• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I noticed that today when i was driving around. I go forward, and the shadows move. I stop, and the shadows stop. I reverse, and the shadows start moving again.

It seems like the time of day only progesses when you are moving which is weird

Dammit!

I am definitely going to notice this now after reading haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I noticed that today when i was driving around. I go forward, and the shadows move. I stop, and the shadows stop. I reverse, and the shadows start moving again.

viral marketing for Super Hot

I created a guide for the Cheat Engine table I use for free camera and modifying FOV

Features
FOV • Free cam • Time stop • Time of Day

Lets you get camera angles like this:

14427626724_2a098222b6_o.png

And pause the action for shots like this:

You can also control the time of day. Useful if you want to take screenshots at the exact same time of day easily... or just go from night to day with a few button presses. Always nice to get the best lighting for a screenshot :)

Few more I captured today:

14258806540_7503305bee_o.jpg

14466847343_3b0ce3178c_o.jpg

Who is that giglees guy? I got a bug when you meet T dog, the screen went black then I heard deadsec telling Aiden about asking for his help to go find giglees but the screen just stay black, I can actually move and shoot, reloaded the check point and that mission didnt have to be there. Also I dont remember any mission about him before or after.

SJRB

Gold Member
Who is that giglees guy? I got a bug when you meet T dog, the screen went black then I heard deadsec telling Aiden about asking for his help to go find giglees but the screen just stay black, I can actually move and shoot, reloaded the check point and that mission didnt have to be there. Also I dont remember any mission about him before or after.

You unlock his audio files when you solve QR code puzzles, he's a Dedsec wannabee.

jaypah

I was walking through an alley at one point and the sun was setting. I saw the shadows creeping up one of the walls but when I'd stop walking, the shadows stopped as well. I'd nudge a foot forward after a couple seconds and the shadow would nudge ever so slightly self. Is this in other open world, real time games and I just never noticed? Time stands still for special lil old me.

I watched this happen yesterday with the shadow of a lamp post. I thought I was tripping but time really was moving along with me.

hohoXD123

Recently started playing this. Is there actually no way to avoid having your notoriety reset to 0 if you don't want to be distracted by invasions for a while? Guess I could sign out of PSN but that seems pretty inconvenient.

Wasp

The online hacking mode is really quite addictive, I've long since got the trophy for winning 10 but I still keep on playing. I thought I'd share a couple of the videos I did today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cguQnQhrG64

How on earth didn't the guy see me at 1:33?! He literally runs directly into me whilst I'm crouching in a corner. I don't think it's even that dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmQymMXlxw

And in this one the guy gets profiled by me and tries to make a getaway except I'm stood on top of his getaway car. Haha.

benzy

I created a guide for the Cheat Engine table I use for free camera and modifying FOV

Features

You can also control the time of day. Useful if you want to take screenshots at the exact same time of day easily... or just go from night to day with a few button presses. Always nice to get the best lighting for a screenshot :)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2932/14258806540_7503305bee_o.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3871/14466847343_3b0ce3178c_o.jpg

Any screens of rainy night? =D

molnizzle

Jesus, is the PC version still not fixed? I just booted up again after waiting about two weeks and I still can't launch the game unless I first put Uplay into offline mode.

WTF?

I was walking through an alley at one point and the sun was setting. I saw the shadows creeping up one of the walls but when I'd stop walking, the shadows stopped as well. I'd nudge a foot forward after a couple seconds and the shadow would nudge ever so slightly self. Is this in other open world, real time games and I just never noticed? Time stands still for special lil old me.

I watched this happen yesterday with the shadow of a lamp post. I thought I was tripping but time really was moving along with me.

Far Cry 3 did the same thing from memory.

Montresor

I did 10 online hacks, and my in-game progression meter says 10/10, but on the XB1 achievements app it shows only 90% completion. Dammit.

Kabuto

damn this game is fun. I got it at launch but haven't played it extensively until this week. The shootouts and escaping from cops or enemies is the best out of the open world games I've played because of the hacking. I love going over a bridge and turning it 90 degrees so enemies can't follow me or blowing up a steampipe under them.

Also it's just my opinion, but I feel like people are complaining about the story too much; I think it's pretty good/decent. I have reasons to hate the antagonists and like the protagonists.

Playing with the The Worse 0.7 mod makes the game look pretty phenomenal with the lighting as well, but my FPS with almost everything set to Ultra went from 60fps to 48fps which isn't that bad but it still kind of sucks.

I finished it last night and MAJOR SUPER SPOILERS - END OF ACT IV/GAME
I'm so fed up with the way Ubi treats female characters. Like someone had literally just said "most women die without reason" and then ONE OF THEM DIES. FOR NO REASON.

Maybe this was discussed before, but does anyone have troubles with PS4 video recording in this game?
My PS4 refuses to capture any footage automatically. Like at all. Every time I open share menu while playing Watch Dogs there is no footage of it and PS4 doesn't even suggest to save a clip.
I ran into this problem occasionally with other games, but it usually fixes itself after restarting the game or pressing Share again.

Montresor

I did 10 online hacks, and my in-game progression meter says 10/10, but on the XB1 achievements app it shows only 90% completion. Dammit.

I'm not even at home - I'm at work and now I see that this achievement magically popped for me. Phew. Something similar happened with Ryse achievements as well. Hopefully MS fixes these delayed achievement unlocks.

I think the 1000/1000 is now pretty much mine (eventually - I'm still early). Only thing I can think giving me trouble is the drinking mini-game, but I was much more worried about 10 online hacks.

Lima

I'm not even at home - I'm at work and now I see that this achievement magically popped for me. Phew. Something similar happened with Ryse achievements as well. Hopefully MS fixes these delayed achievement unlocks.

I think the 1000/1000 is now pretty much mine (eventually - I'm still early). Only thing I can think giving me trouble is the drinking mini-game, but I was much more worried about 10 online hacks.

Lol no you should be much more worried about that fucking drinking game. I'm at 985 in this game and fuck that shit.

dex3108

111mb patch on my PS4 right now. Any info what this will be?

MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892700-Watch-Dogs-Patch-(6-18-14)?p=10052409#post10052409

Darvan

Anyone else on the PS4 still have you can't connect check your NAT type message even after the patch? Seriously this is sicking.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Features

14258806540_7503305bee_o.jpg

14466847343_3b0ce3178c_o.jpg
Wait a minute. Did you just create photomode??? O.O

I don't think this is the case, although it is weird that both of you encountered a similar phenomenon.

Montresor

Lol no you should be much more worried about that fucking drinking game. I'm at 985 in this game and fuck that shit.

Sounds horrible, heh.

I'm really enjoying the game. It's weird but I love all the trival busywork. Between missions I am constantly doing side quests: syncing hotspots, privacy invasions, fixer contracts, criminal convoys, etc...

Hobohodo

Guys what's with online tailing?

I thought the idea was I got dropped into some one else's world without them knowing yet the last 3 times I have done it people have obviously known they are being tailed the moment I enter. First guy was hiding on a roof with no way to get to him, one guy was hiding in an alley that was a dead end and the last guy I had seems to drop what he was doing to just go and stand in the middle of a park so that I couldn't get to him without it being obvious. I know these guys were prepped the moment I was dropped in the world as two of them never had there markers move at all and were quite a trek from me and the other guy I was able to see do it. Compare this to online hacking where It's clear that they don't know I'm after them till I initiate the hack. So yeah what gives? There some trick these guys all did that warned them I was about?

Guys what's with online tailing?

I thought the idea was I got dropped into some one else's world without them knowing yet the last 3 times I have done it people have obviously known they are being tailed the moment I enter. First guy was hiding on a roof with no way to get to him, one guy was hiding in an alley that was a dead end and the last guy I had seems to drop what he was doing to just go and stand in the middle of a park so that I couldn't get to him without it being obvious. I know these guys were prepped the moment I was dropped in the world as two of them never had there markers move at all and were quite a trek from me and the other guy I was able to see do it. Compare this to online hacking where It's clear that they don't know I'm after them till I initiate the hack. So yeah what gives? There some trick these guys all did that warned them I was about?

There's a few things that make it obvious someone is about to enter or is already in your game.

1. Aiden puts his phone away the moment your game becomes a multiplayer game
2. When you pause the background of the menu keeps moving
3. Focus doesn't work

This goes for hacking as well, so I'm not sure why you've found that easier. Your best bet is to play the modes as if everyone knows already.

The Gang Hideout and Convoy Fixer Contracts are underrated. They can really get out of hand to the point of hilarity, and the game shines the most in those scenarios. The mechanics allow for some really badass moments that I think have been glossed over in favor of arguing about visual downgrades. It's the first time in a long while a game has reminded me so much of GTA3's "block the street to kill the target" style of gameplay.

Or just snipe him.

Or screw it up and end up in a chase.

Or blow his head off with a shotgun and blackout the city to escape.

Or set up an IED trap.

Or have the police show up and shoot it out with your enemies while you flank them and silently knock out the the target before getting away with car stealth.

Top Bottom