• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

Ya kinda ember too. Frost Prime seems to have least advantage over the vanilla version.

Yeah, it's not like Frost Prime has the biggest shield in the game. -_-

Would liked to have seen a speed buff for him like Rhino got, but Armored Agility is essentially custom made for Frost, so it works out.

Cracklox

Arrghh. MR5 test is a pain. Failed twice now. I AM NOT a hacking space ninja! I even used the intruder mod second time around but still managed to bork it. The way I'm going I'll have rank 6 ready to go once I complete 5 too.

Also is it wrong that I think the the Archwing is kinda
cool

manfestival

so I decided to hop on today and it may have just rekindled my love for the game. all the small touches they did since I last played the game really made the UI easier for me to deal with. Maybe I can beg frizby for an invite for old times sake

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Arrghh. MR5 test is a pain. Failed twice now. I AM NOT a hacking space ninja! I even used the intruder mod second time around but still managed to bork it. The way I'm going I'll have rank 6 ready to go once I complete 5 too.

cool

I like it, it just needs to be expanded upon, more missions types and stuff.

Also, you can practice the MR tests on the Relays.

Cracklox

I like it, it just needs to be expanded upon, more missions types and stuff.

Also, you can practice the MR tests on the Relays.

Ya, I'm not really ready for all the Archwing missions on Uranus yet, so I'm limited to a couple of exterminates and a sabotage. Its still pretty fun even without much variety, and a nice distraction. Also, considering that part of the game is more or less 'free' (I understand archwing stuff doesn't take up any slots) its pretty impressive.

And yeah, sorta realised about practising for MRs. I think I'll do that from here. The 1st four were cake, and then the hacking one through me. After failing the 1st time I thought it was more a less a case of the git guds.

Then I stuffed it again. Attempt 3 in a few hours

- edit - Just did it!!!!! And lol, 106 points away from MR6

frizby

cool

Archwing is very cool. It's about as intuitive as any space combat I've ever played, and it's the space mech game I've always wanted. But it does need to be expanded on a bit.

so I decided to hop on today and it may have just rekindled my love for the game. all the small touches they did since I last played the game really made the UI easier for me to deal with. Maybe I can beg frizby for an invite for old times sake

Didn't I have this discussion a month or two ago? Will invite in a few minutes.

Edit: Ummm...you're already in the clan.

Error

Just read that Jordas Precept update is going live tomorrow :squeals

My Valkyr is fucking ready, toggle hysteria and berseker now procs on it. :drools

Wowbagger

Speaking of archwing, new modes and tweaks in tomorrow's update (from 17.5 changelog):

• New Game Modes
    Archwing Mobile Defense: Defend crashed satellites against waves of enemies in order to secure vital information.
    Archwing Defense: Defend two objectives from enemies as they attack from all sides within the heart of a damaged Corpus ship.​
  • Archwing Missions have been adjusted on planetary nodes to better reflect the level range and difficulty of each Planet.
  • Archwing Mobile Defense has been added to the following planetary nodes:
    Grineer on Earth, Erpo
    Corpus on Mars, Syrtis​
  • Archwing Interception Missions have been given a slight redesign, grouping points closer together with increased debris to fight around.
  • Enemies will now be marked as targets on the main HUD, and targets out of LOS will display the direction of their approach along the edge of the screen.
  • Afterburner: Pressing the ‘jump’ button while boosting will cause the Archwing afterburners to kick in, giving players a significant speed increase.
  • Players can now rebind up / down movement keys for Archwing gameplay.
  • Made various improvements to audio FX while in Archwing Missions.
  • Asteroids can now drop resources and loot upon being destroyed.
  • Players can now find loot crates in Archwing Missions.
  • Archwings now passively regenerate Energy.
  • Affinity sharing with Squad members while in Archwing has been increased.

Amon37

Is atlus or whatever he's called in this update? I hope he's not a horrible grind like chroma was.

It depends how you look at it. I think equinox was worse than chroma but atlas is an archwing grind.

Also I wonder if that passive energy regeneration stacks with energy siphon?

Cracklox

Oh man. Those archwing changes and additions sounds nice. Passive energy regen. Yes please

Just read that Jordas Precept update is going live tomorrow :squeals

My Valkyr is fucking ready, toggle hysteria and berseker now procs on it. :drools

Oh is that right. Is there a timeframe? At work, and have pretty limited internet access so can't find much. These things generally always happen in primetime for me too. Usually 7pm till 11 or 12 or watever. Bloody eye-roll

I have Valkyr built, potatoed and ready to go. Was just waiting to build Venka for proper roleplaying purposes before I started. Those will be finished when I get home today, then it shall be on

*lets out hysterical scream*

frizby

Update is live!
Atlas and Tekko here I come! :)))))

Yup downloading now.

An odd thing that I thought folks would want to know: Raptor is dropping Neural Sensors now...reliably.

And the clan Chesa imprints are no more. I believe that Blaise and Quantum got theirs back, and the last set (TheReaper's) were traded away for reasons that had better be good.

-_-

bLaiSe

Yup downloading now.

An odd thing that I thought folks would want to know: Raptor is dropping Neural Sensors now...reliably.

And the clan Chesa imprints are no more. I believe that Blaise and Quantum got theirs back, and the last set (TheReaper's) were traded away for reasons that had better be good.

-_-
Hey... Plat is a good reason. :) My friend wanted them back and it seemed like bejeaux wasn't handing them over to anyone else anyway. No worries tho, they fixed the Chesa incubating bug in this update (not sure, might be 17.8) and we'll probably get an imprint alert like PC did.

frizby

Hey... Plat is a good reason. :) My friend wanted them back and it seemed like bejeaux wasn't handing them over to anyone else anyway. No worries tho, they fixed the Chesa incubating bug in this update (not sure, might be 17.8) and we'll probably get an imprint alert like PC did.

Didn't mean yours. Reapers set were borrowed...and then sold.

Clan research fully funded. Other than polymer bundles, wasn't too bad.

Error

Good lord Valkyr now is amazing (even more than before)

Being able to toggle Hysteria is something that needs to be experienced, specially with Berserker and Eternal War mods installed. She just wrecks.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So for the mantis ship its parts are only in those rare 1% containers right? Oh and where is this new valkyr skin?

Won't have much time till this weekend to play but not feeling this update so far. I'll try to squeeze darvo's mission in and pray for brakk parts but god damn grinding juggernauts then the void for argon crystals is shit tier grind. I see they upped the price for syandatas too :/

frizby

Atlas took a while to farm, so be prepared. For me, it was 9 Chassis, 2 Systems, 1 Helmet. But he's cooking.

There's a bit of research in the dojo that I couldn't start. Not sure if it's a bug or what. It's the glaive looking weapon in the infested lab. Will keep trying to start it.

So for the mantis ship its parts are only in those rare 1% containers right? Oh and where is this new valkyr skin?
Based on the wiki, I think the way the Mantis works is that EACH of its parts can drop from one of the factions' normal containers, or ANY of its parts can drop from any rare container. I plan to just run the raids as normal and maybe break a few extra normal containers and see what happens. No rush.

VariantX

Anyone know if DE fixed the synthesis target bug yet? I and a few others before me posted about this bug in their bug forums a few months ago because I can't make any progress on getting more simaris rep. They keep adding rewards to him on occasion while I'm still unable to hunt targets at all.

bLaiSe

Anyone know if DE fixed the synthesis target bug yet? I and a few others before me posted about this bug in their bug forums a few months ago because I can't make any progress on getting more simaris rep. They keep adding rewards to him on occasion while I'm still unable to hunt targets at all.
Yeah that was an annoying bug when I farmed transmutation cores to get Gaia's Tragedy. The fix I found for it was to use a revive. Don't know if they fixed it though.

Cracklox

Yeesh. Since the update, so far I've logged on for a grand total of 2 minutes, because of an outage with my ISP. Missed my 1st login day yesterday as well. I may not even be able to get on today either as they're saying tomorrow as the timeframe it'll be fixed by. I have all the Nova bits built too, and I want to throw her in the oven but cant :(

What does this mean with the login rewards? I understand there are different tiers of rewards based on consecutive login days, so I guess that means I go back to getting shitty things like credits and the like. Though, TBH i'm not sure I ever noticed an increase in quality anyway so watevs.

Still, just wanna play though

manfestival

glad to be back in the swing of things again. just did my first archwing mission earlier. I really freaking enjoyed it. DE have really made strides with this game. now to figure out what weapons to buy and what frame to farm lol

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Login bonus doesn't mean much now. It's either credits or a lil bit of affinity or a blueprint. Technically reactors/catalysts though I've never got one. They're supposedly upgrading them around(with?) update 18 so they give better stuff and go past 7 days in terms of tiers but who knows what that'll end up being.

frizby

FWIW, the targets are about the least efficient way to get simaris rep.

Instead, take Loki to a random exterminate or deception and get stealth scans. If you can maintain stealth, you can get all of your daily rep in one run. Or if you want to be even more efficient, do it in whichever syndicate mission works.

manfestival

so since they released the soma prime, is it now the best gun in the game or does that belong to the boltor still? or is there something even greater than both?!

Amon37

6 runs to get all 3 parts. Put a catalyst on the grattler and easy mode. Will farm argon on saturday so I can finish the quest and get the BP.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Login bonus doesn't mean much now. It's either credits or a lil bit of affinity or a blueprint. Technically reactors/catalysts though I've never got one. They're supposedly upgrading them around(with?) update 18 so they give better stuff and go past 7 days in terms of tiers but who knows what that'll end up being.

The biggest issues with it is that it's killed by leaving the game in rest mode. It's a little frustrating to have to close the game and reopen just to get the bonus.

Error

so since they released the soma prime, is it now the best gun in the game or does that belong to the boltor still? or is there something even greater than both?!

I don't feel like the game has a definitive 'best weapon in the game', I mean obviously there are some that are clearly better than other (mainly the prime versions over the normal versions) but it's hard to say there's a definitive best primary or best secondary with the way the game is designed you can make a lot of weapons very OP.

It comes down to what weapons you are most comfortable with and you like best, the thing is some weapons requires more modding than others, but I like how you can stick with a weapon you like a lot and still be viable for endgame stuff.

frizby

I don't feel like the game has a definitive 'best weapon in the game', I mean obviously there are some that are clearly better than other (mainly the prime versions over the normal versions) but it's hard to say there's a definitive best primary or best secondary with the way the game is designed you can make a lot of weapons very OP.

It comes down to what weapons you are most comfortable with and you like best, the thing is some weapons requires more modding than others, but I like how you can stick with a weapon you like a lot and still be viable for endgame stuff.

Soma Prime is a damn solid gun, and if you want a traditional gun, it's probably the most versatile one in that crits aren't overly dependent on which damage type a particular enemy is weak to.

But my opinion at this point is that the syndicate weapons are the best guns in the game. You just can't beat those health and energy procs and massive AOE damage.

Oh, and Chesa imprints are back. :)

Amon37

Soma Prime is a damn solid gun, and if you want a traditional gun, it's probably the most versatile one in that crits aren't overly dependent on which damage type a particular enemy is weak to.

But my opinion at this point is that the syndicate weapons are the best guns in the game. You just can't beat those health and energy procs and massive AOE damage.

Oh, and Chesa imprints are back. :)

I love my soma prime and Bolton and amprex. But frizby is right. I still don't have a Tigris but I can't live without my syndicate Hek, Simulor, and Penta.

Error

The TA was disappointing, and the rewards underwhelming. Was expecting at least a weapon or something.

bLaiSe

The TA was disappointing, and the rewards underwhelming. Was expecting at least a weapon or something.
Yeah. Someone started a rumor that some event mods drop, but it was fake. It dropped Affinity Amp which is an unreleased mod but that was hotfixed. Anyone who got it will have it removed from their inventory and replaced with a legendary fusion core.

manfestival

is the market good for selling arcanes? i have a bunch from before I stopped playing and i feel no attachment to them except for maybe my rhino vanguard but I might just sell it if the price is right

bLaiSe

is the market good for selling arcanes? i have a bunch from before I stopped playing and i feel no attachment to them except for maybe my rhino vanguard but I might just sell it if the price is right
They are not in high demand, but you might get lucky with a good deal on some of them.

bLaiSe

In game market coupons are now available as login rewards. I assume you can buy stuff with traded plat so IMHO this is even better. I'll stock up on 5p potatoes when I get a 75% coupon. :)

frizby

In game market coupons are now available as login rewards. I assume you can buy stuff with traded plat so IMHO this is even better. I'll stock up on 5p potatoes when I get a 75% coupon. :)

Sounds pretty good. No use for potatoes, but I could see getting some cosmetics I've been holding off on.

Cracklox

Lots of Warframe over the weekend. Most of that levelling Nyx and Banshee with some Archwing thrown in.

They were both fun, though I'd probably lean towards Banshee slightly. Trying to keep sonar and silence up for as long as possible offers pretty awesome support, particularly in defence type missions. I also like the fact that you don't see many around, and from all reports, is the least played frame in the game. I tend to lean towards the less popular classes in these types of games anyway.

My main issue with her is the whole look. Just can't really get into it. Some looks I love straight away, others grow on you (Nyx did that for me), but Banshee is just kinda meh. I gave her a wacky coloring combo that helped a little but I think its just the whole design.

In other news I have Nova built and Rhino Prime not far behind but no slots for now. I had little interest in Rhino, but after finding 2 prime pieces and being offered the other 2 from another guildy, I guess I'll have to do it. It'll likely be a case of hit 30 and then shelve with him though.

I'm also getting a little over playing survival with people who clearly don't play well with others. Just run around doing shit on their own and making no effort at all to work as a team or even sticking within a reasonable proximity. I watched 1 guy (who earlier had let me die. Wasn't even that far away from him) run up and down the same corridor for about 15 minutes spamming 1 melee attack. I wanted the resources I had collected, so I watched and waited, thinking surely he'll extract soon. I gave up eventually, mostly to do with the fact he was just fucking boring to watch play. I mean, you have all these mechanics at your finger tips ffs

TL;DR
- Banshee>Nyx (just)
- Banshee looks wack
- Will be playing Rhino (Prime) a lot sooner then I thought I would
- Idiots who are playing a co-op game using as little cooperation as possible, get my goat up

bLaiSe

Sounds pretty good. No use for potatoes, but I could see getting some cosmetics I've been holding off on.
Yeah, thinking about it, I have no use for potatoes either. Exilus adapters and Forma though! I'll gift stuff to friends and clan members as well once I get a 75% discount.

Amon37

Same here. I need catalysts really. I'm running low on Plat after my last deal fell through.

Edit: I'm glad I didn't farm for onorix blades before the update. Only took 5 runs of the new mission to get both.

frizby

So I have all of the new stuff except for the ship, and I just can't try to farm that goddam thing anymore. I figure over time, it will just happen as I stumble across occasional chests.

I finally got a rare orokin chest and no BP. FML.

frizby

We go from dex furis and dex dakra to a color picker an emblem and a crappy sydana? Not all impressed with anniversary gifts.

https://warframe.com/news/warframe-celebrates-two-years-playstation-4

Can't forget the noggle, lol

Or you could look at it this way.

Over the past week, you've gotten enough colors for free that you'll probably never have to buy a single color palette. Combine the Halloween palette below with the blacks, whites and blues in the PS4 pack, and you're in pretty good shape.

For new players, that's pretty awesome IMO.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Or you could look at it this way.

Over the past week, you've gotten enough colors for free that you'll probably never have to buy a single color palette. Combine the Halloween palette below with the blacks, whites and blues in the PS4 pack, and you're in pretty good shape.

For new players, that's pretty awesome IMO.

Wait how do you get the Haloween one? I saw the mask only.

Top Bottom