• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

We need to talk more about Realistic Mode. There's barely any info about it on the net.

This is what I've gathered so far:

1. You die from two or three shots
2. Enemies also die from two or three shots
3. Moving from cover to cover while the enemy is watching will most likely kill you
4. Enemies spot you much faster
5. Enemies won't walk into your traps as easily
6. The difficulty is unlocked from the start

I can confirm everything but 2 and 5.

2) The normal enemies die from one or two shots. But then their are higher tiered guys with armor that take more shots (not anything obscene, except for the odd "heavy" guy)

5) I haven't really tested this so I can't say one way or the other.

mrhej

tyc3YpZ.png

It's interesting seeing stuff like this. Reminds of when people asked what happened with AC3 and got this http://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/1vrude/so_what_really_happened_with_assassins_creed_3/ look at the top reply.

Pandemic

Definitely should have gotten the PC version off STEAM, and not GreenManGaming.. GMG stated they'd release the game at midnight depending on regions, yet nothing hah.
DWUgRYC.jpg

:/

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Just saw a poster in the metro in Stockholm. Looks like a PlayStation-exclusive. Nowhere did it mention Xbox in any shape, name or form. How odd. I wonder if EU will have the same marketing for Destiny.

We need to talk more about Realistic Mode. There's barely any info about it on the net.

3. Moving from cover to cover while the enemy is watching will most likely kill you

Is it fun playing it though? I hate harder difficulties that take away from the fun factor of a game.

Tigress

You know, this is the absolute first thing I've seen that makes me have any interest in the game. Still not getting it but that's pretty cool.

Acorn

Just saw a poster in the metro in Stockholm. Looks like a PlayStation-exclusive. Nowhere did it mention Xbox in any shape, name or form. How odd. I wonder if EU will have the same marketing for Destiny.
Sony/Ubi marketing deal. Similar to how COD always only mentions xbox in ads.

MayMay

Banned
Just unlocked the game on Steam using a (free) Australian VPN. It probably locks again once I restart Steam - but at least I can download the game already. Never got into any trouble for using VPNs on Steam - so I doubt anything will happen this time. Should've just offered us a pre-load.. but nope. Oh well, have it your way Ubi lol.

Can we use a VPN to unlock this today or no?

Worked for me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quick question: Was thinking of uploading some gameplay of a side mission, but there's some disturbing language going on and stuff. Won't get me in trouble if I post it here, right? (Lurker for many years, new to actually contributing here.)
cant imagine why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE4ZgInuzDE

Epic motorcycle race i was having, i failed so hard at the end
I'm shocked at how coherent the course was, I guess I just don't do a lot of racing in open world games but they've come a long way. You were robbed man, sorry about that

Welp, sitting on a New Zealand VPN with Uplay open, and nothings happening in terms of the client unlocking/adding the game to my list ¬_¬ Only Ubi would be so inept that they allow other digital distribution services to launch the game and get a head-start over their own.

Gibbo

I bought the game for 35 bucks on Greenman gaming. I then received an email stating a release date of 26 June, even though it clearly states 27 May on the main webpage. wtf?

Lulubop

Anyone know what time exactly will it appear in my Uplay "game" section?

It says the 27th, but I'm betting against it appearing at midnight exact. On the east coast anyway/

So I got invaded for the first time and messes it up. I was doing pretty good I lured him into a trap, I drove over a bridge I raised and sat on the other side. Because I knew whoever jumped over was obviously the hacker. So when the hacker jumped over stupidly I just shot the shit out of him but he managed to escape in the water and hacked me anyway.

Should've pretended I didn't see shit and just profiled him like I was supposed too. Lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So this is a GTA clone with hacking system ? Or plays different?
I haven't played it for a second, but from video I am really getting the impression that this comparison is not a good idea at all. I legitimately think people are going to disappointed if gta with hacking is what they're looking for. granted depending on how broad your definition is they're all GTA3 clones from prototype to lego marvel super heroes. But yeah. Seems to play pretty differently.
So I got invaded for the first time and messes it up. I was doing pretty good I lured him into a trap, I drove over a bridge I raised and sat on the other side. Because I knew whoever jumped over was obviously the hacker. So when the hacker jumped over stupidly I just shot the shit out of him but he managed to escape in the water and hacked me anyway.

Should've pretended I didn't see shit and just profiled him like I was supposed too. Lol
As someone who intends to try to blend in with the NPCs this was pretty clever. Doing stuff that will force the hacker to act differently from AI is a good tactic, sorry it didn't pay off for you that time

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Someone posted some gameplay here and it really did look a lot like Splinter Cell.

Painkiller's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5BD9PDZjA&feature=youtu.be

definitely felt splinter cell (I didn't even know about the electronic lures, it's cool to see how you could do this same sequence nonlethally) and even a little bit of arkham batman the way you have the ability to see the guard status through walls and so many vantage options over them.

The idea of doing this kind of thing in an open world alone is pretty awesome to me. Outside of the hacking "gimmick," if you choose to look at it that way, this might be what makes the game succeed.

Top Bottom