• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Is it normal for Scorches to absolutely annihilate your health? Like turning a corner and going from 2010 shield, 300 health, with 2/5 Quick Thinking to dying before even knowing what hits you?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
No they're currently bugged(along with the cat summoners but those gals aren't bugged as bad) to do way more damage then they should. Also their ignis shoots in a 360 degree arc rather than a cone in front of you and has massive range so you can be killed like 2 rooms over.

It took DE almost 2 years to fix the arid elite lancers when they did 3X+ damage so fingers crossed this one is faster lol

Fresh clan invite sent. Welcome back!

thanks frizby. making the dojo key right now and should be able to get in tomorrow night. also, I've been farming Hieracon Pluto to lvl up stuff so I have tons of relics from there right now. if anyone needs prime stuff from those relics, let me know. I can help with it or just give some away.

Dunlop

I gave it the ole college try, but I still have no idea what the hell I am supposed to be doing in this game lol.

I'm looking at the wiki, but cannot figure out what I should be doing right now

I wish the game would just let me reset, I have a lvl 30 Oberon and Trinity with a bunch of max leveled (no mastery) weapons.

Game looks fantastic and there seems to be so much stuff added since I played it year 1 on the PS4 but I wish it had better tutorials

VandalD

I gave it the ole college try, but I still have no idea what the hell I am supposed to be doing in this game lol.

I'm looking at the wiki, but cannot figure out what I should be doing right now

I wish the game would just let me reset, I have a lvl 30 Oberon and Trinity with a bunch of max leveled (no mastery) weapons.

Game looks fantastic and there seems to be so much stuff added since I played it year 1 on the PS4 but I wish it had better tutorials
Go to your codex in your ship and check your quests. Are they all done? If not, work on their requirements. Do you have access to every planet? Even if you do, from having unlocked them before this map system, you may still have Junctions to complete. Those are the bridges to new planets, and they have rewards aside from that.

Aside from finishing all the quests and unlocking every mission, the only other thing to do in Warframe is to farm all of the stuff in Warframe. Make sure you've completed the Mars junction on Earth for your void segment that goes in your ship, and start getting relics from endless missions to unlock in void fissures for prime parts.

frizby

So the alliance is dead?

No, it's fine. An overly dramatic clan got kicked out, and their warlord had admin priveleges on alliance chat. Should be all cleared up now.

In other news, one of our clan members (joh8644) (not a gaffer, but a good guy) had a family tragedy last night. Somebody else is playing his profile to get him stuff, so don't direct message him, but I gifted him a Warframe slot. If a few of the vets could do the same, that would be a great show of support. :)

(Don't overdo it, he only needs 10 or so)

No, it's fine. An overly dramatic clan got kicked out, and their warlord had admin priveleges on alliance chat. Should be all cleared up now.

In other news, one of our clan members (joh8644) (not a gaffer, but a good guy) had a family tragedy last night. Somebody else is playing his profile to get him stuff, so don't direct message him, but I gifted him a Warframe slot. If a few of the vets could do the same, that would be a great show of support. :)

(Don't overdo it, he only needs 10 or so)

Dont tell me it was the clan filled with weird people like yesterday

Cool I am gonna send him something

Got a Hell's Chamber during a Syndicate mission and now I'm just a Sweeping Serration and Primed Point Blank away from finishing my Sancti Tigris. This gun has been like game changing.

Jellie

So the alliance is dead?
What happened? Did everyone get kicked or something?
Got a Hell's Chamber during a Syndicate mission and now I'm just a Sweeping Serration and Primed Point Blank away from finishing my Sancti Tigris. This gun has been like game changing.
I think my Tigris does 44k sustained dps 96k burst but it can do 56k sustained and 130k burst dps if you don't use utility mods and go pure damage. Beast of a gun.

frizby

What happened? Did everyone get kicked or something?

Basically yeah. He just went through the list giving everybody bans. I wasn't on, so I don't know how long. Probably 24 hours.

I think my Tigris does 44k sustained dps 96k burst but it can do 56k sustained and 130k burst dps if you don't use utility mods and go pure damage. Beast of a gun.

Loving that reload nightmare mod on it.

Jellie

Basically yeah. He just went through the list giving everybody bans. I wasn't on, so I don't know how long. Probably 24 hours.

Loving that reload nightmare mod on it.
Yeah chilling reload is great. Can't fit it on tigris prime status build though so prefer sancti to the prime

VandalD

Yeah chilling reload is great. Can't fit it on tigris prime status build though so prefer sancti to the prime
This works just fine for me, actually. What do you use instead? Seeking Fury? That's about all I feel like I'm missing out on with this no forma build. I'd put Blaze on, but it's Tigris. It already does stupid amounts of damage, and corrosive procs will take care of armor.

frizby

This works just fine for me, actually. What do you use instead? Seeking Fury? That's about all I feel like I'm missing out on with this no forma build. I'd put Blaze on, but it's Tigris. It already does stupid amounts of damage, and corrosive procs will take care of armor.

I can't imagine running without Blaze or Vicious Spread. You're giving up a ton of damage leaving off base damage mods.

VandalD

I can't imagine running without Blaze or Vicious Spread. You're giving up a ton of damage leaving off base damage mods.
True, it does leave out a ton of damage. But look how much damage it already does. Do you really need Blaze or Vicious Spread on top of that? The only reason I have a Charged Shell in there is because it fits the polarity and makes corrosive more likely to proc over blast.

I'll have to give the Sancti a try sometime with that kind of build. I do like syndicate procs.

Amon37

I'll check my build when I get home but I know it's viral and even with chilling reload I think I'm upper 20k damage in slash and viral.

I have the shotgun slash mod where you have charged shell

Jellie

For tigris prime I use 4 status dual mods, sweeping serration, primed point blank, hells chamber and seeking fury. Seeking fury can be replaced though with chilling reload, blaze vicious spread etc. The rest is mandatory for me. Sweeping serrations maybe swap for blaze but I like me some slash damage.

Sancti tigris is more versatile since you don't require 4 status dual mods. I use primed point blank, hells chamber, blaze, sweeping serration, chilling reload, seeking fury, vicious spread and the toxin mod. 20k viral, 17k slash, 7k fire and a much faster reload time.

VandalD

For tigris prime I use 4 status dual mods, sweeping serration, primed point blank, hells chamber and seeking fury. Seeking fury can be replaced though with chilling reload, blaze vicious spread etc. The rest is mandatory for me. Sweeping serrations maybe swap for blaze but I like me some slash damage.

Sancti tigris is more versatile since you don't require 4 status dual mods. I use primed point blank, hells chamber, blaze, sweeping serration, chilling reload, seeking fury, vicious spread and the toxin mod. 20k viral, 17k slash, 7k fire and a much faster reload time.
I had sweeping serration on, but I wanted to make sure I got more corrosive procs, though slash procs would be more useful in general. It's sounding like I need to work on the Sancti. The reload time is the one thing keeping me from using Tigris Prime over Vaykor Hek. Well, that and the syndicate proc.

Jellie

I had sweeping serration on, but I wanted to make sure I got more corrosive procs, though slash procs would be more useful in general. It's sounding like I need to work on the Sancti. The reload time is the one thing keeping me from using Tigris Prime over Vaykor Hek. Well, that and the syndicate proc.

I prefer viral and slash since running corrosive projecetion gets rid of armour and viral is great against high enemies.Viral, fire and slash seems like a good combo to me.

PC just had Sweeping Serration in the last Baro visit on Jan 13th, and (I think) we're running three rotations behind them right now, so we should get it again on the Feb 24th visit.

Cool, I'll work on other things and see if it pops up then...

Believe so. Or trading. If prices are too inflated, I think I have a few stashed away.

...but if it doesn't I may be looking to buy one if anyone is selling.

frizby

True, it does leave out a ton of damage. But look how much damage it already does. Do you really need Blaze or Vicious Spread on top of that? The only reason I have a Charged Shell in there is because it fits the polarity and makes corrosive more likely to proc over blast.

I'll have to give the Sancti a try sometime with that kind of build. I do like syndicate procs.

I can get more raw damage per shot out of the Prime, but Sancti has faster reload and syndicate proc, so like Jellie, I prefer it.

I can never have too much damage. My Tigris Prime has about 20k more damage per shot with 90% status, but I sorely miss the punch through on my sancti build.

VariantX

secura lecta got nerfed, abuse the credit farming while you can on console. This thing can generate 10k+ credits per wave on akkad with a booster.

I can get more raw damage per shot out of the Prime, but Sancti has faster reload and syndicate proc, so like Jellie, I prefer it.

I can never have too much damage. My Tigris Prime has about 20k more damage per shot with 90% status, but I sorely miss the punch through on my sancti build.

Actually you should aim for using 100% status on your Tigris Prime. It's possible with all four dual stats. Then you're proccing Slash all the time and actually doing more damage over time than a pure damage build (also shredding armor and knocking down fools for days with a corrosive/blast combo). It starts to edge out the Sancti Tigris. Slap on Seeking Fury (Punchthrough+Reload Speed) and it's quick enough plus you can obliterate groups of enemies.

Sancti Tigris can still reliably use the 4-shot Tigris build though.

frizby

Actually you should aim for using 100% status on your Tigris Prime. It's possible with all four dual stats. Then you're proccing Slash all the time and actually doing more damage over time than a pure damage build (also shredding armor and knocking down fools for days with a corrosive/blast combo). It starts to edge out the Sancti Tigris. Slap on Seeking Fury (Punchthrough+Reload Speed) and it's quick enough plus you can obliterate groups of enemies.

Sancti Tigris can still reliably use the 4-shot Tigris build though.

I'm pretty sure I tried it both ways and didn't notice much of a status dropoff at 90% vs 100%. But I'll check it out again.

Honestly if you're participating in sorties and raids, you should be pretty well set on credits. Hieracon is plenty viable and fast for credits on the starchart. Lecta is just a nice bonus on the side.

Insaniac

Are sortie rewards broken?? Like seriously, since the Glast Gambit update I have gotten either 2000 or 4000 endo as sortie rewards every day, nothing else ever.

Jellie

Are sortie rewards broken?? Like seriously, since the Glast Gambit update I have gotten either 2000 or 4000 endo as sortie rewards every day, nothing else ever.
Got 5 rivens from 8 sorties. Sold one for 500p after a few rerolls. Somebody in the alliance just got legendary core on their first run...

just finished War Within tonight and did a run on the new Kuva Fortress setting. jeez this place is huge! I usually can read maps pretty good and not get lost but this place trapped me for like 15 minutes while I try to look for where the remaining enemies were (it's the elimination mission). guess I'll have to get used to it. the quest itself isn't too bad after reading up a little on how to fight the stuff and the story was decent, even thou I feel that the operator's back story could use a little something more. anyway, now I can finally start doing sorties again and work on Glast Gambit and the new frame... after I'm back from work this weekend that is.

Yeah alright. I'm convinced.

Simulated a bunch of builds against a 145 heavy gunner eximus and eventually settled on Chilling, Seeking and all 4 dual status mods. You could sub Blaze in for Seeking but I really like punch through when things get busy.

Ty.

Punch through is absolutely the better choice over blaze. Better that all your bullets can hit multiple enemies than they get stopped by a corpse that slowly falling over in front of you, especially with something as limited in magazine as the Tigris. Although with Chilling and Seeking your reload time is probably like 1.2 or something stupidly low.

Amon37

Yeah alright. I'm convinced.

Simulated a bunch of builds against a 145 heavy gunner eximus and eventually settled on Chilling, Seeking and all 4 dual status mods. You could sub Blaze in for Seeking but I really like punch through when things get busy.

Ty.

Damn now I'm going have change my builds too. Lol

frizby

Subtle side note to all this shotgun/status discussion:

Primed Point Blank + Hells Chamber + Seeking Force + Shotgun Spazz + 4 Dual Status Mods = HOLY SHIT, THE KOHM IS BACK BABY!!! It doesn't tear through that 145 Heavy Gunner Eximus simulation quite as quickly as the Tigris Prime, but it's about 100x more fun in 99.9% of the game. Status is 98.5% and I chose Seeking Force because reload speed isn't all that relevant on the Kohm.

I simulated max status builds on a bunch of other guns too, and the three standouts I found were Kohm, Tigris Prime and Akstiletto Prime. Sadly, none of the rifles quite got there.

Amon37

I use akstilleto prime all the time but I have critical build, I'll check max status. I was thinking too about Ash's passive with all those slash procs on the Tigris.

While my akstiletto build is skewed because of the pistol riven I have for it, you that last slot would also work well with a dual status mod to push it to 100%.

Status is really strong in this game, and not a lot of people realize because crit and raw damage takes out enemies easily for most of the content on the star chart.

Top Bottom