• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

ShinMaruku

Oh hell yes. Time to play around. Also Shinmaruku is using Bao Sanniang to get some sick combos. Pretty clever setup he's using.

Yup Bao Sanniang may suck in most aspects but when you use her combos in a cancel you can rack up some impress attack numbers.

I mainly use her to build the team super Meter with her mousou after using the team super, if you have enough people around you and do the mousou after the team super finish you can get a full bar or even get it to 70% to use it again quickly.

Her mousou is a grab and gather mousou so it keeps your combos rather high. If done correctly and you can get over 1k hits on live people you should have a full team bar. Sometimes you just need to experiment. Will be doing some guantletmod at 9:20 EST for those who want to join in or watch. :)

Only being able to accept 5 requests at a time sucks, seems completely designed to pad out the grind for extra grindiness. Is this where all the new accessories come from, because I got a few as rewards, but every request I have open now just gives orbs.

shaowebb

So right now who would you guys list as your top 5 "go to" cast? This is not a "gauntlet mode team" question...just who are your top 5 go to cast.

For me.
  1. Nemea
  2. Xu Shu
  3. Ryu Hayabusa
  4. Zhou Tai
  5. Nagamasa Asai

Still haven't unlocked all the new folks though nor have I re-unlocked all the old returning cast yet since my old save was on a 360. That means I haven't tried all the R1's yet.

Those are my current Go To get shit done cast. Cao Ren occassionally rotates through as well. What are yours?

Hystzen

Sakon Shima
Ryu hayabusa
Zhang Liao
Zhou tai
Masamune Date

Swords n guns

Zhang Liao odd one out but he is monster of Wu

VexyWexy

Achilles
Nu Wa
Wang Yuanji
Yueying
Sun Wukong

That would probably be my Chaos mode team. Right now I'm messin around with all the new people and people I usually ignore.

shaowebb

My wife lacks an account so I'll post her go to 5

Yoshitsune Minamoto
Liu Shan
Ne Zha
Ranmaru Mori
Xiahou Ba

She calls it her "get shit done" group. She also replaces Liu Shan regularly with Sima Yi. It all depends whether she wants the spread lasers or if she wants the whole "run away turn and kamehameha" from Liu Shan.

At this precise moment I using Zhurong for chaos mode weapon getting. She along with Wang Juanji, Ling Tong and Guan Suo are my weapons collectors since I feel that they don't need agility so I use that slot for prosperity. Everyone else gets rotated out on the basis of who needs their weapons built up.

In Gauntlet mode I've got my newbie team of Momiji, Xu Shu, Nezha (Human), Sophitia and Sterkenburg. Maybe once I feel I've gotten on with them a bit more I'll start rotating in other new guys or some of my preferred old character but I like each of these characters anyway.

I have to say, I'm not really feeling Kasumi though. Maybe I'm missing something in her moveset but I don't like her charge moves, R1 specials (the ground on at least, I can't remember what her aerial R1 is) or her musou attack.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
At this precise moment I using Zhurong for chaos mode weapon getting. She along with Wang Juanji, Ling Tong and Guan Suo are my weapons collectors since I feel that they don't need agility so I use that slot for prosperity. Everyone else gets rotated out on the basis of who needs their weapons built up.

In Gauntlet mode I've got my newbie team of Momiji, Xu Shu, Nezha (Human), Sophitia and Sterkenburg. Maybe once I feel I've gotten on with them a bit more I'll start rotating in other new guys or some of my preferred old character but I like each of these characters anyway.

I have to say, I'm not really feeling Kasumi though. Maybe I'm missing something in her moveset but I don't like her charge moves, R1 specials (the ground on at least, I can't remember what her aerial R1 is) or her musou attack.

I started liking Kasumi more when I figured out that you have to hold down her C4 for maximum effect. But yeah, in general, she's not too great.

ShinMaruku

For Misty I think you should be using her special cancel where they knocks them up in the air so you can start a free combo on the guys in the air or use her juggles to cancel in and out of. She takes some finesse. I do love her R1 where she just grabs your ass and throws you up.

My top 5:

Xu Shu
Xing Cai
Nu Wa
Zhen Ji
Nene

Occasional switch-in:
Cai Wenji
Wang Yi

Also for anyone that doesn't know yet, the weapon skill Alacrity doesn't actually give the speed boost effect but rather "500 combo = full HP/Musou to the team".

I'm just plowing through Gauntlet mode with Xu Shu w/ Aggression, Alacrity, frenzy+10, blast+10 and he is invincible. His r1 (since it can reach xnumber of combo easily) guarantees the activation of Aggression + Alacrity meaning he gets an atk x2 and you don't have to worry about losing health.

Basically Alacrity is a better Osmosis/Absorption if you can reach 500 combo.

ShinMaruku

How'd you unlock the Green Ranger and a Pokemon Trainer?
Well his white ranger ninja form is in this game. To find out who Tommy is in WO3 which character has Affinity with a falcon? As for Misty, well find out her Japanese name and you will know how I call that. But yes the green ranger and a pokemon trainer are in this game. Making it my GOTY
I'd be so hype if Green Ranger was in this game :D
His white ranger for is in it.

Revan

My top 5 (right now cause I'm just screwing around with the story mode)

Ryu Hayabusa (prestiged 6 times)
Ayane
Kasumi
Rachel
Momiji

#TeamGaiden

mcz117chief

So far (I have barely unlocked half of the characters) in no specific order:

1) Minamoto Yoshitsune
2) Ryu Hayabusa
3) Rachel
4) Ranmaru Mori
5) Zhou Tai

the list will change once I unlock Momiji, Kasumi and Zhao Yun.

My top 5 (right now cause I'm just screwing around with the story mode)

Ryu Hayabusa (prestiged 6 times)
Ayane
Kasumi
Rachel
Momiji

#TeamGaiden

I would only switch Ayane for Zhao Yun :)

Sometimes that happens. When I was streaming had no sound.

Have you noticed that people that watch the streams can influence the game ? It is a pretty cool idea which I haven't seen anywhere else.

So there's a bunch of the old WO3 DLC up for the Vita version now (costume packs and stage packs) and they're all free. Not sure if it's an error or not, so if you have the Vita version, grab 'em now!

Are you sure they are free cause of a mistake or because you get them for free cause you already bought them once before for WO3?

I saw those DLC on the web store and they all had a price to them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Are you sure they are free cause of a mistake or because you get them for free cause you already bought them once before for WO3?

I saw those DLC on the web store and they all had a price to them.

Oh, really? Hm. that's an odd way to do cross-buy. But yeah, looks like I'm wrong!

Oh, really? Hm. that's an odd way to do cross-buy. But yeah, looks like I'm wrong!

Sadly, that's probably the best way Koei Tecmo has gotten the cross-buy DLC to work, by making the DLC free for the Vita/PS4 version if you already bought it.

It was a mess for DW8CE. Most of the time, you had to redownload the DW8 DLC just so PSN can recognize you actually bought it and let you download the Vita/PS4 versions for free.

ShinMaruku

Have you noticed that people that watch the streams can influence the game ? It is a pretty cool idea which I haven't seen anywhere else.
This is the first game where it works. Tomb Raider had is too but never works. But works in this. I use it to cheat sometimes. I spawn more people to fill out my mousou.

Guymelef

Umm, what are this character faces in officer info screen?
Two together
20140925021212o2jfc.png

Separate and "empty"
20140925021156fck9f.png

None and "empty"
2014092502120353jpr.png

Umm, what are this character faces in officer info screen?

If you have all of them in your party in a square and you activate a triple rush (pressing character switch after a charge attack), you can activate a special move with them, depending on who you start with.

For example, you start with Wang Yuanji and it goes Zhurong -> Nene -> back to Wang Yuanji.

The blank ones are for the characters you haven't unlocked yet.

Guymelef

If you have all of them in your party in a square and you activate a triple rush (pressing character switch after a charge attack), you can activate a special move with them, depending on who you start with.

For example, you start with Wang Yuanji and it goes Zhurong -> Nene -> back to Wang Yuanji.

The blank ones are for the characters you haven't unlocked yet.

Cool.

PepperedHam

Been playing with Zhou Tai since he was my favorite in Dynasty Warriors 4 (my brother and I worked our asses off as kids trying to get Dawn/Dusk) and damn I love him.

Speaking of which, it has definitely been awhile since I played a Dynasty/Samurai Warriors game and because of that I am extremely hazy on who some of these characters are and what their backstories are. Am I missing out on any little nods between or from characters in this game? Kind of tempted to pick up DW8 when I can to get the skinny on some of these characters.

shaowebb

After playing Hyrule Warriors I have to say I would really like the ability to lock on target officers. It makes it a LOT better using folks with long dashes because you never drop the combo by moving to fast to correct the camera and aim at the enemy. Sooooooo much easier to do tricky stuff with that lockon option for officers.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
After playing Hyrule Warriors I have to say I would really like the ability to lock on target officers. It makes it a LOT better using folks with long dashes because you never drop the combo by moving to fast to correct the camera and aim at the enemy. Sooooooo much easier to do tricky stuff with that lockon option for officers.

One Piece Musou 2 has that. It's really nice.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have finally made Misasma level become nothing but a slight annoyance in guantlet mode with using osmosis and life steal and Ayane's musou where I just part of the bar then keep comboing in musou to refil the bar allowing me to have functionally infinite musou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ8W4cZStaU
Example Video here.

Yup. That method works with most, if not all Samurai Warriors characters (or Other characters who have that same musou style, like Ryu and Momoji). It's pretty great. :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

This game sort of has that. It's defaulted to off in options, but set target lock to auto instead of 'normal' and now anytime you tag a boss or officer, hitting the block button will immediately reorient you to face him. You can even hold block down and kind of have a target lock(not the same as zelda, but way more helpful than normal). It's a game changer for not just having immediate reaction to blocking and keeping officers always in sight, but also for setting up poke or thrusting attacks without whiffing.

Seriously people ALWAYS check game options! It really is crazy this wasn't on by default, and I doubt most people are even aware.

shaowebb

This game sort of has that. It's defaulted to off in options, but set target lock to auto instead of 'normal' and now anytime you tag a boss or officer, hitting the block button will immediately reorient you to face him. You can even hold block down and kind of have a target lock(not the same as zelda, but way more helpful than normal). It's a game changer for not just having immediate reaction to blocking and keeping officers always in sight, but also for setting up poke or thrusting attacks without whiffing.

Seriously people ALWAYS check game options! It really is crazy this wasn't on by default, and I doubt most people are even aware.

O_O This changes everything...

Guymelef

What are the best, normal weapons or big star weapons? are expensive and worse attack power, also have a weapon icon the normal weapons doesn't have and I don't know what means.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
O_O This changes everything...

It really does, almost to the point that this thread should really have the joke subtitle changed in the name to 'SET TARGETTING TO AUTO FIRST!'. My face melted when I made the switch myself.

Top Bottom