• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

molnizzle

Quoting for new page.

Grimløck;93839273 said:
Here's a cheatsheet for damage 2.0:

lNTcAA8.jpg

If you're still relatively early in the game, just use whichever weapon you want to get Mastery levels. The Boltor is a good choice.

molnizzle

Posting from quite a few pages back:

Just FYI, this will not be accurate after the next patch. Damage 2.0 has been significantly tweaked twice now on PC. The table Grimløck posted is what's currently live now on PC, so you might as well get used to using that.

I wish would sharpen the controls a bit more.

The melee combat feels too loose and you often end of swinging at air in combat.

Maybe its just me.

Ketch

I wish would sharpen the controls a bit more.

The melee combat feels too loose and you often end of swinging at air in combat.

Maybe its just me.

A new melee system is in the works. You'll switch to your melee like you do primary or secondary. Run with it out, different stances and different combo moves were also discussed during the last live stream.

molnizzle

A new melee system is in the works. You'll switch to your melee like you do primary or secondary. Run with it out, different stances and different combo moves were also discussed during the last live stream.

Jesus Christ. How about fix the frame-rate and the bullshit "Strict NAT" netcode nonsense? Ugh. DE's priorities are just fucked.

Fehyd

Banned

As a primarily melee Ash player... this sounds amazing.

Fix the solar system map. For the love of god.
Can't be said enough. I'm flabbergasted it wasn't fixed in update 11.

And while I'm still having fun in general, Damage 2.0 notwithstanding, I really don't enjoy capture missions anymore.

I've probably failed 95% of those I've joined. Its one thing to have the target move - thats great. But he starts moving before you're even aware of him, he moves FAST, he runs through rooms filled with enemies and cameras and laser barriers, has a gun that can whittle you down very quickly that he fires behind him with pinpoint accuracy while sprinting away, and a area effect knockdown ground-pound if you get close enough.

In short, these missions are harder than any boss fight I've tackled before, and played with randoms that aren't decked out and you end up with pure chaos. People are engaged in combat with existing enemies allowing the target to escape or somebody bolts for it and gets downed by the VIPs weapon or by a new wave of reinforcements. Players get spread out, and that means some players that get downed don't get revived by their teammates because those teammates are chasing the objective. Unrevived players quit out and now you've got fewer players to tackle the VIP.

Captures went from very easy to insanely difficult in the flip of a switch, and it didn't improve things. Or are these missions nows in the domain or defense and survival missions where their difficulty is on a completely different level from their surrounding missions?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Jesus Christ. How about fix the frame-rate and the bullshit "Strict NAT" netcode nonsense? Ugh. DE's priorities are just fucked.

At the moment DE is for whatever reason focusing on pushing content instead of fixing stuff.

On a closed dev environment, they tend to focus on fixes and optimizing towards the end of the dev process, but this game's out in the open.

But right now they have decided to push new stuff every month.

I am very worried about warframes, many warframes are very underpowered or not at all useful given how the game works and they still keep pushing new warframes. Part of the problem is that essentially you get zerg rushed, so it's all about aoe, single target abilities are worthless.

oktarb

I really don't enjoy capture missions anymore.

I've probably failed 95% of those I've joined. Its one thing to have the target move - thats great. But he starts moving before you're even aware of him, he moves FAST, he runs through rooms filled with enemies and cameras and laser barriers, has a gun that can whittle you down very quickly that he fires behind him with pinpoint accuracy while sprinting away, and a area effect knockdown ground-pound if you get close enough.

In short, these missions are harder than any boss fight I've tackled before, and played with randoms that aren't decked out and you end up with pure chaos. People are engaged in combat with existing enemies allowing the target to escape or somebody bolts for it and gets downed by the VIPs weapon or by a new wave of reinforcements. Players get spread out, and that means some players that get downed don't get revived by their teammates because those teammates are chasing the objective. Unrevived players quit out and now you've got fewer players to tackle the VIP.

Captures went from very easy to insanely difficult in the flip of a switch, and it didn't improve things. Or are these missions nows in the domain or defense and survival missions where their difficulty is on a completely different level from their surrounding missions?

Indeed. I avoid these like the plague now. I'd rather run my dick on a cheese grater than play a capture mission. Side on the side or easy over mind crushing annoyance.

If you don't lower the difficulty at least make it so he can't escape. We can clear room and find him finally huddled in a corner, exhausted and scared. As it stands now the Tenno should be afraid, if these capture targets mount an offensive we're fucked.

Pop

Just FYI, this will not be accurate after the next patch. Damage 2.0 has been significantly tweaked twice now on PC. The table Grimløck posted is what's currently live now on PC, so you might as well get used to using that.

I'm seeing like 2 things different or added, not much difference.

molnizzle

Question, is the clan working on a workshop? So we can start crafting clan weapons?

We have a dojo with most weapons already researched, yes. Our current roadblock is mutagen samples for the Infested weapons. We need to do more Derelicts!

I'm seeing like 2 things different or added, not much difference.

Poison goes from being crappy to use against Infested to being an awesome damage increase against Infested. Pretty big difference right there!

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have a couple of Derelict Keys we can use to get Mutagen Samples. The problem is usually when I'm on, no one is active in Clan Chat.

Korten

Banned
I have a couple of Derelict Keys we can use to get Mutagen Samples. The problem is usually when I'm on, no one is active in Clan Chat.

Yeah I noticed that. I see a decent chunk of people on but never anyone willing to chat. Maybe we need a online chat on the computer since it's easier to talk. Maybe a guild skype group?

Edgeward

It's just that the clan chat functions aren't properly integrated with the game. You have to actively check to see when people post. There is little to no notifications when someone does or a timestamp to know when it was said. Piss poor design

Xevren

It's just that the clan chat functions aren't properly integrated with the game. You have to actively check to see when people post. There is little to no notifications when someone does or a timestamp to know when it was said. Piss poor design

Yup. Agree with this all the way.

NeededSleep

Oh boy... New melee stuff. Not sure how I feel, more so after damage 2.0.
Fighting greneer in 30+ areas is a pain in the ass. I feel like their armor is scaling is way out of OP ballance. not to mention currosive damage mods, well toxin ones could be very difficult for some newer folks to get now.

Id rather like the developers to work on better net code and fixing wonky damage 2.0 ect. than going ahead and changing more stuff ATM.

molnizzle

Do you think the people responsible for melee controls are also responsible for performance???

I think that programmers program, yeah. Perhaps the design guys wouldn't be involved with the netcode, but the wizards who actually turn design documents into gameplay just might. Supossedly the dev team for Warframe is quite small.

Anybody up for trying to clear out some planets on Neptune, Pluto or Ceres?

Really difficult to get decent randoms thus late in the solar system and I'm sick of not seeing the good alerts because I don't have the missions unlocked...

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey, do we want to organise some sort of in-house mod trading? I've got a few rare mods I already have doubles of I'd much rather trade to GAF members than try and sell in chat. When I get home I can post a list.

HORRORSHØW

Really difficult to get decent randoms thus late in the solar system and I'm sick of not seeing the good alerts because I don't have the missions unlocked...
I need help pushing through Neptune with my Ash.

EL Beefo

YES! Just got a pistol ammo mutation after 25 min in an infested survival. My Twin Vipers will finally last more than half a level. Also I'm really starting to see the benefits of Rhino's iron skin ability, it turns what's already a tank into an invincible killing machine.

Xater

Yup, that needs to be addressed. It makes organizing stuff difficult.

Just finished up a extermination match when I was told that my progress wasn't saved and that I was being logged out of Warframe. Then it just froze.

Had to force close the app. Wonder what the hell that was about.

Sdoots

Hey guys, don't disregard the potential for "combos".

Example, Vauban and Ash. Have Vauban load Ash up with Teslas. Ash runs into a room flooded with bad guys, activates his Ult. While his Ult is teleporting him around, all the Teslas are going off and dealing additional damage.

Hey guys, don't disregard the potential for "combos".

Example, Vauban and Ash. Have Vauban load Ash up with Teslas. Ash runs into a room flooded with bad guys, activates his Ult. While his Ult is teleporting him around, all the Teslas are going off and dealing additional damage.

Nice.. good to know.. just got all the Ash components..

ParityBit

Question about playing online. It it frowned upon to play without using a mic? I have a headset with no mic that I hook to my controller. When my wife is around with the baby, I prefer not to be barking out all sorts of chatter.

One a side note, I am assuming the voice of who I am playing with will come out of my headset?

I'm up for this. Still working on clearing paths through Uranus, but I'm up for doing any of the outer planets. (Those you mentioned as well as Eris, Sedna, Europa, etc)

Sdoots

I'm up for this. Still working on clearing paths through Uranus, but I'm up for doing any of the outer planets. (Eris, Sedna, Europa, etc)

I'm sure it's getting old seeing me saying this, but as soon as I can get my PC stuff over, I'd love to join up on this. I need a break from Prime farming every time I play.

Question about playing online. It it frowned upon to play without using a mic? I have a headset with no mic that I hook to my controller. When my wife is around with the baby, I prefer not to be barking out all sorts of chatter.

One a side note, I am assuming the voice of who I am playing with will come out of my headset?

I have a similar prob with my wife lol, I just let people know i'm not on mic, i personally don't have a problem, once you have a headset connected voice will go through it..

I do the same thing. Use regular headphones for in game music/chat. Just let people know with squad chat.

Eyerox

Can't be said enough. I'm flabbergasted it wasn't fixed in update 11.

And while I'm still having fun in general, Damage 2.0 notwithstanding, I really don't enjoy capture missions anymore.

Personally I love them. Honestly, was there ever ANY danger of failing the mission when it was done the old way? Not really.

Now you have to TRY to work together or at least attempt to put effort into the capture. It feels just as intense as defense and survival with the new changes.

4 Tenno chasing down the capture target, sliding through laser doors, flipping over groups of enemies while trying to get a shot off at running prey. Health dwindling. Desperate to get that extra bit of speed by making a blind jump instead of taking the stairs down. Two of you sliding under the escape pod doors at THE LAST minute to face off with the capture target. One Tenno goes down. The last Tenno popping that ULT FOR THE WIN!!!

How do you let others know? Can you type it?

Yes .. I am a total noob.

Also, what field of view do you use? I opened mine up all the way ...

Yeah. Either in game, or in the squad while you pick planets, just hit the start button (option I think its called now) and chat with squad there. Your message will pop up on the left side of everyone's screen.

As for field of view, never touched it.

IvorB

Well I've decided I'm done with gym for the rest of the year so this evening I will go home and shoot some o' dem aliens with my new gun. My new sword should be ready too. :)

Top Bottom