• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Ok, managed to get AA turned off and textures set as low as possible, also running at 720p. So I guess this is comparable to last gen versions.

EDIT: Doesn't look that bad from images, but in motion, it looks horrendous, also you have to remember the FPS it will be running on PS3/360 and will be upscaled to 1080 if you have a HDTV

Funnily enough the roads look better then that when it is raining on the last-gen consoles in comparison to that screenshot.

RedAssedApe

Banned
8098.jpeg

Some of you guys need to go out a bit more.

Also, this type of realistic lighting is going to be more and more present in certain next-gen games that strive for a photo-realistic look, especially those open world games with 24 hours cycles.

I like it personally. Get used to it. :)

yep. if people want to see other examples go look at infamous and metal gear gz when the weather is overcast. gz looks especially bad though heh

Ok I've been playing the game mostly all day and as a person that quickly quits any newly started games out of boredom, I've been remarkably sticking to it so far... and I'll probably finish it as well. Variety in missions, good controls, stealth is fun, shooting is well done. Very cliché but decent story...
Honestly I had more fun with the missions in Gay Tony overall and I miss the goofy dialogs/characters in GTA games but WD is a pretty good game overall. Not ground breaking but pretty good.

EDIT : can't you leave the quality settings comparison posts to the 'PC Performance Thread' ?

KaiserAlucard

Neo Member
Just tried it with an i7 4770K, SLI GTX670 and 8gb RAM, the game is stuttering as hell. Could be bad drivers or bad optimization, maybe it needs a patch. Now I'm worried about my preorder, I may be unable to play the game in good conditions at launch...

spannicus

Cool, Its not showing watchdogs in your played games list but maybe there's a lag, anyhow I believe you.

That's unfortunate about the screen tearing.

im gonna broadcast some random shit, check it out, stream quality might suck though, internet is trash.

Dennis

Banned
Just tried it with an i7 4770K, SLI GTX670 and 8gb RAM, the game is stuttering as hell. Could be bad drivers or bad optimization, maybe it needs a patch. Now I'm worried about my preorder, I may be unable to play the game in good conditions at launch...
SLI stutters like crazy for me as well.

Zabant

Try turning off in game v-sync, if tearing is really annoying you (it does me) enable adaptive v-sync in Nvidia control panel

ascully

Any of you guys who ordered this at Amazon with prime release day shipping notice that scheduled delivery is Wednesday. It actually says Tuesday on Amazon but if you track via UPS it's Wednesday.

Wait no, texture blending is ok, it's the effect of the rain between the two textures that's not ok.

Well, it's partly due to the cut between the asphalt texture and the dirt on the side. The other problem is that I don't think this game uses physically-based materials like in MGS5 where you calibrate your texture to have the same property as in real life. Meaning that the asphalt texture would have the same properties as the dirt texture and the two would react the same under various conditions (day/night, wet/dry, etc).

So that reflection on the asphalt part would be present on the dirt side, with the correct tools also. So physically-based materials, blending between the two textures and engine tools that can let you do that (It's an open-world game so creating a world with modules is easier and less costly, but you can see that they don't merge organically).

That's all going to change with next-gen thank god! :D

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So from my understanding, the game doesn't tell you that you've been invaded until you start to get hacked correct? If that's the case, how does pausing your game work? I imagine whether or not you're able to pause would give away if you're being watched.

Tohsaka

Any of you guys who ordered this at Amazon with prime release day shipping notice that scheduled delivery is Wednesday. It actually says Tuesday on Amazon but if you track via UPS it's Wednesday.

ioB6JHE.png

Hopefully yours will get rescheduled for Tuesday, too.

Smokey

The game isn't even officially out yet. I'm sure AMD/Nvidia will have a day one patch for this. It's a pretty big release.

People seem to be forgetting this and should calm it down a bit.

Zabant

Does anyone else think it's dumb that when you get too close to a crime in progress and scare the guy off it's counted as a failure?

"You got too close and spooked the criminal, preventing the crime"

And this is a bad thing how?

pahamrick

Does anyone else think it's dumb that when you get too close to a crime in progress and scare the guy off it's counted as a failure?

And this is a bad thing how?

I'd think in terms of the game it's because the guy is able to simply complete the crime later, since you weren't able to kill / disable him.

Really looking forward to this. I'll admit, I had never really been a fan of what I had seen until the release of the "101" trailer. Totally sold me on Watch Dogs!

pahamrick

But what if I shoot the guy anyway?

Game Logic: Should have done it right the first time, no cookie for you.

I agree though, it's silly that the mission fails just because the guy spots you and stops the violence. You should at least still have some sort of option to do something.

Dawg

But what if I shoot the guy anyway?

You can shoot the guy, but it'll be the same as shooting a random civilian AFAIK.

I've also encountered these failed crimes quite a few times. Usually because I enter the crime space, start looking for the criminal and he's around the corner or something and the yellow "notice" triangle gets filled before I have time to react.

Top Bottom