• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Zabant

That's probably the intention, to make you feel bad about your possibly violent actions. The little personal information chunks on each NPC are an ingenious little addition to the game to be sure. Most people probably won't give a shit and just shoot everyone anyway, haha.

True, however upon retrying the mission because I killed the guy this time he had different info, I think it was "trolls religious forums" or something aha.

Drewfonse

The impressions in this game are following the Wolfenstein curve. Mixed early impressions, including a few pretty vocal negative voices, followed by increasingly positive vibes as more people got the game.

Wolfenstein is awesome, therefore Watch Dogs will be awesome.

That is all.

Zabant

Also semi-related, embargos are so stupid when there's widespread street date breaks and people like myself are talking about the game and the pros can't

M.W.

The impressions in this game are following the Wolfenstein curve. Mixed early impressions, including a few pretty vocal negative voices, followed by increasingly positive vibes as more people got the game.

That is all.

Yep. I also find it funny whenever someone wants impressions, the first person to respond is always a negative Nancy.

That is all.
If Watch Dogs turns out to be as special and lovingly crafted in gameplay and storytelling, I might have to check it out. The shooting itself has looked pretty bland so far, though and it's the minigames that have looked fun like the psychedelic and cyberpunk stealth ones compared to the main game from footage shown.

Ser Goje

This is from the first mission, captured on PS4.

hiSE8gG.jpg

Gaz_RB

If Watch Dogs turns out to be as special and lovingly crafted in gameplay and storytelling, I might have to check it out. The shooting itself has looked pretty bland so far, though and it's the minigames that have looked fun like the psychedelic and cyberpunk stealth ones compared to the main game from footage shown.

In regards to the shooting, I really like it. Feels more Tom Clancy than GTA if you know what I mean.

King_Moc

Banned
Also semi-related, embargos are so stupid when there's widespread street date breaks and people like myself are talking about the game and the pros can't

True, but why would their opinion be any more valid? At least we know Ubisoft didn't gift you an iPad.

Shadownet

Banned

That is all.

I got both Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs right now. I stop playing Watch Dogs so I cab finish Wolfenstein. That's how much I like it. Best single player FPS I played in recent memory.

The plot is awesome, haven't been this involved since the Modern Warfare series.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
anyone know if they are going to preload on steam?
That's the million-dollar question. Ubi has offered pre-loads for its "AAA" games in the past but the clock is ticking. There's no point asking Ubi, either, as ever since the Black Flag region-lock snafu last year apparently whenever there's a question or issue regarding Steam the official line is "Ask Steam", which is patently stupid when it comes to matters regarding say, oh, the availability of the game in the UK.

My advice to others who have pre-ordered on Steam is to just download the cracked version of the game so if there's to be no pre-load, or if a pre-load period would already be too little, too llate, then you're not wasting hours on release day downloading data. Instead you can: Create a Watch_Dogs folder in steamapps\common -> Move the data from the cracked installation into the folder -> Install again -> Wait as Steam "discovers existing files". You'll likely have to re-download some data due to the nature of how cracking works, but the bulk of it should pass Steam's validation check.

Burger

Any peeps with the PS4 version, do your codes (the redeemable ones packed in with the game) work? Mine say they are invalid...

Faith

Real game looks lightly less as good as CG scripted trailer. Shocking.
See, there you're wrong.

The differences are huge. Completely missing DoF (it was the best I've ever seen in a game), worse textures, less polygons and a lighting that has nothing to do with what we've seen 2012.

Top Bottom