• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Kinthalis

Banned
I've installed AMD's beta driver and now Windows 7 won't start. It's stuck on the Windows logo.

I'm currently running Startup Repair, hope it will solve the problem -___-

When you install new drivers/a new app, windows will automagically create a system restore point just before you do this (unless you turned that feature off - don't do that!) You should be able to restore your system to just before isntalling the new driver.

HelloMeow

I just got invaded, found the hacker and killed him. I did so by plowing over a crowd of civilians and the hacker.

Aiden said "nice and clean" afterwards...

The driving is some god-forsaken bastard child of Sleeping Dog's floaty arcade garbage and GTA V's handling. Enjoying the game so far, but there are a lot of minor complaints. I mean seriously, no blind fire :/

Very late edit, but I meant GTA IV :p

Kinthalis

Banned
bopl2ziieaar7a3piu78.jpg

Lol. I kind of like a world where an illegal immigrant can become a fraud investigator, instead of being stuck washing dishes :)

Zakalwe

Banned
Fellow PC players. Any ideas where the best deal can be found for a digital copy of the standard edition (promotions etc...)?

Would like to buy this tonight.

Hasney

Wtf is wrong with uShit? its been like this for one hour... arhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cGM.jpg

Uplay is mostly down. OK that, exit and try again. Not sure if you can play offline if you haven't played it once online though.

Fellow PC players. Any ideas where the best deal can be found for a digital copy of the standard edition (promotions etc...)?

Buy an Nvidia code off eBay, but don't count on playing it tonight (unless that's a Steam code, can't remember). Uplay might still be fucked so don't get your hopes up.

Sothpaw

The driving is some god-forsaken bastard child of Sleeping Dog's floaty arcade garbage and GTA V's handling. Enjoying the game so far, but there are a lot of minor complaints. I mean seriously, no blind fire :/

Yea driving is one of the most important parts of these games and the devs totally failed. I can't believe the shitty driving wasn't noted more in previews. Well, I guess I can actually.

Kinthalis

Banned

This site is pretty good for this kind of thing, though they sometimes miss a sale here or there:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=watchdogs

No major discounts at this time. Just 3% off on Amazon. You might want to try eBay and looks for an Nvidia coupon for the game there.

This is the first multi-plat AAA game I've had to pay full price for on PC in like 2 years - I usually find pre-order dela sint he $35-$45 range. I guess the streak had to end some time.

I'm hoping this turns out to be an Assassins Creed situation. The first one had a lot of promise but was really lackluster, but the second one was fuck off incredible.

Kinthalis

Banned
Is your TV calibrated? Not too much aliasing on my screen.

Perhaps your Sharpness is too high?

Aliasing is apparent from gameplay vids. Its' definitely there. While I think a "1080p" patch is unlikely, I think a patch with Temporal SMAA for the PS4 is a possibility. I'm not sure why it wasn't included in the first place.

It might also have somehting to do with the upscaling from 900p though...

Caayn

Loving it so far. The online tailing is fantastic, slowly sneaking up on random players and following them around town.

The digital trips give it a Saints Row like crazy twist to it, in a positive way.

Kinthalis

Banned
Anyone please? :)

Been playing on normal and it's challenging if you are doing a stealth playthrough, but whip out the guns and you can massacre jsut abotu anything, specially once you unlock a few of the abilities.

Personally, I think I'm going to restart on the next difficulty level and play stealth, so that if that strategy fails, I know I'll be in a fight for my life - Deus Ex style ;)

Andrew.

Banned
I'm hoping this turns out to be an Assassins Creed situation. The first one had a lot of promise but was really lackluster, but the second one was fuck off incredible.

Which means the third will be utter shite while the fourth won't have anything to do with hacking whatsoever.

It's a solid game so far but what the fuck is up with the controls? Aiden is a pain in the ass to move around and I won't even start with cars.

Also having some FPS issues in outdoor areas with max settings on a OC'd 780. Come on Ubisoft.

b0bbyJ03

For those that ordered from Origin PC, my card declined the transaction (fraud protection). I had EA call me and they were fine with having me buy it again and giving me back the difference (the India price was $25). Just a heads up for those who's Origin version of WD hasn't unlocked. Make sure you bank or credit card did not decline the purchase.

DukeBobby

Been playing for a few hours now but I can't say much about it because I'm still tinkering with the fucking settings.

Oh, the joys of PC gaming.

B00TE

Bought this last night on the Xbone while I was at the midnight release with my brother, who picked up a PS4 copy. Really, really liking it, more than I thought I would. It can be really pretty at times and at other times kinda bland. The stealth is pretty fun and awesome, but guards can be pretty dumb. Digital Trips are silly, and remind me of Saints Row minigames in a way.

I've just been running around doing random events mostly, though I did just unlock online tailing which I'm excited to try at some point.

REV 09

For those that ordered from Origin PC, my card declined the transaction (fraud protection). I had EA call me and they were fine with having me buy it again and giving me back the difference (the India price was $25). Just a heads up for those who's Origin version of WD hasn't unlocked. Make sure you bank or credit card did not decline the purchase.
How did you get EA to call you? I have the same problem.

Ally1987

Uplay is mostly down. OK that, exit and try again. Not sure if you can play offline if you haven't played it once online though.

Buy an Nvidia code off eBay, but don't count on playing it tonight (unless that's a Steam code, can't remember). Uplay might still be fucked so don't get your hopes up.

thank you so much! it worked

Dinosur

No major discounts at this time. Just 3% off on Amazon. You might want to try eBay and looks for an Nvidia coupon for the game there.

This is the first multi-plat AAA game I've had to pay full price for on PC in like 2 years - I usually find pre-order dela sint he $35-$45 range. I guess the streak had to end some time.

Doesn't do you much good now, but it was 25% off at GMG last week. Maybe they'll put it back in their next round of vouchers.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok the crime detection thing is seriously pissing me off. So many times I've gone to an area and searched for who the potential victim is, only to "scare them off" when I find them. Even when there are other people around. Why does me being there make a difference? I was even blending in with people while looking. And sometimes I'll be hiding and see the crime but not stop it it time. That itself is fine. Me getting a fucking wanted level for it? Not so fine. I get the police chasing me because I witnessed a crime. The fuck?

Also the driving sucks major balls. Lack of blind fire is odd too. But other than that the game is really good so far. The city feels even more alive than I expected. Some conversations are pretty insane and funny. I just had one where this guy was on the phone telling his mate about how he desperately needed a piss while having sex with his girlfriend so he faked it. It was pretty funny. I then hit the share button but apparantly it didn't work and the video isn't in the sharefactory. Bleh.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I take it NPCs are generated procedurally?

Really not sure.

Maybe the name and the visual look of the person, but some of the information has a "too good to be random" quality to it, like this one. A Blood Donor (that's an occupation?!?) who is HIV Positive.

JayEH

Went ahead and decided to trade in a couple of games and got the the PS4 version. I need something to keep me busy until E3!

Fake edit: I guess the servers are down for PS4?

Does the game control like AC, that is, with lag between the stick movement and the character movement? or is more precisse like Infamous SS?.

Hasney

Ok the crime detection thing is seriously pissing me off. So many times I've gone to an area and searched for who the potential victim is, only to "scare them off" when I find them. Even when there are other people around. Why does me being there make a difference? I was even blending in with people while looking. And sometimes I'll be hiding and see the crime but not stop it it time. That itself is fine. Me getting a fucking wanted level for it? Not so fine. I get the police chasing me because I witnessed a crime. The fuck?

Pretty much. I've stopped trying to wander in just in case they see me. I just fly in and dive off my bike and if they see me while I'm rolling around, they see me and I just move on.

Never had a wanted level for not stopping a crime though.

Anyone having problems connecting to the Online? Can't join any freeroam games nor can I invite friends in my game. It always says the game is no longer in session.

Top Bottom