• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Nitsuj23

Am I wrong in assuming I should be able to run this at 60fps without stutter using the following:

i7 4770k 3.5GHz
GTX 780 6GB
16GB RAM
running @1080p

I just built this a couple months ago. First foray into serious PC gaming. I used to be in the 30fps is fine camp, but not any more. Fuck that camp. I love 60fps, but these stutters annoy me more than ever. I think because I'm getting accustomed to 60fps.

I'm worried that this will be a sign to things of come. Maybe I should have sprung for the 780 Ti.

Nitsuj23

O_O

How did I not know about this...

They came out recently. I bought my PC parts mid-March and originally had a GTX 770 2GB. I have a 1440p montior (mentioned 1080p in my previous post because I play some games on my TV) and realized that the 770 wasn't going to cut it. Like a week or two after purchasing I got an email notifying me the 780 6GB was releasing soon and I qualified for the Step-Up program. Went ahead with the program and have been really happy for the most part.

Don't judge your PC on Ubi PC games. You'll be depressed for nothing.

Do try the borderless window workaround, may fix the stuttering.

Yeah, that helped a bit I think. I switched to using vsync via the Nvidia Control Panel too. I feel like the recent patch may have made things a bit worse. Not game breaking, but definitely seemed to notice more stutter yesterday... could be a placebo after reading some reports to that effect.

I'm not familiar with "GPU Max Buffered Frames". Is there a consensus on what's ideal? Trying to think how it'd even work with vsync and I get confused haha.

Denton

I'm not familiar with "GPU Max Buffered Frames". Is there a consensus on what's ideal? Trying to think how it'd even work with vsync and I get confused haha.

I finished entire game (50+ hours) in borderless window with gpu max frames set to "1". Textures high, rest of settings ultra, 1080p. Zero stuttering, 40-60fps depending on situation. Game looks god damn great, even if obviously 60+fps would be preferable. That is on 4ghz 2500K and 280X.

Nitsuj23

I finished entire game (50+ hours) in borderless window with gpu max frames set to "1". Textures high, rest of settings ultra, 1080p. Zero stuttering, 40-60fps depending on situation. Game looks god damn great, even if obviously 60+fps would be preferable. That is on 4ghz 2500K and 280X.

Thanks for the reply. I have it at 3 right now... no particular reason other than figured I would just put it in the middle. I'm gonna try lowering to 1 and hope for the best. I think I tried that briefly last week then went up to 3 and didn't really notice a difference so I just kept it there. I've played a lot more now, though, so I should be able to notice better.

I really don't want to go to high from ultra. That Nvidia chart says my card should be able to run on ultra so dammit, I'm running on ultra! (that may change :D)

Nethaniah

Reads like PR? Just read like fact, to me. Whereas none of what you write reads like fact. AC games and Watch Dogs look like shit?

Watch Dogs isn't broken for me. There does seem to be an issue with ultra textures even for people who can afford it, but that still does not equal broken.

Also, do you know that overclocking a CPU like that is potentially risky and could result in problems - even with other components? Could be something is wrong your end. If even a game like AC3 is not running well for you with that setup I can assure you the problem is your end, actually.

I never had a problem with BF4, must be other people's systems, right? Shill more pls.

I SAID GET OUT!

14463390155_d8985c98f2_o.jpg

Had to try it :)

hbkdx12

The Alone AR minigame is intense as hell, damn. And hard too, those robots aren't kidding around.

It's not too hard when you realize there isn't much incentive to kill them (if you don't care about score) and most of the time their easily avoidable.

TheD

The Detective
Reads like PR? Just read like fact, to me. Whereas none of what you write reads like fact. AC games and Watch Dogs look like shit?

Watch Dogs isn't broken for me. There does seem to be an issue with ultra textures even for people who can afford it, but that still does not equal broken.

Also, do you know that overclocking a CPU like that is potentially risky and could result in problems - even with other components? Could be something is wrong your end. If even a game like AC3 is not running well for you with that setup I can assure you the problem is your end, actually.

Stuttering out the arse = broken.

P.S There is nothing wrong with overclocking a 2600k to 4.2Ghz!

rnaud

Alright just finished the game. The ending is very very bad.

How you can spend millions of dollars on a game and not hire one good writer is beyond me. The story just doesn't makes sense. The cutscenes feel like placeholders to setup missions. And the end is rushed with no valid reasons. I still don't get any one's motives.

I'm really puzzled, I can't understand anyone reading through the first draft of the script for the game and saying "That looks solid, let's run with that."

It's a shame because I liked the rest a lot. The sense of power when stopping police and fixers cars with your phone. The sense of power when jumping from camera to camera and spying in.

I also loved the animations when running away from something, gave a real sense of action.

But that writing, man!

---
DON'T DOWNLOAD PATCH ON PS4 JUST IN CASE !
---

I was raging myself on Pawnee drinking game lvl 6 just now (already done everything else besides some scan evasions and 2 songs to find, lvl 50 and 2 million in pocket), when all of a sudden after the umpteenth retry the game says I have not enough cash for the drinking game....

I was like WTF, checked my stats and saw that my lvl was reset to 1, all skills were gone, all money gone to like 1000. Still have all my weapons, game progression ticker is still at something like 94%.

If Ubisoft is pulling some Battlefield 4 like savegame bullshit on this one then I'm done. Fuck this platinum. If they hacked my savegame then haha you got me.

Fuck I'm pissed. I need to socially lubricate IRL now.

Be wary.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's not too hard when you realize there isn't much incentive to kill them (if you don't care about score) and most of the time their easily avoidable.

I'm having the hardest time avoiding them, actually. There are so many of them, they just keep spawning all over the place and they zone in on you as soon as you run or climb. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but this is by far the hardest thing in the game [sans the drinking game of course].

omonimo

Banned
---
---

I was raging myself on Pawnee drinking game lvl 6 just now (already done everything else besides some scan evasions and 2 songs to find, lvl 50 and 2 million in pocket), when all of a sudden after the umpteenth retry the game says I have not enough cash for the drinking game....

I was like WTF, checked my stats and saw that my lvl was reset to 1, all skills were gone, all money gone to like 1000. Still have all my weapons, game progression ticker is still at something like 94%.

If Ubisoft is pulling some Battlefield 4 like savegame bullshit on this one then I'm done. Fuck this platinum. If they hacked my savegame then haha you got me.

Fuck I'm pissed. I need to socially lubricate IRL now.

Be wary.
Too late.

Kuldar

---
---

Did you use the reload trick to save time?
If it's the case it's not related to the patch, some people lost their money and skills by doing this before the patch.

hbkdx12

I'm having the hardest time avoiding them, actually. There are so many of them, they just keep spawning all over the place and they zone in on you as soon as you run or climb. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but this is by far the hardest thing in the game [sans the drinking game of course].

When i played it, 9 times out of 10, the enemies would spawn in and begin walking away from me to the point that i thought it was glitched.

I never bothered to use lethal weapons as all they do is make noise and attract attention. The emp pistol is good if you have one or two enemies in your direct path that you can't easily avoid and taking them down gets your an emp bullet so it's 0 net loss and infinite emp bullets if you play your cards right.

Also, use the barriers/walls between cleared and uncleared districts to your advantage. You can freely run back and forth through the wall if necessary but if enemies pass through they'll instantly die or they'll usually stop right at the edge of the wall and scan for you in which case you can pretty easily take them down even with them on high alert

Madness is the only Digital Trip that i've had trouble with and have yet to beat although i don't mind because the outfit you get for it isn't my cup of tea (Alone outfit ftw!)

Does anyone know of the song name played during the mission "By Any Means Necessary"

Where Aiden infiltrates Rossi-Fremont himself. Starts playing when you just get inside.

I gave up on trying to finish the drinking games by myself so i asked my girlfriend for help :'] She took one side of the controller and i took the other side, after that is was pretty damn easy. Now i'm just left with poker and chess, should be fun since i don't know how to do either of those -_-

Phreak47

I keep watching the clips posted in this thread but most of the time I end up going "okay, so what was supposed to be special about that?"

So far I haven't been compelled enough to drop 50 bones for the ps4 version yet.

In fact, I'm almost more excited to double dip on the PS4 GTAV at this point.

Skyzard

Banned
I keep watching the clips posted in this thread but most of the time I end up going "okay, so what was supposed to be special about that?"

So far I haven't been compelled enough to drop 50 bones for the ps4 version yet.

In fact, I'm almost more excited to double dip on the PS4 GTAV at this point.

Pfft, pick 1440p:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQy_dsVoQE

I'm excited to see GTA 5 though, I held out the whole time. I won't be surprised but I'll be impressed if it looks better than watch dogs. Might have more to do but WD is awesome fun. Great game and well worth it. Although performance issues for a lot of folk on PC is lame.

http://a.pomf.se/corqnd.webm

And, finally:
http://a.pomf.se/fvxchy.webm

Setsuna

The more I play this game, The more I realize that the LOD is straight ass

at first i was like this game is amazing look at all the amazing stuff. But now im like did you see that car pop in 25 feet away

Finally returned to this and finished up Act 2.

This game is BORING! God damn.

Maybe I am doing too much side stuff and I need to just do story missions for a bit.

Finished the story mode & I have to say I was kinda bored at the end. That last mission is a pain in the ass, and by that point the story makes zero sense.

Tried hopping into the Online Decryption mode only to find out it is basically unplayable due to lag. Was thinking I'd try for the Platinum on this game but now I'm not so sure. Having to suffer through who knows how many matches of lag, hoping to get lucky with a win, does not sound fun.

I was having so much fun with this game a few days ago, but it's like the wind has been knocked out of my sails all at once. 😐

Wonder when on gods green earth the rest of the preorder DLC will become available through the season pass.

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft support.

Currently, the only content available for the Season Pass is the Digital Trip: Conspiracy and Untouchables Pack. In the near future, the next DLC will become available which should contain the other outfits.

So... probably long after I've completed and uninstalled the game.

Hopefully the DLC they put out is worth it.

malfcn

So... probably long after I've completed and uninstalled the game.

Hopefully the DLC they put out is worth it.

Thought about this too.
"New stuff for Aiden to do and use! "

But the game is finished and can't replay missions or restart the game without nuking your save.

Top Bottom