37

Prime variants of frames are better than their regular counterparts. They generally have minor stat boosts, more flashy looking models and are built from prime parts that you farm in the void. Levelling the regular version of a frame first is a good idea; not only for the XP, but because it is easier to farm and would help you decide whether the grind for the prime variant is worth it.

Frost Prime is probably the only frame that isn't worth the grind but he's vaulted so no worries.

Okay I feel like a dumbass. I've been excited to get a orokin blueprint. But it was for a catalyst and not the reactor. What's a easy way to get a orokin reactor blueprint?

bLaiSe

Okay I feel like a dumbass. I've been excited to get a orokin blueprint. But it was for a catalyst and not the reactor. What's a easy way to get a orokin reactor blueprint?
They come every 2 weeks on Fridays. It's a gamble though. They rarely pop up on alerts and invasions as well.

Check your warframe inbox, I'll send you one. :)

Top Bottom