• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

So seeing the reviews makes it sound good but not great, and I'm a bit tight on cash at the moment, but I also don't have much to play on my PS4 now. Would you guys recommend this? Or hold off until a sale?

RPGCrazied

Anyone with the PS3 version play yet? Would like to know how it looks/runs, or any tearing? I probably should just wait on the digital foundry.

Hasney

So seeing the reviews makes it sound good but not great, and I'm a bit tight on cash at the moment, but I also don't have much to play on my PS4 now. Would you guys recommend this? Or hold off until a sale?

Hold off. Ubi games usually drop in price fairly quick. This is mainly based on their end of year games, but I could still see it drop in a couple of months.

Raven77

I can't read any of [the reviews] at work. Do any of them talk about how the multiplayer works? My main question is, if my friends are playing, can I specifically choose to invade their game world or is it completely random?

I'm just wondering if you can have any interaction with people on your friends list if you're playing at the same time.

Sorry to quote myself but does anyone know? I read a few articles on the multiplayer but none of them mention if you can specifically invade friends.

jiiikoo

Banned
Two more questions! Are there any helicopters or planes you can fly? And are there still those AR Drones that people are flying which you can hack? I remember seeing them in one of the trailers but haven't seen any, atleast not yet :eek:

Hasney

I get the option to invite friends in free roam.

There ain't an option for other game modes.

This is seriously fucked up.

Sorry, mis-read. I think free-roam is the only part of multiplayer you can invite people to, with the rest being online contracts.

SHEF

I've had to stop playing now because of really bad motion sickness.

I replayed one of the free running coin chases a few times to get a Gold and started feeling sick.

I also need to keep my finger off the right stick when I'm driving as I move the camera when cornering without meaning to do so.

I haven't had this happen in any game in a long time, last game to do this to me was Half Life 2 so it isn't that common for me.

REV 09

How did you get EA to call you? I have the same problem.

Talking to EA now. The guy seemed confused as to why the game had a random currency for my account. I fessed up about the india trick and he said, "oh, now i know why that game has such high call volume today." He also mentioned something about the "Terms of service and that we aren't supposed to circumvent stuff like that."

Finally got off hold. He said that he wanted to cancel the order before "Origin sees it" and i get into any kind of trouble. He tried to give me some type of discount code to repurchase the game but realized that the code didn't work on new releases. So we just left it at that.

My order has now been canceled. So now, PS4 or Steam?...hmmm decisions.

Raven77

Sorry, mis-read. I think free-roam is the only part of multiplayer you can invite people to, with the rest being online contracts.

Ahh so that answers my question.

Can't invade my friends games...really? Probably going to wait for a price drop now since it seems as though the single player is only so-so.

AHA-Lambda

I'm hoping this turns out to be an Assassins Creed situation. The first one had a lot of promise but was really lackluster, but the second one was fuck off incredible.

Doubt it, AC1 was the foundation for a template that Ubi has copying from ever since AC2, which has inspired Watch Dogs, Far Cry et al.

Nintyb

Banned
Anecdotally, at my Gamestop, there was a big line to pick up the game. The clerk mentioned they had a midnight release that had a big turn out as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a huge success. Time to play.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
For those that ordered from Origin PC, my card declined the transaction (fraud protection). I had EA call me and they were fine with having me buy it again and giving me back the difference (the India price was $25). Just a heads up for those who's Origin version of WD hasn't unlocked. Make sure you bank or credit card did not decline the purchase.

This really depends on how cooperative your rep is. Mine refused to let me purchase it and then get refunded for the difference.

b0bbyJ03

How did you get EA to call you? I have the same problem.

i went to Help.EA.com and ran through the process for "contact us." on the last step you have either the option to enter a live chat or have them call you. i selected to have them call me (i entered live chat the first time but they were useless). once they called i explained that i purchased via the India store for $25 but that my bank blocked the transaction and they rep offered to have me buy it at full price and then refund me the difference (i had to ask for that).

SJRB

Gold Member
Glad I can finally give some impressions.

- Jordi is an incredible character
- The pop-in of vehicles is disappointing [PS4]
- Story is way too heavy on the guilt trip when you first start
- Driving is fucking TERRIBLE
- Game looks amazing during nighttime
- Game looks mediocre during daytime
- Infiltrating ctOS bases is awesome
- The positioning of the cameras is pretty mindblowing
- Gunplay is somewhat weird, but enemy AI is clever and tries to flank if possible
- Some little tidbits that annoy me in general, like the car you're driving disappearing after entering and leaving a safehouse. Is it really that hard to keep that car there?
- Presentation is smooth as hell. Menus, UI, cutscenes. Awesome stuff
- Random crime prevention is a stroke of genius, never gets old. I just hope they're randomly generated and not completely disappear after I've done a set amount

cripterion

Already seeing shit that makes my blood boil

I'm handling this guy in the CTOS mobile challenge, take my time to take extra cash, evade his patrol cars and taps, am on 7/8 of the race and about to reach the finish and this fuck just disconnects and session aborted with no reward whatsoever?

Good thing they had a beta to take people's feedback in... /sarcasm

M.Steiner

So no team decryption with friends?
No.

Hey ubisoft. You deceiving fucks. Fuck you!

That fucking sucks. I was looking forward to playing multiplayer with my brother. Guess that isn't happening?
There is an option for starting a "private session" for free roam, race and decryption. I haven't tried it but I would assume you can play those with friends through that.
Online hacking and tailing have automatic matchmaking though.

Oh Doris.....

BooxMmxIIAAIY51.jpg:large

Still hoping they patch in the ability to wear a baller suit. I'm at work right now waiting for a message from my cousin or brother that Watch_Dogs has finally reached home.

Can't wait to get my inner vigilante on.

FLAguy954

Talking to EA now. The guy seemed confused as to why the game had a random currency for my account. I fessed up about the india trick and he said, "oh, now i know why that game has such high call volume today." He also mentioned something about the "Terms of service and that we aren't supposed to circumvent stuff like that."

Finally got off hold. He said that he wanted to cancel the order before "Origin sees it" and i get into any kind of trouble. He tried to give me some type of discount code to repurchase the game but realized that the code didn't work on new releases. So we just left it at that.

My order has now been canceled. So now, PS4 or Steam?...hmmm decisions.

I just got off the phone with them. The guy told me that the order with be in the processing sage forever since Origin flagged the transaction a fraudulent. He offered me a 15% off voucher but said it won't be active until 30 after the game's release :/. Sigh, should I buy the game through Steam or U-Play?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Played for a few hours, enjoyable so far, but the car controls take some real getting used to. The hiding in a car from police is something GTA needs to pick up for future titles, hiding in an alley and actually hiding that works is pretty neat. Better movement is also something Rockstar need to look at, no tapping to run, and just general better traversal in the environment.

As someone who loves a good bit of customisation, I really hate most of the outfits, the default one looks alright, and some similar ones. The ones with the hoodies or the collar up look a bit like ass to me, and those that are alright have some stupid baggy jeans that look really quite out of place. I really don't know why they don't like us choose what hat we want with what coat with what jeans etc., Ubisoft have this weird fascination with making their protagonists stand out like a sore thumb.

Visually the game is alright, when the sun is out it looks at its worst. I thought the same about Second Son too funnily enough, that looked fantastic, but change it to the bright sunny option and everything just looks worse.

damaph

Two more questions! Are there any helicopters or planes you can fly? And are there still those AR Drones that people are flying which you can hack? I remember seeing them in one of the trailers but haven't seen any, atleast not yet :eek:

I'm about 3/4 through the story. So far, no and no, Where is this trailer with AR drones?

Kabuto

Tailing in online multiplayer is so much fun hahaha. I was following a guy, hid behind a rooftop vent and got to 88% hacked before he disconnected. The feeling of almost getting caught is so tense and fun!

Evading cops and the combat in the game in the single player is probably my favorite part of the game right now. I wish the game didn't stutter whenever I drove, but I definitely say the game lives up to the hype.

MickeyPhree

Played for a few hours so far this morning(ps4).

Lot of grand theft auto feelings and that is definetly not a bad thing. At this point, screw any of the missions. I'm just having fun driving around looking at things.

cripterion

Single player is highly satisfying for me so far, love all the little activities. I was worried there were no mechanics to shoot while you were solo in a car but once you get used to the hacking and know your way around the city it really works as advertised and you can dispatch cars on pursuit with style.

Chicago city is well done imo, much better than Infamous Seattle and more things to do in it too. If we picture this franchise progression the same as AC. Watch Dogs 2 could be truly awesome.

So yeah for me I'd say it's a solid game, with a lot of controversy behind it since it was hyped way too much for next gen consoles.

I don't even know what that is... Do i want to know?
Single player is highly satisfying for me so far, love all the little activities. I was worried there were no mechanics to shoot while you were solo in a car but once you get used to the hacking and know your way around the city it really works as advertised and you can dispatch cars on pursuit with style.

Chicago city is well done imo, much better than Infamous Seattle and more things to do in it too. If we picture this franchise progression the same as AC. Watch Dogs 2 could be truly awesome.

So yeah for me I'd say it's a solid game, with a lot of controversy behind it since it was hyped way too much for next gen consoles.
Was thinking the same. AC2 was the best one for me. And the next WatchDogs will be current gen only.

SJRB

Gold Member
Still hoping they patch in the ability to wear a baller suit. I'm at work right now waiting for a message from my cousin or brother that Watch_Dogs has finally reached home.

Can't wait to get my inner vigilante on.

Not gonna lie, the wardrobe in Watchdogs is hot garbage. Pretty much all the alt color schemes are awful.

No.

Hey ubisoft. You deceiving fucks. Fuck you!

This is my default response currently. Not to mention the game seems to run like shit for AMD users.

There is an option for starting a "private session" for free roam, race and decryption. I haven't tried it but I would assume you can play those with friends through that.
Online hacking and tailing have automatic matchmaking though.

All I ask is that I can party up and jump into some team games against others. Sounds like they've messed that up.

Top Bottom