• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

According to the infamous chart, it just says "Uplay Exclusive Edition" (4th column) with Exclusivity of "Uplay Store (Ubishop)", nothing about PC only (that's the Uplay Deluxe Edition column). Google searches aren't coming up with really good results, but one site claimed it was EMEA countries only? Damn, if you want in-game content they're really pushing digital copy format...

If that's the case, I'll probably just get standard through Amazon as per usual and if I really enjoy it, get the "GOTY"/Steam-Sale edition with all the DLC in a year or so for less than half the price when I have a better PC.

My plan is to get the standard and, depending how much I like the game, upgrade to the Season Pass that I believe has all the DLCs in it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
well it has to be funny to be humor.

But some members do consider it funny. Should everything be changed just because a few people are bothered?

Seriously, statham, it's one word.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Is this open world? How big is the city?

No one knows but from the looks of things its pretty big. Four sections, but no gated content.

Also this thread is just awesome. Boobs, dogs, memes, console wars, iamthedoge and just straight out crazy. Who the fuck let the dogs out?

Gaz_RB

Is this open world? How big is the city?

It is.

here's the leaked maps I could find:

iSxSLv.jpg

HZKjmKv.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
OXfj7Hg.png

dada_zpsc140d912.jpg

now what is this?
what is this? this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!
PPL SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DOWNGRADE THIS HUGE

Why the hell is everything so gawd-damn flat all of a sudden?

I wonder what this is going to mean when the game plays fine and is actually fun. This kind of meltdown over the visuals is something some will need to persevere through.

Gaz_RB

If most people said they were going to buy this PS4 or PC, will that stop you from buying this on Xbox?

I think he just wants like a list of gamertags and PSNs like in a lot of other OTs so gaffers can play together. I don't think he's being especially console warry

NeoUltima

I wonder how much the game being always online has to do with downgraded graphics. Like if GTA V MP (or any game) looks worse than SP, shouldn't the same concept apply here? Just an observation I never see brought up.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think he just wants like a list of gamertags and PSNs like in a lot of other OTs so gaffers can play together. I don't think he's being especially console warry

Has he read the guide to console war ethics or not?! Get with the program people!

jayu26

Well then that's a bad way to go about it. Usually it starts with someone just saying:

"Hey I'm getting this on [insert console name or PC] and here is my gamertag or PSN ID or Steam ID if you want to join me."

You know...these things happen organic.

jond76

Banned
Where did this melting PS4 thing come from?

There was a Watch Dogs thread awhile back that had footage assumed to be from PC. Someone made a comment about how the ps4 would melt trying to produce such glorious visuals.. Come to find out, it was ps4 footage the whole time.

Lrrr

Haven't you heard? The OT title is offensive and biased!

I was around when the "PS4 melt" comment was made so I got the thread title immediately. I would think XB1 owners would be happy because the entire point of that remark was to dismiss the PS4's capabilities.

There was a Watch Dogs thread awhile back that had footage assumed to be from PC. Someone made a comment about how the ps4 would melt trying to produce such glorious visuals.. Come to find out, it was ps4 footage the whole time.

Was that Gaffer tagged with the comment? I can't remember.

I was around when the "PS4 melt" comment was made so I got the thread title immediately. I would think XB1 owners would be happy because the entire point of that remark was to dismiss the PS4's capabilities.

Hahaha, nobody but Statham seriously has a problem with it. He's just being sensitive.

cakefoo

I'm a watch dogs fan, but skimming over threads I see OT and and PS4, I skim over them them. why is what I'm saying so insane? OT should be for all systems, but this OT is naming one.
How can it be for PS4 if the PS4 would melt trying to play it?

The Flash

Banned
Well then that's a bad way to go about it. Usually it starts with someone just saying:

"Hey I'm getting this on [insert console name or PC] and here is my gamertag or PSN ID or Steam ID if you want to join me."

KFhaVcN.gif

Bowler

I thought this was a ps4 exclusive?

Talk about acting hostile as all hell.

And no, they usually never happen like this in big game releases. There's almost always a list that gets started with a form to fill out listing your tag/console.

Relax. I understand Statham's crazy comments gets everyone a little bonkers, but let's not have it spread like wild-fire.

Top Bottom