• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

sn00zer

OXfj7Hg.png

dada_zpsc140d912.jpg

now what is this?
what is this? this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!
PPL SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DOWNGRADE THIS HUGE

Why the hell is everything so gawd-damn flat all of a sudden?

Im almost starting to think this guy works for Ubi and is hired to be a loud irrational dissenting voice against the game, so people will immediately come to the games defense. His/her post history is almost entirely spent loudly proclaiming this the worst game ever. He/she seems like a weird stereotype of the 'downgradeton' crowd and its suspicious.....willing to bet this guy disappears a month or so after release unless he/she is banned first.

Im almost starting to think this guy works for Ubi and is hired to be a loud irrational dissenting voice against the game, so people will immediately come to the games defense. His/her post history is almost entirely spent loudly proclaiming this the worst game ever. He/she seems like a weird stereotype of the 'downgradeton' crowd and its suspicious.....willing to bet this guy disappears a month or so after release unless he/she is banned first.
Shillception?

Just watched the 101 trailer. There are a lot of stupid haircuts in this game.

But more importantly now my hype is sky high! Can't wait.

The Flash

Banned
Ah, was a bit strange seeing yours working and then Yasae saying fixed with nothing actually changing.

Also clearly Watch Dogs is PS4 biased, I mean all the good looking leaked footage is from that specific console.

I agree. My gif wasn't in response to that though.

Never has an OT made me laugh out loud like that, especially with the youtube link in the photo. Nice Job, OP.

Will be waiting on reviews/gaf impressions before I jump in.

Ubi just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about French culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in France, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the French public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Watch_Dogs for any system, nor will they purchase any of Ubisoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ubisoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ubisoft, publicly apologize and upgrade the res and effects for Watch_Dogs or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about French culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in France, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the French public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Watch_Dogs for any system, nor will they purchase any of Ubisoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ubisoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ubisoft, publicly apologize and upgrade the res and effects for Watch_Dogs or you can kiss your business goodbye.

i dont think the mass public even knows about the potential downgrade and i really dont think they care because the game is gonna look good anyway

Phlebas

Banned

Surprised it took this long.

Linconan

Please have good AI

Please......
Yeah, same....
I can cope with a downgrade in graphics alittle, and it's still looking good imo..
But if the world doesn't react accordingly from players interacton, then i'll be majorly disappointed.

Even minor stuff say........
If i blow up a car, i wanna see a Firetruck rock up..
If i shoot someone, i wanna see an ambo turn up on the scene..
And interact.

Seen some vids out in the wild were the AI from characters react to the player and freak out and calls the cops when he pulls out the guns.
I just hope the AI doesn't just revolves around Police and Civilians, calling the Police.

I'm still holding onto hope.
Can't wait till we all see the game for the first time, should be good, hopefully.

SJRB

Gold Member
It is.

here's the leaked maps I could find:

iSxSLv.jpg

HZKjmKv.jpg

This is about 1/4th of the map size. The city is big, it seems bigger than GTAV's Los Santos. Of course, it doesn't have the huge stretch of land outside of the city like GTAV has. It does have some rural areas though.

Edit: why am I even here, I wonder, as I browse through the last couple of pages.

Trace

Banned
Damn this OT went to hell quick.

Great looking game, I'm excited for it to come out and I'll have a ton of fun playing it. Also the multiplayer is good fun.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'd like one question to be answered, why is Watch Dogs the only title that is drawing all this weird commentary? No one has even played the game yet and everyone already has their own conclusions and opinions.

This meme just doesn't work with the French, they don't give a shit what anyone does

Gaz_RB

This is about 1/4th of the map size. The city is big, it seems bigger than GTAV's Los Santos. Of course, it doesn't have the huge stretch of land outside of the city like GTAV has. It does have some rural areas though.

Edit: why am I even here, I wonder, as I browse through the last couple of pages.

Wait there's even more than that? Awesome. So hyped.

sjay1994

As a Canadian, I am fucking embarrassed to be from the same country as ubisoft montreal. Absolutely disgusting that they downgraded the graphics for this game. I mean, graphics was all it had.

Not an interesting premise, not a new IP. Just graphics. What a joke.

Just another "souless" game pumped out by a corporation. not people who spent 5 years of their lives on this game. I mean all ubisoft games are the same. Fuck them for using game mechanics that they enjoy, and fuck the sheep who purchase this crap. Fuck them for showing so much of the game so people can make an informed purchase decision. Not to mention that all reviews can't be trusted because they gave Nexus 7's to all of them. Only people I can trust are my fellow Gafers just like in the wolfenstien OT. One person didn't like the game and boom... pre order cancelled.

I am packing my bags and burning my house down because I don't even want to be on the same soil as these hacks.

Apologize?? No, Sony should apologize to Ubisoft for passing off 8GB GDDR5RAM as the panacea to video game development. If anyone's shoe is shot then it's Sony's. NO ONE will buy a PS4 anymore.

7 million sales all coming to a screeching halt smh.

Ha

oti

Banned
We should start a list with our Uplay gamertags, mine is "KonFotUBI". Add me. See you online.

Btw: Does Uplay even allow pre-loading?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I really want to know how this game is. Story, and gameplay. I loved the concept every since it was unveiled and had so much potential. Hopefully its a great game. Haven't pre-ordered it though.

btw still no full res map picture, I am disappointed :( Seems like so many people are already playing it, what's up with this shitty and blurry pics. Show us the proper picture.

Denton

As a Canadian, I am fucking embarrassed to be from the same country as ubisoft montreal. Absolutely disgusting that they downgraded the graphics for this game. I mean, graphics was all it had.

Not an interesting premise, not a new IP. Just graphics. What a joke.

Just another "souless" game pumped out by a corporation. not people who spent 5 years of their lives on this game. I mean all ubisoft games are the same. Fuck them for using game mechanics that they enjoy, and fuck the sheep who purchase this crap. Fuck them for showing so much of the game so people can make an informed purchase decision. Not to mention that all reviews can't be trusted because they gave Nexus 7's to all of them. Only people I can trust are my fellow Gafers just like in the wolfenstien OT. One person didn't like the game and boom... pre order cancelled.

I am packing my bags and burning my house down because I don't even want to be on the same soil as these hacks.

Until someone takes it seriously, 3....2...1...

BFIB

So glad this OT is up. Not because I'm buying the game, but because this is going to possibly be thread of the year.

Mik2121

Not that I doubt you, but, do you have any sources for that?

sjay1994

So glad this OT is up. Not because I'm buying the game, but because this is going to possibly be thread of the year.

Sad-Puppy-Face-Picture.jpg

For only one payment of 59.99 USD, you can adopt a Watch Dog in need.

Disclaimer: Watch Dog may not be as cute as dog above.... cuteness downgrade confirmed

Top Bottom