• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

Okay now I'm excited to do some more missions. Also Gaz bro have you been able to get your perception to be on the left spectrum of the scale rather than "evil"?

You mean like towards the "Protector"? Yeah, I am usually mostly blue when I've played. Don't shoot cops unless you really have to (and even then, you get less bad karma for knee shots), and everytime a crime is detected, go take care of it. Also, if you get in a gunfight in the streets and see the "Rescue" icon, go there and help them.

You mean like towards the "Protector"? Yeah, I am usually mostly blue when I've played. Don't shoot cops unless you really have to (and even then, you get less bad karma for knee shots), and everytime a crime is detected, go take care of it. Also, if you get in a gunfight in the streets and see the "Rescue" icon, go there and help them.

Are there any benefits for me to try to get protector? Like do citizens treat you differently and do you hear different dialogue?

My issue was I was hidden before they arrived. There were no NPCS around. No one knew I was there and the swarmed the other side of the wall yelling at me. So this tells me I have to flee every single time in a car and leave the radius. That's dumb. If I rob a bank and hide in a sewer and no one saw me go in them the cops should at least have to look for me first before just running right up to me as I sit behind concrete and tell me I'm under arrest.

Anyway, I'm not going to sit and dis on the game. I just didn't expect a gta/sleeping dogs style game. Was thinking Deus Ex/Assassin's Creed/Splinter Cell with hacking.

Sounds like your doing something wrong, I've even had a cop go in my little blue circle when hidden in the car and they passed right on by down the street and have ran my wanted level to 0 more times then I have actually escaping the circle.

Gaz_RB

Are there any benefits for me to try to get protector? Like do citizens treat you differently and do you hear different dialogue?

Yeah, and they don't call the cops.

"Hey man, I know who you are. I won't call the cops, but you gotta get out of here!"

And there is a sequence at the end of the game that changes based on your karma.

IS it just me or a coincidence? I've noticed that if a driver has a background that suggests a problem with the police, they don't call 911 when you car jack them.

Anyone else see this?

Multiplayer feels so much like GTA4 to me that I'm already bored. I played that and GTAV way too much to be able to join a watch dogs free roam and have fun.

Haven't delved too much into single player, but hopefully it interests me more.

Vire

Oh he must have stole it, I claimed it when it was first offered on here. No one claimed it before me, that damn thief. I should pick a new one though, I haven't made it past 2 hours into the game since launch. =\

Haha no way! I had it like 6 months before The Last of Us launched.

It's okay though, we can share Ellie. Everyone knows me as the obnoxious bizarro clone version anyway.

Running from the cops.

Didn't end well for me
KuGsj.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1450361155211362&l=952228346840597646

Those pesky gasoline tanks out of nowhere

lmao.

hydruxo

So is it worth $60? If I pick this up it will be for PS4 and I have no real interest in any multiplayer aspects.

I'd say so. Even without the MP there's still a ton of stuff to do. But you really should try out the online hacking stuff cause it's a lot of fun.

Jtrizzy

fucking shit I just overwrote my save file on pc. I accidentally hit return twice on the start new game button. Is there any way to recover this? It was like 4 hours in.

S¡mon

Banned
For a first entry in a new franchise, Watch_Dogs is amazing.

Sure, it has some flaws, but, come on, it's the first entry. I bet Watch_Dogs 2 will be a lot better - the franchise has lots of potential.

Aces&Eights

Sounds like your doing something wrong, I've even had a cop go in my little blue circle when hidden in the car and they passed right on by down the street and have ran my wanted level to 0 more times then I have actually escaping the circle.

You're probably right. It's most likely my dislike for this style of game in general that is making me be nit picky. I think I'm more disappointed in the fact that this isn't a creepy crawly, climb buildings, hide in any shadow to avoid detection type of game. Plus, driving in traffic makes me rage lol. I'd rather use neon power to get around or simply climb over all the buildings to get to my objective lol. Was hoping for Snake, Fischer, Ezio or Agent 47. Blah. Hope you all enjoy it, though! Honestly!

malfcn

New page.

Two questions,

When I was listening to multiple conversations and then a phone call I was also at a hot spot and had Jordi call. There was something about a Dedsec app, but it went away. What was that?
(Maybe it was the field guide)

And can you max everything out, or are builds going to be important or worth planning?

And the second thing I did in the game was evade 5 alarm chase.

timshundo

I hate open world games but Watch dogs has me hooked for some reason. The little GeForce 780M in my iMac is pulling off 30fps at 1080p on Ultra which is all I really need. :)

ZeroAlpha

Banned
How is the Xbox One version of the game? I'm worried about screen tearing/performance. How is it?

I dont own the ps4 version but the game looks really nice and performance is a solid 30 for me so far I've noticed tearing in one cutscene so far but none in gameplay yet.

bargeparty

Only thing really annoying me right now is the helicopters. There's NO way to disable them while I'm in a car. It doesn't auto-lock on and I can't look up enough to see them because they're right fucking above me.

Five

Banned
New page.

And the second thing I did in the game was evade 5 alarm chase.

The Dedsec app is just the top-right app on your phone. It has tutorials and info you missed but already saw. edit: I don't think you get it until a certain mission in the game, but that mission is fairly early on in act 1.

You can max out all the skill points, but it'll take a lot of consideration anyway since you have to be frugal along the way and do a whole lot of side missions.

malfcn

The Dedsec app is just the top-right app on your phone. It has tutorials and info you missed but already saw. edit: I don't think you get it until a certain mission in the game, but that mission is fairly early on in act 1.

You can max out all the skill points, but it'll take a lot of consideration anyway since you have to be frugal along the way and do a whole lot of side missions.

Thanks. I plan on unlocking everything then!

Andrew.

Banned
Do the Ctos towers unlock through story progression? I just finished the
the birthday party and did everything in that first initial district
I just got sent to a new area and no towers are visible.

Jhn

Allmost all of the outfits you can buy are absolutely horrid. It'd be fine if you could combine your own, but for every nice coat theres always a wonky hat or ridiculous shoes that are a dealbreaker.

I really enjoy this games soundtrack. This is stuff I would have on my ipod in real life, I actually do have some of it. A Classic weezer song off the album Pinkerton(one of my favorite albums of all time), Wu Tang, Rise Against, MGK, smashing pumpkins, Vannatica, Vampire Weeken. I mean, I can see how people wouldnt like it.but this is right up my alley. Probably one of my favorite open world soundtracks to date.

Five

Banned
Do the Ctos towers unlock through story progression? I just finished the
the birthday party and did everything in that first initial district
I just got sent to a new area and no towers are visible.

There's a ctOS system in each district that you have to crack to unlock the towers. The story will drive you to crack into the systems eventually if you don't do it on your own, but you're perfectly welcome to jump the gun there if you like.

Allmost all of the outfits you can buy are absolutely horrid. It'd be fine if you could combine your own, but for every nice coat theres always a wonky hat or ridiculous shoes that are a dealbreaker.

Yea I just stuck with the Nemesis one right now though I'm thinking about trying the blue and tan one right above it for 5K. What's your least hated (most favorite) outfit?

MattyG

Banned
I've got a funny video to share with you guys. It's uploading to FB, how do I share it here? Just post a link?
Played 4 hours...

First off always play at night, day time this game looks horrible, like late PS2 early PS3.
AC black flag looks more Crisp than this.
I see this thrown around all the time. Makes me think that a lot of people have forgotten what late PS2/ early PS3 era games look like.

SRG01

Hey is there any way to reduce the left and right stick sensitivity in the PS3 version of the game? It's way too sensitive.

On another note, is anyone getting really nauseous playing this game? It's almost as if the camera bobs a little too much :(

Top Bottom