• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

KTallguy

Banned
Speevy said:
I wonder if these problems which eventually led to the walkout are the real reason there's no single player in this game.

Quite possibly.
At this point, single player on foot segments would be pretty boring unless the player was given a lot more tools.

Air segments could be really fun, but I'm sure people wouldn't want a whole game full of those, right ? :p
I would

Ceb

AltogetherAndrews said:
Er, I thought the disintegration of Incog (and integration of core staff into Santa Monica studios) was common knowledge by now? It's amazing what the screw ups of the very few can mean for the very many.

Yeah, surely the Santa Monica studio contributes with more than just marketing and QA. However, it's nice to finally know the details of the Incognito breakdown.

Jtrizzy

Considering how far they supposedly got making the single player, I'm sure many of them felt their creative vision would not be carried through when the decision was made to go MP only.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So I keep getting a Network Error in every game I manage to enter. Tried 3 so far and didn't finish any of them. My stats do not update.

What did they fix exactly?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
TTP said:
So I keep getting a Network Error in every game I manage to enter. Tried 3 so far and didn't finish any of them. My stats do not update.

Try going back to the XMB, logging out of PSN, Log back in and try again.

I'm not getting *any* network errors at all anymore, and my stats are updating.

(Got my first Ribbons at last, Warhawk Recruiting and JSC!)

Vennt said:

May I have your PSN name, sir?

Also, you are not allowed to go AWOL from GAF anymore. Sorry, just can't let it happen anymore. :D

icechai

TTP said:

they fixed it so the server list is more accurate, you won't get as many server fulls. Also now rankings are registered, although a bit funky at the moment, but hey, at least I'm getting more skins for my warhawk :)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Vyse The Legend said:
May I have your PSN name, sir?

Also, you are not allowed to go AWOL from GAF anymore. Sorry, just can't let it happen anymore. :D

It's Vehnt (Some sod nicked Vennt... BAH!)

JB1981

spwolf said:
why would you say that? it is not as if we are not playing the game right now :lol
Those issues happened well before the beta :)

and warhawk is freaking amazing game, that guy seems like he wishes it isnt really but oh well.

yea and the game has been running so well online since the beta.

my reaction was more about community support more than anything else. not too optimistic about their ability to extend the life of their game after hearing about how small a team they have. i wish them all the best, though. i'm sure they are working as hard as they can

Foil

KTallguy said:
Quite possibly.

Air segments could be really fun, but I'm sure people wouldn't want a whole game full of those, right ? :p
I would

Fans of the original Warhawk would've loved to have seen the single player. The parts in the air looked fantastic when they showed it. If they would have just released a pure flight combat single player, it would have been incredible.

I love the multiplayer as much as the next guy, but man would this have been amazing to play through. I can only imagine how hard it must've been for the guys on the team who spent a long time making this stuff just to see it cut.

warhawk2.jpg

warhawk3.jpg

warhawk-1.jpg

warhawk4.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Vennt said:

Yeah my stats are now updating. Will be a busy weekend :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Foil said:
Fans of the original Warhawk would've loved to have seen the single player. The parts in the air looked fantastic when they showed it. If they would have just released a pure flight combat single player, it would have been incredible.

I love the multiplayer as much as the next guy, but man would this have been amazing to play through. I can only imagine how hard it must've been for the guys on the team who spent a long time making this stuff just to see it cut.

warhawk2.jpg

warhawk3.jpg

warhawk-1.jpg

warhawk4.jpg

Looking at those pic I kinda whish they add an Assault-like mode where teams have to defend/attack a huge battlecruiser flying (maybe even slowly moving) above a small island (respawn point for the attackers). Battles happen both outside and INSIDE the battlecruiser. Much like Star Wars Battlefront. Game ends when battle cruiser is destroyed / Time reaches zero.

Also, add bikes. Very weak, but vert fast. Great for CTF :)

I do wonder tho how much Incog can do about additional content since the team appears to be basically gone.

SSJChar

one game mode they should add is survivor or team survivor where the map is just a big room with columns, though the room is still small enough that you don't really have to go search for someone to find him. there isn't much more to my idea other than the last person standing is the survivor. no health either. i think this would make a good clan mode.

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
I do wonder tho how much Incog can do about additional content since the team appears to be basically gone.

Hasn't it been announced that Incog will be completely merged with Santa Monica ? If so, maybe they're going to redispatch ressources.

I'm not worried
yet

TTP said:

Well i'm sure they can hire new people. Just because there was a big walkout before doesn't mean there's no way Sony and the Incog won't be supporting the game.

Edit: and stats are updating? Sweet. I've been waiting for that before i really started to put in some warhawk time :D

User 406

Banned
Oh god DAMN IT.

I've loved every game Incog has made from the beginning except Downhill Domination. And I was also one of those salivating over the single player Warhawk stuff. I was kind of hoping that would have made its way into a sequel. :(

This sucks. It's like when Dream Factory died.

Oh well, at least they made the best multiplayer online game I've played in years.

Loudninja

Foil said:

warhawk2.jpg

warhawk3.jpg

warhawk-1.jpg

warhawk4.jpg

Damn those pics made me wish they did not drop single player.

spwolf

JB1981 said:
yea and the game has been running so well online since the beta.

my reaction was more about community support more than anything else. not too optimistic about their ability to extend the life of their game after hearing about how small a team they have. i wish them all the best, though. i'm sure they are working as hard as they can

well walkout happened 4 months BEFORE the beta, and beta had huge bugs that have been fixed.

who said that they have small team? they are part of santa monica now...

Bearillusion said:
Well just in case someone at Sony is listening.

I won't consider buying Warhawk until you fix the current issues the game has.

My impulse is definitely to say the same thing. However, I think I've already gotten just more 'bang for my buck' than I have out of plenty of other games in the past year [The Darkness, Forza 2, etc.]. And Warhawk might be the only game I've played over 9 hours in a row, without a break.

Of course the stats from that long session were lost. :lol

Raist

Banned
Ok guys, my server is up.

GAF_GMT(#6)
Password is GAFu's one.

I'll leave the server up from now and for GAF's meeting. (won't be able to play until 11pm GMT+1 at least)

Rotation :

Zones/CTF/TDM dogfight/Zones/TDM/CTF/DM dogfight

I'm still at home for a few hours so you can PM me if you don't know the pass. You can ask it to any GAFu member also.

TheJollyCorner said:
so I got some dirt on what's going on over at Incog.

A former employee sent me a PM here and out of respect (and his request) I will not post his name or his personal website that he added into the PM.

Mods can PM me for confirmation, but I really have no reason to make this up. After doing some digging and checking up on the references he gave me, I have no doubts in believing him.

He also gave me permission to post this, of course requesting I don't use his name:

so there you have it. He did not specify the reasons for the walk-out, but those types of scenarios are never good.

Shitty situation. I hate to see it happen to any company, but especially ones like Incognito that I've been very fond of for many years now. :(

Well that sucks. Like others have said it must have been heart breaking to rip the single player stuff out of the game, but HOLY SHIT did they succeed in creating a fun MP experience.

I've been playing online shooters since Doom 2 and Warhawk is the most fun I've had with one in years. Considering the fact I'm mostly a PC guy and there is no M+K support for the game, that is one hell of an achievement. This game fucking rocks and everyone involved should be proud!

Madman

Isn't it typically a very small team that does map packs, patches, ect. anyways? Plus they are a part of Sony Santa Monica, which has plenty of man power.

I still hold out hope for a Jet Moto mod. They have courses(Basically just parts of the current maps) and all the tools necesary to make it. It's just whether or not they have the time and energy to do it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Nice I'm Wingman now despite not having reached the 5000 points mark yet (I'm around 3500). Wont complain tho. I deserve it anyway with all those unregistered points I scored these past days :D

Greg

I'm confused with the rankings - I recall someone saying you need either the points, or the award in order to rank up, but I have quite a few of the awards finished already and I have yet to rank up past the 3rd one.

If you need both, I doubt I'll be ranking up much, as I can only get about 500 points a week seeing as how little I play.

Madman

Wollan said:
Has Incognito been officially resolved (or consumed if you wish)? I missed the pr.
Didn't the PR for ESP kind of touch on it? Plus, the studio still exists, it's just very small.

icechai

Greg said:
I'm confused with the rankings - I recall someone saying you need either the points, or the award in order to rank up, but I have quite a few of the awards finished already and I have yet to rank up past the 3rd one.

If you need both, I doubt I'll be ranking up much, as I can only get about 500 points a week seeing as how little I play.

it seems like you only rank up once everytime you join a ranked server if you have the requirements (either points or awards). Example: I have enough awards to level up a LOT, but when I join a game it saids I've been recommended to Seargent only. But after I quit for a while, and sign on to a different server, I get the next recommendation. Not sure how it works, like I said rankings are funky atm :p

Ceb

I got my first medal today. :lol The pressure against the enemy base was intense during one of the Skirmish matches on Badlands.

Raist

Banned
Put mine back up again (stupid internet crash) : GAF_GMT(#6), GAFu's password, 12pl. max.

Gotta go out soon (so it's on dedicated mode) :/

Have fun guys :D

btw, since we all keep our servers' names, try to remember to add those as favorites. I've done it for the few GAF servs I've seen up. Looking forward to add those I couldn't add yet.

Ceb

If the meetup is scheduled for 1PM PST, that's like 3 hours from now, right?

Does it make a big difference in ping whether or not the host participates in the game? I was thinking of keeping it dedicated unranked, but it would be fun to join up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
We got 6 servers for todays meet.

Rais server (GAF_GMT(#6)) is pass locked with the usual GAFu password. While the other 5 (GAF #1, GAF #2,....) should be pass locked "eveileb".

Ceb said:
If the meetup is scheduled for 1PM PST, that's like 3 hours from now, right?

Does it make a big difference in ping whether or not the host participates in the game? I was thinking of keeping it dedicated unranked, but it would be fun to join up.
It's 3 hours from now and don't worry about ping just join in.

Raist said:
Put mine back up again (stupid internet crash) : GAF_GMT(#6), GAFu's password, 12pl. max.

Gotta go out soon (so it's on dedicated mode) :/

Have fun guys :D

btw, since we all keep our servers' names, try to remember to add those as favorites. I've done it for the few GAF servs I've seen up. Looking forward to add those I couldn't add yet.

We're using temp names for the meet (GAF #1, GAF #2,....).

Raist

Banned
Killthee said:
We're using temp names for the meet (GAF #1, GAF #2,....).

oh...

Well, I was just speaking about the usual servers :p

I added one PST and one EST serv only, gotta keep an eye on the servers spreadsheet (do hosts update it when they put their serv online/offline ? checked several times but barely saw the list updated)

Anyways.

Dinner with parents in law for me, Warhawk for you guys. ... :/

I'll try to join later, have fun :)

Baker

Banned
Is it a secret, or what's the "usual GAFu" password?

Edit: By the way, I'm open to any game type suggestions for the Warhawk-a-Thon in a couple hours. I'm running GAF #4 and the game says I can support 16 people.

spwolf

Raist said:
sigh... the server full bug is certainly not fixed on SCEE's server...

it worked fine before, it seems when servers are overloaded, it doesnt work properly again... I noticed it today at peak times as well...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GAF_GMT(#2) is up

ranked (CTF/ZONES/one Dogfight in the mix)

EDIT: why isnt the GAF server spreadsheet updating? I modified it (Offline > Online) but still shows Online.

Top Bottom