• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Magnus

Got any ideas?

I swear I'd almost be more satisfied with a linear series of unlocks at first before being inundated with choices. I know how backward that must sound, but I truly feel like more hand-holding in the introductory hours is a good thing, to really ensure people get entrenched in the world before being presented with skill trees.

Nothing stopping me from playing that way, I guess.

Discovering skills as you play, either out in the world, by completing challenges, by defeating enemies, by following clues....all of that sounds more interesting to me than gaining xp on a regular basis and spending it.

Someone please figure out how to mod the game to be rainy all, or at least most, of the time.

This game looks incredible in the rain. Sunny weather can produce some nice views but it's inconsistent.

Yeah it's disappointing. I end up skipping through everything and just listen to Day N Nite over and over haha.

Exactly what I do. They need to put a Spotify plugin in there or something. This is really the lowest of the low when it comes to licensed soundtracks. You have to put in major effort to make something this lukewarm.

GPsych

Wow, this is an awesome game. Having an amazing time playing it. I'm not even really doing much of the storyline stuff. Just wandering around hacking things is crazy fun.

Only problem I have is suspension of disbelief after the 2nd or 3rd story mission.
When I was infiltrating that first CtoS location, I screwed up the stealth part and ended up killing like 10 security guards. I like how Aiden is all "I will protect my family!" and then murders 10 security guards just to trace a phone number.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lol at the npc's. I cause a traffic wreck, blocking a major intersection, and I hear various frustrated comments, like "honk honk honk" and "okay everyone knows you're there"

So many random conversations listened to.

Even got one where one tells the other to deliver a message, to "the guy in the hat." They don't understand what it means, but it's meant to be for me, as I listen in. Very creepy 4th wall type stuff

2 hours in and I'm loving in, I didn't think you could top gta5 immersion but I think they have done it here , interacting with cameras and scanning everyone I awesome.

Probably the only thing I don't like is the soundtrack and the driving takes getting some used to.

Anyone else find police chases pretty damn hard ? Early on there was a mission to deliver a car and when I do your chase begins. I found it easy to lose them initially but then evading those ctos scans got me everytime, is there an easy way to avoid them , seems no matter where u are packed if ure in its circle radius it gets u.

Tamanon

Banned
2 hours in and I'm loving in, I didn't think you could top gta5 immersion but I think they have done it here , interacting with cameras and scanning everyone I awesome.

Probably the only thing I don't like is the soundtrack and the driving takes getting some used to.

Anyone else find police chases pretty damn hard ? Early on there was a mission to deliver a car and when I do your chase begins. I found it easy to lose them initially but then evading those ctos scans got me everytime, is there an easy way to avoid them , seems no matter where u are packed if ure in its circle radius it gets u.

It's a timed thing, so the longer you're within the circle, the higher our discovered percentage gets. Can either get out of the circle or use a Comm Jammer to buy time as you leave.

Police are no joke in this game. Once you're found, it's hard as hell to get away.

Gaz_RB

I've figured out why I keep getting FFA Decryption. If the game has less than 4 players, you get FFA. More than four, Team Decryption.

The game honestly has like the worst soundtrack ever.

Massively disappointed by the soundtrack. It's horrible, what a missed opportunity. If the soundtrack is going to be this bad, at the very least allow us to use our own music.

I could spend hours in a freeroam if the music is good doing nothing but driving around, exploring and listening. Without that I don't see myself playing this game much once the story is done.

Mafia 2, The Saboteur, Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs...All smaller budgets, all far far far better soundtracks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If anyone on PC who has the digital deluxe content could tell me what it should say in your "acquired content" page that would be awesome.

seems the uplay site is running in a skeleton mode so I probably can't resolve yet anyway -_-

catmario

CTOS companion app is really mess.

No quick matches found even I was in quick match mode everyday (I played only 1 match), Ubisoft server broken frequently, sometimes app is broken without any cause.

Ubisoft should fix this. I want to live in virtual Chicago everyday, but they don't let me get in.

Trace

Banned
I've figured out why I keep getting FFA Decryption. If the game has less than 4 players, you get FFA. More than four, Team Decryption.

Any idea if it's possible to do online decryption with a friend? I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the PC version.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CTOS companion app is really mess.

No quick matches found even I was in quick match mode everyday (I played only 1 match), Ubisoft server broken frequently, sometimes app is broken without any cause.

Ubisoft should fix this. I want to live in virtual Chicago everyday, but they don't let me get in.
Ubisoft's servers across the board are strained right now. Uplay, support, whatever they're serving the ctOS app from. just hope it improves.

Gaz_RB

Any idea if it's possible to do online decryption with a friend? I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the PC version.

Have you tried starting a private session? And then they matchmake you? Idk.

It's bullshit if you cant because Ubi was talking about crews and shit in the multiplayer video.

So five isn't really an act but Act 2 is worth two acts by itself meaning about 5

The Acts are really just a way to divide the game up thematically, not really by amount of content.

Courage

I'm not particularly impressed with how this looks on the PS4, especially for 900p and 30fps. Maybe the raining special effects will win me over.

Certinty

Completed all the CtOS towers. Got to say it was a lot more fun than I expected, some of them were pretty challenging and creative.

SRTtoZ

My BIGGEST disappointment with Watch_Dogs is that there is no Twista, Do or Die, Common, Speedknot Mobstas, Crucial Conflict, Lupe Fiasco or Psychodrama.

How can you have a GTA style GAME, set in CHICAGO, and have RAP on the radio but not include ANY of these artist. Shame on Ubisoft.

I blame Canada.

G_Berry

Banned
What an incredible over exaggeration. I'm also playing on PS4 and it looks quite nice and the framerate is really solid.

Yup, frame rate is great on PS4. Considering the amount of detail too, it's amazing it holds up so well.

Just needs a little AA or DOF added. "please UBI, work that patch magic!"

MattDoza

Is the 360 version installation the same as GTA V; install disc one to the hard drive, and play straight from disc 2 (not installed to hard drive)?

ttech10

Yeah it's disappointing. I end up skipping through everything and just listen to Day N Nite over and over haha.

I heard that song come on and the "radio" was finally worth listening to. You can use the Media App to remove songs from the playlist so you can decide what plays.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Finished the Alone virtual trip.

Totally worth it for the outfit.

Andrew.

Banned
Someone mentioned you can steal Wu Tangs C.R.E.A.M. off of some ped. Soundtrack would be minimally redeemed if that's the case.

Courage

Also, whatsup with the driving? I don't wanna be that guy, but GTA takes a dump all over it in terms of weight and overall movement.

jonezer4

I was planning on stealing the ATM info from a guy.... turned out he was going through Chemo. Couldn't/Wouldn't do it.

You guys realize that ten seconds later that guy is removed from RAM and it's as if he never existed, right? He's not actually going to chemo. He is a lifeless, randomly generated class object represented by a bunch of polygons that happens to mention "chemo" in his description. That's the extent of his existence and affliction.

It's okay to take his fake money. He won't mind.

Double D

I can't get past the first 'Acquire' mission. I can get away from the cops initially, but then I try to drive to the drop point and I guess it 'Triangulates' on me or whatever and I can't seem to avoid those circles. I'm doing something wrong or just suck, because once the cops get back on me with the helicopter I just can't escape. And by that point my car is basically destroyed.

Help? How does the hide mechanic work? Can I turn off my phone or something so they can't track me? Really any advice here would be appreciated.

Gaz_RB

You guys realize that ten seconds later that guy is removed from RAM and it's as if he never existed, right? He's not actually going to chemo. He is a lifeless, randomly generated class object represented by a bunch of polygons that happens to mention "chemo" in his description. That's the extent of his existence and affliction.

Wait... What?

vbIU3Ie.gif

GPsych

This isn't true at all. I've seen Tron. You should see that documentary too if you haven't. I never understood how deeply programs feel until I saw it.

I don't have the game, but seeing how this is a "next-gen" game, its missing details that old ass GTA4 has.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGRsrFdwb2c

-No headlight shadows
-Way less vehicle damage
-No scrapes on walls
-no blood on cars after mowing over tons of people
-half assed reflections
-bad water hydrant phyics

If you don't have the game there should be a rule to just shut up. there is plenty of car damage in the game. as for the other stuff, i'm not busy looking at insignificant shit while i'm busying actually playing the game. if you don't want it dont get it. but now that the game is out, it should be enough of the people looking at pics and videos are arm chair quarterbacking shit they know nothing about.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Quit playing...

Tell the truth

Top Bottom