• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate |OT| Releasing Before Capcom Sues For A Game With Cameos

sensui-tomo

Got this game thanks to glitch

its pretty hard so far. cant get around the maps quick enough to save key people

any tips?

there are some people you just cant save(if the mission continues) you'll find ways to save them later on, but welcome, and if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
there are some people you just cant save(if the mission continues) you'll find ways to save them later on, but welcome, and if you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask

Oh, right, it's been forever since I've played the first mission. Yeah FoxDie, if people are dying and it DOESN'T result in a game over? It's supposed to happen.

Yeah it was the ones dying and ending the mission that I was having probs with.

TY for tips. I went fast with horse. Also didn't realize you can Save in-battle which helps a lot.

cwistofu

If I bought the DW3 costumes for PS3 Warriors Orochi 3 vanilla, do I have to pay for it again for the Vita version of WO3U? If I click on the DLC on my download list, it directs me to tthe WO3U DLC page but tells me to add to cart.

baekshi

Banned
If I bought the DW3 costumes for PS3 Warriors Orochi 3 vanilla, do I have to pay for it again for the Vita version of WO3U? If I click on the DLC on my download list, it directs me to tthe WO3U DLC page but tells me to add to cart.

I think what you do is add the PS3 version DLC (which should free) and buy them. Then the Vita versions will appear free.

correct me if im wrong

cwistofu

I think what you do is add the PS3 version DLC (which should free) and buy them. Then the Vita versions will appear free.

correct me if im wrong

Huh. The Stage Pack 1 and 2 show up for free, but the two costume packs don't. I wonder what's going on.

This game sort of has that. It's defaulted to off in options, but set target lock to auto instead of 'normal' and now anytime you tag a boss or officer, hitting the block button will immediately reorient you to face him. You can even hold block down and kind of have a target lock(not the same as zelda, but way more helpful than normal). It's a game changer for not just having immediate reaction to blocking and keeping officers always in sight, but also for setting up poke or thrusting attacks without whiffing.

Seriously people ALWAYS check game options! It really is crazy this wasn't on by default, and I doubt most people are even aware.

Up on the d-pad is the whistle button now. It works like DW8 where you hold the whistle button and automatically get on the horse.

Great tips! thanks

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So I take it you unlock characters by just playing through the Story mode? I've played a few DW games so it's weird to just have 3 to start. I wanted to play as girls :(

So I take it you unlock characters by just playing through the Story mode? I've played a few DW games so it's weird to just have 3 to start. I wanted to play as girls :(

Yes, but you pretty much get like multiple characters per stage you complete for a good chunk of story mode at the start.

For example, by the end of chapter 1, you will have about 30 playable characters to choose from just by doing the story stages only.

Xenoflare

I'm noticing a lot of sound effect problems (missing sound effects when attacking enemies), any one else? (Vita)

Appreantly the Japanese version is on 1.06 and yet I'm at 1.00.

Amaya

Banned
Got this for 5 bucks on vita. Holy shit! I Love it! Gunna get for PS4 brand new to support the franchise. I had forgotten how much fun these games were. I was just wondering, can I transfer Vita save to PS4? Now I'm excited to play all current warriors games. I plan on getting a Wii-U later down the line. Is the Zelda one as good?

Might be a dumb question but how do I save? I failed a mission and the game brought me back before I leveled some characters up and fused some weapons.

shaowebb

Might be a dumb question but how do I save? I failed a mission and the game brought me back before I leveled some characters up and fused some weapons.

You need to make certain to manually save before entering battle from the base if you fuse up a bunch of stuff or drop a load of growth points anywhere. If you don't win a battle it doesn't save anything. Many was the character who deleveled after a "growth spurt" because they failed to win their following battle.

You need to make certain to manually save before entering battle from the base if you fuse up a bunch of stuff or drop a load of growth points anywhere. If you don't win a battle it doesn't save anything. Many was the character who deleveled after a "growth spurt" because they failed to win their following battle.

Yeah I just figured out how by going to the options.

Audioboxer

Picked this up, complete newbie to the series and Dynasty Warrior games in general. A bit overwhelmed with everything but I'm having fun!

Any beginner tips?

Picked this up, complete newbie to the series and Dynasty Warrior games in general. A bit overwhelmed with everything but I'm having fun!

Any beginner tips?

Don't worry about using the characters the game recommends for each story mode stage, just use whoever interests you.

Remember you can always save in the middle of the battle, so do not be afraid to abuse it.

Just have fun and experiment I guess.

Exr

Any beginner tips?
At level 20 a character gets all their moves, so I just pump growth points into em till they hit 20. Then I try em out to see if I like them.

Audioboxer

Don't worry about using the characters the game recommends for each story mode stage, just use whoever interests you.

Remember you can always save in the middle of the battle, so do not be afraid to abuse it.

Just have fun and experiment I guess.

At level 20 a character gets all their moves, so I just pump growth points into em till they hit 20. Then I try em out to see if I like them.

Robso

Never played a game in the series, nor games featuring the characters, intrigued by what I see in gameplay... worth it for a total newcomer? :p

PepperedHam

Never played a game in the series, nor games featuring the characters, intrigued by what I see in gameplay... worth it for a total newcomer? :p
You won't get as much backstory or info on the characters themselves (but honestly even when you do you tend to forget about it anyway in favor of their movesets) so yeah actually I would say this is worth it for a total newcomer. I've been playing a bit of all three current Musou games on the PS4 (DW8, SW4, and WO3) and so far I have found this one to be the most fun despite having older character movesets. The character switching system is too fun to pass up honestly. The combo possibilities that it allows are a blast.

Can't really go wrong with any of the current Musou games IMO though. They all have their own quirks and systems that make them all feel a little bit different. I started with WO3U after a many year hiatus with the Musou games so I say go for it.

shaowebb

Got Nemea's Mystic Weapon and promoted him. Now he can equip 4 items to a battle and his base attack is 64. Loaded him with all the stuff I could for his special attack and now aerial R1 one shots all officers. Straight up beast mode running this guy with the item that lets him jump cancel out of out stuff...everything now ends in aerial R1 :D

Robso

You won't get as much backstory or info on the characters themselves (but honestly even when you do you tend to forget about it anyway in favor of their movesets) so yeah actually I would say this is worth it for a total newcomer. I've been playing a bit of all three current Musou games on the PS4 (DW8, SW4, and WO3) and so far I have found this one to be the most fun despite having older character movesets. The character switching system is too fun to pass up honestly. The combo possibilities that it allows are a blast.

Can't really go wrong with any of the current Musou games IMO though. They all have their own quirks and systems that make them all feel a little bit different. I started with WO3U after a many year hiatus with the Musou games so I say go for it.

Thanks for responding. Didn't remember to check this thread before now.

Exr

On my second playthrough of Gauntlet mode, doing the yellow crystal stages. I have my guys all around prestige 3 or 4 level 70 and regular ass peons are able to one shot me at stages with 5 stars or above. Crazy.

Started the gauntlet mode as well , if you don't pay attention to your surrondings , you can have death quicker than in extreme dificulty ... , this is indeed crazy... thankfully the growth points are really easy to get .. so i guess it's time to powerlevel everyone.

shaowebb

Gauntlet mode requires very very careful strategy in team building. Its not about clearing enemies so much as getting to and holding a dragongate long enough to activate it. This means you need cast with good long stun effects.

Xu Shu and his arrow storm is great for this. The lockdown it provides cheaply allows you to activate portals.

Also I tend to have some kill shot cast in play. Nemea can easily make his aerial R1 Javelin throw kill generals in one shot in normal Musou. If he is someone you got he is great to toss in as an addition to tank...especially since he launchers easily and can create juggle scenarios to help you prolong your time safe from the tough as nails enemies. Another one is Yoshitsune Minamoto. His ability to shoot bullets as a musou, coupled with his speed and power makes him pretty solid as a tank/all arounder in this mode.

Also area effect is MUCH needed. I've used Sima Yi, and Kanbei to great success. Both have large area affecting attacks and unlike some folks like Wang Yuanji who has area affects they also do decent knockback and stun. Wang Yuanji is a god in normal modes but her lack of stun and knockback in gauntlet makes her get killed far too quickly to rely on easily for me.

Its all in the hit and run. You need folks to cover large areas with attacks and knockback to create openings for your heavy hitters. They're like an offensive line opening up holes in the enemy army defense. Then you need tanks and high damage folk to exploit those openings and finally some folks who can stun long enough to hold position to allow for dragongate activation. That simple...hard part is unlocking characters while in this mode.

oh and DO NOT FORGET that you have special moves in this mode like tornado shooting and such. This mode grants additional offensive abilities and you need to learn to use them. Some even reveal the exit location!

shaowebb

Found out to get Hundun I need to go all in on Gauntlet mode. I'm trying to find a list online of all the formations and skills you can have and what they do in that mode, but I'm coming up empty. Anyone here got a link or list?

Specifically I need the find dragonportals skill so bad it hurts. With that found I can start grabbing officers and then running toward the exit to recruit them.

shaowebb

If ya need help I can join ya got all the formations.

I got leveled guys and formations and I'm still summoning dudes. I'm actually inches away from unlocking Nemea in one battle and if I get him that dude has been promoted 6 times already and will destroy.

My problem is there is one very specific formation I need and since I started with Taigong Wong I can't recruit him to get it. This is a formation that immediately takes you to the dragon portal. I need the Solstice formation. Dragon Eye, Eagle Eye and Demon Eye are supposed to be good, but Solstice...well its instantly a way to take me to the portal. If I got Solstice I can clear Gauntlet mode fast so I can get Hundun unlocked and have all the cast.

ShinMaruku

I got leveled guys and formations and I'm still summoning dudes. I'm actually inches away from unlocking Nemea in one battle and if I get him that dude has been promoted 6 times already and will destroy.

My problem is there is one very specific formation I need and since I started with Taigong Wong I can't recruit him to get it. This is a formation that immediately takes you to the dragon portal. I need the Solstice formation. Dragon Eye, Eagle Eye and Demon Eye are supposed to be good, but Solstice...well its instantly a way to take me to the portal. If I got Solstice I can clear Gauntlet mode fast so I can get Hundun unlocked and have all the cast.
I can get solstic real easy. Just need to run the last layer. I can get the other ones too. Are you on ps4? We can coop it up. :)

shaowebb

I can get solstic real easy. Just need to run the last layer. I can get the other ones too. Are you on ps4? We can coop it up. :)

Nope...PS3. I haven't bothered with Next Gen yet. Not until Koei goes exclusive and doesn't keep pumping out PC. Any clue of who I can try to find, defeat, and recruit besides Taigong Wong to gain Solstice?

ShinMaruku

Just need to finish the last layer for Solstice, you get it either first time you escape hundun or after the second time.
Edit this game is cross play we can try to play still. I forgot.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Do PS3 saves work for the Vita version? I don't feel like unlocking anything so I downloaded a complete PS3 save file. Is it possible to put it on my Vita? If so, how?

sensui-tomo

Do PS3 saves work for the Vita version? I don't feel like unlocking anything so I downloaded a complete PS3 save file. Is it possible to put it on my Vita? If so, how?

just to let you know, you'll never get trophies with that save and youll have to have a copy of the ps3 game in order to do the transfer(hell i think you'll also have to find one of those save editors since save file transfering with a downloaded save might be locked too)

shaowebb

Been running gauntlet mode for a bit. I was looking for Solstice formation at first but now I'm just having fun and enjoying the ride more than focusing on making it to HunDun to unlock the last guy. I'm actually back into the unlocking thrill because you have to unlock folks in Gauntlet mode by facing them and defeating them! Been having a blast. Trying to get my 5 time promoted Nemea unlocked but he doesn't show up much.

I also found out that after awhile it'll ask if you want to start over and if you say yes you end up with a TON of the normal red keystones and a single keystone of the rare colors. Apparently thats how you get those keystones for those other stages! Thats gonna take a lot of retreading to unlock all the stages.

This ride never ends :)

ShinMaruku

Like I said before I can do some coo-op with you and get some some of those formations and what not just need to let me know when. Cross play FTW.

shaowebb

Aaaaand got Hundun. I still see a lot of stages to unlock in gauntlet mode and I know I can just sort of reset the dungeons to get the colored keystones I need to start doin all that, but is there anything different to it aside from maybe more character unlocks in that mode?

I think I may have finally finished Orochi 3 Utimate with this last achievement. Hyrule Warriors is beaten too. Debating whether I should buy Gundam Reborn or hold off for Samurai 4-2 now...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Just started playing this... quick question-

Is there a way to turn off the annoying camera angle whenever you perform a special? Whenever I do a combo move, the camera goes up in the air and points straight down at my character then returns to over the shoulder once the move is finished.

It makes controlling the game an absolute pain in the ass.

Just started playing this... quick question-

Is there a way to turn off the annoying camera angle whenever you perform a special? Whenever I do a combo move, the camera goes up in the air and points straight down at my character then returns to over the shoulder once the move is finished.

It makes controlling the game an absolute pain in the ass.

I don't think you can

Top Bottom