• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

psychotron

Got my PS4 copy. At first it seemed a bit underwhelming but I'm finally getting the hang of it and starting to enjoy it. Approaching from a Deus Ex perspective has helped.

As far as graphics, this game can be gorgeous in spots, but average in others. But, there has been no stuttering, which was what ruined infamous for me. Also, you can enter buildings with no loading and drive cars. I can accept any visual issues based on these positives.

JJP12

how the fuck do you get police to stop chasing you? I was taking down a guy who was SHOOTING AT PEOPLE and after I did, they went after ME for no reason. I ran all over the entire city and no matter how far away I get there are always new ones springing up near me. It's bullshit.

Yeah this is annoying for me as well. Everyone says you just need to hack to get away... All I can ever hack is electric signs and traffic lights. Those never help. Sometimes I can use a barrier to stop them but there's more cops when I come out the other side lol. Hopefully I'm just playing bad and I'll get better at everything.

BondFancy

GAF I'm on the fence about buying it, convince me why I should get it. I am a fan of open world games but strongly disliked the GTA series. I love being able to level up and use skill trees and such as well.

Kelsey

Banned
Yeah this is annoying for me as well. Everyone says you just need to hack to get away... All I can ever hack is electric signs and traffic lights. Those never help. Sometimes I can use a barrier to stop them but there's more cops when I come out the other side lol. Hopefully I'm just playing bad and I'll get better at everything.

Bridges are your friend. Cops apparently are too scared to jump them.

Chitown B

even if you hack a barrier it only gets the guys directly behind you. then what? It seems like no matter what you do, you can't blend in. They always know where you are.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah escaping the cops is tough and a pain in the ass, but no one has yet stated that at least when you deal with it and succeed you get experience points.

Which is good.

leng jai

Mechanically this game is so far ahead of GTA5 it isn't funny (aside from driving, which is pitiful). The traversal and gunplay are very good. Thankfully the sound design and mixing are also implemented well. No glaring issues like with some recent titles like Wolfenstein and Infamous. I'm surprised by how good the cutscenes are a well - very polished with solid voice acting.

While the game does look significantly better at night, I feel like the comments about how terrible it looks during the day to be overblown. It's more like the game looks merely good during the day and "next gen" at night.

Hack and go in allies or garages and just hide out.

Tamanon

Banned
how the fuck do you get police to stop chasing you? I was taking down a guy who was SHOOTING AT PEOPLE and after I did, they went after ME for no reason. I ran all over the entire city and no matter how far away I get there are always new ones springing up near me. It's bullshit.

Go to your hideout and rest if you can. That resets your police meter.

Mechanically this game is so far ahead of GTA5 it isn't funny (aside from driving, which is pitiful). The traversal and gunplay are very good. Thankfully the sound design and mixing are also implemented well. No glaring issues like with some recent titles like Wolfenstein and Infamous. I'm surprised by how good the cutscenes are a well - very polished with solid voice acting.

While the game does look significantly better at night, I feel like the comments about how terrible it looks during the day to be overblown. It's more like the game looks merely good during the day and "next gen" at night.

How? The shooting certainly isn't any better, and lacks basic features like blindfire. Movement isn't particularly smooth either, especially the cover implementation. Sprinting is certainly fast though.

Hate the police searches in this game. Loved how in GTA V you could duck into a building or down an alley and the police could miss you. You didn't have to drive off and start a giant chase. That silly scanning system in Watch Dogs prevents anything of that nature here :/

Xenon

The key is changing an upcoming red to green just as you pass the intersection. Use focus to time it just right. It causes cars to jump into their way.

Aces&Eights

Whelp, I'm in the minority I guess. I'm just not feelin this game at all. I really, really wanted to like it as I did ACBF but it is just not clicking for me. I can't really put my finger on it but it just seems boring. I don't like the GTA series and even struggled to play more than a few hours of Sleeping Dogs. It's strange because Infamous is one of my most favorite games ever and I have the plats for all three installments. I'm thinking I just don't like driving around a city. I love open worlds but doing the whole drive across town to start mission, then drive back across town to find bad guy then chase is not for me.

Visually, the game looks alright but the ps4 version is jaggie city. The side missions are already boring me, too. Drive a car here, then there. Watch for bad guy to cause trouble then chase, ad nasuem.

What really made me turn it off and put the game back in the case to trade in tomorrow were the cops. I shot a guy and someone called the cops. I ran pretty far away and was hidden in a back yard well from view of anyone. The cops roll up and automatically know where I am. They surround the yard and are yelling at me through a fricking brickwall to come out. WTF? There is no way they should have known I was there. That just made me realized that this game is not what I expected at all. It's a slightly prettier GTV that allows you to hack some stuff. Not for me.

I guess I was thinking Splinter Cell meets Deus Ex Human Revolution in an open world. Its more GTA meets Max Payne in American City of Sleeping Dogs.

I am not saying all this to be a dick or to troll. I have been closely following this game for a while and was worried but still had hopes and dropped the 60 bucks because I love the AC games so much. I just feel I have to type this, somewhere, here on the internet because I'm actually really disappointed that I don't like the game.

At least GameStop said they will accept it on trade and give me 40 credit. Mario Kart 8, it seems, will be my go to game for the next month.

How? The shooting certainly isn't any better, and lacks basic features like blindfire. Movement isn't particularly smooth either, especially the cover implementation. Sprinting is certainly fast though.

The shooting seems pretty fluid to me and the cover system seems decent, I want to go somewhere and I press a button and you go there while you can freely switch to viewing from a camera while your character still moves.

JJP12

I find trying to take out someone in a vehicle pretty frustrating. I ram them over and over with no progress. It's like they're driving tanks lol. Is there a way to shoot while driving? I think it said R1 is use your selected tool but it never really works. I'm really enjoying the game overall, just the driving and the online hacking parts have been a bit annoying.

JLeack

Banned
Whelp, I'm in the minority I guess. I'm just not feelin this game at all. I really, really wanted to like it as I did ACBF but it is just not clicking for me. I can't really put my finger on it but it just seems boring. I don't like the GTA series and even struggled to play more than a few hours of Sleeping Dogs. It's strange because Infamous is one of my most favorite games ever and I have the plats for all three installments. I'm thinking I just don't like driving around a city. I love open worlds but doing the whole drive across town to start mission, then drive back across town to find bad guy then chase is not for me.

Visually, the game looks alright but the ps4 version is jaggie city. The side missions are already boring me, too. Drive a car here, then there. Watch for bad guy to cause trouble then chase, ad nasuem.

What really made me turn it off and put the game back in the case to trade in tomorrow were the cops. I shot a guy and someone called the cops. I ran pretty far away and was hidden in a back yard well from view of anyone. The cops roll up and automatically know where I am. They surround the yard and are yelling at me through a fricking brickwall to come out. WTF? There is no way they should have known I was there. That just made me realized that this game is not what I expected at all. It's a slightly prettier GTV that allows you to hack some stuff. Not for me.

I guess I was thinking Splinter Cell meets Deus Ex Human Revolution in an open world. Its more GTA meets Max Payne in American City of Sleeping Dogs.

I am not saying all this to be a dick or to troll. I have been closely following this game for a while and was worried but still had hopes and dropped the 60 bucks because I love the AC games so much. I just feel I have to type this, somewhere, here on the internet because I'm actually really disappointed that I don't like the game.

At least GameStop said they will accept it on trade and give me 40 credit. Mario Kart 8, it seems, will be my go to game for the next month.

IMO you need to enjoy stealth games to really dig Watch Dogs. It doesn't play nearly as fun as GTA when you dart in like a bat out of hell. It's when you slow down and play methodically that it reveals its true form.

It's next to impossible for me to find any Online Hacking or Tailing. Never found any players. :(

Just stay in the lobby someone will eventually pop up. You can only hack or tail someone if they screw up and let someone call Plume on them(the guys you hack with purple in their description will do this).

nate75

Really enjoying the game so far , lots to see and do in a nicely constructed living breathing city . The cover system works great, combat is enjoyably solid and the cars have a good feeling of weight as you dodge in and out of traffic at high speed. Overall inspite of the delay, downgrade uproar and 900p resolution its turned out to be a highly entertaining experience.

tzbUnbj.jpg

fMPn4KY.jpg

ItjlNiY.jpg

uCAQPF6.jpg

lem0n

I'm trying to "find the guard with the access code", one of the first missions. I can't seem to find him/her??

Chitown B

What really made me turn it off and put the game back in the case to trade in tomorrow were the cops. I shot a guy and someone called the cops. I ran pretty far away and was hidden in a back yard well from view of anyone. The cops roll up and automatically know where I am. They surround the yard and are yelling at me through a fricking brickwall to come out. WTF? There is no way they should have known I was there.

this pisses me off as well

Chitown B

IMO you need to enjoy stealth games to really dig Watch Dogs. It doesn't play nearly as fun as GTA when you dart in like a bat out of hell. It's when you slow down and play methodically that it reveals its true form.

i WISH it was stealthy. It seems like you can't do anything without the cops being on your ass in two seconds, and you can't hide.

What is up with the car sounds. The motorcycle sounds like some weird autotune and the horns have this strange synth sound

That's the exact mission I was on. I got away like 3 different times and Ctos kept spotting me on my way to the drop off point. Then the heli never goes away aha

Yeah, that's the one haha. I almost ripped my controller in half when I eluded the cops and got to the drop point only to discover that those yellow circles were "get the hell outta dodge" markers and not home free ones >_<

Kariodude

Banned
I guess no one that got the game through the Indian Origin website has got the game yet? I guess I'm just gonna cancel it and buy it again.

PSN version says it's stuck at installing at 44%, been like that for at least 5 minutes now, hit me right as I was escaping the stadium.... what should I do? There's no other way to check progress and I think this is bugged out, my mistake for thinking Sony can handle digital games finally I guess.

mrqs

Cutscenes aren't real time, right? Just saw one and then look at the enviroment/characters and the overall lighting, shadows and skin shaders are much worse.

Is it in-engine? It's weird 'cause doesn't seem like a pre-rendered movie. But it can be just a trick, like they do with Uncharted.

Gvaz

Banned

Really? We're in a city where there are cameras everywhere and everyone can be hacked and found their location, and you're complaining the cops know exactly where you are? Think man.

jond76

Banned
I actually try not to use focus that too often. Feels like cheating. I might be the minority that comes to this.

Most of the time I forget those abilities are there. In The Last Of Us I never used the listen ability.

So far I'm digging this. Glad to see that others have gotten past their graphical hang ups and are seeing that the game is lots of fun.

hydruxo

I must be missing something because the cops have been fairly easy to evade for me. More so in this game than GTA because you have so many options to get them off your tail. The only time I had an issue with the cops was during a gang hideout when a bystander heard me fire a gun and called the cops. That was annoying.

After a few hours playing today on ps4 I cant really say I am impressed. Graphics are okay I suppose. The unrealistic driving is terrible. Very arcadey. The mini games are the best part so far. Hopefully the next couple more hours will make me change my mind. I really want to like this game.

PSN version says it's stuck at installing at 44%, been like that for at least 5 minutes now, hit me right as I was escaping the stadium.... what should I do? There's no other way to check progress and I think this is bugged out, my mistake for thinking Sony can handle digital games finally I guess.
Well was forced to delete it and now have to wait apparently 40 hours for it to re-download. I had to work from 6 until 10 tonight and had my PS4 on standby last night and this is what happens. Fuck you Ubisoft and fuck you Sony. Jesus Christ how is online infrastructure so incompetent where I can't even play a singleplayer game within the first 24 hours of purchase. What the fuck.

Andrew.

Banned
Well was forced to delete it and now have to wait apparently 40 hours for it to re-download. I had to work from 6 until 10 tonight and had my PS4 on standby last night and this is what happens. Fuck you Ubisoft and fuck you Sony. Jesus Christ how is online infrastructure so incompetent where I can't even play a singleplayer game within the first 24 hours of purchase. What the fuck.

Maybe don't go digital next time?

Digital is so pointless to me unless it's a specifically made download only game. If I'm paying 60 bucks I want something to hold in my hands besides a fucking controller.

The criers in this thread have been off the fucking wall. It's insane.

Really makes this forum look fantastic in the most shitty way possible. Especially when we are the ones that are supposed to be the true lovers and the true pros.

I've been playing the game for about 7 hours today and I don't think I'm 10% done with the campaign. There is just so much to do you get distracted with people invading your game or stopping a robbery.

I have never played a game that helps me ignore the campaign so much--this is a good thing.

Also has anyone been able to access the pre-order bonuses or the season pass content?

RoKKeR

Digital is so pointless to me unless it's a specifically made download only game. If I'm paying 60 bucks I want something to hold in my hands besides a fucking controller.

Digital is not pointless, what a ridiculous statement.

Criers? They said it would be available for pre-load up until like a week ago, excuse me for wanting to buy a game digital in 2014, and having it set to download since midnight last night and still not having it be ready 24 hours later.

You're the infamous vigilante - they're trying to take you down.

Get in a car and initiate a chase or break line or sight and stealth your way out

Chitown B

what? it's that important to you to hold a game case? Rather than instant game switching and zero shelf storage / swapping discs?

You're the infamous vigilante - they're trying to take you down.

Get in a car and initiate a chase or break line or sight and stealth your way out

I've tried both. They always seem to know where you are.

Top Bottom