• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

ShinMaruku

Last version was only digital too. PS4 got the print to sell copies on ps4. They know the ps3 people would gobble it up

Hollycat

I just got Agression and boltwind on XuShu. I don't think I should play as him anymore...
There is apparently such a thing as Too OP for Chaos mode.

mcz117chief

.... where in the world do you live?

Czech Republic, the only other copy is almost 200km away and it will arive there on the 25th :D

edit: nah, I just checked, they have that 1 piece available now.

edit2: The store where I bought my copy doesn't even have the game in the catalogue anymore, they probably only ordered 1 copy and don't plan to order another :)

VexyWexy

Starting to wonder if we're just never going to get any of the new DLC. I really want some of those costume packs. =/

DLC is always super slow with Warrior games, I wouldn't worry too much.

Is there any logic to the Weapon crafting materials in gauntlet mode? Like, do you get an officer's specific materials by defeating them, or is it just random?

Starting to wonder if we're just never going to get any of the new DLC. I really want some of those costume packs. =/

It's KOEI. We'll be lucky if we get them all before Samurai Warriors 4 comes out.

DLC is always super slow with Warrior games, I wouldn't worry too much.

Is there any logic to the Weapon crafting materials in gauntlet mode? Like, do you get an officer's specific materials by defeating them, or is it just random?

Raise up your miasma levels and then defeat whichever officer you are aiming for to craft a weapon for, to get the first half of the materials. The second half is basically random, sadly.

system11

Have they use the same hateful depth of field blur as DW8? I got that game for my birthday and played it for less than 5 minutes due to that effect. Apparently it was patched in Japan but last I checked in Europe ... nope.

ShinMaruku

I admit I got a laugh when that happened.

Yup it's great. Wait till you see the later dlc missions they milk things like this. My fave dlc mission is making Yoshitsune get used to women since Ayane's way of dress unsettles him. How they do it? Benkei makes armies of women for him and Dong Zuo and Hideyoshi's pervy selves come and it's too much.

Xander51

Have they use the same hateful depth of field blur as DW8? I got that game for my birthday and played it for less than 5 minutes due to that effect. Apparently it was patched in Japan but last I checked in Europe ... nope.

No they haven't. That effect in DW8 was also patched in the US, I would be surprised if Europe didn't get it. It's a toggle you have to set manually in the options menu. You're missing out on a great game!

ShinMaruku

Oh man this game, so good. I have found a way to instantly refill my Team combo bar with 3 cancels using Zhaou Yun,Tommy and Ayane. I am about to start planning my endgame teams set up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know, I'm over 200 hours in (vanilla WO3 + Ultimate) and I still have no idea how people use some of these SW characters. Like, even when a DW character is bad, they usually have some kind of redeeming quality. But bad SW characters are just useless. Don't get me wrong, a lot of my favorite characters are SW characters. Nene, Nobunaga, Kunoichi, Ranmaru, Mitsuhide, Aya, Ina, Ginchiyo, all really good, really fun characters. But man...I don't know how anyone uses Okuni or Goemon or Yoshimoto or Muneshige or...well, several others. And like, even among the SW characters I like, there's problems. For instance, Nobunaga's musou. I don't think I've ever seen a more useless musou. Gah.

I think it probably comes mostly from the fact that WO is more of a DW game than a SW game, so the SW characters feel more out of place with their fighting styles and moves.

Okuni - R1 Spam, then C5 snipe to recover musou. Her C3-3-3 is also her least terrible charge. Being a wonder type is basically a boon for her too.

Goemon - C1-1-1 is like a triple elemental charge. Spam that day in and day out.

Yoshimoto - C5 snipe or C4-4-4 with Iron Gauntlets works. Having a healing R1 helps too. Being a tech type means he can side-step cancel hjinks

Muneshige - A power type means he can tank his heart out. His charges are pretty average but C4 or C5 works well. C8 is good for attacking all around him.

Most characters are pretty usable, just involves nifty usage with items and what type they are. Don't think there's a character that I don't like using.

VexyWexy

I haven't cared about Okuni since they took out her ability to float Mary Poppins style.

Speaking of movesets, how great is Kyubi's? Soooo much fun. Her R1's kinda stink but her basics and C's are awesome. With her and Hundun being so badass they may want to redesign Orochi. Dude kinda looks like a chump in comparison.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I haven't cared about Okuni since they took out her ability to float Mary Poppins style.

Speaking of movesets, how great is Kyubi's? Soooo much fun. Her R1's kinda stink but her basics and C's are awesome. With her and Hundun being so badass they may want to redesign Orochi. Dude kinda looks like a chump in comparison.

They must have given it back, because that's her air R1 now. :lol

system11

No they haven't. That effect in DW8 was also patched in the US, I would be surprised if Europe didn't get it. It's a toggle you have to set manually in the options menu. You're missing out on a great game!

Finally! Thanks.

I'd actually played it a lot on the PS3 already. Just tried it properly though and ... how is the frame rate as bad or worse than the PS3 one....!?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just finished Chapter 4 in Story mode and hit the credits sequence. I suppose this is where the vanilla game ended making Chapters 5-8 entirely new content exclusive to the Ultimate edition.

Just crazy considering how long it took me to finish the first half of the game(40 hours at least, though I did start collecting lots of mystic weapons during that time) and I still have a crazy amount of optional bonus levels still waiting for me to play to get even more characters plus the continuation of the story.

This is one massive game. Haven't even tried the other modes like Gauntlet yet(read its best to wait till after story mode anyway to have more powered up heroes).

It seems that the whole trophy issue just got a fix, because I went to look at my trophies and it said after a few seconds of syncing that there was an error that disconnected me from the server, and I had to refresh it. So I did that and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate showed up with PS4 trophies, and any that I earned were all present and accounted for.

Ah, I see it was already reported. Well, it's good to see they're accessible now on the PS4.

DTJAAAAM

Finally unlocked everyone in Gauntlet Mode. Seemed like you had to use the "DLC" missions to even have a chance of unlocking the Ultimate-exclusive characters. Still hooked though, and will likely try to get all the achievements.

shaowebb

Fun fact...I accidently SKIPPED the tutorial on Gauntlet mode. My wife and I have been struggling like crazy in there.

We JUST NOW learned that if you hit R3 you get formation attacks. She has unlocked around 9 stages so far battling through without either of us knowing how the fuck to use the formation gauge or formation skills at all.

Fucking pity us. This mode is hard. Also use Kanbei. Even if he's only average in a players hands he CONSTANTLY goes to 4 orbs and summons those giant fists in this mode to buy you a lot of room. He also fucking WRECKS those wolves that are so small they go under most attacks. So far Kanbei being used by AI, Xu Shu, and Sima Yi are the allstars of this mode. Xu Shu should be mandatory. His arrow storm is needed to buy you enough time to use dragonportals. Simply aim him at the portal, hit R1 and stand safely in the arrows holding L1 to activate the portal.

Mode is hard. Just go in at a rush to hit portals and chests. If you run too much you end up at a point where you will get over ran. Use team musous a lot and learn about how far you can make it without needing to fight before getting over ran. Mode is amazing. Can't wait to fucking use R3 and get some revenge.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Best feeling is sitting there trashing crowds and then realizing you've been around Misama Lv. ~80 for a while. Cao Cao + Osmosis + Musou/air R1 wrecks the shit outta Gauntlet.

shaowebb

Best feeling is sitting there trashing crowds and then realizing you've been around Misama Lv. ~80 for a while. Cao Cao + Osmosis + Musou/air R1 wrecks the shit outta Gauntlet.

We thought we were about to unlock Cao Cao, but after beating the stage it didn't give us any of the officers that time :(

Hope we get him soon. Sounds like he will be really good. So far Sima Yi, Kanbei, and Xu Shu are carrying this team.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
We thought we were about to unlock Cao Cao, but after beating the stage it didn't give us any of the officers that time :(

Hope we get him soon. Sounds like he will be really good. So far Sima Yi, Kanbei, and Xu Shu are carrying this team.

You know you have to pick up the "Sworn Ally with _______" items that defeated officers drop to unlock them, correct?

Also, I'm on my second run-through of Gauntlet and I still haven't seen Xu Shu once. :lol

shaowebb

You know you have to pick up the "Sworn Ally with _______" items that defeated officers drop to unlock them, correct?

Also, I'm on my second run-through of Gauntlet and I still haven't seen Xu Shu once. :lol

Skipped the tutorial. Remember we just now discovered by watching youtube how friggin formation meter and moves worked lol. Yeah we didn't get any drops. Somehow my starting cast had the option of Xu Shu. I chose when I started to use Xu Shu, Wang Yuanji, Abe no Seime, Kanbei, and Yoshitsune Minamoto. Not a bad team except Wang Yuanji had no knockback and though she hits a wide area in this mode she's not fit for the sheer aggressive nature of Gauntlet mode. Also Abe no Seime, while good for range, didn't do much vs the enemy and his musou was worthless. His main skill was being able to outrun the enemy till folks could respawn.

Tossed them for Sima Yi and Magoichi Saika. Magoichi gets one of the special Musous with Kanbei that lasts longer and is pretty good overall for stuff with his rifle storms so he was great.

By the way , is their a list anywhere of all 50 of the special musou teams in the game? I know of Kanbei and Magoichi, but none of the rest.

PepperedHam

Haven't played a game in the franchise since Dynasty Warriors 4 and after picking this up today I am having a blast. Forgot how much fun I have with these games. Just need to pick up an extra dualshock 4 so I can hit up some co-op with my brother like old times.

For some reason the fact that there are more people on screen make the game difficulty much more higher than on PS3 ( playing on PS4 ) even normal difficulty is not the walk on the park i was used to.

I like it.
For the first time since i'm playing i really feel like there is a threat on me when playing on normal

shiroryu

Wonder if Koei will release this on PC, it'd be the GOAT. Have the original WO3 on PS3 but the recent release of DW8XL gives me hope.

shaowebb

So...anyone know of any team musous that are special like The Kanbei and Magoichi Saika special cinematic musou? There are supposed to be 50 and I'm struggling to locate them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So...anyone know of any team musous that are special like The Kanbei and Magoichi Saika special cinematic musou? There are supposed to be 50 and I'm struggling to locate them.

What do you mean cinematic musous? Do you mean the unique switch combos (charge attack -> mash R2 or L2)? 'Cause there's 50 of those. I just did a team musou with Kanbei and Magoichi and there wasn't anything special about it. That happens whenever you have two SW characters do a team musou.

shaowebb

What do you mean cinematic musous? Do you mean the unique switch combos (charge attack -> mash R2 or L2)? 'Cause there's 50 of those. I just did a team musou with Kanbei and Magoichi and there wasn't anything special about it. That happens whenever you have two SW characters do a team musou.

Oh okay. I didn't know that. I just saw a special cinematic and it lasted longer than normal and thought that this is what that talk was about that involved the 50 team moves. So its just the switch combos that have the 50 unique things? Who gets those then?

Also fun trick with Samurai Warriors cast in Gauntlet mode. If you have a musou with a SW cast member and they don't move around a lot.then you can hold L1 on a dragonportal DURING their musou and you will be immune from Knockback. Folks like Yoshitsune Minamoto can just sit on top of the portal holding their musou because they dont move and gain the invulnerability and since he's SW he can hold the L1 as well to use the portal whilst staying safe. This is a good reason why our team has both Xu Shu and Yoshitsune Minamoto. If Yoshitsune dies, I'll go to my second best option of arrow storming over the portal and dive in...just gotta be damn sure I do it right though because if I leave an opening for wolves or some shit Xu Shu will get knocked down. I don't know if this works for DW cast that don't move during their musou though because their attacks are different and just sort of one big attack unlike the SW cast whose musous require you to hold the button. It might not read the L1 for DW cast...it sure does for SW though!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Top Bottom