• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

anddo0

Just got the platinum. Very enjoyable game with a few minor blemishes IMO. Bring on the sequel (without that fucking drinking game though)!

Only the drinking game and being tailed online stand between me and the plat.

How do you get people to tail you?
I've haven't had anyone attempt yet :(

murgo

Only the drinking game and being tailed online stand between me and the plat.

How do you get people to tail you?
I've haven't had anyone attempt yet :(

How do you know? You don't get any notification if you've been tailed, you only see the profile saving icon. Try tailing other people and wait for them to tail you back. I too thought I'd never get the trophy until I saw a dude in a wrecked car yesterday. Guy was standing at a red light and I kinda knew he was tailing me, so I I pretended to not know and a few seconds later the trophy popped.

Striek

Just got the trophy for ten online hacks. Its a really fun twist on MP, although generally speaking people aren't very good at looking for me (I'm 10/12 I think). IDK if I'll play the other modes since hacking is clearly the best.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What is with this game and the season pass/dlc?

One time I'll have the 1920's Mobster Outfit then it vanishes and I'll have the Chicago South Club Outfit.

These are the only 2 outfits I've ever seen I still haven't had access to the remaining 3 even though they are apart of the season pass. Also happens with the weapons and vehicles.

• Blume Agent Outfit
  • CyberPunk Outfit
  • DedSec Outfit

Is it worth getting in touch with Ubisoft support? Wondered if its a UPLAY error or something.

Setsuna

What is with this game and the season pass/dlc?

One time I'll have the 1920's Mobster Outfit then it vanishes and I'll have the Chicago South Club Outfit.

These are the only 2 outfits I've ever seen I still haven't had access to the remaining 3 even though they are apart of the season pass. Also happens with the weapons and vehicles.

• Blume Agent Outfit
  • CyberPunk Outfit
  • DedSec Outfit

Is it worth getting in touch with Ubisoft support? Wondered if its a UPLAY error or something.
From my experience ubisofts support are really helpful when it comes to these things

edukate

Give us the option to turn off the HUD. Similar to how assassins creed and infamous allowed... It really detracts from the overall presentation of the game and should be something I could disable.

Are random car crashes super frequent in this game, or is it because people are tailing me and screwing with the traffic?

I've been getting a lot more crashes recently, too. All the traffic lights seem to be green and I can't hack them. I suspect it's plot related, but am not sure.

I am having much more fun with Gang Hideouts, cOTS Centers, and Tailing/Hacking than with the main story. I wish there were unlimited gang hideouts that just randomly spawn in a specific building or area.

omonimo

Banned
A few hours in even though I bought the game at launch I only started yesterday, and I'm having a lot of fun so far. The minigames are far better than GTAs so far.
It's the main campaign to be far worse. Finished it some day ago, sp it's really, really, disappointing.

The more I play the more I want to do all side stuff, collections, hacking into apts, fixer missions, really enjoying, love hacking into servers and seeing all kinds of silly shit, doesnt have the greatest story and Aiden is pretty generic but its not that bad, cant wait to get back home today and play some more.

Chitown B

The more I play the more I want to do all side stuff, collections, hacking into apts, fixer missions, really enjoying, love hacking into servers and seeing all kinds of silly shit, doesnt have the greatest story and Aiden is pretty generic but its not that bad, cant wait to get back home today and play some more.

yeah the side stuff is addicting. I've played 23 hours and I'm only halfway through Act II. But I've completed the check ins, the weapons missions, the QR code mission, and a few others.

I've beaten the main story, unlocked all ctos towers, but I've only done 12/15 gang hideouts. the last 3 aren't appearing on the map. what do i have to do to unlock them on the map?

JJD

Anyone knows when season pass buyers are going to get the pre order bonuses like the Palace mission?

I would like to play those before I finish the game. This is so stupid Ubisoft.

Liking the game so far just some side missions suck (fixer transporter I'm looking at u) and it's stupid when u can kill the target in convoy when u have a small brigade opening fire on u.

Jordi should've been the main character. Aiden is okay. I'm only in act 1 but the plot is believable so far.

hbkdx12

Did online races and online free roam for the first time. Yikes. Framerate is awful, tons of lag spikes, hit detection is awful.

Same here. Soon as i got my trophy for the 10 races i just said fuck it. Cars literally spawn in right in front of you and god forbid you're in the vicinity of other racers, it's just unbearable with ppl ping ponging everywhere.

Furthermore i think i might have missed the sweet spot on hacking/tailing. Did 3 missions of each and everytime ppl were toying with me before i made myself known. It's totally deflating and annoying. I'm sure it wasn't like this 2-3 weeks ago before people started using tips and tricks to determine if people are in their game and where they're at.

Squoig

Banned
Got another bug. Found the last SongSneak song, progression says 23/23. Achievement didn't pop, achievements app says 95% complete.

Sigh

Finished the story last week, overall a good experience. Sadly an online invader destroyed the maybe most emotional part of the story:
Right after Clara died and the desolate music faded in, i guess it was meant to accompany you RDR-like to the next location, some random guy invaded me, because apparently this drive wasn't part of an active mission. The sad music ended abrupt and the frantic electronic one faded in. Even though I identified and killed the guy very quickly every tiny bit of the atmosphere was destroyed until the end of the game.

Apart from that I really love online hacking and just thwarted a hack 95%, this stuff gets so fucking tense when it comes to the last 20%!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6aR_9EARy0

Chitown B

I thought you were supposed to be able to knock guys down by shooting them in the leg. Every time I try to do that to a target, he just takes it and then 2-3 shots and he dies.

aries_71

After a couple of weeks playing Watch Dogs, I reached the conclusion that multiplayer is broken, at least the online hacking and tailing modes. People must be abusing the focus exploit and inmediately know when somebody has invaded their game, long, long before being profiled. As soon as I invade an online player, I see them starting abnormal behaviours, like driving non stop or hiding in back alleys. Pity, because the modes are interesting, but fundamentally flawed due to the exploit.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Finished the story last week, overall a good experience. Sadly an online invader destroyed the maybe most emotional part of the story:
Right after Clara died and the desolate music faded in, i guess it was meant to accompany you RDR-like to the next location, some random guy invaded me, because apparently this drive wasn't part of an active mission. The sad music ended abrupt and the frantic electronic one faded in. Even though I identified and killed the guy very quickly every tiny bit of the atmosphere was destroyed until the end of the game.
This same exact shit happend to me! I was trying to best the game ASAP and got hacked. Bastards lo!

14/15 gang hideouts completed, and all fixed contracts completed, and the last gang hideout still isn't popping up. I'm at 60% progress. I've beaten the main game. I need this last stupid hideout to max out the skill tree. how the heck do I get it to pop up?

I bought this game day 1 and I'm still in chapter 1. But top 200 in online tailing. That's all I'm doing. It's so great to enter random games and watch players during their rampage, when they just walk around, fight the police, or try to find me.

And to all the players out there ... don't try to scan everyone when you know that your are being tailed.

Been playing campaign very slowly, as I've had too much fun just walking around Chicago doing all the side missions. Just finished Act II...

Not liking the way that you're forced to turn Aidan into a mindless killer, makes all the sneaking and hacking I've done seem pointless. I guess there's a story Ubisoft really want to tell and they need to go in this direction to tell it.

14/15 gang hideouts completed, and all fixed contracts completed, and the last gang hideout still isn't popping up. I'm at 60% progress. I've beaten the main game. I need this last stupid hideout to max out the skill tree. how the heck do I get it to pop up?

I found a gang hideout last night being doing an intrusion.

Striek

After a couple of weeks playing Watch Dogs, I reached the conclusion that multiplayer is broken, at least the online hacking and tailing modes. People must be abusing the focus exploit and inmediately know when somebody has invaded their game, long, long before being profiled. As soon as I invade an online player, I see them starting abnormal behaviours, like driving non stop or hiding in back alleys. Pity, because the modes are interesting, but fundamentally flawed due to the exploit.
Idk what the focus exploit is but I always knew today when I was being invaded because I was always trying to invade others. OTOH almost no one acted suspicious against me (20+ people).

hbkdx12

I posted a couple posts above and this has been my experience as well. Gave it another go and i only had 1 successful hack otherwise it felt like people were just fucking with me the minute i stepped in the game. On one hack i spawned into the woods in pawnee behind the strip motel and the guy is standing next to a car by the road and next thing i know i get two grenades lobbed at me. I run behind the motel and then i get on the roof and he gets in his car and takes off but stops after a few seconds when he realizes i'm not giving chase. I just quit out

I was tailing another guy as soon as i spawn in the guy runs into an alley and while looking in my direction just keeps strafing back and forth. Pretty pissed off at how my online experience has been up to this point, i get on a motorcycle and just keep riding up and down the alley past him figuring that he was probably waiting around for a tail to get the trophy or whatever so i knew he wasn't gonna kill me. I eventually start the tail all the while we're both being complete dipshits and are completely aware of each other's presence. At one part i start doing donuts on the motorcycle and he runs over to me and gets run over. Then my trophy pops for my first successful tail. Don't know if he helped him get any closer to his trophy but oh well.

I partially feel like it's my fault for jumping in so late but it's a shame that it feels like a sizable amount of the community has been ruined in just a few weeks by all these exploits and tricks to get the jump on invaders. Added to the problem is that this far from release most people have beaten the campaign and did most if not all the sidequests so people are just basically standing around so to speak waiting to be invaded.

Idk what the focus exploit is but I always knew today when I was being invaded because I was always trying to invade others. OTOH almost no one acted suspicious against me (20+ people).

If you try to use focus and it doesn't go into slow motion it means someone's in your game. Also if you pause the game and the background is still moving it means someone's in your game.

ruxtpin

Banned
dang it. I wish there was a way to shoot at people from cars. I'm pretty good about finding the person trying to hack me in the purple circle, but then they jump in a car and disappear.

Stanng243

So this was hilarious. I was tailing someone online. I was at 95%, but apparently they weren't profiling. Because between 95% to 100, they actually pulled me out of my car, got in and drove away.

So guys, I started playing this week and I would like to know how long is the game if I just go for the story and ignore the side missions. So far I've played like 4 hours and I'm still on act 1 which is kind of ridiculous. I've played mostly campaign missions and maybe 3 side missions in total.

I feel like I have another ACIV in terms of how long it is. I played that game like 40 hrs and was never able to finish it, which was a bummer since I was really enjoying the campaign. I know my mistake with that game was doing to much of the side missions, so I don't want to repeat the mistake again. But if the campaign of Watch_dogs is +20 hr(like I've read online) I might just as well play the side-missions only and give up as I did with ACIV. So is it true about the +20 hrs?

All this is really making me regret my pre-order of Unity. To my defense WD is barely my second Ubi game. Since when do games need to be so darn long story wise? A 10hr story + the same sidemissions would be perfect for this type of games. Sorry for the ranting.

So guys, I started playing this week and I would like to know how long is the game if I just go for the story and ignore the side missions. So far I've played like 4 hours and I'm still on act 1 which is kind of ridiculous. I've played mostly campaign missions and maybe 3 side missions in total.

I feel like I have another ACIV in terms of how long it is. I played that game like 40 hrs and was never able to finish it, which was a bummer since I was really enjoying the campaign. I know my mistake with that game was doing to much of the side missions, so I don't want to repeat the mistake again. But if the campaign of Watch_dogs is +20 hr(like I've read online) I might just as well play the side-missions only and give up as I did with ACIV. So is it true about the +20 hrs?

All this is really making me regret my pre-order of Unity. To my defense WD is barely my second Ubi game. Since when do games need to be so darn long story wise? A 10hr story + the same sidemissions would be perfect for this type of games. Sorry for the ranting.

If you play the campaign only I don't think it will take 20+ hours. This is from what I've read of the impressions of people completing it in this thread.

I've only done 4 missions and have probably 50 hours in thanks to the addictive invasions.

I love the hacking in this game (both getting and being hacked)...So intense..Having people walk right by you in a car, or some NPC just acting slightly odd enough for you to pick them out...

I can't even make it out of ACT 1 because all I want to do is the hacking..lol

Frustration last night someone was hacking me and they just kept running around the building >.< I knew where they wear, but I couldn't get a shot on them and no hacks to slow them down. They knew where I was as I was a freaking outline on their screen so could react to any change of direction I made.

aries_71

Frustration last night someone was hacking me and they just kept running around the building >.< I knew where they wear, but I couldn't get a shot on them and no hacks to slow them down. They knew where I was as I was a freaking outline on their screen so could react to any change of direction I made.

The outline only last for a few seconds if they stop having line of sight with you. I don't see how that could be a viable tactic.

Top Bottom