• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It happened for me pretty quickly after the invasion tutorial. I've probably been invaded half a dozen times in the 7 to 8 hours I've played the game.

Check your NAT to make sure it is open on your PS4. If it's on strict, you'll only be able to connect with open NAT players, so that'll restrict your potential player pool by a fair margin.
But I've invaded other people's games just fine and been finding plenty of matches there so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that kind of issue. But I'll check anyway.

Edit: It says NAT type 2. Should that be ok?

I've been streaming for a few days alongside Gaz as well, well steaming is a generous term. I've been watching myself lol. Anyway, now that I can actually do MP, I've been hacking/tailing and doing CTOS mobile challenges and been doing very well. Feel free to drop in and ask questions, the point of streaming for me is so people can gauge whether they are interested in the game or not. Streaming is better than any review, and feel free to ask me to do a story mission/side mission if you're interested in seeing them.

www.Twitch.tv/aztechnology

LegendX48

Same issue here.

My PC gets pretty loud after playing this for a while, and I can barely hear the game, even at full volume.

That's not exactly the same issue I'm having, The game's volume for me is just naturally (extremely) low and I have to crank the volume on my speakers to max just to get a decent level.

But I've invaded other people's games just fine and been finding plenty of matches there so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that kind of issue. But I'll check anyway.

Probably isn't then, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to ensure your NAT is open.

So is this game worth waiting for the first sale at $45 or so?

Next gen or last gen? Ubisoft generally drops the prices on their new games pretty quickly, but the next gen price drops have lagged behind the last gen price drops, I noticed that with Black Flag. If you're wanting next gen, it could take a little while for a $45 price point.

Setsuna

i love just walking down the street at night listening to "Cold in chicago"

Especially with the anarchist outfit the yellow matches up nicely with the lighting on the buildings

When I be able to access GOLD edition missions like " the Palace " ? I'm only at Ch4. Will they appear while you progress later in the SP story?

Got caught soo off track with side quests, mini games..etc.

SJRB

Gold Member
When I be able to access GOLD edition missions like " the Palace " ? I'm only at Ch4. Will they appear while you progress later in the SP story?

Got caught soo off track with side quests, mini games..etc.

The map icon for the Palace mission popped up on my map halfway through the first act.

J-P

Neo Member
That's not exactly the same issue I'm having, The game's volume for me is just naturally (extremely) low and I have to crank the volume on my speakers to max just to get a decent level.

For me i can't hear the damn car engines when playing in 5.1. Through headphones it sounds fine though. Driving me fucking crazy.

Can anyone suggest future clothes for Aiden to wear that aren't something a stalker might wear? Cause, I get that he looks like he's supposed to blend in, but he actually sticks out a lot.

There's actually a flashback scene in Act 1 where he's wearing something decent, but I guess we don't get to wear that.

Setsuna

found something interesting where if you sprint, focus, and then press a direction perpendicular to where you are going you can slide like 5-10 feet to the left or right while maintaining forward momentum

Kikarian

Can anyone suggest future clothes for Aiden to wear that aren't something a stalker might wear? Cause, I get that he looks like he's supposed to blend in, but he actually sticks out a lot.

There's actually a flashback scene in Act 1 where he's wearing something decent, but I guess we don't get to wear that.
The original is the best for that IMO.

The white hat hacker one :lol

Jeramii

Banned
Is there any real consequence to being invaded and losing? I get invaded quite a bit, I've only lost once but I can't quite tell what the downside of losing is.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Nice. With the way the side games work in this, they could really take DLC in any direction and it would work in the universe they have created. This is one of the first games where I'm actually looking forward to see how they will support post launch DLC.

Is there any real consequence to being invaded and losing? I get invaded quite a bit, I've only lost once but I can't quite tell what the downside of losing is.

It effects your Notoriety Points

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Been in a police chase for 20 minutes now, 5 star wanted. Jesus it's brutal lol. Managed to get to a train and currently escaping. Doesn't help doing all this out in the country side with hardly any cars and buildings around.

One thing though, has anyone managed to take down (disrupt) a helicopter from inside the car? It seems likely impossible due to the camera angles and the chopper always stays above in a blind spot.

Would be nice if it moved from side to side or in front.

Edit: It says NAT type 2. Should that be ok?

That should be a moderate NAT, which I think means you can P2P with other moderate NATs and open NATs, but not with strict NATs. It shouldn't be causing serious problems, but if you can, I'd try to get it open.

Jeramii

Banned
It effects your Notoriety Points

Ok cool, I was thinking that was probably all it did.

Is there a way to get hacking defense up? I noticed that when viewing peoples profiles some of them say they have higher hacking defense than others. Is that just your personal ability to shut people down? or is there an actual skill or something that makes it scale up?

Double D

Anyone starting Watch Dogs should complete the shells game first.

I'm embarrassed to say that I've only gotten past the first level. So, this is going to sound dumb, but is it 'realistic'? Like, follow the ball and you can really actually follow it with your eyes? Granted I didn't spend too much time on it. Failed probably 3 times and moved on. It just kind of seemed like I was doing a pretty damn good job of following that ball and the guy was using black magic or something.

JJD

Guys where can I find the DLC Missions (Palace Pack, Breakthrough Pack and Signature Shot) that come with the season pass? I could not find then anywhere on the map...do I have to reach a certain part of the story for then to unlock?

Or do I have to download those packs? I can't find then at the PS Store. The only thing I could find at the store was the Conspiracy Digital Trip and the Untouchables Pack 1 and 2.

Help please!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok cool, I was thinking that was probably all it did.

Is there a way to get hacking defense up? I noticed that when viewing peoples profiles some of them say they have higher hacking defense than others. Is that just your personal ability to shut people down? or is there an actual skill or something that makes it scale up?
That's essentially just a summary of your "record." If you've killed a bunch of invaders and few have been successful you'll have "very high defense."
Guys where can I find the DLC Missions (Palace Pack, Breakthrough Pack and Signature Shot) that come with the season pass? I could not find then anywhere on the map...do I have to reach a certain part of the story for then to unlock?

Or do I have to download those packs? I can't find then at the PS Store. The only thing I could find at the store was the Conspiracy Digital Trip and the Untouchables Pack 1 and 2.

Help please!
In "acquired content" from the menu prior to entering the game, you can get explanations for each pack. They specify the mission you must complete in the story.

HelloMeow

So I've played for like five or six hours so far and I don't think I've been invaded or anything. How can you tell if it happens? Do you get a warning? Do you need to enable it?

I also spent like two hours last night clearing the poker table.

I posted about having the same issue a couple of hours ago. Then I came across some info about a possible fix. I did some port forwarding and disabled all unused network adapters.

It seems to have worked, because now I keep getting invaded over and over.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I just hacked Shinobi. Poor guy never had a chance bwahahahhaha.

Specially after he started to shoot and people called the police!

oldmario

has anyone had this happen to them?
http://a.pomf.se/myrblz.webm
it happened a couple times but oddly enough when after i recorded it the trains stopped doing this

also the announcer kept repeating the message you get when you hack the trains to stop and kept spamming clifton lol

Help please!

After you input your codes you have to make sure you downloaded them.

If you go to your games library then click watch dogs, go to Add-Ons and they will appear and then download them.

Chanser

I'm embarrassed to say that I've only gotten past the first level. So, this is going to sound dumb, but is it 'realistic'? Like, follow the ball and you can really actually follow it with your eyes? Granted I didn't spend too much time on it. Failed probably 3 times and moved on. It just kind of seemed like I was doing a pretty damn good job of following that ball and the guy was using black magic or something.

You can follow the ball, it took me a couple tries though he does do some fake moves. Try and complete level 3 for your xp boost.

It's pretty easy to cheat at it. Set the games contrast all the way up, then quick tap pause when he's done, you can see the ball through the cups.

Denton

Question, all the crimes poping up every few minutes, is it possible to disable the notification pop-ups for that ?

JerC

Can anyone tell me why I have a circle in the bottom right of my screen all the time. It was there since the start but now it has a red line going through it as well.

Holy crap, I love the music in this game. It is so good. Though the one track I really seem to like, I can't find it anywhere. I don't think it's in the OST. Can anyone help me find it?

STORY MISSION ACT 1 AND 2 SPOILER BELOW

It plays when you fight the Enforcer in the jail laundry room, and when you chase down that one straggler when killing the crew that was sent to kill Bedbug.

tumblr_n6b1s6uCa51r88u00o1_400.gif

Top Bottom