• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Same here.
The Uplay Facebook page is getting slammed by people complaining of their Watch Dogs shit not working, in some way, shape, or form. Mostly people like us where it won't download properly. I went ahead and posted, just to add to the pile.

Uplay Facebook

I have a bad feeling Uplay updating in the middle of game downloading means I'm going to have to cancel download and restart it. I'm too afraid to test it though since my internet sucks. Do I just wait it out...? Guess not. Uplay keeps bouncing up and down. Just need to wait it out.
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/uplay.ubi.com.html

Kinthalis

Banned
The PS4 gameplay vids on youtube don't do this game justice. Don't know if it's the console or the video compression.

The game looks really nice on PC. There's more depth to structures and less drab. It especially looks amazing when it rains, but also near sunset and sunrise, and during the day anywhere near a body of water.

Missing is the higher quality volumetric lighting and POM on textures from the 2012 reveal. I don't see how some websites are claiming otherwise.

So far my favorite mission types are the gang warfare ones and unlocking Ctos towers :)

Certinty

I'm not sure what I think of the driving. I feel it's better than Saints Row's and Sleeping Dogs' but I think what's the worst is how forgiving collisions are.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got the email from Origin saying my Pre-Order was good for download. However in the list of things that's included there's one that called "Watch_Dogs™ Deluxe Edition - Bonus Content" with a Serial Code and instructions on how to use it on uPlay.

Does anyone know what this is for? I bought it off of the India Origin deal.
There's a bunch of morsels of extra content you get for the deluxe and so far as I know the only way to obtain it is to put in that code you have referenced into UPlay.

There's a bunch of morsels of extra content you get for the deluxe and so far as I know the only way to obtain it is to put in that code you have referenced into UPlay.
But I'm downloading the game on Origin. How does that work if I input the bonus code into uPlay?

Kelsey

Banned
I'm not sure what I think of the driving. I feel it's better than Saints Row's and Sleeping Dogs' but I think what's the worst is how forgiving collisions are.

I hate the driving. I prefer Saints Row's and Sleeping Dog's to this. The major difference being that in WD your car goes from standing to doing about 60 in less than a second, ensuring that if you dont have a lot of free space in front of you when you get in you're going to hit something. The collisions remind me of old Burnout games. Even the sounds are identical.

Raven77

I can't read any of these at work. Do any of them talk about how the multiplayer works? My main question is, if my friends are playing, can I specifically choose to invade their game world or is it completely random?

I'm just wondering if you can have any interaction with people on your friends list if you're playing at the same time.

Those are last gen games. This sleeping in their outfit shit needs to stop. Not exactly wanting pjs...but a t shirt and trousers at least? Not his fucking jacket and hat.

WHO SLEEPS IN A HAT?

Gurish

I'm about to start the game, what difficulty do you recommend and what is the difference between each one? AI is any better?

Thanks.

Lemondish

This has happened to me before and it's shown up on time. Don't lose hope!

I wish they'd go ahead and drop it off, then. If I can't be sure it will arrive today, I don't want to spend the whole damn day here ensuring my shitty neighbours don't snatch it. Gah, I have errands to run, Amazon. I guess in the spirit of Watch Dogs my game preorder with release day shipping was also delayed. I honestly should have seen that coming :)

My Uplay download is going again! I've had the download paused for about 10 minutes, and when I resumed just now it kicked back in at full speed. Here we go, baby. 2 hours to go. lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's not so much sleeping in the same clothes as you run around in, it's the strange way that he sleeps. Perfectly flat, arms tucked in tight on his side. Like a Doll. I remember GTAV, they at least laid down in a resting-type position.

Probably posted here, but I lol'd and then cringe at this photo:
NqeoOju.jpg

Beefy

First of all I can't create a Uplay account as their servers are getting slammed. Also where would my season pass show up in the game? In the additional content bit it says I have nothing?

Rflagg

So I was to sleepy to pick up watch dogs last night, which by itself is no big deal, but when I woke up and went outside to get it my car was missing. I just got off the phone with the cops since I am pretty sure it was stolen sometime last night, feels bad man. :(

I hope I can get it back and nothing major has happened, just so odd since I drive a stock 96 accord with almost 200k miles on it.

arhra

Well, my X1 copy from amazon (UK) finally arrived. Install only took a couple of minutes to get to the playable point, but now when I load it up it's moaning that it can't connect to Ubi's servers. I assume that won't cause any issues for just playing singleplayer, right?

Hasney

Does Uplay auto-update with patches now or do we have to download patches separately?

I think it still prompts you on boot up and then you have to download each patch separately still, unless this has been changed (and I hope it has).

Steam purchases should at least update thorough that. Not sure how Origin handles Ubi games.

I've installed AMD's beta driver and now Windows 7 won't start. It's stuck on the Windows logo.

I'm currently running Startup Repair, hope it will solve the problem -___-

sk3tch

Is there any site that has this discounted for the PC?

Buy an NVIDIA code from eBay...search for Watch Dogs PC and sort by buy it now and lowest price with S&H. I got one for $32. It's Uplay only...but that's what you'd get if you went retail, anyway (it's not Steamworks).

Uplay is getting slammed, though. I have been downloading for 8 hours. Was fast initially and now it's around 10 kB/sec.

EDIT: looks like eBay is pretty barren now of the NVIDIA codes...try the B/S/T thread in the Community section here. Looks like prices have gone up.

So I was to sleepy to pick up watch dogs last night, which by itself is no big deal, but when I woke up and went outside to get it my car was missing. I just got off the phone with the cops since I am pretty sure it was stolen sometime last night, feels bad man. :(

I hope I can get it back and nothing major has happened, just so odd since I drive a stock 96 accord with almost 200k miles on it.

Geez that's awful, hope they are able to get your car back man.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Goddam hackers.

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Wow that's terrible to hear, sorry man

sueil

Putting a silencer on everything would really unbalance the game. I kept wanting to find a silenced sniper rifle, but I completely understand why there isn't one. (Unless I missed it).

The best long ranged silence weapon is the spec ops goblin which is an assault rifle. Theres no silenced sniper.

Skele7on

Banned
Loving it so far! 8/10 It's fairly decent although seems a little plain it places.

One thing that really annoys me is people running in terror as you hack them, it's annoying as heck!

Top Bottom