• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Same thing happened to me. I contacted them through chat, I guess they are aware of people using India proxy method, said sent to upper level support and they are "investigating" with the chat person implying some sort of retribution. Doubtful anything will happen, but fuck it, I just canceled and bought through Steam. Such a hassle. Like my games attached to Steam anyway.

Yeah, they won't rerun the India transactions - I got "you need to purchase again with USD" from customer service - completely lame response. I ended up buying the deluxe edition on Mexico Origin for USD 45 - that transaction went through without a hitch, even though I was also using a proxy. I went ahead and entered my keys into Uplay though - much faster downloads apparently.

Jolkien

Near the beginning of the game:
I can't find a potential crime near my hideout, I find plenty of blue people to hack but it's all money, and song. Can't progress any further. Any help ?

Dave_6

Woke up at 6 this morning to get ready for work and the email from GMG came in a 2:30 AM lol. Good thing I didn't stay up. Started the download before I came to work and may run home at lunch and try it out.

noomi

Near the beginning of the game:
I can't find a potential crime near my hideout, I find plenty of blue people to hack but it's all money, and song. Can't progress any further. Any help ?

Near your apartment? By the bus stop? Yeah I had an issue with this too, it's this purple thing on the ground (spray paint) it starts one of those silly digital reality missions I believe...

so the ps3 version does work with a steering wheel by emulating the pad, but the deadzone is massive and it's unplayable - ubi please

the driving with the pad feels good, i was worried after watching some videos that it would be like sleeping dogs, but it has some weight to it when cornering, the lancer and clio knock offs are superb

wd2qbjh7.png

wd3yjjne.png

and where the hell are the hud options? the map and the other bits are a total eyesore that need to disappear.

Yeah. It's super solid on PS4. Very stable 30 fps which is enhanced by the excellent motion blur.

A big step up from open world games of last generation.

I ended up going for the PS4 version. Briefly considered jumping on PC after seeing some of those high-res shots but the performance reports scared me away.
I didnt expect such good reviews. I will also get the ps4 version. Thnx guys

anddo0

Is there any incentive to doing these mini games?

I'm playing Alone, and it seems awfully long for a mini game.
Whats the payoff?

sunnz

I must say, the weapon selection for this game is pretty fucking sweet, love it ( as in the weapons in the game)

Kinda wish we could customise them though.

Car physic are pretty bad, something about them just feels... wrong. Why couldn't they just copy driver: SF physics over... That would have been awesome.

It sure is. It's astounding to me how many people want this game to be bad. That kind of unwarranted cynicism is disgusting.

Cynicism would be expecting the game to be bad through somewhat understandable reasons that have been covered thoroughly. The active seeking of failure here is something different, but indeed disgusting.

I'm liking what I'm hearing here, so I'll think about picking up the PS4 version instead of holding off for the PC down the line. But I'll wait probably until after E3 to see how the rest of the year is going to look.

kriskrosbbk

People that have some good hours with the game already.Whats the difference between hard and realistic? Not sure which one to choose.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I must say, the weapon selection for this game is pretty fucking sweet, love it ( as in the weapons in the game)

Kinda wish we could customise them though.
I can already imagine one of the dev diaries of WD2 hyping up customizable cars and weapons. The lack of customizable weapons is definitely a downside, I'd love to put a silencer on everything and be a ghost in a room full of enemies, just silently picking them off one by one after distracting them with lures or explosions. First person aiming, (although unnecessary) would be a really nice touch too in the sequel. We got a great foundation here. I'm off to go pick up a copy from Gamestop.

Hasney

I can already imagine one of the dev diaries of WD2 hyping up customizable cars and weapons. The lack of customizable weapons is definitely a downside, I'd love to put a silencer on everything and be a ghost in a room full of enemies, just silently picking them off one by one after distracting them with lures or explosions. First person aiming, (although unnecessary) would be a really nice touch too in the sequel. We got a great foundation here. I'm off to go pick up a copy from Gamestop.

Putting a silencer on everything would really unbalance the game. I kept wanting to find a silenced sniper rifle, but I completely understand why there isn't one. (Unless I missed it).

Andrew.

Banned
You can tell that this game is the template for the series very much like the original Ass Creed.

That said, Watch_Dogs II should be fucking spectacular.

Lemondish

Gah. My amazon order with release day shipping will now apparently arrive tomorrow. No information from UPS tracking as to where it is either. I am saddened by this.

Rsinart

Can anyone tell me if you can buy the season pass from PSN? I got a target edition of the game and they didn't sell just the season pass. Wondering if I should return and just get it digital.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is multiplayer working ? Psn is under maintenance though.

just attempted to try the app this morning at work, says Uplay is down, and won't do anything.

Did wake up earlier than usual (so basically, 3 hours of sleep) and played about an hour of the finished game.

Driving does feel a little wonky, like there's controller input lag.

Also, trying to get used to different controls, after binge playing GTAV the last week.

Will dive in more when I get home.

cackhyena

Putting a silencer on everything would really unbalance the game. I kept wanting to find a silenced sniper rifle, but I completely understand why there isn't one. (Unless I missed it).
My dream would be playing a game like this where the possibility is there to go through the whole thing undetected. Become a menace to whoever you are after. Silenced everything, hack remotely, have great sneaking mechanics at your disposal. Basically just hide in this massive city and change the outcome of things from the shadows throughout. I'll never get that, though.

murgo

Oh man, this game is fucking awesome :D I really love the invasion stuff. Tailing is also quite fun when the target is absolutely clueless.

JMizzlin

Spent about 3 hours this evening free-roaming with my buddies. All I know is I want an Xbox One port of GTA V.

Still pretty fun; haven't properly delved into story mode yet (outside the first few missions) but will make time over the weekend.

Yeah...I woke up to my download at 51%, frozen. I restarted Uplay, and it downloaded and update, but keeps telling me it is having problems connecting to internet. What the hell.

Any word on patches? I expect a couple in a large scale game like this. I'm certainly buying the game (PS4) but i'm planning on buying it after important patches (i'll be playing MarioKart8 and MGS: GZ in the coming two weeks anyway).

Dave_6

Somewhat off topic but I just received an email from GMG for 4 free games as well as a small credit for the delay in them getting codes out.

I got the email from Origin saying my Pre-Order was good for download. However in the list of things that's included there's one that called "Watch_Dogs™ Deluxe Edition - Bonus Content" with a Serial Code and instructions on how to use it on uPlay.

Does anyone know what this is for? I bought it off of the India Origin deal.

leng jai

Played about an hour and pretty pleased so far. The game looks stunning at times. The driving however was pitiful. Hopefully it's just because of the car you use at the beginning.

Top Bottom