• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

leng jai

The Gang Hideout and Convoy Fixer Contracts are underrated. They can really get out of hand to the point of hilarity, and the game shines the most in those scenarios. The mechanics allow for some really badass moments that I think have been glossed over in favor of arguing about visual downgrades. It's the first time in a long while a game has reminded me so much of GTA3's "block the street to kill the target" style of gameplay.

Or just snipe him.

Or screw it up and end up in a chase.

Or blow his head off with a shotgun and blackout the city to escape.

Or set up an IED trap.

Or have the police show up and shoot it out with your enemies while you flank them and silently knock out the the target before getting away with car stealth.

They're great, you can pretty much do them in whichever way you please. I'm actually pretty happy with the side missions in Watch Dogs, there's some genuine variety there (besides the crimes which are formulaic and exactly the same every time).

The contextual animations and attention to detail in this game are incredible

1098748710.jpg

(screenshot from DeadEndThrills)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The contextual animations are pretty superlative. Even simple stuff like what Aiden does with his free hand if you get close to a burst steam pipe on foot add a lot.

Aces&Eights

Who is that giglees guy? I got a bug when you meet T dog, the screen went black then I heard deadsec telling Aiden about asking for his help to go find giglees but the screen just stay black, I can actually move and shoot, reloaded the check point and that mission didnt have to be there. Also I dont remember any mission about him before or after.

Did this to me yesterday in the exact same spot. Just quit game and reload and it will load the video correctly.

Chitown B

Guys what's with online tailing?

I thought the idea was I got dropped into some one else's world without them knowing yet the last 3 times I have done it people have obviously known they are being tailed the moment I enter. First guy was hiding on a roof with no way to get to him, one guy was hiding in an alley that was a dead end and the last guy I had seems to drop what he was doing to just go and stand in the middle of a park so that I couldn't get to him without it being obvious. I know these guys were prepped the moment I was dropped in the world as two of them never had there markers move at all and were quite a trek from me and the other guy I was able to see do it. Compare this to online hacking where It's clear that they don't know I'm after them till I initiate the hack. So yeah what gives? There some trick these guys all did that warned them I was about?

There's a few things that make it obvious someone is about to enter or is already in your game.

1. Aiden puts his phone away the moment your game becomes a multiplayer game
2. When you pause the background of the menu keeps moving
3. Focus doesn't work

This goes for hacking as well, so I'm not sure why you've found that easier. Your best bet is to play the modes as if everyone knows already.

Agreed, the tells are bullshit and people checking them ruins the game. The whole point is you're supposed to be able to be inconspicuous, like with says AC multiplayer.

Ambitious

I need only one song for the Platinum trophy, but it's one of the three that aren't played in shops or restaurants. I've wasted over an hour for profiling so far. Fuck it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I need only one song for the Platinum trophy, but it's one of the three that aren't played in shops or restaurants. I've wasted over an hour for profiling so far. Fuck it.

I finally got my song sneak achievement last night. I was lucky my last song needed was playing in a restaurant. Only a few more to go to get 1000. These fixer missions are starting to get old and I'm only half way through them...

I finally got my song sneak achievement last night. I was lucky my last song needed was playing in a restaurant. Only a few more to go to get 1000. These fixer missions are starting to get old and I'm only half way through them...

Yeah, they're kinda bad. There's one where you have to escape the Club in an armored van that barely moves. The first time I tried it, I drove around for like 15 minutes trying to evade them and they kept spawning infinitely until I quit and restarted. It was really annoying.

Nethaniah

Anyone tried the patched PC version at all? no changes?

Stutter / performance wise it didn't do shit, might have fixed some crashing bugs for others though from reading some forums.

Edit: after having played a bit i would almost go as far as to say performance and stutter related issues are worse post-patch.

Nethaniah

that's a shame. I hold TheWorse and MaLDo's patches can be reapplied.

It really is, Ubisoft fucked up even more than usual with this game, people are claiming pre-patch and stuff but i'm not sure who they're trying to convince, themselves or other people.

Rumors few days ago about a 5gb patch, probably bullshit but i'm guessing a patch would need to be that big atleast to fix the issues in this game.

Rizzi

So I'm like.. halfway through the game judging by the progression list.
Does it ever pick up? Because it's so boring everything is so bland and just like every other mission.

funkypie

Banned
anyone on ps4 getting horrible frame rates in online decryption? it looks like lag but it is so bad it feels like single digit frame rates.

Wasp

anyone on ps4 getting horrible frame rates in online decryption? it looks like lag but it is so bad it feels like single digit frame rates.
Yeah, this quite often happens to me during online races, and once during online hacking too.

On one occasion I quit the online session but the framerate remained in the single figures even when playing offline. I had to turn the game off then back on again to return it to normal 30fps.

The Cowboy

Anyone tried the patched PC version at all? no changes?
Its basically unplayable for me now with the official patch.

Before the patch i had all settings on high bar level of detail which was at ultra, then with this i was running medium textures (due to my 1.5gb card): with these settings i had the game locked to 30fps and it was nice and playable with only the very uncommon loading stutter.

Now no matter what the settings its a stuttering mess, i have no idea what they did to "improve performance" but its done the complete opposite for me, I'm on the verge of just quitting the game for a month or 2 in the hopes they actually do fix it (i don't expect them to though).

valkyre

Man that drinking game can go FUCK itself sideways...

what a horrible horrible sadistic pile of dogshit of a mini game...

sorry, but I had to just say this ....

So I'm like.. halfway through the game judging by the progression list.
Does it ever pick up? Because it's so boring everything is so bland and just like every other mission.

I think you're in the same boat as me regarding this game. I completed it yesterday, but I really had to put myself to it. The game is fun in the beginning until you realize nearly every mission is basically the same. Go to location > disable guards > get to hackable item > hack item > bad guys appear > GTFO. Combine that with (imo) an uninteresting cast. I hoped it would get better in the end. It's not a bad game, it just didn't click with me.

Setsuna

The patch fixed borderless windowed the one thing I hated most about the game,

Now they just need to fix sound and increase View distance for vehicles

B4D1E

So no news yet on the extra missions unlocked by buying the season pass? At least if they could say 'It's a one month exclusive for those who preordered', so we can know when to expect the unlock.

It's the 1st time I bought a season pass and it will be the last time (except if on sale and had good feedback by the community).

SJRB

Gold Member
So no news yet on the extra missions unlocked by buying the season pass? At least if they could say 'It's a one month exclusive for those who preordered', so we can know when to expect the unlock.

It's the 1st time I bought a season pass and it will be the last time (except if on sale and had good feedback by the community).

What does the season pass even have at this point then? Only the skins and the extra AR game mode?

B4D1E

What does the season pass even have at this point then? Only the skins and the extra AR game mode?

The T-Bone single player Campaing, Conspiracy trip DLC and different packs (mission and unlockables): Palace pack, Signature shot pack and the breakthrough pack. But the latter, I already got it via my special edition.

valkyre

the below picture is from PC Watchdogs running the E3 2012 effects mod.

yVGnuBD.jpg

Can someone try and reproduce this scene on PS4 and see the level of difference? I am more interested in seeing the difference in textures , reflections and such.

x-Lundz-x

Well, I beat the main story last night. This game was incredible, I think I actually may have had more fun with this game than with GTAV.

The story missions were fantastic and varied, and I liked the story. The online is a little annoying so I turned it off but am going to turn it back on now that I am done with the game. I am very impressed, and Ubisoft has a real hit franchise on their hands here.

The only real lows of the game were the songs that played in cars, for a game that has such great story mission music the selection of songs that played in the cars was laughably bad. They need to get with Rockstar and get some advice to fix that for WD2.

So far, this is the best game I have played all year and cannot wait for the sequel.

Yay for patch! Multiplayer works now (used to get the bogus NAT error), but I got the stutters from the patch. Fast driving is basically impossible, and thus most of multiplayer remains pretty much unplayable.

cackhyena

Well, I beat the main story last night. This game was incredible, I think I actually may have had more fun with this game than with GTAV.

The story missions were fantastic and varied, and I liked the story. The online is a little annoying so I turned it off but am going to turn it back on now that I am done with the game. I am very impressed, and Ubisoft has a real hit franchise on their hands here.

The only real lows of the game were the songs that played in cars, for a game that has such great story mission music the selection of songs that played in the cars was laughably bad. They need to get with Rockstar and get some advice to fix that for WD2.

So far, this is the best game I have played all year and cannot wait for the sequel.
I'm probably only halfway through, but so far, I'm really digging it as well. More than I thought I would.

legbone

i agree. while i have not finished the story, it is really holding my attention well.

you are spot on about the music also. save for a few jazz tracks and that chicago song, the music in this game is pretty bad.

gloomy

Neo Member
The patch seems to have gimped my frame rate. Now it feels unplayable on ultra settings. I was really happy with how it was going, got a constant 30fps. Guess I'll drop the quality on the graphics and see if it helps.

None of which significantly improved performance.

Recently installed both AC 3 and 4 after I upgrade to an i7 and a GTX770 and they both run fine and look amazing. AC3 maxed out at 60fps, AC4 I just had to turn Physx off and use smaa and I get very close to 60fps.

As for Watch Dogs, everything max except textures on high plus temp smaa - 50fps. Do I wish I could push the AA a bit and use ultra textures. Sure, but the game still looks great.

These are all massive and ambitious open world games as well, remember. They are always the most demanding.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm so confused at this season pass bullshit right now. Where are all the outfits? And the additional content? I downloaded the south club outfit and some perk, and the conspiracy DLC. But where is the rest?

I want that fucking Blume Agent outfit, goddamnit. Googled for a bit and it seems a lot of people are confused about this. Why is it not popping up?

I'm so confused at this season pass bullshit right now. Where are all the outfits? And the additional content? I downloaded the south club outfit and some perk, and the conspiracy DLC. But where is the rest?

I want that fucking Blume Agent outfit, goddamnit. Googled for a bit and it seems a lot of people are confused about this. Why is it not popping up?

I'd love to know that as well. The DLC situation for this game is a huge clusterfuck.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Me too. It's definitely the best outfit and I actually might do a new playthrough with it equipped as soon as they officially release it.

Rflagg

The second act sure has a lot of sneak (without being seen) into this base or worse yet tail this guy through a base without being seen. :/ Overall I am still really enjoying the game, but the last 4 missions have been annoying.

cackhyena

They better let you dress in more than one look for the next one. There's like, three looks in this game you can have befitting a guy his age that doesn't look flat out embarrassing.

KB24

Did the ever release a patch for the '90%' corrupted save files (PS4)? It happened to me weeks ago, wasn't able to continue playing at all.

Nethaniah

Recently installed both AC 3 and 4 after I upgrade to an i7 and a GTX770 and they both run fine and look amazing. AC3 maxed out at 60fps, AC4 I just had to turn Physx off and use smaa and I get very close to 60fps.

As for Watch Dogs, everything max except textures on high plus temp smaa - 50fps. Do I wish I could push the AA a bit and use ultra textures. Sure, but the game still looks great.

These are all massive and ambitious open world games as well, remember. They are always the most demanding.

This just reads like PR, just so you know.

I have a i7-2600k clocked at 4.2, a gtx titan, 16gb ram and a samsumg 830 ssd, these games not only look like shit but also run like shit, add to that the stutter with this game, no support for basic stuff like multi-gpu's, pc's that far exceed the recommended specs not being able to run the game properly and you have a broken product, people are always so quick to pull the ''but it's an open world!!!'' card yet it means nothing, this version of the game is broken, period.

Where is the serial killer located, finished up the game, story wasnt the greatest, it started off pretty good but just went all kinds of ways, I did enjoy the ubi world like I usually do, can get a bit repetitive but it was fun. Overall if I had to score I give the game a 8.

This just reads like PR, just so you know.

I have a i7-2600k clocked at 4.2, a gtx titan, 16gb ram and a samsumg 830 ssd, these games not only look like shit but also run like shit, add to that the stutter with this game, no support for basic stuff like multi-gpu's, pc's that far exceed the recommended specs not being able to run the game properly and you have a broken product, people are always so quick to pull the ''but it's an open world!!!'' card yet it means nothing, this version of the game is broken, period.

Reads like PR? Just read like fact, to me. Whereas none of what you write reads like fact. AC games and Watch Dogs look like shit?

Watch Dogs isn't broken for me. There does seem to be an issue with ultra textures even for people who can afford it, but that still does not equal broken.

Also, do you know that overclocking a CPU like that is potentially risky and could result in problems - even with other components? Could be something is wrong your end. If even a game like AC3 is not running well for you with that setup I can assure you the problem is your end, actually.

Top Bottom