• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Kickstarter project by inXile entertainment [Ended, $3 Million Funded]

I don't believe so. DFA was $400k in eight hours, and I think this is $100k in three hours so far?

That said, I don't know the rate DFA ramped up over time... and despite all that, this is *still* pretty damn speedy.

Wow DFA was a true beast. But yeah this is still doing really well!!

No but you have to keep in mind Schafer's Twitter has 70k followers.

Okay that is a big difference.

DaBuddaDa

13.3% funded in about 4 hours beginning early in the morning in the US. Not a bad start, not a bad start at all. I'm pretty confident this will break 1 million.

Alastor

It went up 10 000 during my watch of the video :) I'm sure the goal will be achieved, and it will be pretty fast. Go old-school RPG fans!

Munin

13.3% funded in about 4 hours beginning early in the morning in the US. Not a bad start, not a bad start at all. I'm pretty confident this will break 1 million.

Also I hope/expect people like Notch, Schafer etc. to tweet about this as well. That should result in a nice push

Wildesy

Yeah there is a isometric ShadowRun game called ShadowRun Online in the works right now. Looks pretty good too.

Its F2P also which doesn't really concern me considering the nature of the genre.

Picture:

Disappoint :(

The original Shadowrun on SNES is an absolute gem, I'd definitely support a Kickstarter for a sequel to that bad boy.

A mystery $5000 backer appears, and then Chris Avellone tweets that he has backed the project. Is Fargo going to have to build an Avellone statue? :)

duckroll

Disappoint :(

The original Shadowrun on SNES is an absolute gem, I'd definitely support a Kickstarter for a sequel to that bad boy.

It's "online" because it is a browser driven f2p game. You create an account and you play it online, but it is still a RPG which you can play alone.

Zeliard

A mystery $5000 backer appears, and then Chris Avellone tweets that he has backed the project. Is Fargo going to have to build an Avellone statue? :)

He should put Avellone in the game as a character like in Fallout 1, lol.

Edit: oh fuck that's actually part of the $1000+ tier, lmao. That HAS to happen.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
THQ needs to let Volition do a kickstarter for Freespace 3.

I loathe the idea of publishers trying this, but for Freespace I'd do it.

EDIT: Chris Avallone is my hero, seriously dude is awesome.

bengraven

Not to be a buzzkill, but apparently Avellone only did $250.

hFSUm.png

duckroll

He should put Avellone in the game as a character like in Fallout 1, lol.

Edit: oh fuck that's actually part of the $1000+ tier, lmao. That HAS to happen.

I hope his character in the game is a famous writer who had to move from the city and live in a cabin somewhere to escape from crazy fans who erected a statue in his honor and attempted to deify him. He lament about how fanboys are crazy too, if you talk to him. :D

Edit: Damnit, he didn't donate 5000 bucks. Lol. :(

Tim-E

Does EA still own the original Wasteland? I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they put it up on GOG. But EA would rather do nothing than do something that someone else in addition to themselves would benefit from.

Zeliard

I hope his character in the game is a famous writer who had to move from the city and live in a cabin somewhere to escape from crazy fans who erected a statue in his honor and attempted to deify him. He lament about how fanboys are crazy too, if you talk to him. :D

I am totally an unapologetic Avellone fanboy. :p

I even forgive him for making that remark about used games! Guy's earned eternal amnesty as far as I'm concerned.

Wildesy

It's "online" because it is a browser driven f2p game. You create an account and you play it online, but it is still a RPG which you can play alone.

Oh okay, that's good to hear. Surely the fact that it is f2p is a bad sign though, right? That makes me think of iOS games where you have to buy things to progress or properly level-up your character. Ick!

mclem

Does EA still own the original Wasteland? I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they put it up on GOG. But EA would rather do nothing than do something that someone else in addition to themselves would benefit from.

I gather there's some rights issues involved, not sure exactly what it entails. Still, GoG have both EA and Interplay, so they're off on the right bat.

Tripwood

Dropped 30$.

Never played Wasteland but the big connection to Fallout 1/2 is all the reason I need to back this project.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
In for $100. Seemed like the sweet spot though I did very briefly consider $1000. :D Wasteland is my favorite game ever literally.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
at this point I' starting to get more concerned about quality of the game than its funding.

DaBuddaDa

at this point I' starting to get more concerned about quality of the game than its funding.

These things always have a severe pivot point where the funding slows down to a trickle until the very end. They're incredibly front-loaded. The question is when is that pivot going to occur? I wouldn't be too sure of its funding yet.

Lol @ the video.

I also didn't know Fallout and Fallout 2 existed when 3 came out :(

Did you think they slapped a 3 at the end of the title for shits and giggles?

Top Bottom