• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I believe so. But to be honest. I don't really care about the ranking. I just want to finish 10 of each so I can get my trophies lol

I found where you find the ranking and apparently I'm in the top 1% in the world!

Bo3atT1IMAAMV2a.jpg:orig

I do love me some Online Hacking and I've gotten pretty decent at it. I didn't think top 1% in the world though. I wonder how long I can keep it.

Zeliard

Spider tank is like the epitome of the Rampage mission type. Love the mobility and ferocity. Reminds me of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Kabouter

I found where you find the ranking and apparently I'm in the top 1% in the world!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bo3atT1IMAAMV2a.jpg:orig[IMG]

I do love me some Online Hacking and I've gotten pretty decent at it. I didn't think top 1% in the world though. I wonder how long I can keep it.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Top 99% here because I lose every time :D

FLAguy954

Jesus, can not stop playing this... I'm barely playing any missions and just keep finding more stuff to do.. my god this thing is packed. Just had a great game of chess, killed some criminals, hacked tons of money, did a mobile car chase, and walked, drove and snuck all over just doing more and more shit.. most enjoyable OPEN world game on the whole, that I've played...

Likewise, man, it so hard to focus on the story missions because there is so much shit that can sidetrack you (in a good way).

Jhn

Did they fix the online connecting part on the PS4 ?
Takes so long to join if you can join at all.

I have the same issue a lot of the time. It's really annoying.

- Average wait: 2 min
- *4 minutes elapse*
- Text unceremoniously disappears and acts like you never requested anything in the first place.

Even if it worked all the time, isn't 2 minutes pretty ridiculously long to find someone playing the game this close to launch?

carlsojo

This game is a black hole. I get tired of doing one thing and ohlookanothersidething. I've done like... four story missions and played probably around 10-12 hours.

Lucent

Jesus, can not stop playing this... I'm barely playing any missions and just keep finding more stuff to do.. my god this thing is packed. Just had a great game of chess, killed some criminals, hacked tons of money, did a mobile car chase, and walked, drove and snuck all over just doing more and more shit.. most enjoyable OPEN world game on the whole, that I've played...

I was feeling that way until my save got corrupted for whatever reason. Now my fun's been taken away from me because there is currently no known solution to fix or prevent it from happening...

malfcn

The points in hacking are weird. I hack someone with some high rank and get 20 points. Some random scrub hacks me and I lose 800 points?

Cubed

Just Platinum'd Wolfenstein, so I can finally start sinking my teeth into this. I picked it up Tuesday, did the first two missions and then free-roamed/messed about for an hour and haven't come back since.

That Wolfenstein, man... ::laser noise:: Sucked me right in.

I'd kill for ACIV hud options.

Also is it going to tell me to press O to hide in my car all game? I'm hoping the hints drop off after Act 1. If not, turning hints off should be an option.

Did they fix the online connecting part on the PS4 ?
Takes so long to join if you can join at all.

Yes it's much better. Like day and night difference. Before today's maintenance it seemed like something was wrong with their matching algorithm. I started thinking maybe it was a NAT issue on my side or something. But after today's maintenance I've been able to play so many Online Contracts, it's been a blast.

I've played Wath_Dogs for about 5 hours today and I'm going to guess only about 1 hour or so was spent doing the campaign. The rest I've been doing Online Contracts, not because it takes so long to find a match, but because it's so fast to find a match I keep going back in for more after I've finished one. Whereas yesterday I'd finish one and wouldn't want to endure the long wait time again.

Shadownet

Banned

I do love me some Online Hacking and I've gotten pretty decent at it. I didn't think top 1% in the world though. I wonder how long I can keep it.

Congratulation man, that's pretty awesome :) maybe most Watch Dogs players are terrible haha. God knows how many little kids play this game.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just finished the campaign. I really liked it. The story took awhile to get going but it eventually became interesting. Will definitely go back and finish off some side missions.

Kind of have the urge to play through GTA V again. Need dat PS4 version though.

Kelsey

Banned
Just got the Destroyer sniper rifle. Thing shoots through walls and barriers. Downside is it only holds 2 bullets and is loud as fuck.

Piggus

You can input the code that Origin gives you directly into UPlay and you can download the game through UPlay that way.

I haven't received a code. The game's profile say's "You've successfully pre-ordered Watch_Dogs" but above that it says "This Game is Unreleased" and in my order history it says "Processing" still.

They're having trouble processing the payments that were made using a VPN. They said it would be fixed soon but it's been three days... I've contacted support twice. Is it really that hard for them to just invalidate the pre-order and send me a product key?

Carbonox

I did my first and only online tailing last night and got the Trophy for not being discovered or whatever despite flooring it after the guy. wat.

Was chuffed to bits though.

Will probably put more effort in to the online side this weekend - I want to get those trophies out of the way if possible.

Marvel

could never
Think I only have the racing trophy to get... not sure, have barely looked at the list. I find it really hard to stop invading. What little I've played of the story is looking really good lol.

Shadownet

Banned
Think I only have the racing trophy to get... not sure, have barely looked at the list. I find it really hard to stop invading. What little I've played of the story is looking really good lol.

Racing is kinda crappy since most of the race cars handle really bad. Like damn Disney: Cars on Ice.

GTA V got better handling.

red731

I would like custom music.
Just give us folder where we create folders names after music style(or anything) and put shortcuts of mp3 files there.

Kelsey

Banned
Racing is kinda crappy since most of the race cars handle really bad. Like damn Disney: Cars on Ice.

GTA V got better handling.

GTA5 is in a class of its own when it comes to open world racing. I even love the Kart racing mods/levels people create complete with pickups.

With WD's driving, I find it's much easier to get around with a slower car since I'm not constantly sliding all over the place.

Shadownet

Banned
GTA5 is in a class of its own when it comes to open world racing. I even love the Kart racing mods/levels people create complete with pickups.

With WD's driving, I find it's much easier to get around with a slower car since I'm not constantly sliding all over the place.

Seriously. I'm driving a garbage truck most of the time cause that thing is like a tank plus it doesn't slide. -.-

Can we have a truck race mode?

Wow that's awesome, I just noticed that silenced variations of weapons in game have a lower velocity, and actually have a longer flight time before they hit their target. I'll post a video later, but that's awesome they included that.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Finally got all the trophies for online play! Thank god.

Hacking someone and staying outside is really easy once you know the trick.

Just joining the thread, any chance ye could let me in on it? The zone shrinks so much toward the end it seems impossible to stay hidden

malfcn

Annoyed with the last few hack attempts. It's been having them racing around and can't catch them, or they are already on top of me and instantly profile me.

I've often complimented the Batman Arkham games for making you feel like Batman.

Parts of this game perfectly capture the feeling of being a lone wolf vigilante. Like when you're on your way to bust into a gang hideout, but you get a notification saying someone is in trouble, it's like your bat signal. So you plot it on your GPS then stakeout the criminal before pouncing out the dark to save a life and going Nightwing on them with your telescopic baton.

Marvel

could never
The zone shrinks so much toward the end it seems impossible to stay hidden

Blackout and hiding behind walls and other solid objects such as cars, posts etc. Always move when they aren't looking to a new spot.

Don't just park up in a car or stand in a crowd because those two places will be the first to be scanned. But if you do feel brave and want to tale from a car press O to kill the lights and hide in it and make sure to park WELL and not in the middle of the road like I see some people do lol. Where the view of your drive window is obscured preferably.

Oh and if you do decide to watch in the street, get your cell phone out and walk casually away from your target whilst watching.

dex3108

I had really tense tailing contract right now and player passed few times right beside me. But guess what i forgot that stupid Nvidia ShadowPlay turn itself off every time i reboot Windows so i could not capture this amazing moment.

Is there any way to enable ShadowPlay to start with Windows?

Gaz is the invasion master of GAF, he's top 50 in the leaderboards.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Blackout and hiding behind walls and other solid objects such as cars, posts etc. Always move when they aren't looking to a new spot.

Don't just park up in a car or stand in a crowd because those two places will be the first to be scanned. But if you do feel brave and want to tale from a car press O to kill the lights and hide in it and make sure to park WELL and not in the middle of the road like I see some people do lol. Where the view of your drive window is obscured preferably.

Oh and if you do decide to watch in the street, get your cell phone out and walk casually away from your target whilst watching.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. If I'm being hacked do I need to stay inside that circle for any reason? I assume I can't run away

Marvel

could never
Thanks, I'll give that a try. If I'm being hacked do I need to stay inside that circle for any reason? I assume I can't run away

If you're being invaded by a person who has a tailing contract out on you, you may just run away. If you can, get a motorcycle asap for that. You can of course kill a tailing person also if you wish and able.

But if it's a hacker, then you must locate and kill the intruder before the bar gets to 100%

If they haven't started hacking you yet, then by all means start moving, in order for them to hack you they have to have sight and be close enough. I often force them to come into a hard spot where I control LOS to start the hack and kill them.

Usually you only have a window of a few seconds before they get the hack attempt on you, then they can move wherever they need to. Also after you invade there's a really high probability a fixer will be put on you. So you can kind of cheat and preemptively move into a difficult spot for them.

Lizardus

I haven't received a code. The game's profile say's "You've successfully pre-ordered Watch_Dogs" but above that it says "This Game is Unreleased" and in my order history it says "Processing" still.

They're having trouble processing the payments that were made using a VPN. They said it would be fixed soon but it's been three days... I've contacted support twice. Is it really that hard for them to just invalidate the pre-order and send me a product key?

That sucks. I thought you meant you were having trouble with actual downloading of the game through Origin.

Can you cancel the pre-order and buy it through another outlet?

Lizardus

Does anyone else's game start in Windowed mode? Sure I can Alt+Enter to make it fullscreen but it's an annoyance. The display option is set to Fullscreen.

Also, can you make a party with friends for the 4v4 mode or is it also randomized?

Top Bottom