• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I did one of the 'surprise crime' side missions the other night; turns out that I unknowingly got too close to the would-be perpetrator...

MISSION FAILED: THE CRIME WAS NOT COMMITTED.

My fucking god.

I did one of the 'surprise crime' side missions the other night; turns out that I unknowingly got too close to the would-be perpetrator...

MISSION FAILED: THE CRIME WAS NOT COMMITTED.

My fucking god.

This happens to me all the fucking time. I'm confused about how close I need to get and then when I see the percentage going down I run away from them and it only goes down quicker.

Chitown B

I said if unless it's a purely download only game. Like transistor or limbo or braid etc. come on.

yeah we know what you said. it's still ridiculous.

The ease of going anywhere and logging in on any X1 or PS4 and being able to download and play any game you've ever purchased without needed to carry them with you or worry about damaging or losing them.

Andrew.

Banned
what? it's that important to you to hold a game case? Rather than instant game switching and zero shelf storage

If I'm paying 60 bucks for something yeah, I want the hard copy. It's not that hard to understand. To each their own. But I just don't understand the bitching about downloading speeds and how long it takes when that's what you paid for partly: The waiting period.

I said if unless it's a purely download only game. Like transistor or limbo or braid etc. come on.
Even then, instant game switching, no disc/box taking up space, it's much more convenient since I'm low on physical space to store games.

Andrew. said:
If I'm paying 60 bucks for something yeah, I want the hard copy. It's not that hard to understand. To each their own. But I just don't understand the bitching about downloading speeds and how long it takes when that's what you paid for partly: The waiting period.
I paid so I could download it while I was sleeping and at work and by the time I got home it was there for me, no shipping or driving out of my way required. They advertised this heavily on the PS4 as Day 1 digital, and it's clearly not for me, so yes I'm kind of pissed off.

Andrew.

Banned
Even then, instant game switching, no disc/box taking up space, it's much more convenient since I'm low on physical space to store games.

Okay well that's your own personal nerd factor. I have plenty of space to store my stuff. If it's more convenient for you then rock on.

Stainless

PSN version says it's stuck at installing at 44%, been like that for at least 5 minutes now, hit me right as I was escaping the stadium.... what should I do? There's no other way to check progress and I think this is bugged out, my mistake for thinking Sony can handle digital games finally I guess.

Just close the game and wait for it to finish. It did that to me at 66% when I was almost out of stadium. I closed it and went back like 20 mins later it was fine. Saved me at the exact spot I was, too

Chitown B

lol. you paid for the waiting period. you're a riot.

I have to say the Giant Bomb quick look has opened my eyes to the game. Looks like a decent game but I don't know if its $60 worth of fun. Think I'm going to wait it out for a month or so. I mean I'll probably still pay full price but I'm going to stand my ground for now.

This happens to me all the fucking time. I'm confused about how close I need to get and then when I see the percentage going down I run away from them and it only goes down quicker.

Haha. I was more just getting at the ridiculous accompanying text.

I indirectly prevented a crime. What a goddamn failure. Everyone knows that you should let the crime happen, then brutally murder the perp. God, Aiden. You are so dumb.

Andrew.

Banned
lol. you paid for the waiting period. you're a riot.

What are you talking about? I bought it, I walked out of the store and I came home and I popped the disc in and I played it. I didn't have to wait for shit except behind the stinky people at Gamestop and of course that crap initial loading screen

RoKKeR

That doesn't make your point any more agreeable. So Steam is pointless yeah? "Come on."

OT: Played through until the
stadium blackout
and had to call it a night but the little bit I played was fun. Looks better than I thought it would on XBO and I can already tell the hacking is going to be fun, if not a bid repetitive here and there.

REV 09

I'm surprised at how much i'm digging this game. I wasn't even that interested in it pre-release. I thought the hacking looked boring, but it's actually a really fun mechanic. So far the game has a surprising amount of polish. I would love for Ubi to annually release WD in May and AC in Nov....we need better games that consistently release around this time of the year.

I have to say the Giant Bomb quick look has opened my eyes to the game. Looks like a decent game but I don't know if its $60 worth of fun. Think I'm going to wait it out for a month or so. I mean I'll probably still pay full price but I'm going to stand my ground for now.

This is Ubisoft. You won't have to pay full retail if you wait a month, the game will be on sale.

What really made me turn it off and put the game back in the case to trade in tomorrow were the cops. I shot a guy and someone called the cops. I ran pretty far away and was hidden in a back yard well from view of anyone. The cops roll up and automatically know where I am. They surround the yard and are yelling at me through a fricking brickwall to come out. WTF? There is no way they should have known I was there.

The cops aren't that hard to outsmart but they're not retarded either - if they catch a glimpse of you they will follow and do their best to assume your route if you slip out of sight.

Use logic to escape the situation instead of treating it like a wanted level - that's what worked for me. If they lose sight of you for a long time they get confused and spread out giving you a chance to escape the perimetre.

Now on GTAV if you have a wanted level and are in the search radius, the cops will be drawn to you no matter how well hidden you are or avoid them as long as you're in the radius.

That's the problem I think a lot of people are having, not just directing this at you. People are used to getting out of a radius and speeding away where its possible and sometimes better to outsmart the police in WD.

It's weird. When i'm not playing one of these Ubisoft games, it's easy to make fun of them and be cynical, but when you play them it feels great. I'm having fun. Maybe after this I won't be so cynical between releases.

Chitown B

What are you talking about? I bought it, I walked out of the store and I came home and I popped the disc in and I played it. I didn't have to wait for shit except behind the stinky people at Gamestop and of course that crap initial loading screen

I was able to start playing the game 30 minutes after I started downloading it. That is negligible and the same amount of time or less than it would have taken to go to a store and stand in line to buy a disc and case that would just sit on a shelf or in a drawer.

Unai

This
pizza guy
mission is hard. Most of the time I didn't have to use a gun up to now, but now there are tons of people shooting at me. I guess I better find a way to run, because there is no way I going to kill this much people with a gamepad.

Today would have been the perfect day to play, perfect atmosphere, feeling great, house to my self, and the fucking delivery guy doesn't show up.

I'm done with futureshop.

Grisby

So, how's the online parts of it. Are they adding to you dudes game experience or are they a annoying? Not picking up my copy until tomorrow.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I was able to start playing the game 30 minutes after I started downloading it. That is negligible and the same amount of time or less than it would have taken to go to a store and stand in line to buy a disc and case that would just sit on a shelf or in a drawer.

But I can't trade in my digital copy towards another game.

Besides that, it's personal preference. Who cares what other people choose to do with their money.

Andrew.

Banned

Holy shit I could play the game fucking immediately as soon as I put the disc in.

I'm done fuckin with you dude. I'm sorry you took offense to my joke.

Chitown B

But I can't trade in my digital copy towards another game.

Besides that, it's personal preference. Who cares what other people choose to do with their money.

I'm being argued with, so someone else obviously cares.

It's true you can't trade in digital games. But I don't really buy games anymore that I'm not pretty sure I'm going to want to keep. Plus the amount of money I'd get for them by the time I'm fully done is not worth the trouble.

Holy shit I could play the game fucking immediately as soon as I put the disc in.

Uh, nope. You still have to install the game.

I posted it a few pages back but I'll say it again.

I was in a cop chase and I ended up crashing outside this construction site - I dive out the car and make my way into the building just before the cops arrive.

I get upstairs and go through a room or two, turns out this area is pretty spacious - I take cover at the back of the room.

Now the police are actively searching the site for me, there are two hanging around the stairs I just came up and from outside the window I can see them spreading out around the site. A cop comes all the way into the room and hesitates - he doesn't bother checking the back, patience pays off and eventually the search is called off.

The cops don't just leave though, my heat is reduced but its not gone. It doesn't look as if they are probing the site anymore but they've set up a perimeter.

Now I sneak out staying out of line of sight and eventually get far enough away from the cops that I can sprint outside of the grey circle - escape achieved - in a movie like action scene from a random car chase.

Chitown B

I posted it a few pages back but I'll say it again.

I was in a cop chase and I ended up crashing outside this construction site - I dive out the car and make my way into the building just before the cops arrive.

I get upstairs and go through a room or two, turns out this area is pretty spacious - I take cover at the back of the room.

Now the police are actively searching the site for me, a cop comes all the way into the room and hesitates - he doesn't bother checking the back, patience pays off and eventually the search is called off.

The cops don't just leave though, my heat is reduced but its not gone. It doesn't look as if they are probing the site anymore but they've set up a perimeter.

Now I sneak out staying out of line of sight and eventually get far enough away from the cops that I can sprint outside of the grey circle - escape achieved - in a movie like action scene from a random car chase.

cool for you. I tried to do the same type of thing - went upstairs in a construction site. Two cops came up and went right for me, even though I was hidden.

I've been trying to keep an eye on the perp with security cameras, as that let's you keep your distance and still keep them in sight. But the timing seems pretty tricky at times depending on the crime being commited.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm being argued with, so someone else obviously cares.

It's true you can't trade in digital games. But I don't really buy games anymore that I'm not pretty sure I'm going to want to keep. Plus the amount of money I'd get for them by the time I'm fully done is not worth the trouble.

I agree with what you're saying. I'm simply trying to say, it's ok to do whatever you like with your money.

I prefer to get some value back if I think I'll never play a game again. Everyone is different, and that's a good thing.

I like having the option to trade in my games when I'm done. For me, it's about options.

Edit: also, the game was indeed playable practically right away after inserting the disc.

Chitown B

I agree with what you're saying. I'm simply trying to say, it's ok to do whatever you like with your money.

I prefer to get some value back if I think I'll never play a game again. Everyone is different, and that's a good thing.

I like having the option to trade in my games when I'm done. For me, it's about options.

fair enough :)

Has anyone been able to do an online invasion on PS4? When I queue up for one, it says avg wait time of 2:00 min, but then it never finds one.

The Online Tailing missions are a hit and a miss, sometimes it'll find someone and sometimes it won't.

Has anyone been able to do an online invasion on PS4? When I queue up for one, it says avg wait time of 2:00 min, but then it never finds one.

The Online Tailing missions are a hit and a miss, sometimes it'll find someone and sometimes it won't.

It works for me, what I do is normally just roam around or do a side mission while I wait for it.

i've done one and had one done to me. the one i did it popped up on the side of the screen like regular side mission pop ups.

cool for you. I tried to do the same type of thing - went upstairs in a construction site. Two cops came up and went right for me, even though I was hidden.

Interesting. Maybe the police saw you enter - I don't think they did with me, which explains why some cops were fanning out around the site, I think if the red field of view bar fills up even a little then they've caught a glimpse and will be more perceptive about where you've gone.

Or maybe I've just got lucky with these experiences and the system is stupid, I think its something I will be experimenting with tomorrow.

LOL! Same scenario as you. Watched hockey, have some beer sitting with me, and now all I have new is Wolfenstein which I'm not feeling right now.

FUCK.

At least the Habs won :p. I was so close to just buying another copy and returning the other one but I held strong.

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm not even going to give this game a shot until its at least $20. I haven't seen a video yet that makes me go , "Wow i must play this!".

Chitown B

Interesting. Maybe the police saw you enter - I don't think they did with me, which explains why some cops were fanning out around the site, I think if the red field of view bar fills up even a little then they've caught a glimpse and will be more perceptive about where you've gone.

Or maybe I've just got lucky with these experiences and the system is stupid, I think its something I will be experimenting with tomorrow.

I need to learn the system better. Maybe there are things I can do to get away easier

Top Bottom