• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Got my double wash_doges at the studio hurrah!

10262174_10152394877116251_7543682787049733899_n.jpg

Dr Dogg

As I understand you can invade people from the app without owning the game right, so nothing stops you from playing Watch_Dogs lol.

Hahaha well thanks to the wonders of In Home Streaming on Steam also working via VPN at work I've already unpacked it and have a bit of a mess about. Don't think my phone has the juice to do much scrolling about the map though as it's a bit stuttery on an iPhone 4S.

Mik2121

Just got my Deadsec Edition and you get some really cool augmented reality cards...

image_by_gavinuk86-d7jxnkc.png

If you've got Watch_Dogs on PS4 my PSN ID is Gav220886 if you want to add me and invade my game... you won't last long though ;)
i'm kidding, it'll probably be a walk in the park for you

Can you scan or post good photos of those cards? Here in Japan the dedsec edition isn't available which means no AR cards for Japan :(

About to go to the dentist then come back and play. But yea from playing 30 minutes last night it looks better than GTA V (though I still hope next gen gets a port) and even though the map isn't as big all of the areas at least feel populated instead of out of the way and unnecessary.

CyberChulo

What's the mobile app called on the google play store? I tried Ctos and ctos mobile app but it's something else that popped up.

oti

Banned
So, in order to change the language I have to reinstall the game which means to download it all over again. Yeah.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So it looks like my Tesco order isn't coming today. Well....shit. If next gen game prices weren't so fucking shitty everywhere I could have got the game with someone more reliable. It was literally the only place I could find where it was under £40. In fact I the only reason it was under £40 was because they had a deal for new customers. I actually wanted to get the digital version but if I'm not willing to pay £45 then I'm damn sure not willing to pay £60. Man this shit makes me want to bite the bullet just get a gaming PC. It'll cost me initially but maybe the software prices will make up for it in the end, plus digital will actually be a viable option. I think if the PS4's game prices don't improve by the end of the year I will.

red731

So, in order to change the language I have to reinstall the game which means to download it all over again. Yeah.

Oh. Good to know. Something new for when I get home. I am sorry my mother language, English is the way to go.

What's wrong with the dof

I don't think you can use DoF on the fly. This is done by twitch moving to get motion blur I guess. Check the weapon I mean phone in the first pic.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Naw, Green Man Gaming just gave me four crappy indie titles and a $3 voucher as a sorry for screwing up and delaying the game for 16 hours.

Also, invasions are so, so awesome.

scitek

Woke up to a phone call by my fraud detection service at my bank concerned over "suspicious activity" in the form of a $25 charge from India. Just approved it, so this thing better show up on my account now.

oti

Banned
Oh. Good to know. Something new for when I get home. I am sorry my mother language, English is the way to go.

I don't think you can use DoF on the fly. This is done by twitch moving to get motion blur I guess. Check the weapon I mean phone in the first pic.

"Yo Motherfucker was treibst du so lange Motherfucker" in German sounds AWFUL.

Andrew.

Banned
Barely in, but my only major gripe so far is the licensed soundtrack. Firstly (and this is my fault) I dont recognize half the artists. Everything I've heard just doesnt seem to fit the gritty mood of the game to me. Driving around I'd rather be listening to some sort of original soundtrack, or straight up instrumentals rather than Weezer, Kid Cudi or Alkaline Trio.

Also, while the music is slightly amplified when you're in the cockpit view (which is awesome), it totally disappears when you step out of the car. No muffled sound whatsoever which is surprising and a bit disappointing.

Everything else seems pretty good though, and I haven't even gotten into any sort of combat yet.

Oh yes, and the first thing you all should buy once you hack n' steal enough peoples' money is the silenced pistol.

REV 09

Woke up to a phone call by my fraud detection service at my bank concerned over "suspicious activity" in the form of a $25 charge from India. Just approved it, so this thing better show up on my account now.
Same thing happened to me. Received a Fraud Alert email. My email from my bank asked me to request that the vendor reprocess the transaction after I approved it. May have to talk to customer service if it doesn't show soon in origin.

red731

"Yo Motherfucker was treibst du so lange Motherfucker" in German sounds AWFUL.

Ja, das is nicht gut. Vielecht das Deutsche sprache ist nicht fur Sie und Mich.

No dictionary checked, pulled from my brain.
Czech neighbor says hi. Now I recognize your name I added on uPlay. I'm swift, there.

jiiikoo

Banned
How the heck are you supposed to knock down the two organ harvester cars in the first (i suppose its the first) convoy mission? I just can't figure it out lol. Such a n00b.

sk3tch

Started my download right away at midnight availability...went to bed...woke up to this (about 7 hours later)...yay Uplay.

uplay_wash_dogs2.PNG

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm really enjoying it so far and disagree that it feels like a normal sandbox game.

I'm surprised at how nice it looks during gameplay. It really feels like a real city in a way that no other sandbox game I've played really has. The sense of scale just seems right and the lighting really reminds me of real life situations at times. It's not perfect but it feels surprisingly great.

The focus on stealth and observation also make this far more engaging for my tastes than the typical open world experience. It doesn't feel like Assassin's Creed either, which is good.

Well, Ubisoft really did it.

How this game has worse driving controls than GTAIV is beyond me.
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I actually thought GTAIV's driving model was one of the best I've experienced in a sandbox game. It really conveyed the weight of driving around in big, heavy cars and lead to some really neat moments. When people claim to dislike it I wonder if they were simply poor at it? It was very satisfying once mastered, I thought.

Ducktail

I downloaded the 3.5GB of the PS4 version and now I'm stuck at the middle of the first mission (
just after the blackout
) as the game says It's installing data to the HDD. I'll have to download all the 16GB before it's playable again?

I'm having the same problem. It gets stuck just when you're about to leave the stadium in the first mission. It does keep downloading(had to check hitting start at the application) but at an abnormal slow rate. Like, 10 mb after 30 minutes.

What is wrong with UBI and SONY? This is a shitty system. Just let me download the whole fucking game from the store. At this rate, it will take weeks to download, and it's not a hyperbole

Barely in, but my only major gripe so far is the licensed soundtrack. Firstly (and this is my fault) I dont recognize half the artists. Everything I've heard just doesnt seem to fit the gritty mood of the game to me. Driving around I'd rather be listening to some sort of original soundtrack, or straight up instrumentals rather than Weezer, Kid Cudi or Alkaline Trio.

Also, while the music is slightly amplified when you're in the cockpit view (which is awesome), it totally disappears when you step out of the car. No muffled sound whatsoever which is surprising and a bit disappointing.

Everything else seems pretty good though, and I haven't even gotten into any sort of combat yet.

Oh yes, and the first thing you all should buy once you hack n' steal enough peoples' money is the silenced pistol.

I'm pretty sure the game does have a ambient soundtrack when you're riding around. Turn off the music in the options menu.

I find the Hip-Hop selection to be ass, needed much more trap music. Or super lyrical stuff. Hip-Pop. Something. I don't know who put that list together but they need to be fired cus that shit feels like something no one who has ever listened to Hip-Hop in their life would have put together. Like they just went to Google Play Music, went to the rap page, and just hit Start Genre Radio (Shuffle All basically) and put the first tracks that appeared in the game. FAKE EDIT: Actually, I just did that and got a way better selection than what ended up in the game lol

I'm really enjoying it so far and disagree that it feels like a normal sandbox game.

I'm surprised at how nice it looks during gameplay. It really feels like a real city in a way that no other sandbox game I've played really has. The sense of scale just seems right and the lighting really reminds me of real life situations at times. It's not perfect but it feels surprisingly great.

The focus on stealth and observation also make this far more engaging for my tastes than the typical open world experience. It doesn't feel like Assassin's Creed either, which is good.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I actually thought GTAIV's driving model was one of the best I've experienced in a sandbox game. It really conveyed the weight of driving around in big, heavy cars and lead to some really neat moments. When people claim to dislike it I wonder if they were simply poor at it? It was very satisfying once mastered, I thought.

Dark, what are you doing in terms of framerate? 30fps lock? Via ingame setting or afterburner?

edit: GTA4 driving model is getting a lot of praise here lately, so I don't think it's outlandish. I fully agree.

I'm pretty sure the game does have a ambient soundtrack when you're riding around. Turn off the music in the options menu.

I find the Hip-Hop selection to be ass, needed much more trap music. Or super lyrical stuff. Hip-Pop. Something. I don't know who put that list together but they need to be fired cus that shit feels like something no one who has ever listened to Hip-Hop in their life would have put together. Like they just went to Google Play Music, went to the rap page, and just hit Start Genre Radio (Shuffle All basically) and put the first tracks that appeared in the game. FAKE EDIT: Actually, I just did that and got a way better selection than what ended up in the game lol

You can import your own music via USB too right? I heard someone say it in one of the Watch dogs threads (threads, lol) but that's all I've heard.

I am really, really digging stealth in this game. Holy fuck is it fun. Hacking mini game is good, doesn't quite beat human revolution but it's close. And let me say I am pumped to play invasion and shit like that.

Fun game, has some faults, but does some great things.

At its best at night, in the rain. Wish I could toggle rain storms.

Scotch

I fully agree. GTA IV's driving was amazing once you fully mastered it. I really missed it in GTA5.

Top Bottom