• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

I had just got my Sancti mostly setup and you're telling me there'e something better now?! aw man, now I need those mods too.

Useful in different ways. We aren't really constantly having level 100+ enemies hound us. Frizby kohm build is something fun that will get really far in almost any mission.

Sometimes it's best not to let math get in the way of fun lol

I had just got my Sancti mostly setup and you're telling me there'e something better now?! aw man, now I need those mods too.

The Sancti and Prime are both very good guns. If your Sancti is shredding everything in your way and you're having a good time with it, keep it as it is.

All the stuff about the Prime is partial theorycrafting for enemy levels you will probably not normally encounter. Even sorties don't do 145 level enemies.

frizby

I just wanted to thank those of you who chipped in to give joh8644 (John) a gift. It's a small thing, but it lifted his spirits. You guys are good eggs.

I'm wondering if this is just a soft launch of the prime.

Conveniently it doesn't require a special set of components like the Akstiletto Prime, so veterans might have enough lex parts laying around that they would only have to hunt for the link.

The stats make this more of a side grade to the Lex with less accuracy and longer reload for double magazine and higher fire rate. Also this has a neutral Riven disposition vs the Lex's faint.

This raises a lot of questions. If Baro is the only way to get the AkLex prime, it's a bad sign. If this is like a prerelease, then I don't have such a huge problem.

VandalD

You have to get the link and the AkLex BP from the same relic too. It took me 4 relics in public rad groups, but that could be a huge ducat/credit sink for the poor unlucky folks. Probably not what people wanted as a new Baro weapon. Recruit chat is, understandably, overflowing with H or LF Axi A2 rad.

Was just thinking, as bad as it is to find groups with old relics, this is going to be an absolute pain in the ass if you don't grind it out immediately when it comes out.

VariantX

Glad I enough foresight to save up on aklex parts and not convert them into blueprints. Seriously though, I don't know how I feel about this. Perhaps if they were doing this from the beginning...

Dunlop

Not at all, ive been turning them into ducats for months. The systems is the hardest part to get

sorry my mistake, ash prime system is what I need

I guess you answered my question lol

I need advice then:

I find myself stuck at home this weekend with time to burn, my Warframes are all pretty old

30 - Oberon
30 - Trinity
25 - Nyx
5 - Mag (just made him lol)

I want to focus on a single frame that would eventually be viable in endgame content, I prefer support type and and open to picking up a new Warframe from the market but don't know which would be viable. Or is endgame always the prime versions?

thx

VandalD

30 - Oberon
30 - Trinity
25 - Nyx

I want to focus on a single frame that would eventually be viable in endgame content, I prefer support type and and open to picking up a new Warframe from the market but don't know which would be viable. Or is endgame always the prime versions?
Both Trinity and Nyx are great for support styles. Trinity can heal your group and give them infinite energy. She can also be really tanky. Nyx can make any mission easier, if slower to complete, since everyone will be busy attacking each other. I've soloed a lot of sortie mobile defenses and interceptions barely having to kill anything myself by just using Nyx's Chaos. She also has good augments, like Assimilate, which pretty much makes her invincible, though very slow.

Oberon and Mag are both just okay. They both have some CC, but nothing impressive. Oberon can heal, but it's absolutely no match for Trinity's healing.

And if you do go for Nyx (regular is fine, don't need Prime), then here's a build to work toward.

I need advice then:

I find myself stuck at home this weekend with time to burn, my Warframes are all pretty old

30 - Oberon
30 - Trinity
25 - Nyx

thx

Trinity is hands down the best support frame in the game. Energy Vampire is probably the best ability because it effectively negates the loss of energy from other casts. Blessing, though nerfed pretty far from its old standard, is still amazing, and a good Link prevents you from dying.

Nyx is also an excellent choice for support without healing. With her augment for Absorb, Assimilate, she gains the ability to just roll through any trouble that might come the way of her team. Combine that with an aggro-drawing melee and you become a miniature bubble of unstoppable safety. She also completely screws any large horde with Chaos, diving attention from Warframes and causing infighting that allows her team to pick off enemies safely.

Vauban is another option for non-healing support. He's the master of CC, with an ability that suspends enemies in the air, one that draws them in to a single point with no way to escape, and one that offers four different ways of screwing up an enemy's day. His 2 can be cycled through different modes, which include forced radiation (confusion), a trip wire that will stumble any enemy stepping on it, an armor-shredding grenade, and a bounce pad that launches anyone into the air.

If you want buffing from your support frame, Equinox is your girl. She has two different forms. In Day form, she enhances Power Strength and projects a highly damaging field of pure slash damage, which builds in intensity as things die. In Night form, she can put enemies to sleep, cast an AOE damage reduction field (which with an augment, also slows enemies down considerably), and provide healing support from damage done to enemies.

A lot of other frames have minor support abilities (Rhino's Roar is a raw damage buff for those in his area of effect) but those I would consider top picks.

frizby

30 - Oberon
30 - Trinity
25 - Nyx

I want to focus on a single frame that would eventually be viable in endgame content.

Warframe doesn't exactly work this way, as almost all of the frames are situational.

That said, of your list, only Nyx has any real crowd control, so that's the way I'd go. If you think you want to buy a frame, DON'T (DO NOT!!!) buy a vanilla one from the market. Rather, buy a set for a Prime in trading and build it. You'll pay less and end up a lot happier. The end game support frames that leap to mind for me are Loki Prime, Frost Prime and Nova Prime, and you can get them in trading for 200-300 platinum. If you want something a little cheaper, sets for Vauban Prime, Trinity Prime or Nekros Prime aren't vaulted and should be around 100p. All great.

Dunlop

Warframe doesn't exactly work this way, as almost all of the frames are situational.

I understand, I just meant atm I do not have tons of free time so I personally wanted to work on a single frame

Managed to get all of the Trinity Prime blueprints so I will try to assemble that once I get enough oxium. I'm locked out of the farm spots I see on youtube so I guess I need to work on unlocking all the planets lol

I've seen Trinity Prime as cheap as 40-60 platinum. I picked her entire set up for 45 platinum. So far it's probably my favorite frame because I enjoy playing support. The vampire leech mod is great when you build for it. I can keep my own shields at 2010.

VariantX

I need advice then:

30 - Oberon
30 - Trinity
25 - Nyx

thx

Trinity and Nyx are your best bets, but Nyx only goes so far as her big CC doesn't make enemies ignore you, rather they just don't differentiate between friend and foe and you'll still go down in one shot if something even grazes you at a certain point. I would also consider getting the assimilate augment as it aggros enemies and allows you to draw fire away from objectives while allowing you to move unlike the normal version of her #4

frizby

I feel like Trinity isn't super relevant these days. They nerfed Blessing pretty hard and there are more useful frames that give health (Nekros and Nidus being the standouts, I guess), and you get health from other sources as well now (Arcane Grace, Medi-Ray). Well of Life is kind of pointless when you have Blessing, and most everybody runs Zenurik, which negates the need for EV in everything but the Raids. So your left with a frame that's tanky, because of Link and Blessing, and that's about it.

VandalD

I feel like Trinity isn't super relevant these days. They nerfed Blessing pretty hard and there are more useful frames that give health (Nekros and Nidus being the standouts, I guess), and you get health from other sources as well now (Arcane Grace, Medi-Ray). Well of Life is kind of pointless when you have Blessing, and most everybody runs Zenurik, which negates the need for EV in everything but the Raids. So your left with a frame that's tanky, because of Link and Blessing, and that's about it.
Yeah, she's good for early to midgame players, or for arranged groups looking to take advantage of low efficiency max power strength builds for quick affinity. When you get to the point where you have Zenurik maxed out and throw a siphon on top of that, it feels like you can be a lot more actively helpful to a group by bringing something else. I'd rather support the group in other ways.

I don't think I'd be adding new frames if the older ones are being deemed irrelevant by the playerbase... but I guess old frames everybody has doesn't pull Platinum out of pockets.

I don't think I'd be adding new frames if the older ones are being deemed irrelevant by the playerbase... but I guess old frames everybody has doesn't pull Platinum out of pockets.

Do you mean DE putting out Warframes? The trouble is that they have to keep producing new stuff to keep players interested. It's why reworks take so long, but they have done some pretty good reworks on old frames that were once considered poor. Excalibur is the poster child of this.

Doesn't always work out (Saryn) but DE generally has these things coming down the pipe to try and make older frames better overall. Limbo is taking so long because he's a tricky thing to try and sort out, and frankly he's the one most deserving of a rework right now.

I hope Oberon gets looked at next. King of Fashionframe, pretty much the worst kit in the game.

Do you mean DE putting out Warframes? The trouble is that they have to keep producing new stuff to keep players interested. It's why reworks take so long, but they have done some pretty good reworks on old frames that were once considered poor. Excalibur is the poster child of this.

Doesn't always work out (Saryn) but DE generally has these things coming down the pipe to try and make older frames better overall. Limbo is taking so long because he's a tricky thing to try and sort out, and frankly he's the one most deserving of a rework right now.

I hope Oberon gets looked at next. King of Fashionframe, pretty much the worst kit in the game.

Yeah I mean them releasing new warframes. I'm new so I don't know half them still but they just added a new one when others are being called 'irrelevant'. I know why they need to release new ones though: it pulls Platinum out of the economy and keeps people in. Just annoying when you're new and the thing you've been investing time in is considered irrelevant.

As for Limbo... I just finished getting him to 30 and my god that was like torture. I've only leveled about 10 frames so far and he by far felt the most useless to me. I really liked Oberon as I leveled that one but was told he also didn't have much a place in groups. I've only really solo'd/duo'd my way so far so that hasn't been a huge deal but I suspect the end game requires you to participate in larger groups.

Which frame exactly is being called irrelevant? Limbo still has his uses, in sortie Defense, Rescue, and Kela Assassination he's absolutely invaluable to the team. Oberon... He's fine, he could be in a better place but he's not complete trash like Hydroid generally is.

Like here's the important thing to remember: Most of the community that produces content are old ass veterans. Brozime is doing a little better in showcasing things that are more relevant to new players but he's pretty much the only one I'm aware of doing so. If you're doing any content on the star chart outside of specialized farming groups, pretty much any Warframe is probably going to do ok.

As of the 10 I've leveled so far I have either been told or read that 4 of them are irrelevant, or 'extremely situational' at best. Those 4 were Mag, Limbo, Oberon, and now Trinity. I can't say how accurate that is as I haven't even touched 2/3rds the roster.

-----------------

edit: Quick question - am I able to bum a ride from another player to a relay I haven't unlocked? I don't have Eris yet and I think that's where Baro is.

VandalD

As of the 10 I've leveled so far I have either been told or read that 4 of them are irrelevant, or 'extremely situational' at best. Those 4 were Mag, Limbo, Oberon, and now Trinity. I can't say how accurate that is as I haven't even touched 2/3rds the roster.

-----------------

edit: Quick question - am I able to bum a ride from another player to a relay I haven't unlocked? I don't have Eris yet and I think that's where Baro is.
When you're hundreds of hours into the game and you have easier ways to regenerate energy, yes, Trinity starts to not feel as worthwhile unless you need her for Blessing's damage reduction. Don't let that set you off from playing her, or any other frame. There is no truly useless frame, but there is no doubt that frames are outclassed by other frames. You just happen to have a list of the bottom tier frames, and Trinity. Trinity is amazing support for the majority of the game, but you eventually get to the point where she doesn't feel needed.

I could say good things about Mag and Limbo too, but they are simply outclassed in my opinion. And Oberon's just in a bad place right now.

No, you can't be taxi'd to a relay, unless they've changed that recently. You have to at least have the MR required to access it.

Which frame exactly is being called irrelevant? Limbo still has his uses, in sortie Defense, Rescue, and Kela Assassination he's absolutely invaluable to the team. Oberon... He's fine, he could be in a better place but he's not complete trash like Hydroid generally is.

Like here's the important thing to remember: Most of the community that produces content are old ass veterans. Brozime is doing a little better in showcasing things that are more relevant to new players but he's pretty much the only one I'm aware of doing so. If you're doing any content on the star chart outside of specialized farming groups, pretty much any Warframe is probably going to do ok.
I'd say Hydroid is more useful than Oberon. Tentacle kills with the augment always drop more loot, as opposed to Nekros's desecrate only sometimes giving more loot. It's a very specific use, but Oberon doesn't have any one thing that he does well that I'm aware of, besides be the most annoying in defense missions where animals are present.

And I think any veteran Warframe player would agree with the bolded.

When you're hundreds of hours into the game and you easier ways to regenerate energy, yes, Trinity starts to not feel as worthwhile unless you need her for Blessing's damage reduction. Don't let that set you off from playing her, or any other frame. There is no truly useless frame, but there is no doubt that frames are outclassed by other frames. You just happen to have a list of the bottom tier frames, and Trinity. Trinity is amazing support for the majority of the game, but you eventually get to the point where she doesn't feel needed.

I could say good things about Mag and Limbo too, but they are simply outclassed in my opinion. And Oberon's just in a bad place right now.

No, you can't be taxi'd to a relay, unless they've changed that recently. You have to at least have the MR required to access it.

Mag just need a good status weapons and spam polarise for infinite damage and annoyance to your allies

I'm at work now otherwise I'd be working on getting to Eris. Was just hoping someone could answer so I know whether I need to scramble to get to Baro Ki'teer with the few hours I will have tomorrow, or if I can relax and bum a ride quickly.

VandalD

Polarize reduces enemy armor and shields, combined with Magnetize and a status weapon, you can one shot most of the enemies trapped on Magnetize.
I see. Yeah, that involves using Magnetize, which is an ability that ends up annoying me constantly, even though it is effective. You can make Mag work, but even though she's my starter from way back, and I want to like her, I'd rather bring any other frame that does damage.

Eh, I find Mag quite useful in defending objetives gametypes or survival, She suffers a lot on exterminate and sabotage.

Mag was and maybe is still my only reason I still play warframe.

More noobie questions...

Is there some sort of weapon tier list to help decide which ones are worth investing into? I have over 60 (and like 10 researched and ready to be claimed) and feel like I'm just throwing away platinum since I buy spaces and don't use the bulk of them. So far the ones I have invested reactors and/or forma into are...

Cernos Prime
Furis
Glaive Prime
Ignis
Latron Prime
Prisma Skana
Reaper Prime
Sancti Tigris
Secura Lecta
Sicarus Prime
Venka Prime

The other 50~ I just picked up as mastery fodder and didn't do much after maxing them out. I'd like to get rid of some if they're pointless so I can make room for better options.

More noobie questions...

Is there some sort of weapon tier list to help decide which ones are worth investing into? I have over 60 (and like 10 researched and ready to be claimed) and feel like I'm just throwing away platinum since I buy spaces and don't use the bulk of them. So far the ones I have invested reactors and/or forma into are...

Cernos Prime
Furis
Glaive Prime
Ignis
Latron Prime
Prisma Skana
Reaper Prime
Sancti Tigris
Secura Lecta
Sicarus Prime
Venka Prime

The other 50~ I just picked up as mastery fodder and didn't do much after maxing them out. I'd like to get rid of some if they're pointless so I can make room for better options.

you should just delete/sell the fodder stuff if you never really use them after maxed. I keep some of the fodder stuff because it's cool but for the most part they're all gone from my inventory. off the main list of yours, I feel Latron P, Venka P and Ignis are all worth it for the investment. the others really depends on your personal taste and play style. I think maybe list a few more of what you have and others can provide a better option on them.

If someone is bored enough this is a whole list of the weapons I have: http://pastebin.com/aiTQUuP6

The list in the last post is just those that have a catalyst and/or forma(s) installed. I plan to basically keep any primes, syndicate, or Baro Ki'Teer items. As well as those that are something unique like the Ingis.

The rest I dunno what's worth holding onto... It's mostly stuff with cheap blueprints I bought on the market (like 10-20k range) so I could get stuff to raise my MR quick.

If someone is bored enough this is a whole list of the weapons I have: http://pastebin.com/aiTQUuP6

Holy crap that's a lot of weapon slots. Save your plat, you should be able to work just fine with a little cleanout. http://pastebin.com/JrSKCuzE

Also add onto this list any of the weapons that are built into another weapon, like the Kraken. That will save you time and headache further down the line. Oh and the ones you want to hold on to. I forgot to add Sicarus Prime because it got buffed recently to a usable state.

I'd say Hydroid is more useful than Oberon. Tentacle kills with the augment always drop more loot, as opposed to Nekros's desecrate only sometimes giving more loot. It's a very specific use, but Oberon doesn't have any one thing that he does well that I'm aware of, besides be the most annoying in defense missions where animals are present.

I dislike Hydroid purely because his defenses suck so bad. At least Oberon has armor and really rapid healing he can do, Hydroid has to rely on being able to turn into a puddle quick enough to regen shields (and health with augment). But you're right about the loot aspect.

Holy crap that's a lot of weapon slots. Save your plat, you should be able to work just fine with a little cleanout. http://pastebin.com/JrSKCuzE

Also add onto this list any of the weapons that are built into another weapon, like the Kraken. That will save you time and headache further down the line. Oh and the ones you want to hold on to. I forgot to add Sicarus Prime because it got buffed recently to a usable state.

Oh yeah! Forgot to say I hold onto those that are used in other recipes too. If only to level those to 30 before tossing them. Thanks for the recommendations though. Definitely going to do some cleaning in a few days when I'm not working 12 hours a day. I bought a good chunk of platinum because I had $250 worth of PSN money built on my credit card and had nothing to spend it on because most my gaming is done on PC. So I ended up buying Valkyrie Prime Access, the Frost/Ember prime back when it was being offered, and the Playstation exclusive pack that included I think a week of affinity/credit booster.

Dunlop

had a rare day of no family and a running to a million events..and spend it grinding to get BP for Ash Prime and mats for Trinity Prime (seriously wtf is with the requirements to make this frame)

I feel dirty :p but it was a success

My noob question of the day is for mods, is the only way to get this from the bazaar, alerts or randomness?

I want to make a EV Trinity prime but am missing like half of the mods I need

Top Bottom