• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Marvel

could never
Alleys are great to lure invaders into you. If it's in a more green suburban area they are pretty much forced to hide behind wooden fences and shit. Some are low down and a little gappy, shred em with a tommy gun.

Or throw a grenade at them haha.

Dominator

Ammo is so readily available in this game from killed enemies. I never have to go refill and I use a ton of different guns to get things done. Money too. I purchased all clothes, all guns, and all of the cars that I could and I still have about $700,000 lol. This includes buying a car that was worth $200,000 among the other expensive cars.

Yea, the inevitable issue is there's simply no reason for Ubisoft to work on the game anymore. So we're unlikely to see any serious changes with the current content. Just DLC for Outfits. vehicles, weapons and story/extra side missions down the road.

The guns and sounds are really great though, leaves me craving after The Division, which will probably run on the same engine.

I'm pretty sure The Division is running on a different engine, but yeah. I really love how grounded the shooting feels while still being fast and dynamic.

Lizardus

I'm pretty sure The Division is running on a different engine, but yeah. I really love how grounded the shooting feels while still being fast and dynamic.

Is it really different though? I know that supposedly Blacklist, Black Flag and Watch_Dogs all run on different engines but I see so much similarities between these games. I am not buying it.

Xyber

Is it really different though? I know that supposedly Blacklist, Black Flag and Watch_Dogs all run on different engines but I see so much similarities between these games. I am not buying it.

Yes, it's a different engine. They share features, because Ubisoft wants their games to do that for some reason.

dreamfall

Just having fun, kicking back enjoying some of these absolutely hilarious hacking conversations. Screen time!

That ain't right...
iJRn3Nhflq24y.png
Don't mess with Moms!
Well, that's uh, certainly fascinating.
Strolling.

Also, is it just me or are the criminals never women?

Dunkers92

This game is a black hole. I get tired of doing one thing and ohlookanothersidething. I've done like... four story missions and played probably around 10-12 hours.

Haha same story for me. It's crazy how easily this game can distract you. Having a lot of fun with it

Hasney

Does anyone else's game start in Windowed mode? Sure I can Alt+Enter to make it fullscreen but it's an annoyance. The display option is set to Fullscreen.

Also, can you make a party with friends for the 4v4 mode or is it also randomized?

Mine does, although I never noticed since Steam Streaming makes it full screen on the remote computer anyway.

Xyber

So I was doing some hacking earlier when the game glitched and put me in some guys world where I couldn't actually start the hack. I followed him around for almost an hour, messing with him by hacking shit. Don't think he could see me like I saw him, because it took a really long time before he figured out where I was.

Made a short video from the last 15 minutes where we finally bonded and started killing cops together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7uB4LCI8CM

Lucent

Sort of made a music video out of some of the clips I had saved before my save file got corrupted =(

I hope it doesn't take long to patch the game. I'm itching to get back into it so bad.

Piggus

That sucks. I thought you meant you were having trouble with actual downloading of the game through Origin.

Can you cancel the pre-order and buy it through another outlet?

I paid $25 for it lol. It's annoying, but I can wait a few extra days until they work it out.

RedAssedApe

Banned
these criminal activity missions are getting boring. is it really just, locate perp, wait til they assault someone, and then beat them up or is there some more variety later on?

So I was doing some hacking earlier when the game glitched and put me in some guys world where I couldn't actually start the hack. I followed him around for almost an hour, messing with him by hacking shit. Don't think he could see me like I saw him, because it took a really long time before he figured out where I was.

Made a short video from the last 15 minutes where we finally bonded and started killing cops together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7uB4LCI8CM

Anyone had this happen during a hacking attempt? Is this what free roam is supposed to be or something?
Yup lol, it was great, I have like an hour of me in his game on twitch, the first time I went into the store and he flipped out. I tried to get him to work with me, but he just kept trying to run me over and stuff, the first video is me screwing with him after he refused to do anything but run and try to kill me.

these criminal activity missions are getting boring. is it really just, locate perp, wait til they assault someone, and then beat them up or is there some more variety later on?

There's some good ones and some bad ones. Criminal convoy I want nothing to do with but some of the investigations lead to good stuff in the end and the fixer jobs are good distractions when you want a break from the story missions.

RedAssedApe

Banned
There's some good ones and some bad ones. Criminal convoy I want nothing to do with but some of the investigations lead to good stuff in the end and the fixer jobs are good distractions when you want a break from the story missions.

ah...i guess i havent hit any of the good ones yet. at least they've been short so far

Dominator

Did anyone complete all of the convoy's yet? I did all of them except 1 and the last one isn't showing on the map. I've played a few hours since I did the last one too so I wonder if I need to do more campaign for it to appear.

khani47

Neo Member
trying to join an online game or a private game with your friends is near impossible, have not had 1 online session since release,.

GlamFM

Banned
Did anyone complete all of the convoy's yet? I did all of them except 1 and the last one isn't showing on the map. I've played a few hours since I did the last one too so I wonder if I need to do more campaign for it to appear.

I´m having similar problems solving the "mass murder" case. I found 3 or 4 bodies, but no more are showing up on the map now.
Is this stuff tied to main mission progress?

It is literally a brand new engine called Snowdrop which is being made by Massive Entertainment, who are also developing the Division. Have faith in Massive. They have always done right before - Ground Control and World in Conflict were both well ahead of their time.

Also after playing 23 hours of WD and STILL on Act 1, i am still loving this game. I am just getting so distracted by the online and the side missions. Love the variety and sheer amount of things to do in this open world.

Phlebas

Banned
I'm having a hard time getting over the driving in the game, what can I do to make it better?

This is what made me give up GTA V.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm having a hard time getting over the driving in the game, what can I do to make it better?

This is what made me give up GTA V.

It took a lot of time for me to get used to the overall feel of the physics. It also took some time before I learned which cars control good and which control like garbage, the difference between cars is pretty substantial, far more than in GTA games.

http://www.dsogaming.com/interstiti...-global-illumination-city-size-modding-scene/

Didn't realise it but WD uses physically based rendering.

FB: The Disrupt engine uses an aggressively multithreaded renderer, running on fully deferred physically based rendering pipeline with some technological twists to allow for more advanced effects. We support hundreds of dynamic lights, dozens of high resolution shadow casters, dynamic environment reflections and global illumination in a fully dynamic time of day environment. Our setup also allows for screen space effects that are usually not compatible with deferred rendering such as skin subsurface scattering, anisotropic specular highlights and hair shading. We also combine several camera based and post-production post effects to add to the realism of the final scene.

10348847_141811242180vhs86.jpg

They've sort of managed to make these city hotspots actually feel kinda busy. Lots of people engaged in all their little animations, sitting on the benches, sitting on the grass and fountains, people jogging, people playing guitars and drums, people taking pictures, all the conversations, etc. Your interaction with them is fairly limited so it doesn't exactly blow my mind, but it's a cool visual every once in a while.

ISee

When I try to continue my game the loading bar stops at around 80%. The icon is still animated so it hasn't crashed, but even waiting for several minutes does nothing.

Restarting my PC, switching from Uplay-Online to Offline mode, disabling cloudsaving etc. does not help too.

So I searched the almighty web and guess what: I am not the only person with that problem, it even seems to be platform unspecific. PS4, XONE, PC ... It is just a 'normal' game breaking bug!

I am so pissed right now, after delaying the game, after the blablabla about taking their time to make the perfect game they oversee a game breaking bug like that.

AHHHHH I could scream.

That is the very last time I am buying a game directly on release.

No... probably it's not but I am still a bit frustrated. *sigh*

SJRB

Gold Member
10348847_141811242180vhs86.jpg

They've sort of managed to make these city hotspots actually feel kinda busy. Lots of people engaged in all their little animations, sitting on the benches, sitting on the grass and fountains, people jogging, people playing guitars and drums, people taking pictures, all the conversations, etc. Your interaction with them is fairly limited so it doesn't exactly blow my mind, but it's a cool visual every once in a while.

That's a sick coat, what outfit is that? I love that it still has the default hat, the squared ones [like the Nemesis outfit] are terrible.

valkyre

How is the overall quality of side missions and activities? Is there enough variety, or is it boring and feels like doing chores?

Would really appreciate some feedback on this, because this will be my deciding factor in regards to buying this game or not.

Thanks.

d9b

Banned
How is the overall quality of side missions and activities? Is there enough variety, or is it boring and feels like doing chores?

Would really appreciate some feedback on this, because this will be my deciding factor in regards to buying this game or not.

Thanks.

More than enough variety and not boring ;)

That's a sick coat, what outfit is that? I love that it still has the default hat, the squared ones [like the Nemesis outfit] are terrible.

Sorry, I don't remember and am no longer at the console :X I'll get back to you later if no one can answer before then.

But yeah, I like how it looks under lights

10258677_141811251846yssrb.jpg

10358950_141811475846p8s2f.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member

Thanks.

Top-notch. I may seem biased because avatar.jpg and all, but it really is leagues better than typical Ubisoft side content found in AC and Far Cry.

There's tons of stuff to do outside the campaign:

- Randomly generated potential crimes;
- Fixer missions [steal a car and escape the police];
- Convoy missions [take out a target in a convoy any way you want];
- Minigames [chess/cups/drinking/poker];
- AR games [all kinds of augmented reality games];
- Several multi-tiered investigation missions;
- QR code search;
- ctOS hack races;
- ctOS privacy invasion hacking;
- HUGE online component [tailing/hacking/racing/DM/TDM]

And some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. It may seem overwhelming, but it results in an extremely varied offer of stuff to do, it's never "in your face" but never a dull moment either. Ultimately, none of it is obligatory and the game doesn't punish you for not doing any of it.

xBladeM6x

For some reason, I it basically says I've already purchased the Vector from gun shops, but it's not in my inventory and so I can't get it back, unless an enemy drops it at some point in the game. Damn glitch. (PC)

Linius

Well good day again Watch_Doge Gaf. I've been trying again to get rid of the damn bug by playing the game offline and reinstalling it again and again and playing it over and over but it's just not gonna happen. I decided to record it this time around for everyone to see where the bug sets in. I'm just gonna contact several Ubi customer services to see what they can do about this. They can't just sell you a product that doesn't work. Looking back at it I really wished I bought a physical copy in a store so I could have returned it and get my money back. And despite my frustrations the past two days I still badly want to play this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQsILhPlgw&feature=youtu.be

valkyre

Top-notch. I may seem biased because avatar.jpg and all, but it really is leagues better than typical Ubisoft side content found in AC and Far Cry.

There's tons of stuff to do outside the campaign:

- Randomly generated potential crimes;
- Fixer missions [steal a car and escape the police];
- Convoy missions [take out a target in a convoy any way you want];
- Minigames [chess/cups/drinking/poker];
- AR games [all kinds of augmented reality games];
- Several multi-tiered investigation missions;
- QR code search;
- ctOS hack races;
- ctOS privacy invasion hacking;
- HUGE online component [tailing/hacking/racing/DM/TDM]

And some other stuff I'm probably forgetting. It may seem overwhelming, but it results in an extremely varied offer of stuff to do, it's never "in your face" but never a dull moment either. Ultimately, none of it is obligatory and the game doesn't punish you for not doing any of it.

More than enough variety and not boring ;)

Appreciate the feedback folks, looks like I am about to go and gett this.

But if I may ask, are there any kind of quests that have mini storylines, a la GTAV strangers and freaks missions?

OrangeOak

Well good day again Watch_Doge Gaf. I've been trying again to get rid of the damn bug by playing the game offline and reinstalling it again and again and playing it over and over but it's just not gonna happen. I decided to record it this time around for everyone to see where the bug sets in. I'm just gonna contact several Ubi customer services to see what they can do about this. They can't just sell you a product that doesn't work. Looking back at it I really wished I bought a physical copy in a store so I could have returned it and get my money back. And despite my frustrations the past two days I still badly want to play this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQsILhPlgw&feature=youtu.be

Are you playing this on keyboard and mouse or pad? Have you tried different keyboards or pads?

RyudBoy

Just played online free roam for the first time. Crazy, hectic fun, but horrendous screen tearing and a frame rate below 30. Me and a few guys reenacted the famous shootout scene in the movie Heat. Lol

HowZatOZ

Banned
Small info for PC GAF regarding MP problems. After i have done following my MP is working now.

- If you are using Win8/Win8.1 set watch_dogs.exe and UPlay.exe to Win7 compatibility mode.
- Set static IP address for your PC if you are using router and you have not done that before. You can find instructions here
- Forward ports that you can find here
- Check if you can see your router icon/name under Network (You can find Network tab when you go to My Computer/Computer and on the left side there is Network shortcut). If you can see i your router there go and right click on icon/Properties. In new window that pooped up you can see Settings button, click on it. And in new window that opened add all ports listed above.

After i have done all of that MP started working for me. In 20 minutes i have been hacked and i have invade 3 players.

Just wanted to quote this for a new page and to stop it getting buried. I'd suggest OP add it to the OT as well as this works 100%.

The division is running on a brand new engine called snowdrop, which sounds like a ripoff of frostbite.

Linius

Are you playing this on keyboard and mouse or pad? Have you tried different keyboards or pads?

Whilst playing Watch_Dogs I encountered this bug which prohibits me from holstering my gun. It always happens at the bit you can see in this video. I checked walktroughs of this game on Youtube and there's no other video out there in which Aiden randomly pulls his gun at this point. And whatever I try there's just no way to holster it again and thus I'm stuck in aim mode. I've tried reinstalling the game (PC version on Uplay) several times. I tried deleting the local save files. I tried playing it offline so the game can't catch any cloud data in which the bug maybe hides. I also tried to play it with a wired Xbox 360 controller, a Dual Shock 4 controller and simply keyboard and mouse. All to no avail. The game is simply unplayable for me.

Too lazy to type it again, this is the video description :)

Top Bottom