• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

kiguel182

I KNOW RIGHT! You have this shining moment in the game and you go "Holyshit! Did I just do that?" so you decide you wanna cherish this moment by pressing the share button, only to find out that it saved a clip from a few days back. Just awful.

I know it's to 1000 whenever prompts the option but how can you trigger intentionally before 1000m?

Share button never worked for me. Only recording manually works.

It's a nice idea but it's not well executed. I remember the first time when something cool happened on Killzone and I pressed it thinking it would be awesome and the recording was of something else.

Manually starting recording before a match works great at least.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Do you mean soultron's statement? I assure you there were multiple people in this thread that bought into the Trayvon Martin easter egg business, including at least one who claimed that anyone believing it to be random was "kidding themselves."

Hey, I think mine was more conclusive!

Nice I never your post lol. I haven't seen a gaming related controversy so ridiculous since the Mario Kart 8 is racist thing a few weeks ago.

iMax

Anyone with a 5.1 setup having bass issues? I keep having to turn my subwoofer down as Watch Dog's mix has the bass way higher than other PS4 games, for some reason.

owlbeak

Just found someone trying to trail me in my game. Detected him and he ran around a building, I chased after but he kept putting the building between us, running and changing direction as I went after him. This went on for about 30 seconds until I got fed up with it, put down a proximity IED and chased him around the building, he went down the alley and BOOM. :)

Love those proximity IEDs! Would have saved a video but Watch Dogs + PS4 share feature fucking sucks. I am convinced the devs fucked up and made it so the whole game is blocked from being recorded, instead of just story missions.

LNBL

Its so easy to get rid of cops in this game. I don't get why people think its hard. You can find a garage, close the door behind you, and go take a piss and the cops will be gone. If not that, then just lead the cops around town as you take them down one by one with steam pipe explosions.

I LOVE the cockpit camera. Driving has really grown on me too. Not as good as GTA, but still fun.

Same here, I can even drive without hitting things now!

ButchCat

Online hacking/ tailing can create some special if not funny moments, last night I was hacking this guy who was driving in a semi-wrecked car until his car finally kisses another and goes bust, I see all of this from the viewpoint of my car which I had parked on the side on the road as the sole car in his vicinity, seconds later he jumps out of the car and approaches me before I even get the chance to turn off my vehicle, so in a perplexing moment rather running away I decide to do nothing. Next thing you know, he pulls me out of my car jumps into it and buggers off with no suspicion while I stand there trying to look like an idle NPC. Ofcourse I didn't have to write this little anecdote if the SHARE button was working.

RoKKeR

Zoom all the way in and look, I had one that was semi obscured by a fixer mission icon and didn't see it until I zoomed all the way in.

Been staring at this map for going on 30 minutes. Nothing.

Ugh, fuck the fact that no filter is included for this clustered map. Guess I'll just do some side missions.

Jedi2016

Main problem for me is that you can't manipulate the camera while driving. In GTA you are free to look around as you please. Also, the driving just feels better in GTA overall.
What? Yes you can, just right stick like any other game.

I agree about GTA feeling better, though.

RoKKeR

Got it! Had to use an online guide, it was literally right underneath a Gang Hideout icon, you could not see it even zoomed in all the way on the map. Kind of stupid but whatever, I kind of enjoyed getting them as it led me around the city to some cool spots.

The game is fun, but pretty average. Does not live up to the hype at all. For $36 dollars, I enjoyed it. I would have hated to pay full price. Overall a 7/10 game. Also, a boat can always outrun the cops is LOL. The mini-games are much more fun than the actual missions IMO. Spider Tank FTW!

TheNAC

Banned
Literally have been 1 song away from platinum trophy for a few hours of nothinf but trying to hack people in streets to find it.

Any tips? Do you hack the people with bank accounts or just ignore them when you got it?

The Cowboy

The game is fun, but pretty average. Does not live up to the hype at all. For $36 dollars, I enjoyed it. I would have hated to pay full price. Overall a 7/10 game. Also, a boat can always outrun the cops is LOL. The mini-games are much more fun than the actual missions IMO. Spider Tank FTW!
Yeah it definitely feels like a 7/10 game to me as well, its a good game that could have easily been much better.

I'm very happy that i paid £ 17 for it and not full price.

I just completed the campaign and I have to say, Aiden is a pretty lackluster protagonist. The most interesting character in the game to me was Jordi. Anyway,
did anyone else let Maurice live at the end?

Anion

I just completed the campaign and I have to say, Aiden is a pretty lackluster protagonist. The most interesting character in the game to me was Jordi. Anyway,
did anyone else let Maurice live at the end?

Yup,
I let him live.

Also, Im glad I did after I collected all the burner phones. Poor guy

sora87

Just finished it and
those fucking unskippable credits are terrible.

All in all I'd say it's a very unpolished but promising new IP, great ideas and missions some times then annoying missions the other which took the fun away for me personally.

painey

I was gunna go for 1000/1000gs but the damn bugs are driving me crazy, and the fact that you cannot shoot from the car is absolutely BAFFLING, especially on missions that have you racing to take down other cars. Some of the side missions make me want to cry they are so stupid.

Radec

Finally got the game. Pretty amazing so far.

Its great that they put splinter cell's cover system in this game.

And I love this outfit.
3PVCFJl.jpg

FFXb4b8.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yup,
I let him live.

I collected all of them and still wasted him at the end. Sucked for him.
Just couldn't let him live. He was already in hell. And he was probably gonna suffer a lot worse. With those warnings he gave, I think that WD2 will take Aiden to some pretty dark places. Which will be awesome. No idea why I said "I hope not." I just don't want his family to be put in danger again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice I never your post lol. I haven't seen a gaming related controversy so ridiculous since the Mario Kart 8 is racist thing a few weeks ago.
what really got to me was the Young Turks coverage :/ they didn't perform the tiniest bit of journalistic due diligence before just denouncing it. Pitiful.
I know it's to 1000 whenever prompts the option but how can you trigger intentionally before 1000m?
you can't, ever. just drive in the opposite direction until you hit 1000

Sectus

Online hacking/ tailing can create some special if not funny moments, last night I was hacking this guy who was driving in a semi-wrecked car until his car finally kisses another and goes bust, I see all of this from the viewpoint of my car which I had parked on the side on the road as the sole car in his vicinity, seconds later he jumps out of the car and approaches me before I even get the chance to turn off my vehicle, so in a perplexing moment rather running away I decide to do nothing. Next thing you know, he pulls me out of my car jumps into it and buggers off with no suspicion while I stand there trying to look like an idle NPC. Ofcourse I didn't have to write this little anecdote if the SHARE button was working.

If your connection's up for it, you could stream to twitch and then make highlights there from the stream archive.

http://www.twitch.tv/sectus/c/4425460 - Here's one small highlight I've got. Quality's rather low though as my connection is bad.

Online hacking is probably where I've had most of my fun in Watch Dogs, I've had plenty of memorable moments happen during that mode.

owlbeak

Online hacking is probably where I've had most of my fun in Watch Dogs, I've had plenty of memorable moments happen during that mode.
Same for me. Say what you will about Ubisoft's open world games, but I enjoy the multiplayer in Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs. When people try to blend in and play the part instead of ramming cars into you, or being bad at tailing, etc, the game can be an incredibly tense cat and mouse game that really gets your heart racing.

Same for me. Say what you will about Ubisoft's open world games, but I enjoy the multiplayer in Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs. When people try to blend in and play the part instead of ramming cars into you, or being bad at tailing, etc, the game can be an incredibly tense cat and mouse game that really gets your heart racing.
I could never get into the multiplayer of Assassin's Creed. It just felt so disconnected from the singleplayer gameplay. If Unity includes Invasions (assassinations, tailing) I would do that, but the actual multiplayer itself? No.

AC4 would have been great if it had invasions, especially at sea. Another player comes in with their ship and has to either follow you or destroy your ship. Maybe the next Black Flag.

Unrelated, in Watch_Dogs I am finding it impossible to maintain a positive reputation. It has been hovering around neutral forever. The car controls are so loose that I inevitably end up hitting civilians and it takes so much off of your reputation. Does your reputation have any effect in game?

Just beat the game. I spent early time stopping some crimes, did some fixer contract, and unlocking all CTOS towards.

Is there anything in particular worth experiencing in the game? I'm going to trade it in, but if there something interesting hiding in the side quests I'd be game to play them.

I played spider game and NVDR. I also did a cash run.

Shadownet

Banned
Just beat the game. I spent early time stopping some crimes, did some fixer contract, and unlocking all CTOS towards.

Is there anything in particular worth experiencing in the game? I'm going to trade it in, but if there something interesting hiding in the side quests I'd be game to play them.

I played spider game and NVDR. I also did a cash run.

The online hacking and tailing is the only thing worth playing. Otherwise if you're done, trade it in. I got $40 in store credits for mine.

Yup,
I let him live.

Dude already seemed pretty broken and I opted to let him live as well. Redemption/second chances and all that.

The tease at the end of the long un-skippable credits about version 2.0 of the cTOS network and expansion to other cities gave me hope that in the inevitable sequel you might end up playing as someone else. Kind of how AC had different assassins. At least I hope that is the case.

lol51

Ran into a huge bug on PS4.

I was 90%+ done with the game when i decided to do the online contracts portion of my progression wheel. I was doing online tailing (requesting a tailing target). I did 4 tails, RealKillerSkillz, Rayomar30, SteveBESTof, and Shortfuse4 in that order. On my 4th tailing, the guy kills me and my game disconnects from his. I am now wearing the starter jacket and the game thinks I haven't even done the tutorial missions.

I have no weapons except the starter pistol.
I can't hack Helicopters, barricades, or trains.
When I try to play online again it says "Please complete the tutorial XYZ mission."

I have already finished the game. There are no missions left.

I can't do anything now. I can't unlock things I have already unlocked in my skill wheel. I can't redo completed missions.

Just got back from vacation. Have they done anything about PC performance yet? Was running okay for me before I left, until I got into a car and then the framerate would go to shit.

Yoda

Dude already seemed pretty broken and I opted to let him live as well. Redemption/second chances and all that.

The tease at the end of the long un-skippable credits about version 2.0 of the cTOS network and expansion to other cities gave me hope that in the inevitable sequel you might end up playing as someone else. Kind of how AC had different assassins. At least I hope that is the case.

I agree. This game had many strongpoints but also as many weakpoints. The story was one of its stronger points except for one glaring problem... the protagonist. He was quite literally the most boring of all the characters you met (save his family). Even the cunt of the year Damien was more interesting than Aiden. They had real oppurtuniries to develop his character with Clara or his Sister towards the end of the game and he just seemed like a robot.

ev0

What? Yes you can, just right stick like any other game.

I agree about GTA feeling better, though.

My issue is you dont have full vertical control with the right stick while in a car.

When I was doing those Getaway Fixer missions that cause a 4 star Police Chase I would constantly try to get a view of the Heli while in the car and couldnt unless I was really far ahead of it.

I would stop the car to disable it and get back in. A minor annoyance but kind of silly

Its so easy to get rid of cops in this game. I don't get why people think its hard. You can find a garage, close the door behind you, and go take a piss and the cops will be gone. If not that, then just lead the cops around town as you take them down one by one with steam pipe explosions.

Or just go into the water which is their one major weakness, as Angry Joe shows pretty hilariously XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOISheIuU4k#t=18m43s

Dommel

Just finished it, the last bit dragged on forever and that's even without the unskippable graphics.

Story was all downhill after Act 2 imho but I still really like the game for what it had to offer outside of the main missions.

Loved the gang hideouts & criminal convoys. Played on hard so had to do quite a few of them multiple times and each time completely different.

rob305

Finally finished the campaign. For some reason the end caught me by surprise because I was expecting 8 chapters and not 5 (must have misread it in the menus). Still a great game. There's so much left to do, its definitely not going to be my last visit to virtual Chicago

malfcn

Still can't properly quit to the main menu for Xbox One. It always locks up.
I have to dashboard and quit the game.
Jordi told me Maurice was giving me a location, but to follow the clues.
That's about the cell phones right? Because I didn't see a new icon pop up to go check out.
Happened after the 4th Main mission of Act 2.

soultron

Banned
Just couldn't let him live. He was already in hell. And he was probably gonna suffer a lot worse. With those warnings he gave, I think that WD2 will take Aiden to some pretty dark places. Which will be awesome. No idea why I said "I hope not." I just don't want his family to be put in danger again.

I let him live. I stuck around and then noticed he started repeating the Fibonacci sequence, just as that Blume employee (Angela, I think?) hacked into the Bellwether code. Pretty neat/creepy.

hbkdx12

Just burned thru the campaign this weekend after just doing side stuff and such since release.

The plot was serviceable. Didnt care for clara and the
love interest angle. Wasn't believable at all and really expected him to lose his shit when he found out she was part of the whole thing even though she apparently had a change of heart

The thing at the very end with
maurice fell a bit flat for me. The game didnt do enough to make me question my actions to the point that it would cause some kind of moral dilemma when faced with the idea if i should kill him or not

In regards to jordi
maybe im a bit dense or wasnt paying attn enough but did he really double cross you? If so why? And for who? I ask cuz afterwards he calls u about maurice and i know it was a loose end for him as much as it was for you but that brief exchange made it sound like there werent any issues between u two but maybe it was just jordi being jordi. I dunno

The mission where u take down
iraq was awesome. Storming the project building felt very new jack city ish as someone else mentioned. Too bad they didnt have cream playing during that mission :p

I hated the hacking minigames but i hate all minigames of that variety where u have to put pipes and things in the right order so the current can flow through. This drove me crazy in the original bioshock but atleast there you could auto hack

Overall had a very enjoyable time with this game and the foundation that ubi has built here. Look forward to going back to complete some loose ends and see what the dlc offers.

Chitown B

I have a love hate relationship with this game. It truly lies about wanting you to be able to play stealthy. 90% of the time it's almost impossible to play stealthy without only hacking cameras and not moving. If you're physically going into a situation, then the guys seem to see every single F'ing thing you do. They even see you through lures!!!!! WTF is the point of a lure or IED if they can see you throw it and run for you?

Top Bottom