• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Man I just started last week and trying to get all the Archwing quest done but damn it only gives me the harness and wings and not the other 2 blueprints played the level like 8 times today

Strike

Thinking about joining this clan. Been stuck on Uranus for over a week and can't really find many players who are't willing to do anything other than Void missions.

PSN: Strike34

Amon37

Thinking about joining this clan. Been stuck on Uranus for over a week and can't really find many players who are't willing to do anything other than Void missions.

PSN: Strike34

I wouldn't want to be stuck on Uranus either....

Ba-dum-tish

EGOMON

I just started playing the game and i really like it
Can i join Neogaf clan?
PSN: GeoDarky

Also how can i get a Kubrow?

So do I keep going to the same level for the archwing pieces? Because all I've been getting is the harness and wings. I've played the level like 10 times with no avail. Am I doing this right?

So do I keep going to the same level for the archwing pieces? Because all I've been getting is the harness and wings. I've played the level like 10 times with no avail. Am I doing this right?

Yep, you only need three pieces (Wings, Harness and systems) since you already have the BP

Amon37

Every time I've helped somebody with that level, we've stayed until we got all 3 parts.

Ya if your running with high levels and great gear, in a group of lower levels the enemy scaling sometimes doesn't make it worth the time. I've seen it work either way.

frizby

Damn.. the rng is early in this game

RNG is everywhere in this game, but it differs from a lot of RNG games in that whatever you want drops from a specific place or a specific enemy. It's a big difference from games where everything is everywhere, and you're completely at the mercy of randomness.

It allows you to focus on the things you want, and fortunately, the game has enough content to support that model for a long long time.

Cracklox

Hey all. Grabbed this over the weekend. Had heard about it before, but no idea why I never decided to try it out till now.

After initially being completely overwhelmed and unsure if I could stick it out, I really felt it getting its hooks in last night. Stayed up a bit late with the old 'one more mission' syndrome, and then did much thinking about the game while at work today. How the hell this is F2P I'll never know. I've mucked around with a few other F2P things recently and this is head and shoulders above in, well, about everything really. It all just feels real slick, which isn't a term I'd usually associate with F2P. Anyhoo still completely confused about most things (not wacking stuff with a pole arm. I'm good at that) and I have a few questions I was hoping the good folk here could answer. To give an idea i'm only just past the 1st 'boss' guy and only have my frame at level 7.

- Loots. I gather it doesn't 'drop' as such, you find or buy blueprints and then have to farm the mats to make the upgrades? Or does stuff drop and I haven't noticed? That is, outside of mats, credits and health etc. I don't really stop and smell the roses here, because it feels like the games designed to be played at a fast pace, so I hope i haven't been blazing past loot drops that I have to manually pick up. Also outside of breakable crate things, and the lockers with green lights am I missing anything else that could provide upgrades?

- Platinum = real money as I understand. I think I have read everything that can be bought in the store can be earned in game. So that goes for the cosmetic stuff as well? How do I get stuff to pimp out my ship and my frame? If I have to craft all of that too, then that could take a while.

- Frame powers? The ones on R1. I'm assuming those unlock as you go. Right now I seem to only have the yank-em-out-of-cover power, but when I check in my menus it shows the other 3 there. Am I missing something with selecting them or is it a case of they unlock at certain tiers? Also, I assume its only possible to have 1 of those equipped at a time?

- Stealth? Is it a thing? I know there's stealth takedowns and a stealth crouch on L1, but when you get seen it seems pretty impossible to shake the heat, even if you go and hack the alarm. I had to do an infiltration mission, which apparently was best done stealthily but I just ended up smacking everybody around with my staff as usual. Lost 1 bit of evidence (or something) but still passed it. Playing that way (slow and carefully) also doesn't seem like 'the way its meant to be played' either and a little counter-intuitive. Just coming off MGSV, so the brains kinda hard wired to be sneaky at the moment too

- Level design. Do we see more variation like some outdoor areas, or is it always some kinda of bleak looking factory/ space station type thing? Doesn't really bother me either way, but still curious. And are the maps randomised each time?

- I understand that there's been quite the evolution of the game in the last couple of years.Does anyone one have a good link of everything they've added and tweaked? I mean, I've heard about 'melee 2.0' and 'parkour 2.0' and such but it would be interesting to see exactly how they changed and improved it. Sometimes to properly appreciate what we have now, we need to look back at when things weren't so good. I'm applying that line of thought to Warframe too :)

- Any other sagely advice for starting out?

There's bound to be more but they're the main ones for now and this post is already way too long

Also, can i score an invite to the Guild or whatever it's called? PSN is same as here. I'm mostly soloing while still trying to figure things out so as to not bring others down, but the capacity for crazy co-op shenanigans seem quite high and definitely something I'll be up for. That is, if anyone feels like carrying a total noob

bLaiSe

1) There are weapon blueprints that drop from assassins and frame parts from eximus and manic enemies. You should get a carrier sentinel as soon as you can so you won't miss any drops.

2) Cosmetics are platinum only or can be bought from the Void trader every once in a while. Platinum isn't purchase only though. You can trade with other players for it. A good trader can go completely F2P and still have hundreds of dollars worth of platinum and every platinum only item.

3) Powers unlock as you level up your frame. When you reach level 10 you should have all 4 unlocked. Every power has 3 levels. There's a bar that shows how much you need for the next level.

4) Stealth is pretty much impossible if you aren't playing as either Ash or Loki, because only they have the invisibility abilities.

5) Don't worry, there are many tilesets. Just progress through the starmap and you'll see some beautiful vistas.

6) Can't help you with that but the game is always evolving and that's what I love about it the most.

Some advice:
- Don't buy things you don't really need with your starter plat, like cosmetics. Buy 4 weapon slots for 24p and a frame slot for 20p.
- Download the alert app on your phone. Sometimes there are catalyst and reactor alerts which double your mod points for weapons/frames and other good rewards. I'm guessing you're new so you'll need to ask for a "taxi" to some alerts because you don't have the planet/node unlocked. That's why you should progress on the starmap.
-Read the wiki a LOT. There are many things which are not explained or left to the community to figure out like: what affects a frame power, what drops where, etc.
- Every 2 weeks on Fridays there's a devstream on twitch and at the end they put up a 24h catalyst or reactor alert. Next one is this Friday. If you're interested in the game's development and what's to come then tune in. Oh and they do 3 or more giveaways for 1000 platinum among the viewers.
- Support the devs if you enjoy the game. :)

I'll send you a clan invite when I get home.

Amon37

Just need one....more....kama blade.

Gonna try and score one more trinity systems in hopes to be able make some Plat off of a set while she is still hot.

Cracklox

1) There are weapon blueprints that drop from assassins and frame parts from eximus and manic enemies. You should get a carrier sentinel as soon as you can so you won't miss any drops.

2) Cosmetics are platinum only or can be bought from the Void trader every once in a while. Platinum isn't purchase only though. You can trade with other players for it. A good trader can go completely F2P and still have hundreds of dollars worth of platinum and every platinum only item.

3) Powers unlock as you level up your frame. When you reach level 10 you should have all 4 unlocked. Every power has 3 levels. There's a bar that shows how much you need for the next level.

4) Stealth is pretty much impossible if you aren't playing as either Ash or Loki, because only they have the invisibility abilities.

5) Don't worry, there are many tilesets. Just progress through the starmap and you'll see some beautiful vistas.

6) Can't help you with that but the game is always evolving and that's what I love about it the most.

Some advice:
- Don't buy things you don't really need with your starter plat, like cosmetics. Buy 4 weapon slots for 24p and a frame slot for 20p.
- Download the alert app on your phone. Sometimes there are catalyst and reactor alerts which double your mod points for weapons/frames and other good rewards. I'm guessing you're new so you'll need to ask for a "taxi" to some alerts because you don't have the planet/node unlocked. That's why you should progress on the starmap.
-Read the wiki a LOT. There are many things which are not explained or left to the community to figure out like: what affects a frame power, what drops where, etc.
- Every 2 weeks on Fridays there's a devstream on twitch and at the end they put up a 24h catalyst or reactor alert. Next one is this Friday. If you're interested in the game's development and what's to come then tune in. Oh and they do 3 or more giveaways for 1000 platinum among the viewers.
- Support the devs if you enjoy the game. :)

I'll send you a clan invite when I get home.

Thanks for the help. That makes a few things clear. It does seem strange you would need a wiki to know where to get mats. You would think the game would give you some sort of indication, as farming for those sorts things is a big part of loot games. I've got a couple of blue prints I can't build yet because I don't have the stuff. Was refraining from checking a wiki, but off I go I guess. That's modern gaming for you....

Oh one thing I'm still not clear on is the suit powers. I got my dude to about level 15 last night, and I did see notifications I'd unlocked powers (though it was in the middle of some chaos, so I didn't register it properly). I know where to go to view the powers and what they do, but outside of the 1st one I don't know how to use them. Is it a choose one per loadout, per mission thing, or should I be able to cycle through and use any at any time, provided I have the energy? I feel kinda stupid about this actually.

Thanks for invite too. I should mention I live in Australia, where its the future all the time (20 past 1 in the PM at the moment). That's really awesome but doesn't always work best for jolly co-op during the week with the other side of the world. Weekends work pretty well though.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
If you scan enemies, either manually or with helios sentinel, it will eventually tell you what mods they drop but yeah besides that wiki is your friend.

Suit powers are used by swiping in the cardinal direction on the touch pad. North is power 1 south is 2, west is 3 and 4 is east, I think.

bLaiSe

Thanks for the help. That makes a few things clear. It does seem strange you would need a wiki to know where to get mats. You would think the game would give you some sort of indication, as farming for those sorts things is a big part of loot games. I've got a couple of blue prints I can't build yet because I don't have the stuff. Was refraining from checking a wiki, but off I go I guess. That's modern gaming for you....

Oh one thing I'm still not clear on is the suit powers. I got my dude to about level 15 last night, and I did see notifications I'd unlocked powers (though it was in the middle of some chaos, so I didn't register it properly). I know where to go to view the powers and what they do, but outside of the 1st one I don't know how to use them. Is it a choose one per loadout, per mission thing, or should I be able to cycle through and use any at any time, provided I have the energy? I feel kinda stupid about this actually.

Thanks for invite too. I should mention I live in Australia, where its the future all the time (20 past 1 in the PM at the moment). That's really awesome but doesn't always work best for jolly co-op during the week with the other side of the world. Weekends work pretty well though.
You can check where the materials drop on the right side when you select a planet. ;)

All powers have energy costs, which can be reduced by efficiency mods. I'm using a custom button layout so I don't have to press R1 to bring up the power menu. They are set to my Dpad. Some powers need targeting (I'm assuming you chose Mag because she has a "yank them out of cover" first ability that you mentioned in the first post) like Mag's Bullet Attractor so maybe that's why you couldn't use it.

Cracklox

Yeah this games pretty nuts. Lots of PUGs this evening equaled lots of fun. Surprisingly. I was carried pretty hard through a few as well but people didn't seem to mind. Think I'll support the game a bit when I can too. I could have a tonne of fun for free I'm pretty sure but the F2P model seems pretty good. There's more then a few shiny trinkets in the store that look nice, plus I'm sure I'll want more weapon and frame slots soon as well. Plus I still cant really believe something of this quality is free to play, so if nothing else the devs have earned it.

Two more questions (for now)

- Stances. I'm certain I've found a few but when I go to equip them they're not showing. Does that mean only certain stances can be used with certain weapons? I still only have the wacking staff at the moment

- My suit. Is it me is or is it looking incrementally cooler as I level it? Cos I love that kinda shit.

You can check where the materials drop on the right side when you select a planet. ;)

All powers have energy costs, which can be reduced by efficiency mods. I'm using a custom button layout so I don't have to press R1 to bring up the power menu. They are set to my Dpad. Some powers need targeting (I'm assuming you chose Mag because she has a "yank them out of cover" first ability that you mentioned in the first post) like Mag's Bullet Attractor so maybe that's why you couldn't use it.

Yeah, cheers figured it out. Was tapping R1. Didn't realise holding it brings up the radial for the other powers. Still trying to figure out the bullet tracking single target one though. Most stuff dies pretty quick so far. And i kinda like the idea of mapping them to the d-pad as well.

Raptor

Hello lol, can I get an invite to the clan? xRaptor_1

I played some 3 hours yesterday with some randoms and was fun as hell, this is like Diablo 3 it seems.

Loved the game though, awesome gore, awesoem gunplay, awesome melee, awesome traversal and movement whats not to like.

But I feel like this:

55734232.jpg

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
- Stances. I'm certain I've found a few but when I go to equip them they're not showing. Does that mean only certain stances can be used with certain weapons? I still only have the wacking staff at the moment

- My suit. Is it me is or is it looking incrementally cooler as I level it? Cos I love that kinda shit.

Yeah Stances are weapon specific it should say at the bottom of the mod card which weapon they're for, like Iron Phoenix should say swords on it somewhere.

And unfortunately not lol, that's just you :p
Nothing changes with your suit visually as you rank it up.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I played some 3 hours yesterday with some randoms and was fun as hell, this is like Diablo 3 it seems.

Loved the game though, awesome gore, awesoem gunplay, awesome melee, awesome traversal and movement whats not to like.

But I feel like this:

55734232.jpg

I am going through the tutorials again as they help enormously and the game has changed so much that I felt like I had no idea what to do anymore.

Yeah this games pretty nuts. Lots of PUGs this evening equaled lots of fun. Surprisingly. I was carried pretty hard through a few as well but people didn't seem to mind. Think I'll support the game a bit when I can too. I could have a tonne of fun for free I'm pretty sure but the F2P model seems pretty good. There's more then a few shiny trinkets in the store that look nice, plus I'm sure I'll want more weapon and frame slots soon as well. Plus I still cant really believe something of this quality is free to play, so if nothing else the devs have earned it.

Two more questions (for now)

-Stances are weapons specific, look at the lower section of the card, it will show you what type of weapon it affects, there are two mods for weapon, common and rare and actually boots your weapon capacity like the auras to frames

-Warframe design is kinda excesive and exorbitant but the more you play the more it makes sense in the design of the game, you better looks at the warframe primes so mindblowing design

frizby

But I feel like this:

55734232.jpg

LOL.

Will invite in a minute if somebody else hasn't already.

HooYaH

Can I get a reinvite back to the clan? Just started WF again.

PSN: HooYaH

EDIT: Can you resend that invite, I think I pressed decline.

Raptor

Any Frame is good right?

Whats a good Melee with some gunplay thrown there too?

Trinity? Mesa? god damn I dont know maybe I will read a lot.

Cracklox

Another question if I may. In the survival defense missions are rewards affected if you extract or not? I gather there's a whole risk/reward thing with how far you push. I did one with 3 other guys last night and we made it to wave 15 or 16 or something and were given the option to extract or fight on a few times. We fought on but ended up wiping and 'failing' the mission. I can only assume rewards would have been better had we made it out.

Yeah Stances are weapon specific it should say at the bottom of the mod card which weapon they're for, like Iron Phoenix should say swords on it somewhere.

Hmmm I thought as much, however I don't seem to be able to find the cards anywhere in my inventory to even see that. I'm certain I've picked up a few in the heat of battle, but I didn't get a chance to have a good look at them and now I cant find them. I'm sure I'm missing something. I'll take another look about when I get home.

Heck, it took me 20 mins last night to find where I purchase extra frame and weapon slots. I'd seen the screen before but couldn't for the life of me remember where it was. Anyway that ones done at least.

And unfortunately not lol, that's just you :p
Nothing changes with your suit visually as you rank it up

Wait, are you telling me my eyes are deceiving me. D'oh. I wonder if there's any correlation between amount of beer consumed and how cool things look in game then :/ That may explain it

frizby

Any Frame is good right?

Whats a good Melee with some gunplay thrown there too?

Trinity? Mesa? god damn I dont know maybe I will read a lot.

All frames are good. Some are better than others. The canned answer for starter frames is Rhino Prime, and that's what I'd suggest farming up...especially since he'll be the next prime to go to the vault (taken out of the game for some undisclosed time). He's plenty tanky and has pretty great crowd control, so he should fit the bill for melee and gunplay. You also don't need a ton of exotic mods to make him work.

Ultimately, you'll find that some subset of frames suit your playstyle better than others.

frizby

Just a quick clan update:

At the macro level, we're doing pretty well. We're hovering right at 100 members, and the people who I'm having to kick to get new people invited are in the range of 50 days offline. That's down about 30-40 days from the previous few months.

The PSN community is doing well too with about half of the clan signed up, and it seems to be serving its purpose...to give both Gaffers and non-Gaffers a persistent means of communication. It's basically something between this thread and the in-game clan chat.

Finally, the dojo has undergone a pretty serious remodeling. Structurally, everything ended up back where it started, but there are some new rooms by the labs that I feel pretty good about, and I was glad to be able to use some of those new colors we've researched. I also made an effort in the main hall to build some interesting stuff to jump around on with Parkour 2.0 while still keeping the basic design tenets and integrating some stuff from prior warlords. So there are a couple of new floating zen gardens, and the Buddha is far enough away from the turtle to make that jump interesting while you wait for trades (you know you do it). I also tried to paint the main hall in colors that matched or complimented the GAF logo. I haven't heard anything negative, so I'll assume that folks either liked it, didn't mind or didn't notice.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Another question if I may. In the survival defense missions are rewards affected if you extract or not? I gather there's a whole risk/reward thing with how far you push. I did one with 3 other guys last night and we made it to wave 15 or 16 or something and were given the option to extract or fight on a few times. We fought on but ended up wiping and 'failing' the mission. I can only assume rewards would have been better had we made it out.

Basically you go until you cant go no more then you extract it's endless, and if you wipe you get 0 rewards except some small amount of credits, if you extract you get to keep everything. The option to extract becomes available after 5 minutes / 5 waves when you are given your first bonus reward.

You get bonus rewards from an individual reward table (Reward A, B, C or D) every 5 minutes / 5 waves on four unique reward tables, meaning if you stay for 20min / 20 waves you'll get all the possible rewards. This also means if you want a second chance at reward C you'll have to stay till 35 minutes.

If you start dying you're better off just extracting every time.

Cracklox

Basically you go until you cant go no more then you extract it's endless, and if you wipe you get 0 rewards except some small amount of credits, if you extract you get to keep everything. The option to extract becomes available after 5 minutes / 5 waves when you are given your first bonus reward.

You get bonus rewards from an individual reward table (Reward A, B, C or D) every 5 minutes / 5 waves on four unique reward tables, meaning if you stay for 20min / 20 waves you'll get all the possible rewards. This also means if you want a second chance at reward C you'll have to stay till 35 minutes.

Well snap!

That may explain why I can't find the stance mods I was sure I'd found. I did wonder that, but I thought surely it will let me keep what I'd looted during the mission. Duly noted.

Assuming the countdown metres tick while your not playing I should have my dojo key when I get home too. Kinda looking forward to checking it out. Did I read something about a turtle that you can practice combos on or something? Any other dojo etiquette I need to know?

Also another dumb question. There are player hubs right? Relays or some such. How do I get to one of those. I've just been hanging out in my ship, and annoying AI computer thing is annoying

frizby

Mostly correct except that there's no rotation D. The cycle is A A B C, so that second shot at a C drop is at 40 not 35.

Raptor

WIll do that Friz but my goal is to get that dragon warframe Chroma I think jeez is badass as fuck.

I put to work a dojo key and told me thatin 12 hours will be done.

frizby

I don't like the colors, but the new decorations/rooms look nice. :)

Thanks.

The colors in general, or just the main hall? I'm not crazy about the orange either, but multiple people have suggested trying to match the clan logo, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Wowbagger

Mostly correct except that there's no rotation D. The cycle is A A B C, so that second shot at a C drop is at 40 not 35.

Worth noting that when doing non-void survivals, the rotation C awards are rarely (ever?) anything special and players generally want to extract after 15 or 35, with rotation B always rewarding a void key.

I kinda like the new main hall colours.

Amon37

After last night I have 50 burston prime barrels since I started farming kama blades. I didn't count lex prime barrels, forma bp's, and ackbronco prime links.

I have 1 kama blade. I'm about to just buy one.

Just a quick clan update:

At the macro level, we're doing pretty well. We're hovering right at 100 members, and the people who I'm having to kick to get new people invited are in the range of 50 days offline. That's down about 30-40 days from the previous few months.

The PSN community is doing well too with about half of the clan signed up, and it seems to be serving its purpose...to give both Gaffers and non-Gaffers a persistent means of communication. It's basically something between this thread and the in-game clan chat.

Finally, the dojo has undergone a pretty serious remodeling. Structurally, everything ended up back where it started, but there are some new rooms by the labs that I feel pretty good about, and I was glad to be able to use some of those new colors we've researched. I also made an effort in the main hall to build some interesting stuff to jump around on with Parkour 2.0 while still keeping the basic design tenets and integrating some stuff from prior warlords. So there are a couple of new floating zen gardens, and the Buddha is far enough away from the turtle to make that jump interesting while you wait for trades (you know you do it). I also tried to paint the main hall in colors that matched or complimented the GAF logo. I haven't heard anything negative, so I'll assume that folks either liked it, didn't mind or didn't notice.

I actually was searching for the turtle, I am glad is still in the clan on the pond room, just sitting there, relaxing

frizby

I actually was searching for the turtle, I am glad is still in the clan on the pond room, just sitting there, relaxing

There are turtles in 6 different places now:

1 in the main hall at the top of the steps, where he always was
1 in the barracks upstairs
1 in each of the 2 rooms where the labs branch off
1 in front of the obstacle course
1 on either the left or right wing depending on which way you're facing

He's kind of everywhere...like a mascot!

bLaiSe

Thanks.

The colors in general, or just the main hall? I'm not crazy about the orange either, but multiple people have suggested trying to match the clan logo, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
In general. I like darker colors. I think we should go with something that looks pleasing to the eye instead of matching the logo.

Top Bottom