• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wario Ware 2 & Yoshi's Universal Gravitation Famitsu scan

MASB

Plus the Kuru Kururin GC game! Woohoo! Yeah, the Yoshi game basically looks like Yoshi's Story. I wonder what changes have been made to the game as far as the gravitational/motion senser part.

Mario Party 6 w/ Bob Barker mic, rad stylish Sonic Team game, Made in Wario 2, freaking Kururin Squash w/ split screen race and battle modes (!!), and now a new Yoshi platformer with rad new input method?! Tonights scans are like Christmas! Even that EGG thing looks awesome!

Thank you!!!!!

"be not hard against my inner thigh, look at me not through your one eye"

WW2 looks delish. hopefully the 'swingometerTM' input wont be very gimmicky.

Socreges

Banned
The Yoshi game does look a lot like Yoshi's Story. Which I always thought was very good looking. But of course we all pray that it plays more like Yoshi's Island.

And WW2!

Yusaku

Trevelyon said:
YOSHI IS DRIVING

smbear.jpg

HOW CAN THIS BE?

Holy moly - Yoshi and Wario Ware look amazing. That Yoshi game in particular is giving me a Jungle Beat vibe, which can only be a good thing.

Man, I am really liking Nintendo's big push for new game input methods.

nubbe

I remember how I used to play with my whole body as a kid...
An indication of the revolution... childs play

Hot waxxy sex. Nintendo roxxor the house with their 2d innovations. Who ever would have imagined them releasing WW; a game with the type of quirky visuals and piracy inflected intro.

I like

Templar Wizard said:
WW2 looks delish. hopefully the 'swingometerTM' input wont be very gimmicky.

Sorta like how many thought having games only just five seconds thrown at you one after another was going to be as well?

The last Wario Ware was a masterpiece and I expect no less from this one as well.

jenov4

Oh, can't wait for the Wario Ware 2! Looks fun.

Did anyone else notice the Yoshi looks pre-rendered instead of hand drawn? Eww.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
jenov4 said:
Did anyone else notice the Yoshi looks pre-rendered instead of hand drawn? Eww.
I don't mind pre-rendered Yoshi -- Yoshi's Story was one of the most gorgeous 2D games ever released at that time, IMO (of course, the gameplay is another story).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm sick of ugly prerendered sprites in GBA games... I'd prefer a much cleaner tile-based sprite... Anybody else feel the same way?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
djtiesto said:
I'm sick of ugly prerendered sprites in GBA games... I'd prefer a much cleaner tile-based sprite... Anybody else feel the same way?

Although I do agree, I still think Yoshi looks like secks in these screens... cuz it's yoshi.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Shiggy said:
But I think they opened that gamesite last autumn!
No, it's been there forever. At least two years. In fact, I think way before Yoshi's Island was released for the GBA.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Yoshi's Universal Gravitation is definitely Yoshi's Story Advance. The team working on Yoshi's Story Advance released a demo that was Yoshi's Story in style, but wasn't a level from Yoshi's Story (N64). Takashi Tezuka then commented how the team couldn't port the game exactly. Looks like the team slowly worked with that code and they finally got something that Nintendo greenlighted.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Well it isn't a port of the N64 game, that's for sure. Somehow I doubt the Yoshi Story name will be associated with it though, regardless of any roots or similarities.

So, kuru kuru or whatever it's called is coming to GameCube this time? Everything looks great! Now if we could just get some more DS news my week would be complete.

Craig Majaski said:
So, kuru kuru or whatever it's called is coming to GameCube this time? Everything looks great! Now if we could just get some more DS news my week would be complete.
yeah thats a GC version, i believe its "Kuru Kuru Squash" or something like that?

Top Bottom