• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

JoeMartin

Teknopathetic said:
The server caps are in place until the standard edition head start, where they'll raise them to 2/3, then the full launch where they go full capacity.

Ah good good. I was afraid they were going to hard cap them right from the getgo.

Another question - I never had to put my creditcard information in anywhere for a subscription type thing, nor have I seen any option anywhere to do so. On the "features" section of my EAMythic master account it says I have access to the head start and whatnot, but am I missing something?

Anyone when/if the WAR site will be updated to allow folks to keep track of the current state of the realm war while not logged in?

They had this for DAoC Herald so I was wondering if they were still planning on implementing this feature on the WAR Herald. It'd be nice to see who has what while at work.

Is there a flight master in Chrace for Order? I got to the Shadowlands and could only fly back to Blighted...

Oh and LOVING my Shadow Warrior. The DPS could use a bit of a boost and the Whirring Pin root only works like 30% of the time, but all in all its fun.

Oh and my CE items are on my account, but how do i claim them in game? Or is that on retail release?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Well, hope the send it to me before tommorow. Is there anywhere online where they give you the code immediatley?

Orin GA said:
Well, hope the send it to me before tommorow. Is there anywhere online where they give you the code immediatley?

There is. It's called media downloads or something to that effect; there might be information about it in your email receipt.

Orin GA

whiterabbit said:
There is. It's called media downloads or something to that effect; there might be information about it in your email receipt.

I checked there and nothing.

Sinatar said:
www.direct2drive.com will send you your code about 5 seconds after you pay for it.

Thx

Edit: Amazon wont let me cancel the order, I guess its to stop people from canceling when they get their code, but they better send it before tommorow >:|

JakOfTheShadows said:
Just incase anyone else was wondering it appears that the US SE headstart is currently planned to start at 7:00 AM EDT on September 16th.

Thanks for the info.

"I checked there and nothing."

Hmm, that's where I found mine, so I'm stumped.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Ah Yeah already Rank 14, RR 9 since right now Tier 2 are low on people for rvring, and I have 13g.

Chris R

Might join the gaf guild or whatever since I'll be going order. Just have to see where my brother wants to roll first. Really liked the Elf tank class so I think thats what I'll be doing.

LaneDS

Man am I just terrible or do Witch Hunters under Rank 10 suck? Seems like I can't kill other players worth a damn. If it's a tank, I can't outdamage their armor even with the one ability you get that ignores armor, if it's a healer they always win the war. Sometimes I can kill casters 1v1 but it seems rare.

Does the class get more love down the line? I know they get some form of stealth at 10 which I imagine is a pretty big deal, but man, it's rough going right now.

Also the Empire so far is constantly getting destroyed by Chaos. The New Emskrank or whatever place is so hard to accomplish anything in, since there's plenty of Destruction players and not many Order. I sort of like feeling outnumbered but I definitely dislike how hard it's been to get a decent group going. Hoping it's CE headstart woes that'll change once SE headstart and regular launch hit.

Still in as Connery on Averheim, if anyone wants to party up with a less than talented Witch Hunter shoot me a tell.

Atrophis

LaneDS said:
Man am I just terrible or do Witch Hunters under Rank 10 suck? Seems like I can't kill other players worth a damn. If it's a tank, I can't outdamage their armor even with the one ability you get that ignores armor, if it's a healer they always win the war. Sometimes I can kill casters 1v1 but it seems rare.

Does the class get more love down the line? I know they get some form of stealth at 10 which I imagine is a pretty big deal, but man, it's rough going right now.

Also the Empire so far is constantly getting destroyed by Chaos. The New Emskrank or whatever place is so hard to accomplish anything in, since there's plenty of Destruction players and not many Order. I sort of like feeling outnumbered but I definitely dislike how hard it's been to get a decent group going. Hoping it's CE headstart woes that'll change once SE headstart and regular launch hit.

Still in as Connery on Averheim, if anyone wants to party up with a less than talented Witch Hunter shoot me a tell.

WH become a lot stronger later on and can easily take out tanks 1 on 1 if you get the drop on them out of stealth. Not played one myself but seen a good vid of a rank 30 going to town and it was impressive.

Nealy rank 13 myself, RR 11. Leveling is sloooow in tier 2. Ive seen Rank 19's on my server though o_O

How in the hell have you got 13g already though Elbrain? XD

LaneDS

Ah, good to hear on the WH. I imagine in a balanced group it's a lot of fun, although so far it's Ranged DPS (Order) vs Tanks and Healers (Destruction), and you can imagine how well that goes.

Dumb question... RR means Renown Rank or something along those lines?

saelz8

SO, how is this game? I haven't played a MMO semi-seriously since Anarchy Online. I'm thinking about trying this one.

Orin GA

Im just gonna send it back to amazon. I ordered with D2D and got my code as soon as i purchased. Jesus christ, does amazon have just one person taking care of this? They dont even tell you that the code wont be emailed to you. I will never pre order games with amazon again.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Atrophis said:
WH become a lot stronger later on and can easily take out tanks 1 on 1 if you get the drop on them out of stealth. Not played one myself but seen a good vid of a rank 30 going to town and it was impressive.

Nealy rank 13 myself, RR 11. Leveling is sloooow in tier 2. Ive seen Rank 19's on my server though o_O

How in the hell have you got 13g already though Elbrain? XD
Scavenging profession man! I am freaking rich because of that! Just scavenge all the bodies and vendor their ass.

Twig

Banned
OH DEAR GOD MARAUDER IS THE SWEETS

I am having second thoughts about making my black orc my main once other people (i.e. SE people) start playing.

D: D: D:

TheOneGuy said:
OH DEAR GOD MARAUDER IS THE SWEETS

I am having second thoughts about making my black orc my main once other people (i.e. SE people) start playing.

D: D: D:
Whats so good about marauder.. They look horrible which turned me away :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
How do I claim my CE items?

Also, I got one crash to desktop, hopefully not a sign of things to come. The only good thing about the CTD is that is so quick that I can instantly log back in, but still annoying.
Elbrain said:
Scavenging profession man! I am freaking rich because of that! Just scavenge all the bodies and vendor their ass.
Yeah, I noticed that since beta. It takes 4 seconds per kill, but you get so rich that there is nothing you cannot buy. At least until Second tier which is when I capped during closed beta.

Twig

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Whats so good about marauder.. They look horrible which turned me away :lol
It's FUN that's what's so good.

And what do you mean they look horrible. I HAVE A FUCKING MACE FOR A FUCKING HAND.

What's not to love!
godwhatsit said:
How do I claim my CE items?
Mailbox.

Wait. That's preorder. CE items you don't get until you register the CE cd key with your account.

godhandiscen

TheOneGuy said:
Wait. That's preorder. CE items you don't get until you register the CE cd key with your account.
Yeah, I already got the preorder items. What are the CE items?

Also, whats up with the arm band that came as a preorder item from Gamestop? Is the effect consumable? I used it once for kicks and now it says 1/2? WTF?

godhandiscen said:
Yeah, I already got the preorder items. What are the CE items?

Also, whats up with the arm band that came as a preorder item from Gamestop? Is the effect consumable? I used it once for kicks and now it says 1/2? WTF?

godhandiscen
(Today, 06:43 PM)

You can't excect something they're not giving everyone to be any good.

Chris R

So when exactly can I be playing tonight? 9PM PST(tuesday east coast) or 12PM PST? One of the few perks of living in Alaska :D

godhandiscen

whiterabbit said:
godhandiscen
(Today, 06:43 PM)

You can't excect something they're not giving everyone to be any good.
I am not bothered by it, I just didn't know it was a consumable. Also, there is a stat called "speed" in weapon and the measure is in seconds. What is better, less seconds or more seconds? I am a total MMO noob btw.

Chris R

godhandiscen said:
I am not bothered by it, I just didn't know it was a consumable. Also, there is a stat called "speed" in weapon and the measure is in seconds. What is better, less seconds or more seconds? I am a total MMO noob btw.
More DPS is better in almost every case. Speed just determines how often you swing. Slower (higher) speed but higher dmg = faster (lower) speed and lower damage.

godhandiscen

rhfb said:
More DPS is better in almost every case. Speed just determines how often you swing. Slower (higher) speed but higher dmg = faster (lower) speed and lower damage.
Thanks man. It makes a lot of sense.

JoeMartin

godhandiscen said:
Thanks man. It makes a lot of sense.

Well I'm not at all versed in theoryhammering yet, but if it follows the melee characteristic as WoW, speed is drastically important.

For example, in WoW, most of the usable abilities by melee classes has it's damage calculated off of stats in addition to the max upper end damage of your weapon employed for the attack. So in almost all scenarios a slower weapon would out DPS a fast weapon just because the actual top end damage of an instant attack (which is off the swing timer) is larger, even if the DPS listed is the same as a faster weapon.

If that makes any sense. But again, that's just how it works in WOW, I'm not sure if it's similar or completely different for WAR.

godhandiscen said:

I totally understand why that would be a WTF moment then. :lol I guess I'll see what I get from Amazon tomorrow/tonight.

I'm interested in some theory behind the speed/DPS situation: If you had two weapons with the same DPS but different speeds, would you choose the slower weapon so that individual hits do more damage, or the faster weapon so that you have more opportunities to hit?

So when exactly can I be playing tonight? 9PM PST(tuesday east coast) or 12PM PST? One of the few perks of living in Alaska

It apparently starts tomorrow at 7am EST, so that's 4am PST. Unfortunately the only perk I think you'll be getting by living in Alaska if you're an all-nighter type of guy is that it'll be sunny. :lol

JoeMartin said:
Well I'm not at all versed in theoryhammering yet, but if it follows the melee characteristic as WoW, speed is drastically important.

For example, in WoW, most of the usable abilities by melee classes has it's damage calculated off of stats in addition to the max upper end damage of your weapon employed for the attack. So in almost all scenarios a slower weapon would out DPS a fast weapon just because the actual top end damage of an instant attack (which is off the swing timer) is larger, even if the DPS listed is the same as a faster weapon.

If that makes any sense. But again, that's just how it works in WOW, I'm not sure if it's similar or completely different for WAR.

Thats how it used to work in WoW. They changed it to make speed a lot less relevant.

Shaman are so much fucking fun. Best healers by a country mile.

But I'm pretty certain Waaaaagh! isn't working for instant cast spells. There's no difference in power on the few I've tried.

Chris R

whiterabbit said:
It apparently starts tomorrow at 7am EST, so that's 4am PST. Unfortunately the only perk I think you'll be getting by living in Alaska if you're an all-nighter type of guy is that it'll be sunny. :lol
Nah, normally if something comes out at midnight eastern I get oh 5 or 6 hours in before hitting the sack for the night (it isn't that bright right now almost dark) Guess I'll just play after I get home from school tomorrow then :(

JoeMartin

TheHeretic said:
Thats how it used to work in WoW. They changed it to make speed a lot less relevant.

Yes weapon speed was normalized in the damage formula, but speed still dictates the base weapon damage, which is still part of the formula for calculating normalized damage.

So yeah, a .1+ change in speed isn't a massive dps boost for yellow damage like it used to be, but speed is still important.

And this is completely off topic lol.

JoeMartin said:
Yes weapon speed was normalized in the damage formula, but speed still dictates the base weapon damage, which is still part of the formula for calculating normalized damage.

So yeah, a .1+ change in speed isn't a massive dps boost for yellow damage like it used to be, but speed is still important.

And this is completely off topic lol.

lol yeah. I remember when the Arcanite Reaper was the best weapon for a mortal strike warrior just because it had a 3.8s delay.

Good times!

Back on topic, I don't really understand how the skills system works. What weapon you use seems to have no effect on skills, stats are supposed to, but the bonus is listed in DPS. Very strange.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
So most of GAF Destruction is on Skull Throne? Curious to where the rest of Destruction GAF went off to.

godhandiscen

Wow, customizing your stats through a career trainer based on Reknown is such an awesome idea. It clearly shows the focus of the game is PVP.
kozmo7 said:
So most of GAF Destruction is on Skull Throne? Curious to where the rest of Destruction GAF went off to.
My destruction characters are in Skull Throne but I havent started playing it yet. My Witch Hunter is too addictive.

kozmo7 said:
I havent run into many on Skull Throne.. only a few.. Bourne and Twerp..

But I really want to get a GAF guild started.. :(

Ferrio

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
But I really want to get a GAF guild started.. :(

Never happens.

Also old fragments of my WoW guild will be destruction on averhein... might see me running around on destruction side when I'm not playing order.

Top Bottom