• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Yixian

Banned
Killthee said:
Not really, Yixian is in Euro land and the beta was for U.S. residents. Since he gave them a fake address (iirc), he wont be receiving squat : (

Bingo. I was eligible, but I had to register for the beta with my US PSN, which has a random address I found on the internet.

Some dude in Boston's gonna have a nice surprise.

the_id

did anybody just get disconnected? cause i just did! its annoying! and the CTF game was just about to get exciting!

Whoaness

Banned
Wait a minute...

"There will be a maintenance window from 5am to 7am PDT on Thursday to allow us to deploy a fix for the occasional/random player drops. During these player drops the community would see the total world-wide player count drop between 1000 and 1500 players -- clearly not good." - Dylan Jobe on PS forum.

Isn't this gonna happen like... soon?

Edit: Bleh old, just looked few posts up.

Whoaness

Banned
peacemountain said:
Warhawk servers already down?

Well there hasn't been too much bitching on the Warhawk PS forums. Only two people reporting unable to login... aside from them, I can't either.

Steroyd

Spreadsheet is at the bottom of the OP, last I checked.

Yay got my Jabra Headset today...how the funk do get this on your ear.

Steroyd

Clan List

If your name isn't on here then you haven't made yourself heard.

$1148 Jack you've been added to the list so if you haven't been invited either the Clan invite glitch has happened or Xater hasn't got round to it yet.

Sorry for the slow response my computer is getting slower everyday. :(

Steroyd said:
Clan List

$1148 Jack you've been added to the list so if you haven't been invited either the Clan invite glitch has happened or Xater hasn't got round to it yet.

Cool, no worries then.
Thanks for the help, and I hope to knife you in the back online :lol

nofi

Loudninja said:
Anyone else annoyed by dumbass teammates?I mean I sen these to fools on the smae team shoot at each other.

Well, if you speak like you spell it's no wonder they're not listening.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I'm doing remarkably well at this game, starting to take 1st place at the end of rounds, which never happens for me. I thank all of the people who keep landing Warhawks on my landmines and never learn to land somewhere else.

Firewire

Banned
kaching said:
I'm doing remarkably well at this game, starting to take 1st place at the end of rounds, which never happens for me. I thank all of the people who keep landing Warhawks on my landmines and never learn to land somewhere else.

:lol

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Had fun with quite a few GAF'ers last night, with Sea_Manky tearing us all a new one, repeatedly. I was proud of myself for coming in 2nd overall during one round of Zones, but that was the be the highlight for me, since I'm usually around the middle of the pack.

Finally getting used to flying the Warhawks themselves, but I prefer hit-and-run tactics on the ground instead.

icechai

Big Nate said:
Had fun with quite a few GAF'ers last night, with Sea_Manky tearing us all a new one, repeatedly. I was proud of myself for coming in 2nd overall during one round of Zones, but that was the be the highlight for me, since I'm usually around the middle of the pack.

Finally getting used to flying the Warhawks themselves, but I prefer hit-and-run tactics on the ground instead.

there's something to be said about a game that's just as much fun to use warhawk tactics as jeep/tank/infantry tactics. I think this is why I can still play CTF on the same maps even after hours and hours :lol

kanugo

Steroyd said:
Clan List

My name is there, but I'm still waiting for my invite. Euro GAF here.

Aleman

So this BT125 is my first BT headset. I haven't used it with the PS3 yet but the sound quality is pretty crappy on my cell phone... everything sounds kind of muffled. Is this par for the course or is mine defective? I am happy with the mic itself though, the person on the other end couldn't tell that I was using a headset.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
icechai said:
there's something to be said about a game that's just as much fun to use warhawk tactics as jeep/tank/infantry tactics. I think this is why I can still play CTF on the same maps even after hours and hours :lol

Seriously, I've not played a game like this before where you can get just as much done running around as a lowly infantryman as you can flying around or driving a tank. For instance, last night the team I was on had the other side pushed back into their own base to defend their flag. I stayed across the bridge from the front entrance and kept grabbing a nearby binoculars spawn to rain arty down when they amassed in front to defend. Sure I got sniped a lot but I had a blast, even getting 5 kills with one strike when I hit a tank and a jeep that were fully loaded.

All of that while Hawks screamed overhead and rained debris down on me, while my comrades ran forward to mine the bridge, drive tanks across it, etc etc.

God I love the smell of exploded Warhawk in the morning!

Whoaness

Banned
Mines are being less of a problem for me. I'm being more aware of the famous mine spots that people place them and usually I will drive my jeep slower so I don't full speed into it. People don't put effort in placing mines like on the side of the wall instead of just throwing it in the middle of the floor.

And for CTF warhawk landing to get the flag, I always take a cluster bomb to clear out everything. ^_^ The only times I don't is when someone just jacked it right in front of me.

Defuser

Whoaness said:
People don't put effort in placing mines like on the side of the wall instead of just throwing it in the middle of the floor.
EXACTLY!!! Those people are dumbass for not thinking how to place the mine in unexpected places.

The destroyed capital is the prime example of smart miners racking shitload of frags and point because they know where to placed mines where enemies wouldn't see,think and walk right straight into it.

icechai

ranking is still frozen :( On a amusing note I got first in a Sony CTF server just now and all the mic comments on the stat screen were "oh a gaffer joined" "aww a gaffer" wooo way to make a name for us all of you beta testers :D

Aleman

So what's the deal with GAFw? I was in the first GAFw but never got re-invited after it was disbanded. I miss the pretty tag.

Talamius

Update has definitely fixed the network and server joining issues. I can join 30/32 and 31/32 servers no prob now and I've yet to freeze or drop.

The game is a blast online. Definitely worth the $40 PSN download at least. Rocket turrets seem to be godly, flak turrets not so much.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Talamius said:
Update has definitely fixed the network and server joining issues. I can join 30/32 and 31/32 servers no prob now and I've yet to freeze or drop.

The game is a blast online. Definitely worth the $40 PSN download at least. Rocket turrets seem to be godly, flak turrets not so much.

Yeah, I've found flak turrets are great only when the Warhawk is really close. Even though the red square will light up when they are a ways out, I usually wait until they get closer then unleash hell. If you are right on them they'll blow up in like 3 seconds of fire. Almost worthless on ground targets, though, unless you have a long time to keep firing.

Top Bottom