• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe Xbox One Clan/Discussion Thread

Alx

I'm not sure it's the right place (there's no X1 Warframe OT as far as I can tell), but here I am anyway.
I started playing Warframe on X1 a few days ago (just finished the introductory quest), and rather like it. I love the overall design, the varied weapons and the style. But I'm also feeling a bit lost in front of all that content. As long as I'm playing simple missions, solo with the default frame and weapons, everything's fine, but as soon as I'm opening one of the customization apparatus...

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

I tried to find a beginner's guide, but even the game wikia is a bit daunting. Is there any beginner-friendly helpful link ? I have so many questions :
- is it possible to progress solo in the game ? I'm not a very social player
- should I upgrade my base frame & weapons, or is it better to quickly switch to a more specialized one ? How can I know which one is appropriate to my style ?
- what's the best strategy to use your credits/platinum ?
- how do you even earn platinum ? Is it pay only ?

Special C

Sorry, I guess I should have specified cross connected. The template up. It has to be built before anything else can continue so whoever gets to it first go ahead and start it.

Special C

I'm not sure it's the right place (there's no X1 Warframe OT as far as I can tell), but here I am anyway.
I started playing Warframe on X1 a few days ago (just finished the introductory quest), and rather like it. I love the overall design, the varied weapons and the style. But I'm also feeling a bit lost in front of all that content. As long as I'm playing simple missions, solo with the default frame and weapons, everything's fine, but as soon as I'm opening one of the customization apparatus...

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

I tried to find a beginner's guide, but even the game wikia is a bit daunting. Is there any beginner-friendly helpful link ? I have so many questions :
- is it possible to progress solo in the game ? I'm not a very social player
- should I upgrade my base frame & weapons, or is it better to quickly switch to a more specialized one ? How can I know which one is appropriate to my style ?
- what's the best strategy to use your credits/platinum ?
- how do you even earn platinum ? Is it pay only ?

Search for "agayguyplays" on youtube. There are some good videos on there.

Alx

Thanks, I will look into that. Did some of you guys buy things like XP/credit boosters ? Are they worth it ? Seeing as the game has very decent content, I'm ok with paying some money to the devs (although there's no way I'll pay that 120€ package).

singhr1

Thanks, I will look into that. Did some of you guys buy things like XP/credit boosters ? Are they worth it ? Seeing as the game has very decent content, I'm ok with paying some money to the devs (although there's no way I'll pay that 120€ package).

I haven't. If anything would get platinum to speed up building. 12+ hours for weapons, 3 days for warframes is pretty crazy if you aren't willing to wait.

Special C

Alright, we have 3 more buildings placed and ready for resources, the Oracle and there last 2 Cross connectors. Let me know when you contribute a forma to something. I want to put names of contributors on the plaques in the rooms. (for cross connectors I can just put the names on the rooms connected to the CC)

Also, I gave everyone the ability to recruit. We aren't going to challenge the 30 person limit with just gaffers. There are about 8 who never accepted the invite so I'm going to clear those invites to make room.

If you have friends that play feel free to send them a clan invite. If you meet some good and active players invite them, Just don't send invites to random people in chat.

Alx

I wouldn't mind getting an invite to the clan (GT : Alx) , I didn't go very far yet but I'd gladly contribute with my limited resources. :)

does anyone know how to send in-game invites to people in the trade chat to begin trading with them?

I cant even find the trade chat or the chat for people looking for help with missions. I just keep trying to solo everything but I am running out of places I can solo. It feels way more frustrating on XB1 then it did on PS4.

Rockyrock

I cant even find the trade chat or the chat for people looking for help with missions. I just keep trying to solo everything but I am running out of places I can solo. It feels way more frustrating on XB1 then it did on PS4.

When youre in a menu just click the left trigger and it should pop up bottom left. then use RB/LB to switch channels.

Olde_Tyme_Ninja

Neo Member
Today A Forma and a Forma BP are going to be available via a 24 hr alert. This is a great chance to get what we need to get the dojo ready for research!

We need 2 reactors, 3 hallways, and the 5 research buildings. That's 11 Forma Can we get one person to build one room each? Quote post and fill in name if you can help.

Reactor 1: Special C
Reactor 2: Blind Boy Grunt
Hallway 1:
Oracle:
Chem Lab:
Hallway 2:
Energy Lab:
Tenino Lab:
Hallway 3:
Bio Lab:
Orokin Lab:

I'll start up the Orokin Lab now, and by now I mean when the Oracle is finished

I contributed a forma to the oracle. Hopefully we get a Tenno lab going soon. I need to do something to get rid of Volt. I cant stand that frame.

Alx

I decided to buy and spend a few platinum to support the game... I got a glaive melee weapon, it's so much better than the staff I had !

Special C

Seems like the initial hype has died down a bit. We have probably 5 people that play regularly, so I'm going to recruit some randoms to help get the dojo going. Not complaining, destiny was unfortunate timing for Warframe

Seems like the initial hype has died down a bit. We have probably 5 people that play regularly, so I'm going to recruit some randoms to help get the dojo going. Not complaining, destiny was unfortunate timing for Warframe

I'll probably start playing again soon; don't have a ton of free time these days, let alone for two loot-based games :p

Special C

Hey everyone. We gave it a try, but the GAF population that plays Warframe just isn't enough to sustain a Warframe Clan of just gaffers. I've found another clan that has a full dojo and can take everyone that is in our clan. Message me on live if you are interested and I'll invite you.

Alx

I'm still playing too (although I'm going on vacation soon, so I'll have a 2 weeks break from the game). Is it possible to get far in solo only ? I'm getting my ass kicked on Venus, even if my level is at least 5 points higher than the enemies. Even if I just recently realized I could boost my mods more (didn't realize you could fuse cards to cards that were already fused), I don't think that will be enough.
The interception missions seem impossible alone, especially when you get hammered by these flying guys who spam rockets.
I'm also having a hard time agains all the flame-thrower enemies.
Finally I'm terrible at ranking tests, I can't pass the first one. :(

I'm still having fun though. :) I built my first legit weapon that week-end (a sword the schematics of which I got as a daily reward).

*edit : by the way since we're mentioning Destiny, the game does remind me of it (from what I played in the beta), but I actually think Warframe does it right. While Destiny felt like a beautiful empty shell, Warframe feels like a rich experience but with lower production value (I love the detail on the frames and weapons, but the levels and environments would benefit from more diversity.

Brakara

So I've really gotten into this the last week or so, but it's sad to see that there's no active GAF clan for the Xbox One. But do anyone have a recommendation for a clan to get into? I'm still pretty low (MR3, soon ranking up), but I'm fairly active (playing daily).

Archpath1

Yo add me
Archpath1

We can run some missions, voids, whatever you need I can do it
Got a clan with a long time online buddy , I'll let you in if the x1 clan is not working out
Really helpful bunch of guys, farms, missions, quests, gear, They are always running something

Brakara

Thanks, added you to my friends list (my IGN is "Brakara" as here).

Note that I'm in Europe though, so we may be on at very different times...

Top Bottom