• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

S. L.

Big Nate said:
God I love the smell of exploded Warhawk in the morning!
kilgore3.jpg

PuMa

Talamius said:
Update has definitely fixed the network and server joining issues. I can join 30/32 and 31/32 servers no prob now and I've yet to freeze or drop.

The game is a blast online. Definitely worth the $40 PSN download at least. Rocket turrets seem to be godly, flak turrets not so much.

Sure the rocket turrets are great and all, but the catch is that you can use chaffe to evade when flying the Warhawk. No chaffe can shake off those flaks. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Imagine how cool this game could be if the Sixaxis 2 comes out, game is patched to support rumble and you can feel how close incoming missiles are relative to your warhawk.

I'd also like a subtle vibration when I'm close an enemy land mine :(

PuMa said:
Sure the rocket turrets are great and all, but the catch is that you can use chaffe to evade when flying the Warhawk. No chaffe can shake off those flaks. :D

Ya, but if you wait while locked on, those pilots do all sorts of crazy shit. Wait, then fire! (if you don't get destroyed first!)

Raist

Banned
I'll put a server up in a few minutes, so post here if you're interested, I'll start it if I have at least 8 people.

ID : GAF_GMT(#6)
Timezone : GMT+1
Rotation : Zones/CTF/Dogfight TDM/Zones/TDM/CTF/Dogfight DM

Password is the usual GAFu pass. PM me if you're not part of GAFu.

SRG01

PuMa said:

I was playing on a CTF map last night that surprisingly had no rocket turrets (only flaks) in the base. I took down a surprisingly high number of Warhawks that way. :lol

(We still lost twice :( )

crap i don't understand,why my profile isn't updated yet?Last time they update it was on sept 2,almost 4 days has passed and my stat are the same as before....anyone has the same problem?

Raist

Banned
angelcage87 said:
crap i don't understand,why my profile isn't updated yet?Last time they update it was on sept 2,almost 4 days has passed and my stat are the same as before....anyone has the same problem?

joke post right ? :lol

It's bugged, they're working on it

calder

Big Nate said:
Yeah, I've found flak turrets are great only when the Warhawk is really close. Even though the red square will light up when they are a ways out, I usually wait until they get closer then unleash hell. If you are right on them they'll blow up in like 3 seconds of fire. Almost worthless on ground targets, though, unless you have a long time to keep firing.

It's a product of the balancing needed for the rock/paper/scissor weapon dynamic, but I find the flak turrets work poorly against infantry and jeeps, but strangely well against tanks. In Badlands me and another guy in the other flak turret made short work of an approaching armor convoy, at least until the next time when they smartly blew the turrets from just beyond effective return range.

In the beta the flak guns were just pure death to Warhawks. They had to nerf them a bit, it was crazy how you could basically kill anything flying within 3 or 4 seconds of them straying into range no matter if they were boosting away or whatever. :lol Takes a lot more skill to use the flak guns now, I wasn't used to it at first.

Flo_Evans

I have to say they did an excellent job balancing the weapons/vehicles. I am by no means a pro yet (still a recruit actually :lol ) but there so far is not 1 weapon or vehicle that everyone runs for. Each has an exploitable weakness and strength.

I tend to like the tanks best, but that is primarily what I jumped in in battlefield :D

Raist

Banned
Raist said:
I'll put a server up in a few minutes, so post here if you're interested, I'll start it if I have at least 8 people.

Password is the usual GAFu pass. PM me if you're not part of GAFu.

up.

dralla

im going to make some pizza and jump on. I should be in a Finance class right now but I came home early for pizza + warhawk

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Whoaness said:
Mines are being less of a problem for me. I'm being more aware of the famous mine spots that people place them and usually I will drive my jeep slower so I don't full speed into it. People don't put effort in placing mines like on the side of the wall instead of just throwing it in the middle of the floor.
Hehe - if you ever see me on the opposing team, expect to keep your eyes peeled for mines everywhere, at all times.
I like to mine the mine pickups. Or infiltrate the enemy base and place a few just for the sake of confusion. No place is safe. :evilgrin

TTP said:
I'd also like a subtle vibration when I'm close an enemy land mine :(
Great, ruin my fun. Use your eyes, soldier!

kaching said:
Hehe - if you ever see me on the opposing team, expect to keep your eyes peeled for mines everywhere, at all times.
I like to mine the mine pickups. Or infiltrate the enemy base and place a few just for the sake of confusion. No place is safe. :evilgrin

Great, ruin my fun. Use your eyes, soldier!

It was you! *shakes fist*

Jtrizzy

I can't seem to get a reply on the ps3 20 gig pitfall thread so I'll try here:

Would it be advantageous for me to purchase a wireless adapter/bridge?

I am using shared connection via my laptop's wifi...I'm thinking this might be what is causing the sub par voice chat.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Jtrizzy said:

I am using shared connection via my laptop's wifi...I'm thinking this might be what is causing the sub par voice chat.
Hard to say - I use a wireless bridge with the PS3 and it works fine for me. Presumably there should be more than enough bandwidth on your laptop's wifi connection for voice chat. Unless your laptop is actively using the connection at the time.

Firewire

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
I can't seem to get a reply on the ps3 20 gig pitfall thread so I'll try here:

The PS3 (PSN) likes certain ports to be open on your router. I have heard (speculation) that opening these ports will allow for better interaction & communication with the network.

Raist

Banned
goncalo, chryz, steroyd and peacemountain = bunch of weak cowards :p

Anyways, gotta bail out, I'm switching the serv to dedicated (hence no password)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Raist said:

Anyways, gotta bail out, I'm switching the serv to dedicated (hence no password)

:lol - Goncalo is a killing machine!

Fun match though, even though I do suck at it, a few more days and I'll hope to hold my own.

Damn fine game, most fun online I've had in ages.

Raist said:

I didn't realize you're alone in that dogfight match until later on, then I switched to help you out.

Firewire

Banned
Vennt said:
Damn fine game, most fun online I've had in ages.

I'm at like 45hrs maybe a bit more. I can't remember playing any one online game so much in such a short period. And I didn't even get to play on the long weekend at all!

Raist

Banned
GoncaloCCastro said:
I didn't realize you're alone in that dogfight match until later on, then I switched to help you out.

Was 2 vs 4 and then 1 vs 4 :'(

Uneven dogfights are like impossible. I think once I dodged like 12 missiles in a row but couldn't do more :lol

Raist

Banned
Dedicated Ranked
Max. : 12 pl. (starts on 8)

Post here if server is full and you want to join. Don't forget to put your PSNID so that I don't kick you

Core407

Banned
Raist said:
Dedicated Ranked
Max. : 12 pl. (starts on 8)

Post here if server is full and you want to join. Don't forget to put your PSNID so that I don't kick you

PSN ID: Runner45

I fuckin' love this game!!!!

Edit: You guys should stick to one server name. That way everyone can add it to their favorites and will always find servers.

Raist

Banned
Serv full :eek:

@Core407 : you've got a gaf tag, I'm not THAT dumb :p

Edit : and that's what we do for serv names. Each host has its own. I'll always put it up as GAF_GMT(#6) from now

Core407

Banned
Whoaness said:
Lol Runner45 been vengeful against me.

:D

My favorite moment from that match was when I jumped off a mountain side and hit the ground exactly when an enemy jeep hit me. :lol

Yeah, I need to get a mic too. There wasn't really too much teamwork going on during the CTF matches. It's real hard trying to capture a base alone.

Edit: That dogfighting match had me yelling in anger.

Whoaness

Banned
Core407 said:
:D

My favorite moment from that match was when I jumped off a mountain side and hit the ground exactly when an enemy jeep hit me. :lol

Yeah, I need to get a mic too. There wasn't really too much teamwork going on during the CTF matches. It's real hard trying to capture a base alone.

Edit: That dogfighting match had me yelling in anger.

Click's mine killed me as an enemy ran over it and Click took my flag. XD!

It was his master plan!

spwolf

Raist said:
well problems seem to be solved for SCEA servs, but certainly not for SCEE servs... sigh

worked fine for me earlier, are you sure that someone didnt join the server faster? can you refresh info on SCEE servers?

Why is it that I can fill someone on foot up with 500 bullets from my warhawk's machine gun AND fire missles that explode right beside them and they emerge unscathed? The beta testing seems to not have fixed shit; not that I was really playing the beta much due to frustration from frequent crashing.

Firewire

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Why is it that I can fill someone on foot up with 500 bullets from my warhawk's machine gun AND fire missles that explode right beside them and they emerge unscathed? The beta testing seems to not have fixed shit; not that I was really playing the beta much due to frustration from frequent crashing.

On the Warhawk, I assume your talking about the swarm missiles (green pick up) 1 missile does almost nothing. You have to hold your sights on your target then you will get I think 4-5 swarm missiles fired at once, which can be very deadly.
The machine guns are just as deadly but you have to stay on target for a while before earning the kill, but tits best when accompanied by missiles as well.

PS: they really paired the weapons. if not CTF's would be dominated by Warhawks killing land forces no problem.

Raist

Banned
polyh3dron said:

yeah, people on foot are WAY too much resistant. I mean, the guns from the hawk should instant kill a soldier. Same goes for missiles, a grenade makes more damage

@spwolf> refreshed several times, there were servers with 18/24pl. that I couldn't join... :/

Core407

Banned
Raist said:
yeah, people on foot are WAY too much resistant. I mean, the guns from the hawk should instant kill a soldier. Same goes for missiles, a grenade makes more damage

@spwolf> refreshed several times, there were servers with 18/24pl. that I couldn't join... :/

Machine guns seem to have to be direct hits and the missiles seem to have some kind of proximity range. I'd recommend different weapons for attacking on foot soldiers.

Top Bottom