• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

sunnz

Since G2A are taking the fucking piss, I broguht it from STEAM, cant wait!

( I typically am patient but I am working the next 4 days, from 8 to 7 so wont have time at all to play it, so its now or in like a few weeks.

Note to self, never pre order a game you are hyped for just because its price is very low.

danwarb

I notice it's £59.99 on Xbox Live. Fuck that. DD games are supposed to be less expensive, righ? The morons don't realize they'd make more money and get more DLC customers without this abusive pricing.

PC it is then.

I downloaded the 3.5GB of the PS4 version and now I'm stuck at the middle of the first mission (
just after the blackout
) as the game says It's installing data to the HDD. I'll have to download all the 16GB before it's playable again?

ImboSlice

Convoy missions are a fucking disgrace. So annoying. Stuck on one in The Loop with two takedowns. How is it, that I can kill ANYBODY else, but not the targets. Jesus H. Christ, the salt is mighty.

Piggus

I notice it's £59.99 on Xbox Live. Fuck that. DD games are supposed to be less expensive, righ? The morons don't realize they'd make more money and get more DLC customers without this abusive pricing.

PC it is then.

Is there a reason why UK retailers are allowed to jack the price up like that? In the US if some store tries to sell a game (digital or physical) for over $59 people will just take their business elsewhere. It's common to get new games for less than $59 in fact.

So I've been waiting for the reviews to decide whether or not to buy this. I've got the psn credit ready to go. GAF help me decide! Worth buying or not?

dandoolan

So I've been waiting for the reviews to decide whether or not to buy this. I've got the psn credit ready to go. GAF help me decide! Worth buying or not?

An average of 8.2 out of 10 in reviews tells me the game isn't the train wreck some people predicted. The rest is taste, so if you think a game like this appeals to you and the reviews don't say it's dogshit, then I say go for it.

I usually look at the negative points of review and try to decide how much of a deal breaker that sort of thing is for me personally.

LoveCake

Haven't played the game myself yet, but I remember reading that other players wont come into your game while you're in a mission and that there is also an offline mode to stop it completely.

Thanks, that seems ok,

it's not like i am some sort of wimp, but there will be people now that are monstering the game & will go about looking for people to beat-up & abuse that have only just started playing & will be unable to fight them off.

danwarb

Is there a reason why UK retailers are allowed to jack the price up like that? In the US if some store tries to sell a game (digital or physical) for over $59 people will just take their business elsewhere. It's common to get new games for less than $59 in fact.

That's the ridiculous XBL price. It won't cost so much in any store. £44 on amazon.

Self-promo thing (shout at me if I'm breaking a rule doing so): I interviewed Jonathan Morin on the game. Check it out here.

It's, admittedly, a bit old, but like I said in it, I believe most of the stuff he says still holds up today.

Blastoise

Banned
I need to ask about something. This is a very early mission spoiler.

When you first go to your sisters house what happens when you go talk to Jacks. I was too slow and I hacked the sisters phone instead. She kicked me out and I could not go back and check on Jacks. When I was kicked out the cutscene showed that Jacks was sad. Does it go differently if you actually talk to him first?

MJLord

When you first go to your sisters house what happens when you go talk to Jacks. I was too slow and I hacked the sisters phone instead. She kicked me out and I could not go back and check on Jacks. When I was kicked out the cutscene showed that Jacks was sad. Does it go differently if you actually talk to him first?

Shit I didn't do that either D:

Five

Banned

Nothing changes. IIRC,
There's just fifteen seconds of Aiden asking Jacks if he's alright and Jacks nodding yes.

MrS

Banned
Thanks, that seems ok,

it's not like i am some sort of wimp, but there will be people now that are monstering the game & will go about looking for people to beat-up & abuse that have only just started playing & will be unable to fight them off.

If I attacked you, would you beat me off?

Had to

Also, I can't wait to play this tonight after work!

Anyone having trouble accessing their contacts on the ctOS android app? I'm trying to sync my PSN contacts and I'm logging into psn on chrome on my phone and it is supposed to go back to the app, but I get an error on chrome instead. :( I wanted to invade my friends game before he goes off to work later lol.

gruenel

Anyone got their PSN preorder to work yet? I'm gonna be really pissed when I get home in a few hours and it still doesn't work.

And no I don't want to cancel the preorder.

can i invade people on my friendslist or is it always a random stranger?

This. Couldn't find a way to hack friends either. Lame!

For my first hack I just hid in some bushes, dude was RIGHT next to me several times but didn't see me. Didn't make for a very exciting 3 minutes, but I got that mofo.

Anyone having trouble accessing their contacts on the ctOS android app? I'm trying to sync my PSN contacts and I'm logging into psn on chrome on my phone and it is supposed to go back to the app, but I get an error on chrome instead. :( I wanted to invade my friends game before he goes off to work later lol.

For me the ubisoft services are down.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Is it possible not to kill people in this game? I remember it being suggested before, but the reviews mention a lot of shootbang and Aiden being generally and remorselessly murderous.

Akai__

I can't buy the Season Pass for Watch_Dogs, because it's not between 23:00 and 06:00, my time... This is beyond ridiculous, like WTF?!

Is it possible not to kill people in this game? I remember it being suggested before, but the reviews mention a lot of shootbang and Aiden being generally and remorselessly murderous.

I haven't killed anyone outside of
the guy who calls Nicole's house early on
, which the game forces you into.

Corpekata

Banned

Can disable cops with leg shots, at the very least, and the physical takedown is nonlethal. Not far enough in to say 100 percent but you can either sneak by or disable everyone I've encountered so far.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I finished the first hack without even entering the compound myself.

I haven't killed anyone outside of
the guy who calls Nicole's house early on
, which the game forces you into.

Can disable cops with leg shots, at the very least, and the physical takedown is nonlethal. Not far enough in to say 100 percent but you can either sneak by or disable everyone I've encountered so far.
Encouraging (aside from the forced story kill), thanks.

Edit: Which also doesn't seem mandatory - yay!

MJLord

Encouraging (aside from the forced story kill), thanks.

Edit: Which also doesn't seem mandatory - yay!

Yeah it's pretty good. I don't think it's ever going to be a game where you 100% don't hurt a butterfly the whole way through. But there is a good amount of stalking and setting yourself up to not set off alarms and knock people out.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
ejEAXxN.jpg

simply epik

I am in love with the multiplayer in this game. Having so much fun hacking into random players' games. Can't wait for my friends to join me for this kind of stuff!! Hope everyone else is enjoying. :)

So PS4GAF tell me, how is the framerate performance of the game? Is it a solid and locked 30fps with no noticeable dips or screen tearing like Assassin's Creed 4, or does it have real problems maintaining a steady framerate?

Also, being at 900p I expect some aliasing, how well is the anti-aliasing used?

sueil

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

One shot kill any enemy on a bodyshot, except for heavies require a headshot but still one shot, instant destroy any vehicle on any hit. It is a pretty fun gun.

Top Bottom