• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

JerC

2 hours in and I'm loving in, I didn't think you could top gta5 immersion but I think they have done it here , interacting with cameras and scanning everyone I awesome.

Probably the only thing I don't like is the soundtrack and the driving takes getting some used to.

Anyone else find police chases pretty damn hard ? Early on there was a mission to deliver a car and when I do your chase begins. I found it easy to lose them initially but then evading those ctos scans got me everytime, is there an easy way to avoid them , seems no matter where u are packed if ure in its circle radius it gets u.

Yeah I had to bail off the side of a bridge when I got boxed in during that mission. Boats make it way easier to get away from the cops. And it gets easier once you can control bollards and stuff like that to total the cop cars.

Gurrry

So.. ive been playing and streaming for the past 2 hours (xb1)...

This game is fucking bad ass. Im getting deep into it. The online is awesome. Every time ive done one of the hacking ones or ive been invaded, its been heart pounding. Ive had a few epic chases too where I was constantly hacking as I tried to evade him, all to eventually crash and die lol.

But yeah, this game is awesome. Fully worth the purchase. And this is the first game ive played that made me feel like the graphics were actually much improved over 360.

Linconan

Loving Watchdogs,
Yes it's a love hate relationship, but this is a relationship with fighting for.

They didn't deliver on what they showcased in Graphics, but def delivered on the Gameplay.

FaintDeftone

My quick thoughts after an hour plus of playing the PS4 version.

+ The graphics are great. Sure it doesn't look quite as good as the reveal, but it still looks very impressive.

+ Gun mechanics feel really nice. I enjoyed the gunfights I participated in.

+ This game makes high speed chases fun seeing as you can stop cars by using means other than ramming them repeatedly.

+ Framerate is rock solid throughout.

- Driving mechanics are some of the worst in an open world game. I'm hoping leveling up your driving skills will help, but right now I basically hate driving in this game.

- The screen is too damn cluttered with so many things going on with the HUD at once. I find it distracting.

- Tutorial could do a better job at explaining the controls. This is a very minor complaint though.

- Story tries too hard to be emotional, but falls flat every time it tries.

I still have plenty more to play so we'll see how it goes. I feel bad for laughing at folks live streaming and driving horribly. I found out the hard way that it isn't really their fault...

Oh, and why does every Ubisoft game have some sort of "capture the towers" element? Sort of strange...

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm not particularly impressed with how this looks on the PS4, especially for 900p and 30fps. Maybe the raining special effects will win me over.

I don't see how anyone would even know it was 900p on PS4 if nobody told them. I really wouldn't.

Prezhulio

played for an hour or so on xbone, liking it a ;pt. the police escape part is really fun, like open world hot pursuit. seems like a pretty deep progression system to keep you really busy to boot.

sure it's not all that impressive looking, but i'm looking forward to putting some time in over the next couple months.

You guys realize that ten seconds later that guy is removed from RAM and it's as if he never existed, right? He's not actually going to chemo. He is a lifeless, randomly generated class object represented by a bunch of polygons that happens to mention "chemo" in his description. That's the extent of his existence and affliction.

It's okay to take his fake money. He won't mind.

I guessing you enjoy massacres in GTA?

Is there a way to remove the mini map? I'm on a roof and it's overcast, there's smoke coming out of a few chimneys and it just looks so damn sexy that I want to take a screenshot on the PS4, but not with that over sized mini-map ruining it.

Courage

I don't see how anyone would even know it was 900p on PS4 if nobody told them. I really wouldn't.

I'm not saying I could tell, but you would expect some compensation in some other visual aspects of the game (maybe some improved lighting or textures, or maybe even fix the pop in) but instead it looks 'okay' even after the fact they had to compromise with a lower resolution.

Ascenion

Finally had a chance to start it. Looking like another Assassin's Creed in the making with a lot of really good ideas at work here,just not meshing together perfectly. Stoked to try mp after I get more used to the game.

JerC

After playing this on 1080p on PC all day I can easily see the jagged edges on the PS4 version. It's a pity as I would have liked to buy this game for PS4 to play with friends.

EDIT: should say on PS4 screenshots on this thread.

I'm not saying I could tell, but you would expect some compensation in some other visual aspects of the game (maybe some improved lighting or textures, or maybe even fix the pop in) but instead it looks 'okay' even after the fact they had to compromise with a lower resolution.

played 5 hours and didnt notice pop in..it would have to effect gameplay for me to notice it.

Bumcleaver

Neo Member
Despite the shit-storm over E3-gate, I'm pleasantly enjoying it.

Chasing a felon whilst activating an electrical blast, resulting in said person being catapulted into a garbage bin, is a good thing.

lem0n

All this talk of jaggies, resolution and other assorted bullshit, and I'm just sitting here having a great time

Gaz_RB

What's your guys' hacking tips? Tailing is a breeze, but the past few times I've had to run because the people I was hacking found me.

My main strat is to hide somewhere until he has searched an area, then I move to that area and try to blend in with the peds he's already searched. But the circle gets so small by the end that its hard to hack 100%

Strider

You guys realize that ten seconds later that guy is removed from RAM and it's as if he never existed, right? He's not actually going to chemo. He is a lifeless, randomly generated class object represented by a bunch of polygons that happens to mention "chemo" in his description. That's the extent of his existence and affliction.

It's okay to take his fake money. He won't mind.

You mean they aren't real!? MIND BLOWN

Played the first few missions

Definitely glad I rented this, I'm not enjoying it very much.

I can see some neat ideas but maybe I'm over these style of open world games. There's no interesting hook for me this time (push square to awesome is not an interesting thing for me)

Nintyb

Banned
The pop in on the 360 version borders on being unforgivable. You'll be driving along and cars randomly appear 20 feet in front of you.

Aside from that, the visuals/performance is decent enough.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
:lol

I'm so fail at 1 v 1 hacking.. everytime i lose. Notoriety back to zero! :/

I've yet to manage a 100% hack, highest I got was like 50+%.

I just don't know how you can do it, I always get found and just end up evading the guy.

What's your guys' hacking tips? Tailing is a breeze, but the past few times I've had to run because the people I was hacking found me

Public places or outside the box hiding places - anything else and as the search radius narrows they'll eventually find you out.

Plenty of AI means there's loads of leg work for them to do - if you see them getting close don't be afraid to cause a public panic yourself with an explosion - when the crowd goes nuts in different directions you are free to run and relocate. Use camera's to extend your reach and confuse in the early game.

The last twenty percent for me always takes place in cover, dodging out of the players FOV as they get closer - anyone got any tips for end game when the radius is pathetic?

What's your guys' hacking tips? Tailing is a breeze, but the past few times I've had to run because the people I was hacking found me.

My main strat is to hide somewhere until he has searched an area, then I move to that area and try to blend in with the peds he's already searched. But the circle gets so small by the end that its hard to hack 100%

You need to find a dark, out-of-the-way corner to hide in. The player doesn't have all day to look in every nook and cranny. Hide out out-of-sight, and they'll never find you.

vilmer_

Uncompressed PS4 caps. Still fairly early in the game, this folder will be over a terabyte soon :lol

isSDaOxzBcJi3.bmp

iOR46dBKzlMcI.bmp

lem0n

So we can praise how pretty a game looks, but can't criticize it? Gotcha.
Being critical is fine, that's our right as customers. But I'd assume that's not what everyone wants to discuss online here?

It's just like, "we get it", at this point

Courage

Being critical is fine, that's our right as customers. But I'd assume that's not what everyone wants to discuss online here?

It's just like, "we get it", at this point

I'll consult with you next time I wanna express an opinion on a game, just in case you haven't read a similar comment in any other thread.

Pandemic

With this ctos companion app, it asks me to sign into the Playstation Network so I do, then takes me back to the app, login to uplay again then it asks for me to log in again, and it repeats?

I thought there would be some sort of effect on Karma/Notoriety with the Hacking for cash.

Turns out, there isn't.

I'm just a massive thief now.
I do it all the time in this game, bought almost all outfits in the first hour of the game lol. I kept getting bank info from single mothers who didn't make nothing, but had more money than the rich people in the bank.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I cannot believe you can't shoot and drive in this.

Even though the NPCs can.

Fuck. Off. With that shit.

FaintDeftone

With this ctos companion app, it asks me to sign into the Playstation Network so I do, then takes me back to the app, login to uplay again then it asks for me to log in again, and it repeats?

For me, as soon as I log into PSN it keeps kicking me to the home screen on my Nexus 7.

Andrew.

Banned
So we can praise how pretty a game looks, but can't criticize it? Gotcha.

Come on man. Criticism is all this game has gotten since the whole "downgrade-ation" fiasco. Whatever you want to fucking call it. People just need to give it a rest and swallow the fact that it's gotten good reviews for the most part and at the same time it can be polarizing, Ubisoft or not. The game isn't broken. It looks fine and plays fine for what it is. It's not pulling rabbits out of fucking hats. Who cares. We get it. But guess what?

The game is FUN.

I'm surprised by how much work they put into Remote Play on PS4 (aka more than everyone else does lol).

They change the button icons to match the Vita counterpart.

Game plays great on high settings with a 270 w/ i5, frames fluctuate just a bit when driving really fast, Im guessing thats normal. Im really early in the game, can you go all out in red zones, whats the consequences, ill play stealth there but wondering.

What about in the last 10 percent when the radius all but circles you?

At that point, it depends on how good your hiding spot is and how determined the player is on finding you. :)

You can also try going above / below the normal height of the map. That will help out. Remember, you have 5 minutes before you need to initiate the hack and alert the player of your presence. Use that time to scope out the area and find the spot you're going to go hide in.

lem0n

I'll consult with you next time I wanna express an opinion on a game, just in case you haven't read a similar comment in any other thread.

Wasn't speaking of you, personally- was just saying, in general. It's been covered. That's all I meant by my post. :shrug:

Joeki11a

Banned
Uncompressed PS4 caps.

isSDaOxzBcJi3.bmp

iOR46dBKzlMcI.bmp

Played 4 hours...

First off always play at night, day time this game looks horrible, like late PS2 early PS3.
AC black flag looks more Crisp than this.

Second I guess it is a Ubi type of thing but this all felt like a Tutorial, I only felt unchained after 3 hours.

I loved a early mission where it looked like I had to go guns blazing, then I said wtf let me go full watchdogs. It end it up with me hacking all the way to a guys phone camera and I caused distractions leading him( phone cam view ) to the objective I had to hack!. Thats when I said THIS IS WATCHDOGS!.

The overall story so far seems like Max Payne...gameplay as in Free Roam open world game feels good, but I am hacking more than full on GTA madness.

Top Bottom