• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

SJRB

Gold Member
I have been watching a playthrough of this and if anyone knows where the 'Ambrose Theatre' is, i swear its the area from the orig 2012 reveal demo where he walks outside in the rain and has that gun battle on the road.
If anyone knows where that is and wants to check it out to confirm it is the same area then cool. I just thought it would be cool if someone gifed it or did a vid to compare the graphics to the reveal vid.

The theatre is absolutely in the game, there's a hotspot right next to it too. CyberPunked has a nice screenshot:

Looks great day and night on my PC:
14320432583_0afec798eb_o.png

How do I scan one of the QR codes? I'm in a camera but I cannot scan them.

Think of them as Riddler puzzles from Arkham Asylum - you need to observe them from the right angle with a ctOS camera. If you're in the right position a "hack" prompt will show up over the QR code.

Hoodbury

How do you play online decryption with a friend or two? Can you not party up first? This seems like a big oversight :(

You select public or private. It's defaulted to public. You have to move to private after you select that game mode. You don't get notoriety points for private matches though. But you can play it FFA style which is pretty cool.

bargeparty

This place moves too fast:

How do you actually start these pre-order missions? Like the Signature Shot one that I got with my Amazon order, or the additional PS4 content?

So, everytime I tailed one successfully, someone else enters my game and tries to hack me. Hence, after each tailing mission I just wait for the NPC with unusual behaviour and kill him.

RetroStu

Banned
The theatre is absolutely in the game, there's a hotspot right next to it too. CyberPunked has a nice screenshot:

Oh i know its in the game, i'm watching a playthrough right now. I'm just saying that the main road next to the theatre looks like that part in the orig 2012 demo where he walked outside in the rain.

zlatko

Banned
The times the MP works it easily justifies this games purchase on its own. It is a freaking blast.

However, that said, it has worked maybe 5/100 attempts for me. The 1v1 stuff works more often, but I have yet once to get a public game session of free roam or decryption.

If Ubisoft can patch this in a few days then they have my favorite game of the PS4 I've played yet.

Hats off thus far.

Kelsey

Banned
So I just loaded the Upload channel to check out videos of Worms and what I saw on the splash page was a video for Watch Dogs in which the screen grab associated with that video clip were a pair of big ole titties. Microsoft has to love that.

Found it on Gameclips. NSFW.

Double D

So here's a nitpick (since I'm just sitting at work watching streams); Once you hack something that's a one time use item (now that I think about it, I guess just exploding stuff), I don't like how it lets you 'select' it even after it's been hacked.

Sometimes when shit hits the fan and I'm frantically looking for stuff to hack that stuff just kind of gets in the way.

how's the player-base on xbox one? seems like reading through this thread it's all about ps4...

i bought on xbox one just because i prefer the controller, but don't want dead mp

Is there any way to cancel out of the annoying recap phone calls/monologues you get every time you start up the game?

Far Cry 3 did the same thing, and it's very irritating.

Lucent

I wonder if the corrupt saved data glitch is also related to online. If it is, I wonder if I can just disable invading and stuff until they fix it. Really want to play this game again. Sucks to take out something like that, but I guess I'll try it.

I guess not. Post 67 basically did what I was going to do and bad stuff still happened. Guess I'll continue to wait.

Aeon712

Is there any drawback to dying or failing a mission? I haven't noticed anything but the time of day changing when it reloads me.

Gaz_RB

I need to scan them first and then initialize the hack. How can I deal with moving targets?

Those fast movers are usually what get me. Grab a firetruck or ambulance, turn the lights on, and then move in a little less suspiciously.

Don't forget that if they are 1000 ft away, you can fast travel.

So what our people's favorite outfits in the game? I'm finding myself wearing the "steelworker" outfit a lot. I like the grunge and the high collar.

Orange Burn!

Kelsey

Banned
how's the player-base on xbox one? seems like reading through this thread it's all about ps4...

i bought on xbox one just because i prefer the controller, but don't want dead mp

For the majority of the time I've owned it on PS4 it felt like a dead online game due to PSN and Ubisoft server outages. There's a ton of PVP videos on Upload for XB1, so it doesn't appear to be dead there. The game is going to sell a ton on both consoles.

RetroStu

Banned

I wouldn't use this forum to judge anything like that, i get the sense that some people on here are almost 'scared' to say they have the X1 version of games.

Muffdraul

Last night I did the Fixer mission Muscle Memory. That third and final car delivery was like "If you haven't forced yourself to adapt to our shitty driving controls yet, you will now." Slightest mistake = total failure.

Is there any way to cancel out of the annoying recap phone calls/monologues you get every time you start up the game?

Far Cry 3 did the same thing, and it's very irritating.

On the same note, is there a way to make it so the goddamn newsradio doesn't repeat every time you drive more than five feet in a car? I am so tired of listening to those terribly acted interviews with the mayor and CTOS employees.

Marvel

could never
So what our people's favorite outfits in the game? I'm finding myself wearing the "steelworker" outfit a lot. I like the grunge and the high collar.

Rogue!

White woolen coat with the black hood and cap. Looks awesome. I do also love the PS exclusive White Hat Hacker suit but the cap looks off with it :( I switch it up between those two the most.

I keep getting on that poker table clearing mission.

Friggin clearing a table takes so damn long and I keep blowing my advantage because I get impatient.

zlatko

Banned

I'm using one of the yellow outfits, but can't recall the name. Street Urban? Not sure. I got an amazing screenshot in an alley with puddles and reflections on my PS4 of me in it.

This game is still a looker and has plenty of moments I stop what I'm doing to admire how great it looks.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, The Tower criminal hideout is a pain in the ass. It seems super simple since there's only one way in and out, but after the first few guys, picking off someone without getting discovered is tough. Ten tries thus far today, will try again later.

Man, The Tower criminal hideout is a pain in the ass. It seems super simple since there's only one way in and out, but after the first few guys, picking off someone without getting discovered is tough. Ten tries thus far today, will try again later.

Get in the car, drive up, and run over all the gunmen in Focus. The target is usually standing next to his getaway car, if you bump into it (not full speed) he'll be knocked over and you can hop out and nab him.

zlatko

Banned
Did an online tail, and the game placed me in a rail yard, right in front of the guy.

Cheers!

Same happened to me.

It's a little idiotic the player can just stand in a spot like that and intentionally opt to be invaded because they will always win.

Granted the guy who pulled that on me....didn't succeed. I pulled away and hid quick behind something, hacked him, he of course found me right away, but I was already footing it towards a maze of stuff, got out onto the street, hopped into a car, and escaped.

Suckah!

SirCrush

OH MY!

I am saving for a PS4, currently, but I really wanted to give Watch Dogs a shot. So I rented it from Redbox, on PS3. It's rough. That's an understatement. When the game is working, I do find myself enjoying it and the story and Aiden's character are both much better than most people are making it sound. But MY GOD the glitches!

First, a few instances where it seemed like my PS3 hard froze. It didn't, it was just a momentary freeze in the game. Red flag #1.

Then, I had an annoying song that played during one of the driving missions stuck on. Like, I couldn't get any other music to play or it to turn off. It just looped endlessly. Red flag #2.

The last straw came when I was trying to get to a ctOS tower and I couldn't vault over anything. THe prompt came up. But that divider by the freeway was apparantly too much for me. As was that trash can. And that little fence. I'm sure if I restarted the game or even the last checkpoint, it would've fixed itself. But I just turned it off and returned it to Redbox.

I still intent to play this game again, perhaps rent it at Redbox when I get my PS4 next month. But that PS3 version...YIKES!

Good game though. I think I may enjoy it immensely without those bugs :)

I have been watching a playthrough of this and if anyone knows where the 'Ambrose Theatre' is, i swear its the area from the orig 2012 reveal demo where he walks outside in the rain and has that gun battle on the road.
If anyone knows where that is and wants to check it out to confirm it is the same area then cool. I just thought it would be cool if someone gifed it or did a vid to compare the graphics to the reveal vid.
Here's a video of me at that spot o Xbox one: http://tinyurl.com/l55xxro

Edit: saw your response above. It's definitely the same spot as the 2012 reveal. That's the corner of State and Lake streets.

Apparently, I've been locked out of Watch Dogs. "Can not start the application, your licenses are being verified." I bought the Gold Edition on PSN, I can dig up the receipts in my email to prove I purchased it. What do I do. ;__;

owlbeak

So when you invade other players, you stay as Aidan and they look like NPCs. I assume from their end you just look like an NPC as well?

Marvel

could never
Anyone having any luck with the mobile app and get any games in?

Nope, not one single attempt has worked for me today. Ubi servers are a little crippled again I think? Saying my NAT is bad when it's fine.

I mosied around google and it seems to be the case for pretty much everyone today. Was fine yesterday.

HelloMeow

I'm getting pretty pissed that I never get invaded.

I can invade other players without any issues, but I never get invaded. It happened twice on the game's release, but now it just does not happen.

DukeBobby

My God, I've been tailed by some idiots lately.

If you're going to follow me, don't stay 3 feet behind me, in a car, on the fucking pavement!

My God, I've been tailed by some idiots lately.

If you're going to follow me, don't stay 3 feet behind me, in a car, on the fucking pavement!
Those might be their very first attempts at it. Not everybody has been playing this since launch.

Speaking of which there isn't really any skill based matchmaking to this right? My first mission had me against someone classified as "very high online defense" and that was on release day.

Top Bottom