• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Fuck these piece of shit drinking games. Everything about them and how they are played is stupid.

• Having to get to lvl 10 in all of them to get the unlock/achievement
  • Not being able to immediately replay after failing and instead teleporting you from the bar
  • Not being able to immediately play the next round when you win a round
  • Too short timers during the rounds
  • Too many rounds in a level
  • Extremely slow and shitty dialogue between every round (unskippable unlike in poker)

I could go on even further but fuck it.

Squoig

Banned
Fuck these piece of shit drinking games. Everything about them and how they are played is stupid.

• Not being able to immediately replay after failing and instead teleporting you from the bar
  • Extremely slow and shitty dialogue between every round (unskippable unlike in poker)

If you fail a round, you can select load last auto save. If you win a round, go get a drink at the bar and the guy immediately sobers up.

Otherwise, yes the drinking achievement sucks.

Jharp

Just finished the game

Wish it wasn't merely a shootybang, but at least it was a decent shootybang, I guess.

Man what bad writing. Just... holy shit. Wow. Goddamn, that sucked.

Also, if WD2 has hacking minigames, count me out. This shit isn't fun, you jackasses. It wasn't fun in BioShock or any other game, no matter how good that game was, and it wasn't fun in your mediocre game.

Relly

Banned
Anyone else running into online trolls when you're trying to hack them?

They drive to where there's literally not a soul, far at the edges of the map, that way if you pop up, they see you instantly. Idk how they can tell they are being invaded so quickly without me even reaching their area

Another thing is people aborting the connection somehow (rq?) in the high 90s before the hack is complete.. And I get 0 points. All the good hiding for nothing.

The online part is what was the most fun for me.. Especially after flipping the game.

Lrrr

On the other end of the spectrum - GTAV missed the big stuff. Yeah the game has better car deformation and you can scratch the side of a wall.

But exploring is boring and interaction with the world on foot is clumsy.

I know which I'd rather have, which can be improved in time, and which is a fundamental problem with an open world.

In WD, I started a mass killing spree in the middle of an intersection and all the drivers just ducked down and stood there while I calmly went from car to car and murdered everyone. When you do that in GTA, people will either run you over trying to drive away or get out and run. I prefer GTAs open world. It felt more believable to me.

I think my game has become corrupted. I was playing yesterday, and quit normally. I went to play today and I hit "continue" but now the loading screen just hangs at @90%.

I quit, and restarted my console (PS4) and tried again. Same thing.

Ugh. I had like 30 hours or so invested. This is why I hate games with only 1 single save file. You would think they could at least include auto save file and 1 manual save file >.<

ibtHVvGMmix2pX.gif

I really fucking hate how this game resets the video buffer everytime you do anything online. I just got invaded but noticed before he initiated the hack, so I gunned him down and hit share to save... but there's no prompt to save the clip. Try again a few seconds later, oh there it is! Let's see what it recorded... oh it's the five seconds of me trying to record it. Fantastic. Thanks Ubisoft.
That's the second time this has happened. Same exact scenario too, though last time was more funny (dude just walked up to me with his phone out).

jobrro

It's the last trophy I have to go to get the platinum but I would rather not go through the pain and annoyances and miss out on the trophy than suffer through 2+ unfun gaming hours to get it. Pretty much every other trophy had it's fun in either introducing you to something or going a step further than is neccesary in the campaign, that one is just too much and turns me off going back to the game and just messing about in the otherwise pretty great city (that and the notoriety system which sort of makes sense in that world).

SJRB

Gold Member
The driving in this game, oh my god. It's killing the game for me.

It takes time to get used to, for sure. It's extremely arcade-y. It also takes time to learn which cars have good handling and which ones drive like hot garbage.

Some guy invaded me when there were no NPCs around. Instead of trying to hide he ran right up to me and tried to follow me in a line...Shotgun to the head fixed that though.

sjay1994

Man, fuck this stupid fucking drinking game.

It's the only thing standing between me and a platinum.

I can't fucking do it. I have done level 8 for the centre one so many times, and the pawnee one I am stuck at level 6.

Just fuck this thing.

Oppo

Any tips for a latecomer to the online invasions?

I like the invasion/hacking game setup but i am getting my ass kicked all over the place, feels bad man.

Special C

Hacking defense has gotten stupid easy once I started learning to exploit the "Aiden puts up his phone" or "focus doesn't slow down time" mechanics. You just go to a place where nobody is, like a garage, and wait.

hbkdx12

While you're getting hacked?

When someone is in your game but before they initiate the hack. They're exploits that let you know when someone is in your game. So it greatly takes away the advantage from the invader by removing the element of surprise.

So if you have ur phone out and he automatically puts it away it means someone just invaded your game. If you pause the game and the background is still moving that means someone's in your game. If you try to use focus and it doesn't go into slow motion that means someone is in your game. Worse yet, if you try to start an online match while someone is in your game, it'll will tell you that it can't connect because you're invaded and will EXPLICITLY GIVE THE LOCATION OF THE INVADER

So the real assholes are purposely sitting in a wide open area like pawnee doing these things to see if someone is in their game.

Really ruins the experience when you go to invade someones game and get grenades shot at your the minute you step foot in it.

Mononoke

Banned
Just have to vent. My god the driving mechanics in this game are ass. It didn't bother me before, because you could always hop into another car that handles better. But I'm on a mission that forces me to drive a specific car, or the person will get away (I have no time to fuckin get into another vehicle). This car spins out constantly, can't make turns. If it gets tapped an inch it fly.

Its so goddamn aggravating. GRRRRR

(Thanks for letting me vent my rage).

Special C

So the real assholes are purposely sitting in a wide open area like pawnee doing these things to see if someone is in their game.

In my defense I don't do this. I just play the game like normal, but you better belive if I happen to find out somebody invades my game I'm heading to the first garage I can find.

Denton

So like I play the game, on PC, ultra, for like 50 hours.
I do every single sidequest in the game, right.
I have zero bugs or crashes.
I finish the game.

AND THE GAME GETS STUCK ON CREDITS AFTER ENDING VIDEOS (the TV news stuff).

Like, I encounter one bug...right there at the end.

Oh Ubi...

HT UK

Just finished the story. Doubt I'll do much of the side stuff.

I didn't really think it was that great overall. It was ok, but there are much better open world games out there. I much prefer GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, Infamous etc.

My biggest complaint is probably the driving. Combine the handling with the lack of weapons whilst driving, and it makes police chases a pain in the ass.

I do think there's some potential here for the inevitable sequel though.

Anyone having their PS4 freezing up when starting up Watch Dogs? I tried playing this afternoon (apparently there's PSN maintenance going on earlier) and right after it got to the "connecting to Uplay" screen it black screen'd and I got a buzzing sound from the speakers.

Had to force shutdown the PS4 due to it.

Can someone tell me where I can find the 'white hat missions' that come with the PS4 version. The first one is called 'mission' I believe but I can't seem to locate it on the map.

When someone is in your game but before they initiate the hack. They're exploits that let you know when someone is in your game. So it greatly takes away the advantage from the invader by removing the element of surprise.

So if you have ur phone out and he automatically puts it away it means someone just invaded your game. If you pause the game and the background is still moving that means someone's in your game. If you try to use focus and it doesn't go into slow motion that means someone is in your game. Worse yet, if you try to start an online match while someone is in your game, it'll will tell you that it can't connect because you're invaded and will EXPLICITLY GIVE THE LOCATION OF THE INVADER

Really ruins the experience when you go to invade someones game and get grenades shot at your the minute you step foot in it.

I'm turning the online stuff off until they fix it. The worst are the cheats/quitters who disconnect the moment you're about to complete your hack on them. No way I'm wasting my time going through that long hack again just so someone can screw me right at the end. It's so obvious they needed to either punish people for doing this or still give the hacker his points if someone disconnects on him. But nooo.

It's a shame because I was really enjoying the hack up until that point. It was tense stuff.

Zenka

Unconfirmed Member
So like I play the game, on PC, ultra, for like 50 hours.
I do every single sidequest in the game, right.
I have zero bugs or crashes.
I finish the game.

AND THE GAME GETS STUCK ON CREDITS AFTER ENDING VIDEOS (the TV news stuff).

Like, I encounter one bug...right there at the end.

Oh Ubi...

Yeah I have the same issue..

Wouldn't be so bad if the character mission dialogue didn't repeat every single time after you play a multiplayer game/die/reload checkpoint.

Kadayi

Banned
Anyone else feel that there was clearly a major restructuring when it came to the storyline at some point?
The fact that you're constantly named via the media but your sister seemingly has no awareness of this for instance creates a massive disconnect. I really wonder whether she and the children were shoe horned in at the last minute, because there's a clear differential between the quality of their character models Versus those of Cara and Jordi.

badb0y

This game runs like garbage on my computer.

i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz
2x GTX 780 SLI
8 GB DDR3 RAM
MX100 512 GB SSD

I play at 2500x1600 and even on medium it stutters when I am driving fast.

Lima

So I did the exclusive PS4 mission, what exactly is this?. It was like 5 mins, unless their is more?. I thought it was 60 mins?

Claim meet reality.

It always has been like this ever since they started doing it with AC.

It can be 60 minutes sure. If you play it like Dennis and watch every tree along the way.

cackhyena

Claim meet reality.

It always has been like this ever since they started doing it with AC.

It can be 60 minutes sure. If you play it like Dennis and watch every tree along the way.
lol

Just got this today, and besides the driving which doesn't seem like it could ever match GTA, even after getting used to it enough, it's a lot of fun. I'm genuinely surprised how off the beaten path I keep going, and wanting to. Fixer contracts are fuuuuun.

If you fail a round, you can select load last auto save. If you win a round, go get a drink at the bar and the guy immediately sobers up.

Otherwise, yes the drinking achievement sucks.
At what point? I just tried reloading and it just dumps me outdoors in the drunken state.

Top Bottom