• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What are the best, normal weapons or big star weapons? are expensive and worse attack power, also have a weapon icon the normal weapons doesn't have and I don't know what means.

Big star weapons are usually more powerful, carrying +54 bonus damage to the low base damage once you use them enough to max their compatibility(which takes longer to do than normal weapons). The icon shows what class of weapon they are and any character that uses that class (like spear) can use that weapon also. Though I haven't bothered with them much to really figure out if and how they are shared.

4-star normal weapons are generally less powerful in overall stats, though I have read that it is possible to get ridiculously lucky farming them in gauntlet mode using certain skills to earn versions that max at +99 with crazy skills, but that is out of reach very endgame stuff I have not seen yet for crazy min/max players. Generally big star weapons are superior to 4-star ones in raw damage numbers normally, but take longer to build up and start off weak.

Mystic weapons are 5-star weapons that are better than both of the above and can ONLY be earned by special character challenges in unique stages. Gotta google a FAQ or guide since this game does not hint at how to find them. If you use recommended teams in missions though you may stumble on completing some challenges naturally, if you are playing hard or above difficulty. Cannot be earned on normal.

Finally there are the -X versions of weapons, that are the best in terms of raw damage, and can only be crafted by a blacksmith using special materials found in gauntlet mode. I haven't bothered making any yet, I much prefer earning mystic weapons anyway as I enjoy the exclusive challenges for each character. But you will see these available to craft as you start earning the materials in gauntlet mode.

TLDR: 4-star< Big-star< 5-star< 'X' wpns.

mcz117chief

Have you guys tried out Zhao Yun ? He has a different combo list than in DW7 and he is really really really really powerful in this game much more than in DW7 (not saying he is bad in DW7, he is actually my favourite char there), borderline op, a lot of his attacks send enemies flying and few of them even make you jump up with them, allowing for tremendous air times and air combos.

VexyWexy

The quickest and easiest way to get a powerful weapon is to run a high star level stage on Hard and use Battlefield Bonus.

You'll get 3-star and 4-star weapons that start with +70-84ish. Instant powah. They are perfect temporary weapons while you farm materials for X weapons or while leveling a character to get them strong enough to do the Mystic tasks.

ShinMaruku

Yup. That method works with most, if not all Samurai Warriors characters (or Other characters who have that same musou style, like Ryu and Momoji). It's pretty great. :lol

It's why I am now gonna sit in 100 level Misasma with my characters and farm them up to 99. Ayane has 3 promotions.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The quickest and easiest way to get a powerful weapon is to run a high star level stage on Hard and use Battlefield Bonus.

You'll get 3-star and 4-star weapons that start with +70-84ish. Instant powah. They are perfect temporary weapons while you farm materials for X weapons or while leveling a character to get them strong enough to do the Mystic tasks.

With that much base damage, you need not even bother with Mystic Weapons. Most Mystic weapons cap out at around 70-80 once at full compatibility(give or take). Kind of a bummer really that 4-star weapon drops with enough luck can end up being the best weapons in the game, especially as someone that loves the 5-star weapon challenges and wishes those were the ultimate reward. It does keep the endgame a bit more lively rather than having the progression in weapons cap out with relatively simple mystic challenges(man those used to be brutal in the PS2-era...they all have been way too easy in Musou games over the last gen of games).

VexyWexy

Yeah, it's silly. There's a trophy for getting all the Mystic weapons though so I figure some people would go after them even though they're totally obsolete.

kimtish

Neo Member
So how do you initiate conversations in the camp?

I'm trying to unlock the level with Xingcai and Kenji Maeda and neither show up in my camp for some reason.

ShinMaruku

So how do you initiate conversations in the camp?

I'm trying to unlock the level with Xingcai and Kenji Maeda and neither show up in my camp for some reason.

Try to do a mission including one of them in it then try to see them in camp. They usually just pop up as you do a mission depending on the rank you have them at.

Ken

hi i just bought this game. played up to the third mission and i need some help as a dynasty warrior beginner.

i don't really know all the techniques i can and should be doing because they kind of threw a lot at the beginning. so far i've just been hitting L2 during combos to chain into other characters a lot.

also is the musou bar the blue one? it seems to be full but when I press O musou doesnt come out :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
hi i just bought this game. played up to the third mission and i need some help as a dynasty warrior beginner.

i don't really know all the techniques i can and should be doing because they kind of threw a lot at the beginning. so far i've just been hitting L2 during combos to chain into other characters a lot.

also is the musou bar the blue one? it seems to be full but when I press O musou doesnt come out :(

Musou is the yellow bar. The blue bar is the triple attack bar. That's triggered with L2 and R2 at the same time.

shaowebb

Characters have a little notch on their musou meter...this denotes how much meter their R1 attacks will take up. Its different for each character and each character has both a standing R1 and now in Ultimate a jumping R1 attack. Some are complete game changers like Xu Shu's standing R1 creating an ENORMOUS reign of arrows that lasts a long time.

When in trouble you should go for that and it is essential for stuff like chaining together long combos on some characters if you are trying to keep juggling someone.

Some characters have an airdash. You perform this by hitting jump twice. Only character's listed as "speed" types can do this. Also folks listed as "Power" types have on their strong (triangle) attacks armor. That means it will ignore hitstun, go through someones attack, and connect.

Also your triple attack is pretty vital because its how you get gems and gems are your money and a good deal of the game's strategy is found in buying, fusing and dealing with weapon sockets at the blacksmith. All of this costs gems.

Thats about all the crucial stuff, but one thing to look out for...occassionally in the game you'll pick up an item and above your head it says "exp fever". When this happens do NOT run from enemies...you need to go absolutely fucking crazy and try to kill as many as you can because "exp fever" means every single grunt or officer you kill will drop an exp scroll. You can level a character 5 or 6 times during an exp fever in a dense crowd with some folks. If you start seeing bodies dropping scrolls back to back you may have missed the message so just start going nuts and see if you may have an exp fever. When you stop seeing scrolls...its over.

Have fun. Game is fun and great and always try out as many folks as you can and try to check out their R1 stuff.

Oh and additionally you can whistle for a horse by using the Dpad as well as call all 3 of your characters out to fight beside you at the same time and perform multiple person musou attacks.

ShinMaruku

Game is so deep and rewarding too. I really wonder if people who wrote this game off for being a warriors game woulde really like it if they saw what was in it?

Ken

Thanks.

So is the blue bar only used for triple attacks? Also some more questions I ran into while playing:

The story mission's recommended team is just there to let you see all the cutscenes? I keep swapping to recommended teams but since most of them are level 1 I have a rough time so I bumped the difficulty down to easy; am I missing stuff like XP or whatnot by not playing on normal or hard?

Is a solo musou attack better than calling out your guys and doing combined musou attack or is it different team to team?

Can you chain anything after R1 or L2? I notice I could put R1 at the end of Ma Chao or Yukimura's normal combos and it "felt" like it flowed like a single combo, but I'm wondering if you can extend after R1? Or after the multiple tag combo moves with L2 where it rotates out your entire team for that aerial juggle.

When I sprint and attack I glow white; is that a temporary damage buff?

What's up with something like Kunoichi's musou where activiting it doesn't seem to do anything until the AoE burst several seconds later? Is the actual musou attack pressing O after or something?

What do I look out for on the map? I've just been running to where people need assistance.

ShinMaruku

Made a breka through with gauntletmode formations. Now my Ayane and Misty are fire ninja witches. And Orochi just has dark pillar and being beastly about him.

This is my current Gauntlet mode set up:
Ayane,Misty,Yukimura,Ma Chao,Orochi team juggle and obliterate.

mcz117chief

Thanks.
So is the blue bar only used for triple attacks?

yeah, as far as I know

The story mission's recommended team is just there to let you see all the cutscenes? I keep swapping to recommended teams but since most of them are level 1 I have a rough time so I bumped the difficulty down to easy; am I missing stuff like XP or whatnot by not playing on normal or hard?

I think you get more dialogue but nothing special besides that, you can always look at the recommended team, go back to camp, select the team, lvl them up using the "distribute growth points" option, buy them new weapons and then go do the mission. That is how I do it.

Is a solo musou attack better than calling out your guys and doing combined musou attack or is it different team to team?

the more team members that perform the musou the better

Can you chain anything after R1 or L2? I notice I could put R1 at the end of Ma Chao or Yukimura's normal combos and it "felt" like it flowed like a single combo, but I'm wondering if you can extend after R1? Or after the multiple tag combo moves with L2 where it rotates out your entire team for that aerial juggle.

maybe, I guess it really depends on each character but some definitely can. Also, when you do a combo attack and switch out you can keep pressing the switch button (R2,L2) to do a special triple attack. You will know when you did this when the camera changes angle to be slightly above you and the 1st tag character sends enemies flying.

When I sprint and attack I glow white; is that a temporary damage buff?

yeah, I don't know that one either

What's up with something like Kunoichi's musou where activiting it doesn't seem to do anything until the AoE burst several seconds later? Is the actual musou attack pressing O after or something?

hold the button, mate, many many characters have it like that. Always hold the mosou button when performing a musou.

What do I look out for on the map? I've just been running to where people need assistance.

look for officers, objectives and ideal paths to your target, or you can press "options" button to zoom in the map to, for example, more easily identify enemy officers in crowds.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Have you guys tried out Zhao Yun ? He has a different combo list than in DW7 and he is really really really really powerful in this game much more than in DW7 (not saying he is bad in DW7, he is actually my favourite char there), borderline op, a lot of his attacks send enemies flying and few of them even make you jump up with them, allowing for tremendous air times and air combos.

Zhao Yun got a new moveset in DW7 XL, and he finally fights in a way that resembles the crazy action of the opening videos. It's quite amazing.

Exr

Is there seriously no way to whistle your horse to you anymore with select being the map toggle button? Horseshit

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is there seriously no way to whistle your horse to you anymore with select being the map toggle button? Horseshit

Up on the d-pad is the whistle button now. It works like DW8 where you hold the whistle button and automatically get on the horse.

Exr

Up on the d-pad is the whistle button now. It works like DW8 where you hold the whistle button and automatically get on the horse.
Thank you thank you, DW8 was one I skipped . Let Hanbei get away in chapter 5 twice and got pretty mad

Mohasus

I want to play as kasumi but she does almost no damage to officers. :(

At first I thought it is because she is a speed character (ayane also sucks), but Wang Yuanji does a shit ton of damage. What am I doing wrong?

I'll just keep using Ryu and abusing Izuna Drop.

mcz117chief

At first I thought it is because she is a speed character (ayane also sucks), but Wang Yuanji does a shit ton of damage. What am I doing wrong?

I main Kasumi, Ayane and Zhao Yun and they all devastate officers. Kasumi especially, since she has a mini musou attack with 3 squares and then hold triangle.

Oh hey, we finally got all the DLC that's been released for the vanilla game I think,

Can't wait for them to finally release the new stuff after SW4 comes out...

ShinMaruku

When you find her R1 you will find the beuaty of Misty and Ayane, they do insane damage when I play them. Misty is by boss killer due to r1 allowing me to juggle, I can also do a air switch attack that ends in Misty in the air where r1 does walls of Tenjin which just fucks a boss. I'll put a clip of that in a bit.

Exr

I have 5 level 99s with no prestige and miasma 80 and up is nightmare fuel. At over 100 I'm pretty much doing nothing but airdash cancels and mosou attacks to stay alive. Does over miasma 100 get more manageable with prestiged characters or is it meant to be a zone of death? Really loving gauntlet mode aside from difficulties finding exits.

ShinMaruku

I did 15 mins at misama level 120 XD
How you surivive that? You need a great crowd clearning formation and a way to keep your musou up so you can keep spamming them. You also need a weapon with destruction. How I do it is use a SW style musou where I can extend my musou long enough to kill a entire crowd. I think I will be doing a example of how to do so around 4:45 pm est today. I will try to give good answers and my team set up. I will also put it on youtube. :)

Stream up @ www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku

Quick question, can you do co-op across versions? My wife has it on Vita and I was going to get it for PS4 so we can do a set up like Hyrule Warriors. Thanks!

Exr

Can I not switch teams in gauntlet mode? I switched after clearing 4 stages and now my new team erased my previous progress. So the 5 you pick initially you are stuck with for the entire run? Dumb.

ShinMaruku

You have to unlock them. You defeat them in a stage and a item you get should say "Sworn Ally" then you go to the mystic and select them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can I not switch teams in gauntlet mode? I switched after clearing 4 stages and now my new team erased my previous progress. So the 5 you pick initially you are stuck with for the entire run? Dumb.

No, you're only stuck with them until you unlock more characters for Gauntlet. Which you do by defeating unique officers and picking up the "Sworn Ally With _______" gems that drop. Then you talk to the mystic at camp and select "Summon Allies".

EDIT: Oops, missed Shin's reply above. :lol

Oh, and also

I have 5 level 99s with no prestige and miasma 80 and up is nightmare fuel. At over 100 I'm pretty much doing nothing but airdash cancels and mosou attacks to stay alive. Does over miasma 100 get more manageable with prestiged characters or is it meant to be a zone of death? Really loving gauntlet mode aside from difficulties finding exits.

As far as finding exits goes, there's a formation you get eventually that allows you to jump straight to the exit, even if you haven't found it yet. Forget what it's called, but it's one of the blue ones.

ShinMaruku

You have to presitige some people to do well in 70 and up misasma. Just level 99 is not enough you gotta be fast and have good kit because the mooks can 1 shot you. Also when you premote you get a second ability that helps out greatly.

ShinMaruku

You should try absrobtion and osmosis and go into a huge ass group, it's great seeign Ayane go from 10% to 100% in seconds XD

Exr

Ahhh I see, thanks for the responses guys. So far the new weapon attribute that gives you imperial seal at 500 hits is a godsend for me, Zhang Jiao with infinite mosou is wrecking fools in gauntlet mode. Are you guys using the weapon attributes that provide stat boosts at a cost of health/speed/defence etc? Do they only serve to make the game harder?

Top Bottom