• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Vostro

Ok I have this problem where my mouse cursor won't stay within watch_dogs, it always runs to my second monitor even on third person mode. I checked to see if this problem occur in other games but nope. the problem is only this game. What should I do when I don't really have a gamepad to play with?

Saganator

Seems like there is usually a camera to hack near by where a crime is about to happen, if you observe using that, you're less likely to fuck it up.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Running from the cops.

Didn't end well for me
KuGsj.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1450361155211362&l=952228346840597646

Hawk269

It looks much better than I expected on the X1.
Plus it is fun as heck to me.

Yeah it does. I got the PC version for free and am playing it max settings/1080p. I also got the Xbox One version since I have a ton of friends all playing that version. While there are obvious differences, I was surprised at how good the Xbox One version holds up. My wife even commented that they looked pretty close. Obviously it is in the fine details of AA etc...but the One version is pretty good in comparison to the PC version.

I suck at online, even the tailing missions lol. I always seem to get the random dude who's speeding away in a car, so of course I follow him speeding and when he stops I slam on my brakes and look suspicious as Fuck.

Did manage to get one dude though.

Hawk269

Is there a patch that is suppose to hit for the Xbox One version? I have read that the PC & PS4 version had a day 1 patch, any word if there is one for the Xbox One coming as well? On the other hand, I heard from some on the PS4 that the Patch has caused problems, so maybe it is good thing it is being held back.

Aces&Eights

The cops aren't that hard to outsmart but they're not retarded either - if they catch a glimpse of you they will follow and do their best to assume your route if you slip out of sight.

Use logic to escape the situation instead of treating it like a wanted level - that's what worked for me. If they lose sight of you for a long time they get confused and spread out giving you a chance to escape the perimetre.

Now on GTAV if you have a wanted level and are in the search radius, the cops will be drawn to you no matter how well hidden you are or avoid them as long as you're in the radius.

That's the problem I think a lot of people are having, not just directing this at you. People are used to getting out of a radius and speeding away where its possible and sometimes better to outsmart the police in WD.

My issue was I was hidden before they arrived. There were no NPCS around. No one knew I was there and the swarmed the other side of the wall yelling at me. So this tells me I have to flee every single time in a car and leave the radius. That's dumb. If I rob a bank and hide in a sewer and no one saw me go in them the cops should at least have to look for me first before just running right up to me as I sit behind concrete and tell me I'm under arrest.

Anyway, I'm not going to sit and dis on the game. I just didn't expect a gta/sleeping dogs style game. Was thinking Deus Ex/Assassin's Creed/Splinter Cell with hacking.

God damn Ubisoft phoning it in with remote play access. They had an extra 6 months and still decided to use the default launch button scheme for the vita that maps everything to the rear touch panel.

Come on guys, at least patch in the new scheme that uses the front touch pad.

Naite

Playing the Alone digital trip. I'm really liking this mode, but the game seems to be trolling me with the enemy spawns.

I'm really really enjoying this more than I thought. I really like how unique every encounter feels because I'm most areas you don't need to fire a gun, let alone enter the area. It's also fun tailing and being tailed. When I'm scanning and its telling me randomly that people are not a threat I get into detective mode quick. Great online.

Pandemic

I've been playing the ctos companion multiplayer on the PC game, there's the odd occasion where someone remains connected but I haven't finished a game where they haven't disconnected :/

I've also tried using the app itself but can't find anyone..

FLAguy954

This game is so goddamn fun! I challenge all of you to zip down the highway at night or when its raining, what a fucking rush!

Also, this game strangely has times when I just want to walk around an absorb the atmosphere. I found my self walking around aimlessly fr like 15 minutes straight at on point.

And this game definitely takes some good cues from Splinter Cell Blacklist, with some of the infiltration missions reminding me of Grim's missions. sogood.gif. I'm playing on the PC if anyone is wondering.

RyudBoy

Christ, installing the game on XB1 is soooooo slow. I was able to start playing at 15% completion, but only got like 10mins into the game and now it stopped to install again. Very annoying.

It looks much better than I expected on the X1.
Plus it is fun as heck to me.

Well, it looks good from the very short amount of time I've experienced so far lol. Time will tell if the gameplay holds up. I haven't been able to drive anything yet. Looking forward to cruisin' around Chicago the most.

The cops aren't that hard to outsmart but they're not retarded either - if they catch a glimpse of you they will follow and do their best to assume your route if you slip out of sight.

Use logic to escape the situation instead of treating it like a wanted level - that's what worked for me. If they lose sight of you for a long time they get confused and spread out giving you a chance to escape the perimetre.

Now on GTAV if you have a wanted level and are in the search radius, the cops will be drawn to you no matter how well hidden you are or avoid them as long as you're in the radius.

That's the problem I think a lot of people are having, not just directing this at you. People are used to getting out of a radius and speeding away where its possible and sometimes better to outsmart the police in WD.

Great Zeus, this post helped me immensely. I was playing it wrong. Thank you!

Furyous

Having spent nine hours screwing around I have a couple more fleshedout impressions:

Why are all the hideouts homeless shelters?

These missions are hard as shit.

Thank god there aren't sharks in this game.

The grenade launcher is a life saver for some missions.

Ubi needs to patch in a no kill platinum trophy.

I went into a gun store and got in a shootout with the owner.

I understand the game feeling boring sentiment because the main character lacks the personality to enjoy his godliness. Imagine Trevor or Franklin with these abilities.

Hacking is hard. I cheat my way through those sections using walkthroughs.

Conversely, I love wrecking shit from the sidewalk standing next to my car. Citizens think I'm base building boom beach while I'm coming for everything.

I hope future DLC adds an in-game economy. Hacking everything is fine but we need the option of buying property.

ieatzombies

Just played for about an hour and so far I'm having an absolute blast with this game and the mechanics! Can't wait to unlock multi and really dig in.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Car chased a rival hacker after I spot him, he crashes into another car, gets out, I slam him with mine before getting out and finishing the job.

Wish I had recorded that.

(Any suggestions? PC.)

statham

quite enjoying the game so far, even with the delay it does seem not enough activities, makes me wonder how much they had before the delay. but I'm having a blast. I haven't invaded or played multi-yet. Graphics look great to me, only thing that bugs me is some pop-up on cars, been rare, but took me out of the moment when I noticed it.

edit: and just met
badboy, highly doubt anyone was shocked its the girl from the intro
been doing alot of side stuff, so it took me a while to reach the person.

Oh shit. Was just leaving the game running while I browse gaf and I hear a fender bender. Fearing I was being watched I ran over there and saw both drivers arguing with each other about what happened lol.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I love how every civilian gets out their phone and record an accident if they are close. They also take videos and pictures of you if they recognize you as the vigilante.

Exis

I want to like this, the graphics are not mind blowing but I do like the world.
There was one 'crime' mission that I was stuck on for an hour, kept getting killed or killing the guy I was supposed to knock out. On those missions if you shoot the cops are called and make things more difficult. I took the stairs and took out my one guy and booked it out of there.
Only a couple of missions in, not sure if the story will hold but looking at the season pass video there is a lot more coming.

http://youtu.be/WKZvViBj8AQ

Has anyone had similar issues with downloading the game? I was thinking of downloading this but now I'm worried.

Well, I did run into the installing mid-way through the game. But this was only because it had to download the rest of the game. I don't know why his download didn't complete at the same rate that his bandwidth was. I downloaded the rest of the game at that point at my internet's max bandwidth. It took me about 4 hours to download the game, but that is expected with a 1.1 MB/s line. I don't know why it took the creator of the video 7 hours to download the game with a 10 MB/s line... =/

I don't know how I feel about the campaign so far but when Online Hacking is working it's a ton of fun. Watching the other person try to find is really entertaining, reminds me of the Assassin's Creed multiplayer stuff.

malfcn

Two questions,

When I was listening to multiple conversations and then a phone call I was also at a hot spot and had Jordi call. There was something about a Dedsec app, but it went away. What was that?
(Maybe it was the field guide)

And can you max everything out, or are builds going to be important or worth planning?

Dominator

I've played for about 5 hours and I've only just done 4 main missions. I keep getting distracted every time I'm driving to one lol

Question though, say I complete all of the Gang Hideouts, are they just gone or do they still show up on the map from time to time? Because I've almost done all of how many it says there are to complete them but I like the diversity in how to go about doing them.

It's incredibly satisfying using stealth correctly in this game. My only fault so far out of everything would be the driving controls. Leveling up also seems to be quite easy as I'm level 12 already.

swoon

such a bummer they didn't get the modern wing of the art insitute right, nor cover the rest of the build/train tracks.

i wonder if there was some copyright reason for not having crown fountain be correct (or even close to correct)

Top Bottom