• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

ekim

Facebook pic of PS4 version:

10257983_1437562359828655_9004432274086898447_o.jpg

I'm nitpicking here but I dislike how far inwards the HUD is from the edge of the screen. I know it's to put it in the overscan safe zone but the PS4 allows you so set your screen size.

Also I'm assuming there's no option to put your phone away when you're walking around? It mildly annoys me seeing the occupation, salary, etc, details of the pedestrians all the time.

Press square to put away your phone.

Gaz_RB

I love the online lmao. Some guy was walking out of a coffee shop and I hacked him and then went hid behind the counter. The guy literally walked right past me at like 89%. He was panicking.

Lol same. I was hiding in this parking lot full of cars and the guy I was hacking just started grenade launching everything, killing me.

On this tail mission, my target got on a train right when I profiled him. I ended up chasing after him in a van as the train kept going. It worked until he looked out the back window of the train.

And this one I just did, the guy was getting chased by the cops and I was helping keep them off of him.

I feel the opposite. It doesn't seem to have the tight controls or polish of GTA or even AC for that matter.
Typically I can accept that some people just have different opinions, but nahhhh. There's no way anyone in their right mind would say something like this. Watch Dogs controls are buttery as fuck and way smoother, responsive, and intuitive than Ass Creed and especially GTA V. You are wrong and your opinion in this area is naught.

cackhyena

I'm nitpicking here but I dislike how far inwards the HUD is from the edge of the screen. I know it's to put it in the overscan safe zone but the PS4 allows you so set your screen size.

A lot of games are like that to me. They should always allow you to spread it to the edges if you want, I think.

Salaadin

I unlocked mine & it's in the wardrobe.

The issue i am having is i put my season pass code in & the content isn't showing up anywhere.
Hmmm

Did it unlock after a certain point? Ps4 shows it downloaded, is listed on my profile, but none of the in game items are there

Typically I can accept that some people just have different opinions, but nahhhh. There's no way anyone in their right mind would say something like this. Watch Dogs controls are buttery as fuck and way smoother, responsive, and intuitive than Ass Creed and especially GTA V. You are wrong and your opinion in this area is naught.

It also looks like they directly transfered the character movement and weighting over from AC. So saying it's not as good as AC is kinda funny.

On this tail mission, my target got on a train right when I profiled him. I ended up chasing after him in a van as the train kept going. It worked until he looked out the back window of the train.

So what happens when you're spotted? Does your mission fail?

char0n

Ugh, release day shipping from Amazon looks to have been a mistake. Got my game in the usual bubble-envelope which I haven't had troubles with in the past. Something felt off and I saw there was a practical fold in the game case. I opened it anyway (I didn't buy the game for the case, which I could replace later) hoping the disc would be ok and it looked totally fine, no cracks or scratches even, but when I put it in my PS4, my drive made a bunch of rev-up/slow-down noises in a row and then unexpected error :-\ Tried a couple more times, same thing. Submitted a broken goods replacement case to amazon and my replacement is ordered... and will be here in 2 days. So much for door-to-door convenience.

Also I'm assuming there's no option to put your phone away when you're walking around? It mildly annoys me seeing the occupation, salary, etc, details of the pedestrians all the time.

Just push Square again. It puts away your phone.

I have to say that I am liking the game now. Took me a bit of time to get into it. Did my first invasion and passed it, that was awesome.

The graphics are pretty awesome and the daytime lighting looks much better than in all the videos I have seen. I love the how the foliage moves in the wind. Story/characters are ok so far. I am ready for more!

kanuuna

So where do you get the dlc outfits? I can't find them anywhere.

I would imagine all of them to be available in the wardrobe from the get-go, unless there are missions associated with them.
In retrospect, I kinda wish I had pre-ordered the game go get my hands on some of those. There's plenty of outfits available in the stores for sure, but a lot of them just look silly to me. The leather jackets are definitely the prettiest option with the way they reflect light and environments.

Beefy

I would imagine all of them to be available in the wardrobe from the get-go, unless there are missions associated with them.
In retrospect, I kinda wish I had pre-ordered the game go get my hands on some of those. There's plenty of outfits available in the stores for sure, but a lot of them just look silly to me. The leather jackets are definitely the prettiest option with the way they reflect light and environments.

That's what I thought as well, but I only have the original outfit in my wardrobe.

kanuuna

That's what I thought as well, but I only have the original outfit in my wardrobe.

The PS4 exclusive outfit appeared there for myself at least. I'd guess that it could be bugged if you downloaded and installed the pre-order stuff after starting a new game, but I can't see that being a thing because they sell a Season Pass to unlock most of that.

chixdiggit

Is there any reward to the terrible alien shooter mini game? Because I'm at wave 16 and I want to quit as soon as possible and never want to play it again.

This game is amazing. Might be the best open world game I've ever played.

That's how I feel about it. No honey moon period or fanboy glasses. It has many flaws but it's the most fun I've ever had in a sandbox game. Even if Volition had made the real Saints Row 3, I'd still like Watch Dogs better. These controls are good enough to be in a linear stealth/shooter game. There's a bunch of side missions and surprisingly I don't find them rote as hell like other Ubisoft sandbox side crap. Plus, I haven't even turned multiplayer on yet. All Ubisoft has to do is flesh out the hacking more in the next game and that' shit'll be ace.

Beefy

The PS4 exclusive outfit appeared there for myself at least. I'd guess that it could be bugged if you downloaded and installed the pre-order stuff after starting a new game, but I can't see that being a thing because they sell a Season Pass to unlock most of that.

Think I should start a new game? Or contact Ubi?

Lakitu

st5fu
Spent the whole day playing it, just love it so far despite the usual Ubisoft trademark of piling on one useless thing after another.

I do enjoy the Fixer missions, Gang hideouts and Digital Trips though. The music that players during the Fixer missions is so good.

Game has a confusing attitude to murder/mayhem. "Gang missions" seem to be hurt 1 or 2 people whilst killing 20.

"Criminal convoy" appears to be don't use any cool hacking stealth stuff ever. Ram them, Take the car out with a hack at traffic light and kill a lot of dudes. Am I missing some nuances of play or is this really it?

The game seems to start asking you to do non lethal takedowns then puts you in situations where you have to scarface loads of dudes. I don't get it.

Gaz_RB

Game has a confusing attitude to murder/mayhem. "Gang missions" seem to be hurt 1 or 2 people whilst killing 20.

"Criminal convoy" appears to be don't use any cool hacking stealth stuff ever. Ram them, Take the car out with a hack at traffic light and kill a lot of dudes. Am I missing some nuances of play or is this really it?

The game seems to start asking you to do non lethal takedowns then puts you in situations where you have to scarface loads of dudes. I don't get it.

The non lethal take downs are in place to prevent you from simply grenade launching a convoy or going into a gang hideout before profiling your target.

Kelsey

Banned
I have the Season Pass but i have no idea where the stuff is or how to access it, it doesn't even say anywhere that i have actually got the season pass.

Which platform? On PS4 one of the notifications in the download area says Season Pass. There's also a few other downloads associated with it. Also on PS4 you can go into the game's menu on your main UI bar and look at all the add-ons that are associated with the game. If you own it on Xbox One, you can go into Games and Apps and hit the menu button on the Game and it will show you all the extras you have as well.

Lakitu

st5fu
Spent the whole day playing it, just love it so far despite the usual Ubisoft trademark of piling on one useless thing after another.

I do enjoy the Fixer missions, Gang hideouts and Digital Trips though. The music that players during the Fixer missions is so good. I haven't tried Convoys yet though, any tips to those ones?

On the other side of the coin, mundane crap like trying to hack something in so many minutes is annoying, as is encountering a possible crime for the billionth time.

Love using stealth, using cameras and distractions to my advantage then just using focus, silenced pistol and headshots, so rewarding.

The last hour I was just messing around alot, took a boat through the river in the Loop out into the ocean and the skyline during the night was amazing. I went to the lighthouse and it started to rain, so I gifted about $200. What's the deal with that anyway? If I drop it off, somebody else in a completely different game can pick it up? Also, when does online trailing become an option for me? And I also can't unlock some skill points because it tells me I need to do 'Open Your World' or something. I've only done about 2 or 3 story missions so far, the rest of the time I was just messing around.

Top Bottom