• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Daffy Duck

Do we know what dates we can expect content from the season pass to drop?

Considering most of it is already out, do you get instant access to the outfits?

gruenel

So PS4GAF tell me, how is the framerate performance of the game? Is it a solid and locked 30fps with no noticeable dips or screen tearing like Assassin's Creed 4, or does it have real problems maintaining a steady framerate?

Also, being at 900p I expect some aliasing, how well is the anti-aliasing used?

From what I read over on DF and here it's a steady 30FPS with very rare frame drops/tearing when you blow up a hundred cars at once.

No idea about the AA though.

Cloudy

Banned
Reviews seem pretty good. Does this mean Ubisoft will release one of these every year slowly sucking the soul out of the franchise?

Loudninja

So PS4GAF tell me, how is the framerate performance of the game? Is it a solid and locked 30fps with no noticeable dips or screen tearing like Assassin's Creed 4, or does it have real problems maintaining a steady framerate?

Also, being at 900p I expect some aliasing, how well is the anti-aliasing used?
Some framerate tests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SmhW_IqYt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOHH3IJHfCM

AA:
In terms of image presentation, we're par for the course with other key releases this generation. We can confirm a 1600x900 internal resolution on PS4 from our pixel counts, as promised in advance by the Ubisoft blog. The post-process anti-aliasing - presumably similar to the temporal SMAA that was added to Assassin's Creed 4 in a patch - does a strong job of tackling the upscaled edges without blurring over the image, too, although it inevitably lacks the clear 1080p finish of games like inFamous: Second Son.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-tech-analysis

Furyous

I'm loving the character movement so far. It feels kind of Splinter Cellish.

How long does the mandatory game data download take? I thought it downloaded everything as I went to sleep only to wake up and have to download more.

Certinty

I've only put an hour in but I will say this, it's by far the best hour I've had on my PS4 since launch. Couldn't even care if the missions and story are crap, the open world is by far the best of any games in terms of liveliness and the handling and gun mechanics are pretty good too I think.

catmario

I'm trying to play CTOS companion app for ios, but nothing works. :(

Everytime I finding quick match, nothing matches. I couldn't find users.

Should I wait until more gamers buy watch dogs, or am I busted?

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
So how does the melee combat work in this game? Is it close to how it works in Assassins creed? Its really important to me that its diverse and satisfying.

Brashnir

So how does the melee combat work in this game? Is it close to how it works in Assassins creed? Its really important to me that its diverse and satisfying.

There's a murder button. You press it and it murders whoever you have targeted. That's the entire system.

It's just a one-button press to smack the diblets out of someone with a baton (or execute them with a gun if you have one equipped).

styl3s

Started downloading on PS4 and quickly burned through the 3-4gb it downloads before you can play but i want to wait until the full game downloads, any to check that? Because it just downloads that 3-4gb and then vanishes from the update bar.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Ugh - my credit card company declined the Origin India transaction and when I contacted Origin service to rerun it, they wouldn't let me. Sucks. Won't be buying games on Origin that's for sure.

tmespe

Started downloading on PS4 and quickly burned through the 3-4gb it downloads before you can play but i want to wait until the full game downloads, any to check that? Because it just downloads that 3-4gb and then vanishes from the update bar.

If you press the option button on the tile you get a sidebar that has an information button. If you press that you can see the total download.

That's the ridiculous XBL price. It won't cost so much in any store. £44 on amazon.

Our UK prices include VAT (20% tax) but as danwarb says - you can buy it for around £44 physically without any deals.

The only thing I will add is that all markets have the curious discount market in Xbox Live Currency of course. I bought some XBox Live credit for 20% off face price last week. That means that if I buy WD digitally at £60 Microsoft are only getting £48 from me.

I just tried downloading but was informed that the store is down for maintenance. Anyone else getting this?

Why can't I redeem my mission on PS4? Just tells me that PSN is unreachable and to check my network settings.

I can't even get into the store to download the game.

GavinUK86

Just got my Deadsec Edition and you get some really cool augmented reality cards...

image_by_gavinuk86-d7jxnkc.png

If you've got Watch_Dogs on PS4 my PSN ID is Gav220886 if you want to add me and invade my game... you won't last long though ;)
i'm kidding, it'll probably be a walk in the park for you

styl3s

I just tried downloading but was informed that the store is down for maintenance. Anyone else getting this?
If you can get to the WD page and click download it will download, if it tells you maintenance after you click it just go back into the store. It didn't auto-download for me last night and when i first started it this morning it gave me that bullshit.

If you press the option button on the tile you get a sidebar that has an information button. If you press that you can see the total download.
Thanks.

Play after a few gigs is a nice feature but i would rather wait till it finished 100%, shouldn't take more then 15-20 minutes to download 15gb on the slow psn servers.

tmespe

If you can get to the WD page and click download it will download, if it tells you maintenance after you click it just go back into the store. It didn't auto-download for me last night and when i first started it this morning it gave me that bullshit.

Thanks.

Play after a few gigs is a nice feature but i would rather wait till it finished 100%, shouldn't take more then 15-20 minutes to download 15gb on the slow psn servers.

It continues downloading in the background as you're playing. It's also usually divided into chunks of around 5gb, so that if you have a fast enough DL speed it should be seamless.

Played this for a hour last night. Really enjoyed what it's offered so far. Can't wait to dive back in after work. Quick question, can you invade a friend's game or is it someone random? I want to tail a friend then call him in real life fucking with him. Lol

oti

Banned
Just played it but it is in German and no option to change the spoken language to English to be found. Please help me.

OneUh8

Sucks having to be an adult and going to work. lol. Really want to play. Hopefully the mobile app works good, I can at least do that at work.

Top Bottom