• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Hawk269

Am I seriously the only one that has the quit to main menu bug where it can't load?
Putting the game down for a second and didn't want to be invaded. Have to dashboard, quit the game and relaunch.

It happened to me twice, but it seems to be inconsistent. Not sure what causes it to happen.

breakfuss

On the flipside, I've challenged people from the ios app and it said they were the ones who dropped, soooo yeah. Shame the online hasn't sorted itself out because its decent fun otherwise.

You can input the code that Origin gives you directly into UPlay and you can download the game through UPlay that way.

once you install the origin version, you can boot watch_dogs directly with uPlay without having to load up Origin.
I wish my bitch sister would quit trying to get me to stop hacking. hacking is my liiiife
amen, I hope we get to adopt Aiden's nephew if she dies in the story, he needs a better role model. kid knows his life is all about hacking too.

Klocker

Jesus, can not stop playing this... I'm barely playing any missions and just keep finding more stuff to do.. my god this thing is packed. Just had a great game of chess, killed some criminals, hacked tons of money, did a mobile car chase, and walked, drove and snuck all over just doing more and more shit.. most enjoyable OPEN world game on the whole, that I've played...

Ive been out for a day or two, so sorry if this has already been answered. Is there a way to increase the rate u get invaded. I have only been tailed once, and i dont even know if it counted towards the trophy because I stopped the guy. This seems like a trophy I will just have to leave my ps4 on over night a few times to hopefully get. Hate luck based trophies. Also, when I have been invaded it seems most of the time is from people hacking, not tailing...extremely frustrating

Seeing your phone go away on its own makes it way too easy to get hackers now. Grenade launching all over those fuckers. A hacker lasted about 20 seconds with me.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Ive been out for a day or two, so sorry if this has already been answered. Is there a way to increase the rate u get invaded. I have only been tailed once, and i dont even know if it counted towards the trophy because I stopped the guy. This seems like a trophy I will just have to leave my ps4 on over night a few times to hopefully get. Hate luck based trophies. Also, when I have been invaded it seems most of the time is from people hacking, not tailing...extremely frustrating

Apparently the more times you play online the greater the chance of getting the same happening to you. Not sure if this is actually true, just what I saw a few pages back.

I got to drive the Invisi-Car

CZganJS.jpg

Liberty4all

Banned
For hacking do they get a warning immediately, or only once you've hacked them but not yet initiated the back door?

They are warned immediately, however, they do not see the blue radius circle until the hacker initiates backdoor.

I believe though when being invaded by a hacker that until the backdoor is initiated there is a purple radius circle both parties see the moment the hacker invades. This purple circle does not move, I think it represents where the invader initially spawned. Once the backdoor us initiated the shrinking blue radius circle starts up.

I think that's how it works although i will test again tonight.

malfcn

Not sure when my internet came back up. But it went down while playing.
On Xbox One the game started freezing every 3-5 minutes for about 20 seconds, like it was checking for connectivity.

Shadownet

Banned
I was hacking someone, got spotted, jump in a car and gunned it. He chased after me on a motorcycle. I waited till we were in a long straight road. Slammed on the break and he went flying lol. I ran him over and made a clean getaway.

PS. Apparently right now I'm in the top 3% in the world?

I was hacking someone, got spotted, jump in a car and gunned it. He chased after me on a motorcycle. I waited till we were in a long straight road. Slammed on the break and he went flying lol. I ran him over and made a clean getaway.

Top 3% for what?

Is anyone else unable to save video clips on PS4 of Watch Dogs? Only 'save screenshot' pops up in the bottom, never 'save video' when I hit the share button.

It never seems to record the last 15 minutes. This a problem for anyone else?

Yasae

Banned
Yeah me too, I accept them then the app user drops out halfway through the challenge.
Same thing here. I've only been able to complete one out of several, most are dropped. I imagine the servers are mostly to blame since the drops are relatively early.

M.W.

Jesus, can not stop playing this... I'm barely playing any missions and just keep finding more stuff to do.. my god this thing is packed. Just had a great game of chess, killed some criminals, hacked tons of money, did a mobile car chase, and walked, drove and snuck all over just doing more and more shit.. most enjoyable OPEN world game on the whole, that I've played...

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I just stopped after about 4 hours of playing. During that time I did one story mission. I'm still on Act 1, mission 5. This is after a good 10 hours or so of playing.

nib95

Banned
Quick question, when you do those weird blue icon side missions, are they supposed to last so long? Like, I did the retro shooting one and ended up playing till like level 24, and then also did the digital trip jumping one which seemed to have God knows how many different levels.

Are they supposed to be that long, and is there any reward or penalty for doing a certain number of levels or tracks or whatever?

Anyone? I know it sounds like a weird question, but I just don't want to be playing these side missions for like 30mins+ every time I choose one.

I feel like the 'Alone' digital trip is awesome...if it weren't for the respawning robots. Just makes it frustrating. Would have been way cooler if there was just a set number you had to avoid and takedown.

Lol, I figured out someone was trying to hack me when I tried to set up a waypoint while driving and when I came out of the map, my car was immobile. Then, I just hid in a garage where I knew if the dude wanted to profile me I'd see him do it. I heard a crash on the door, hacked it, and unleashed metal rain on his biddy ass when he got out of the car before he even started the hack

kriskrosbbk

Is anyone else unable to save video clips on PS4 of Watch Dogs? Only 'save screenshot' pops up in the bottom, never 'save video' when I hit the share button.

+1. Missed a lot of cool stuff already.This feature just doesnt work.

slapnuts

Sweet dude...some fun moments in this game for sure.

Learned my lesson about trying to hack someone that said "good defense" or something like that from being hacked. All that means is they let it get to 95% and then disconnect.

slapnuts

I guess this proves that graphics aren't the end-all be-all of gaming, eh? You couldn't pay me to play Killzone or Infamous again, and yet here I am playing the hell out of ugly little Watch_Dogs praying the end doesn't come too soon.

For a game like this...it's forgivable but this day and age with new consoles and power of mid range PC's...we should be well beyond this by now for open world games but Watch Dogs does have some thing different with its open world..i cannot pinpoint it but just driving around, even though neighborhoods feels so alive at times and the amount of personality to all the people that walk about in this game is pretty cool as well. I really appreciate how each person has a description over them...i like that even if its a bit barebones

Overall though...i like kicking back late night playing the game.

*sigh*

I never thought I'd fall into the fps camp, bit this game really would have benefitted from increased fps.

The environment chops by while driving, not as bad as GTA V. Spinning the camera around quickly makes it very noticeable as well.

Aside from that gripe, the game is still loads of fun!

Shadownet

Banned
Learned my lesson about trying to hack someone that said "good defense" or something like that from being hacked. All that means is they let it get to 95% and then disconnect.

Yeah I got that happened to me a lot too. People sure are mean. Disconnecting like that.

After I get my required trophies. Y'all can hack and tail me whenever you want. I won't retaliate or run away. :p

jiiikoo

Banned
I got my Untouchables and Conspiracy unlocked in game. I searched for them from the SEN store and downloaded on my PS4. I then restored licenses under Settings->PSN->Restore Licenses and when I went in to the game and checked "Additional Content". A pop-up screen appeared that said I had unlocked both of them and they were in the game!

I got my Untouchables and Conspiracy unlocked in game. I searched for them from the SEN store and downloaded on my PS4. I then restored licenses under Settings->PSN->Restore Licenses and when I went in to the game and checked "Additional Content". A pop-up screen appeared that said I had unlocked both of them and they were in the game!

Hmmm. Gonna try that.

I just invaded some dudes game to hack him, and it glitched to a free roam type game. He can't hurt me but I can hurt him and have gps on him ROFL, what should I do?

Edit: Nvrm we can't hurt eachother lol, stopping the stream to upload a video, no one was watching it anyway.

xkramz

I try to restore license from ps4 and I get error CE-33945-4 this is dumb I buy the damn gold edition and still can't access the bonus items.

I'm shocked by how fun the convoy missions are. It gives a lot of opportunity for really fun planning, and usually devolves into awesome shootouts in packed traffic. The guns in this game feel great. I wish it was easier to find side activities though.

I'm shocked by how fun the convoy missions are. It gives a lot of opportunity for really fun planning, and usually devolves into awesome shootouts in packed traffic. The guns in this game feel great. I wish it was easier to find side activities though.

Yea, the inevitable issue is there's simply no reason for Ubisoft to work on the game anymore. So we're unlikely to see any serious changes with the current content. Just DLC for Outfits. vehicles, weapons and story/extra side missions down the road.

The guns and sounds are really great though, leaves me craving after The Division, which will probably run on the same engine.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Holy shit I finally have online working for PC! All you have to do is list Watch Dogs and the uPlay .exe as compatibility for Windows 8 (I'm on 8.1) and it works flawlessly! Had an awesome round of tailing, man that one gets your heart pumping.

Xenon

Yeah I have had issues since I first got the game. If your set to default controls for share, you should just tap the share button then hit the square button to save the video. Problem is most of the time the option is not there. You can manually start record by tapping the share button twice, but that will erase the last 15 minutes of game play. You can also hold down the button for a screen shot.

The thing is very flakey and does not work most of the time.

Edit: I've been playing this nonstop for the lady two days. This is by far the best modern open world game I have played in a long long time.

dex3108

Small info for PC GAF regarding MP problems. After i have done following my MP is working now.

- If you are using Win8/Win8.1 set watch_dogs.exe and UPlay.exe to Win7 compatibility mode.
- Set static IP address for your PC if you are using router and you have not done that before. You can find instructions here
- Forward ports that you can find here
- Check if you can see your router icon/name under Network (You can find Network tab when you go to My Computer/Computer and on the left side there is Network shortcut). If you can see i your router there go and right click on icon/Properties. In new window that pooped up you can see Settings button, click on it. And in new window that opened add all ports listed above.

After i have done all of that MP started working for me. In 20 minutes i have been hacked and i have invade 3 players.

Jhn

They are warned immediately, however, they do not see the blue radius circle until the hacker initiates backdoor.

I believe though when being invaded by a hacker that until the backdoor is initiated there is a purple radius circle both parties see the moment the hacker invades. This purple circle does not move, I think it represents where the invader initially spawned. Once the backdoor us initiated the shrinking blue radius circle starts up.

I think that's how it works although i will test again tonight.

I don't think this is correct. If it is, ubi changed it last minute and forgot to change their loading hints.
One of them states roughly "When doing tailing or hacking, you can back out of the attempt at no notoriety cost as long as the victim is unaware of your intrusion".
If they are notified immediately, they are never unaware.

edit: Actually, I've caught people a few times before they initiated, and I did not get notified. The profiler does however start identifying everyone around you as "not a threat", so that's a bit of a tell. This could potentially be only for tailing though, I don't know.

Yeah, seems to be random. Sometimes I'll get the "save video" option and sometimes not... It seems like double tapping the share button for start video works for me most times. Got a few captures in today. Game looks gorgeous, especially in the alleys and during cinematics:

http://a.pomf.se/xepegs.webm
http://a.pomf.se/kfagba.webm
http://a.pomf.se/znxbcg.webm
http://a.pomf.se/uilurs.webm
http://a.pomf.se/nuczez.webm

Top Bottom