• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

My new favourite thing is putting IED down, hacking my target, running to opposite side of the capture area and setting the IED off via the cameras to distract target.

Paganmoon

So done with all side investigations, and the main mission, and throughout the game, didn't have a single online hacking intrusion, all settings in game seem correct, and I can play online myself, connected to Uplay and all. Wondering if router settings prevents online intrusions, anyone else get the same issue?

Edit: On PS4, with uPNP on the router btw.

dex3108

So done with all side investigations, and the main mission, and throughout the game, didn't have a single online hacking intrusion, all settings in game seem correct, and I can play online myself, connected to Uplay and all. Wondering if router settings prevents online intrusions, anyone else get the same issue?

Try to disable all network adapters except Ethernet adapter.

The only time I don't seem to get invaded is when I load up my save and haven't invaded yet or hacked a Blume associate.

Edit: It has to be a network issue, possibly NAT related.

Special C

So I can see some data trails when hunting for some collectibles that go on top of buildings that I can't for the life of me find a way to get up to, or find a camera that goes up that high.

Is there something I unlock later that is going to give me access to these, or is everything obtainable from the start and I'm just missing it?

Special C

I want an RPG for helis. Or at least a way to disable those fucks whilst driving.

You have to get a good distance away to see them in cars, it's annoying. You have to find a straight enough stretch of road to get ahead, pop focus, then turn around and disable them.

Sojgat

So I can see some data trails when hunting for some collectibles that go on top of buildings that I can't for the life of me find a way to get up to, or find a camera that goes up that high.

Is there something I unlock later that is going to give me access to these, or is everything obtainable from the start and I'm just missing it?

They're all obtainable without any special upgrades, sometimes you just have to jump through a few cameras to get to the access point.. The camera that sees it might be around a corner and across the street.

WITHE1982

My new favourite thing is putting IED down, hacking my target, running to opposite side of the capture area and setting the IED off via the cameras to distract target.

Did something similar last night.

I waited for my target to pull up in a van then when he got out I actually ran and hid in his own van. He never thought to look in there. I then hacked a camera and just raised and lowered a nearby lift which kept him distracted while I got the win.

Also I'm surprised at how much fun the online races are. Pure chaos if you get a full crew of players.

Got it! Had to use an online guide, it was literally right underneath a Gang Hideout icon, you could not see it even zoomed in all the way on the map. Kind of stupid but whatever, I kind of enjoyed getting them as it led me around the city to some cool spots.

You could've gone into online free roam. Hotspots are available there and a lot fewer icons on the map (because there's nothing to do...)

panda-zebra

I have a love hate relationship with this game. It truly lies about wanting you to be able to play stealthy. 90% of the time it's almost impossible to play stealthy without only hacking cameras and not moving. If you're physically going into a situation, then the guys seem to see every single F'ing thing you do. They even see you through lures!!!!! WTF is the point of a lure or IED if they can see you throw it and run for you?

The game wants you to play however you see fit but certain set plays obviously suggest certain tactics. Blackout offers a chance to relocate stealthily. Also, they're not going to see you act when you throw IEDs or whatever unless they're looking in your direction, but from what I experienced it felt like it can make them curious to begin searching you out.

Did something similar last night.

I waited for my target to pull up in a van then when he got out I actually ran and hid in his own van. He never thought to look in there. I then hacked a camera and just raised and lowered a nearby lift which kept him distracted while I got the win.

Also I'm surprised at how much fun the online races are. Pure chaos if you get a full crew of players.

Brilliant! Hiding in their own cars. I like it.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
the hacking mini puzzle game is down right dumb and just makes me want to turn the game off. i just want to play the game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
the hacking mini puzzle game is down right dumb and just makes me want to turn the game off. i just want to play the game.

It got very tiresome for me, especially toward the end of the game. An auto hack perk/skill would have been nice lol.

Lrrr

Not to rag on WD, but playing around its open world made me realize just what an astounding technical achievement Rockstar accomplished with GTAV. There are many little details that Ubisoft Montreal either overlooked, or just didn't care about, but it hurts the immersion of playing in Chicago. R* absolutely nailed the small things in GTAV and it really does make a difference.

That said, I'm enjoying WD for now. I really like the gang hideouts, but the "crime in progress" and "fixer" (distract the cops) side missions are repetitive. UM said that before the delay, they discovered WD was repetitive. If this is the final results of their tweaking to make the side stuff more varied, I wonder how bad it was prior?

itxaka

Defeatist
That last mission, omg ubisoft. I know that having shit everywhere is awesome and a feature in ubishit but the player needs to be able to be at least over 20fps to be able to play this shit.

What a piece of shit port. Sometimes 60fps sometimes 25fps.

Linius

Just did some 'firsts' for quite a few things. First off I got invaded for the first time and I caught the one invading me. Person was terrible in hiding so that's my luck I guess. Then I did a criminal convoy. Take down was easy, escaping the rest of the dudes wasn't. But that's mainly thanks to the fact I'm not that fancy on the driving in this game so far. After that I did a criminal hideout which was fun. Too bad I started firing with an AK47 without realising after I picked one up. Thought I was still going around with my handgun + silencer. So because of that someone called the cops because he heard gunshots. Hurried the fuck up taking down the second target and escaped right away.

I'm having a great time with this game so far.

Not to rag on WD, but playing around its open world made me realize just what an astounding technical achievement Rockstar accomplished with GTAV. There are many little details that Ubisoft Montreal either overlooked, or just didn't care about, but it hurts the immersion of playing in Chicago. R* absolutely nailed the small things in GTAV and it really does make a difference.

On the other end of the spectrum - GTAV missed the big stuff. Yeah the game has better car deformation and you can scratch the side of a wall.

But exploring is boring and interaction with the world on foot is clumsy.

I know which I'd rather have, which can be improved in time, and which is a fundamental problem with an open world.

I swear every time I try a Decryption match on PS4 there's just unbearable lag, shooting at people who are warping around everywhere. Not a connection problem on my end.

Had a very lucky online tail the other night. Spawned in as it looked like the guy was about to board a train, so quickly bolted up the stairs and made it on just in time. I didn't board the same carriage as the target, but the next one over. As I'm standing there trying to 'observe' the player, he decides to wander onto my carriage. He must have had no idea I was in his game and his profiler must have been off, I was standing next to him until I got 100% observed.

Pretty funny just pretending to be an NPC on the train. Makes me wish you could sit down on benches and chairs.

Chitown B

I'm doing Jury-Rigged. One guy sees me and I'm fucking dead. And I'm playing on Easy. It's ridiculous. They end up behind me even if they were nowhere near behind me.

edit: I ended up having to kill every single guy. And then more guys came even though there was no one to call more guys.

Paganmoon

Get up on the L-Train tracks, think two of them in the south parts I had to go up there to start.

malfcn

It's one thing to know when people are invading you..but how are people knowing exactly where people are in their game instantly?

Definitely one of the biggest oversights for sure. Really don't get why they didn't profiles like Assassins Creed for saves.

I was thinking about this the other day. Probably because the Online and Single player games share things like XP.

N° 2048

Just finished the story on the PS4. It was meh, gameplay is pretty fun though...will probably chop away at a few side quests and get %100 over time.

Chitown B

It's one thing to know when people are invading you..but how are people knowing exactly where people are in their game instantly?

This. Pisses me off. I can't find anyone, but everyone else knows exactly where I am. There's probably some high level hack I don't have.

This. Pisses me off. I can't find anyone, but everyone else knows exactly where I am. There's probably some high level hack I don't have.

When you start the hack the 'zone' centres around where you started it, so if you don't move from that area you can sort of just find people. As for people who 'know where you are' before that even happens, it's usually telltale signs such as being on a bike, moving erratically, basically not behaving like a NPC.

Chitown B

When you start the hack the 'zone' centres around where you started it, so if you don't move from that area you can sort of just find people. As for people who 'know where you are' before that even happens, it's usually telltale signs such as being on a bike, moving erratically, basically not behaving like a NPC.

i've been walking in a crowd at their pace, and the guy went right for me.

malfcn

Just now I was in someone's game. I was 1000m away. They started driving right for me. All around the map they followed me. When I quit it said they were aware. How in the fug?

So far I'm pleasantly surprised. City looks good, game looks good. It has some next gen things I'm not used to.... Like the police being called when I'm doing ignorant shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i've been walking in a crowd at their pace, and the guy went right for me.
Just now I was in someone's game. I was 1000m away. They started driving right for me. All around the map they followed me. When I quit it said they were aware. How in the fug?
You learn to account for all this stuff over time, but:

A player can detect your presence in-game in the following ways without being notified:
-Aiden puts away his phone if you had it out.
-Pausing, the background continues to move
-Focus will not slow down time

A player can be notified of the invasion in the following ways:
-You start the hack (holding x)
-They go to start an activity such as a mission or online contract
-They profile you accidentally (if they have their phone out and you are just in their viewfinder even before they knew they were invaded)

The final piece of the puzzle is, if they know you're on the game before the notification (via one of the first methods), they can go to intentionally start an online contract, which then gives them the purple circle showing your basic location, before you'd even realize they know they have been invaded.

Thus, it's important to treat every target as potentially aware of your intrusion. Only consider getting in close if you can determine that they are unaware from their behavior. otherwise you need to consider getting to a safe, hidden spot to even start the hack, then getting out to the edge of the circle to download. Don't forget about using cameras to avoid getting physically close. If they know your exact location, you can run like hell and start the download in motion to take away this advantage, though it's risky.

Gray Matter

I just platinum this game and holy fuck how annoying it was. With the drinking game trophy and the trophy where you have to find all the missing songs are brutal. If you're trying to get the platinum, I hope you're a patient person.

Striek

A few hours in even though I bought the game at launch I only started yesterday, and I'm having a lot of fun so far. The minigames are far better than GTAs so far.

murgo

Just got the platinum. Very enjoyable game with a few minor blemishes IMO. Bring on the sequel (without that fucking drinking game though)!

Cubed

I have easily put 20+ hours into this game so far and I've only just started act two of five.

I also only have 25% of the trophies. This may be the most content-packed game I've played in years.

Top Bottom